CA0110: Short term Klonopin and Trazodone user 2.5 months out

CA0110

Hey Guys, 

So I'm about 2.5 months out of very short term use of Klon and tradnazone (I bounced around a bit for a couple weeks.) the rebound anxiety was insane after jumping off of Klon (Insane Panic, DP/DR, Everything is still brighter, much increased anxiety) and I took a few doses of tradnazone and then just stopped. I was thinking I need to ride this out as since it was so short term use I didnt expect it to last long. I've had Akatsia that comes and goes, Tinnitus, and virtually no sleep for the past two months, many zero nights. (I was having insomnia issues before taking Klon.) I guess my question is could the symptoms im still dealing with be from the Klon or Tradnazone this far out? I know now it wasnt wise to jump around and just wondering if there is anything I can do at this point to alleviate some of the symptoms? Should I jump back on tradnazone to sleep and give it a second chance? Thinking about Remeron but let me know if you have any input. I've been really suffering the past few weeks as im losing count of the nights of Zero sleep and I'm realizing I have to get that under control. 

Thanks

CA

• ChessieCat changed the title to CA0110: Short term Klonopin and Tradaoone user 2.5 months out

Hi @CA0110

welcome to SA. 

Can you please create a signature to give us more information on your drug history, especially the last few years. This should include any supplements you may be using. 

How to List Drug History in Signature - Introductions and updates - Surviving Antidepressants

It seems like you are having withdrawal symptoms from cold-turkey-ing your medicines and are suffering quite badly. Here are a few topics that can help you understand what is going on and why. 

he Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization - Symptoms and self-care - Surviving Antidepressants

What is happening in your brain? - Symptoms and self-care - Surviving Antidepressants

How psychiatric drugs remodel your brain - Symptoms and self-care - Surviving Antidepressants

We can help you with managing the withdrawal journey. There are a few things you can do to alleviate them. The first one would be to reinstate a very small dose of the drug and then taper slowly. Beware, however, that you are 2.5 months out and it may or may not work and you won't know without trying.

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms - Symptoms and self-care - Surviving Antidepressants

Important topics in the Tapering forum and FAQ - Tapering - Surviving Antidepressants

Why taper by 10% of my dosage? - Tapering - Surviving Antidepressants

Why taper? SERT transporter occupancy studies show importance of gradual change in plasma concentration - Tapering - Surviving Antidepressants

The second one would be to power through and find ways to cope with your symptoms. This can take a while, however. Reinstating and tapering also takes a while but the symptoms are usually more manageable.

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms - Symptoms and self-care - Surviving Antidepressants

Important topics about symptoms, including sleep problems - Symptoms and self-care - Surviving Antidepressants

Are We There Yet? How Long Is Withdrawal Going To Take? - Tapering - Surviving Antidepressants

At SA we find that our nervous systems are highly sensitized and adding more psychotropic substances like alcohol, pot, street drugs, other psych drugs can make things much worse. As such we don't recommend starting a new drug and if you do we won't be able to assist you as we are a site to help with coming off of psych drugs. So we can't advise on starting new drugs/dosages/combinations etc. 

Many of our members fine magnesium and omega-3 helpful. However, add them one at a time and see how you react. 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) - Symptoms and self-care - Surviving Antidepressants

With time this will get better but it will be a difficult journey. We are here to support you if you would like our support. 

Here are a few success stories to show you the road to recovery. 

Success stories: Recovery from psychiatric drug withdrawal - Surviving Antidepressants

Hope you feel better,
OMW

Edited by Onmyway

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

• ChessieCat changed the title to CA0110: Short term Klonopin and Trazodone user 2.5 months out