Sense of time stopping

HopefulDawn

I had the sense of time not existing and stopping on and off especially during the begining after my ADR. I know people commonly have the sense of time slowing or speeding up but this was the sense time doesn't exist so when I felt like that I would feel like whatever emotional state I was in, I was in forever. It felt like forever.

I did also have time distortion too. I got frozen while about to cross the road and while I was unable to move for a few seconds it literally felt like 5 minutes and then I was feeling back to normal. This symptom made things much more difficult to deal with since I would get this on and off all day especialy in the beginning and a day would feel like 3 days. This is part of the reason I could not take things day by day because it was too long for me to cope with so I sometimes had to go second by second. When I was feeling intense terror I couldn't think about feeling that for a whole minute so I had to go ok I can do 3 seconds, then 3 seconds more etc and then I would eventually not feel so bad again.

I'm just curious because I have not heard about this a lot on here.

I have 3 times in my life had the experience of time not existing before I took SSRIs but the sertraline really ramped it up and made it so much more frequent, multiple times a day.

January 2018 - 50mg sertraline for only 2 days, had adverse reaction.

On 0 psych drugs now.

Took a very long time for symptoms to go away, got better mentally 100% in April 2020.

Turns out also had low vitamin d, low calcium and low thyroid in August 2020.

Treated with colecalciferol and now all physical symptoms gone. Possibly overlap between this issue & sertraline symptoms?

May 2021 Still taking colecalciferol, all physical symptoms gone. Unsure if this will return if I stop vit D for long time ?

Now consider myself fully healed.

Other medication: 5mg certirizine for allergic rhinitis once a day or when needed, cut down from 10mg just in case that was causing issue too since i've taken for over 8 years now.

FULLY RECOVERED NOW 🙂

Yes @HopefulDawn

It is v hard to deal and Cope with iam also feel like iam years off... And days seems weeks.. The something happened from months I think it eas this week.. No sense of time and I even donoy know what is the day it was yesterday or today.. Am I slept or wake up?  😣 did it go for you? 

15 June ,buspar 5mg 9pm

16 June, cipralex 10mg , buspar 5mg

17 June, cipralex 10mg, buspar 5mg

18 June, cipralex 10mg, buspar 5mg

19 June zero dose

Oh I also remember sometimes I wasn't 100% certain if I was awake or asleep but I also didn't sleep a lot because I developed an irrational fear of the dark and I was afraid I would not wake up again if I went to bed but rather than just die that I would still exist but wouldn't be able to get out of the terror feelings and other stuff etc

It helped though to remind myself that every night before I had gone to sleep and nothing had happened, even though I knew it was irrational I was still afraid but I kinda had to think it through logically

It did go away, it went away slowly. I cannot remember when exactly but it did come back breifly when I was better enough to go to an event with a friend and i think I did too much or was overstimulated and it came back for a short time along with other issues that came back for some hours and I had to book an extra day to stay in the hotel because I wasn't able to travel to go home at the original time.

January 2018 - 50mg sertraline for only 2 days, had adverse reaction.

On 0 psych drugs now.

Took a very long time for symptoms to go away, got better mentally 100% in April 2020.

Turns out also had low vitamin d, low calcium and low thyroid in August 2020.

Treated with colecalciferol and now all physical symptoms gone. Possibly overlap between this issue & sertraline symptoms?

May 2021 Still taking colecalciferol, all physical symptoms gone. Unsure if this will return if I stop vit D for long time ?

Now consider myself fully healed.

Other medication: 5mg certirizine for allergic rhinitis once a day or when needed, cut down from 10mg just in case that was causing issue too since i've taken for over 8 years now.

FULLY RECOVERED NOW 🙂

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy