Rishabh: Initial adverse reactions from antidepressants

Rishabh

Hey all, 

I had taken zolpidem 12.5, proxi 12.5 for 7 days and trazonil for 12 days.. Since that time I m facing clearity issue in vision.. Whatever I see on mobile and television it come hasy.. And there is little bit of Blurrynes as well in mu visions.it doesn't look sharp as it used to... It's been more than 40 days that I had stopped this medicine. Please tell me how much time it will take to improve... I m going depressed each day.. Although Blurrynes and clearity problem has reduced since it's beginning.. But still it's there

Edited by ChessieCat
Move 3 posts from member intros to create new member intro
On 4/19/2022 at 11:55 PM, Reshan30 said:

Tears filled my eyes reading this as seeing this gives me continued hope! I don't know whether I'm suffering from the same thing or if this horrible drug Paroxetine has ruined my immune system. I feel like I'm having an immune response to this drug from quitting cold turkey! I've since got back on it & some of the symptoms have gone away but I my hair is not growing, and my scars aren't healing like they have in the best despite using creams, etc. When I got back on the drug I noticed visual changes and still notice them like I can see but vision is a little off I can't explain it. Thanks for sharing your recovery. This gives me hope. :) 

Hey i had also paroxetine for 7 days and 12 days trazonil for 12 days since then I m facing clearity issue in my vision.. Whatever I see on my mobile it seems blurry.. And not clear did u also feel the same?? Plz reply I m becoming depressed due to this. 

On 1/26/2019 at 4:54 AM, TweetyRose said:

Hi Carmie. I am okay. Not fully healed, just OK. 

How are you doing these days?

Hey how r you now...???? I hope you have recovered till now... Plz tell me I had only taken antidepressants for 12 days only there after I have started having vision problems.. I hope you have recovered till now.. 

Initial adverse reactions from antidepressants

Hey everyone, 

I had take antidepressants proxi cr 12.5 for 7 days and Trazodon 50 mg for 12 days... Since I have started taking those I m suffering from blurry and unclear vision... Eye strain.. Droppets of rain like floaters.. I m very worried due to this.. 

Edited by ChessieCat
Member created Intro so I moved the other posts that I created a topic from to the member's new topic
  • ChessieCat changed the title to Rishabh: Initial adverse reactions from antidepressants
  • Administrator

Welcome, @Rishabh

Did the blurry vision start when you were taking "zolpidem 12.5, proxi 12.5 for 7 days and trazonil for 12 days"? What are the pharmacy names for proxi and trazonil? Did you start all 3 drugs at the same time? What was the last drug you took, what date?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hey,

I had started taking zolpidem 12.5 and paroxetine and trazodone 50 mg from 10th march.. I think after taking my second dose of these medicines.. From second day i developed vision problem.. But first I didn't understand that it is due to medication. So i went to eye doctor and they tell I had a high cylindrical number.. Then I take my glasses.. And in the mean while I keep taking on paroxetine till 17th march and trazodone last dose I take on 23rd march.Since then I m suffering from vision problems.. At the beginning it was very difficult for me to focus and everything seems blurry and colors were also looking different...

On this month 25 there it will be two months since I last take the dose.. But still vision problems is there.. Although it has reduced a lot from the beginning.. But still in mobile images looks hassy and sometimes blurry.. Sharpness is also less.. And also I very tiny droplets of rain like thing in both my eyes.. I think that is making the vision unclear and hassy.. Because wherever I see I see those tiny droplets of rain. I don't know what it is but I n very afraid.. Please if someone have thi se symptoms please reply me. 

• Administrator
21 hours ago, Rishabh said:

Although it has reduced a lot from the beginning..

We expect the aftemath of a drug adverse effect to very gradually go away over months. Since you've already seen improvement, it's likely to continue.

If I were you, I'd avoid psychiatric drugs in the future, especially more than one drug taken at the same time.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Hello @Rishabh

Welcome to SA.

I'm sorry you are experiencing adverse effects from psychiatric medication. 

Vision problems are quite common among sufferers of adverse effects and withdrawal syndrome. I used to have a lot of vision issues and they have all resolved.

It may take a while but it does get better. 

It's good that you've been to the eye doctor to rule out any possible eye diseases. When I was having vision problems I got a clean bill of health from the eye doctor and that's how I eventually figured out that the issue had to do with my brain and its neurological visual processing function. As my brain heals my symptoms slowly improve and fade away. 

SA is full of helpful information and resources. Have you had the opportunity to check out these help topics related to difficulties with vision? 

In these help topics you can read about other members' experiences and how they managed. It is one way to feel less alone and possibly pick up useful tips. 

Another great area of SA is the recovery forum, where you will find success stories posted by members who have healed from adverse effects and withdrawal syndrome. 

This is one of my favorite threads to visit when I'm feeling like I could use some encouragement and reassurance. There are many hopeful, happy tales of healing!

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/forum/28-success-stories-recovery-from-psychiatric-drug-withdrawal/

I know it can feel scary sometimes but try to remember that it is possible to heal. Keep reminding yourself that many people before you have healed and you can, too.

Take care of yourself; make use of the resources available to you through SA; practice acceptance and patience; and you will get there. 

Best of luck to you on your healing journey,

A. 

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

supplements: magnesium powder (dissolved in water) as needed throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil w/ morning meal; 2mg melatonin 

August 1, 2022 - 1 mg melatonin

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

On 5/22/2022 at 10:58 PM, Ariel said:

Hello @Rishabh

Welcome to SA.

I'm sorry you are experiencing adverse effects from psychiatric medication. 

Vision problems are quite common among sufferers of adverse effects and withdrawal syndrome. I used to have a lot of vision issues and they have all resolved.

It may take a while but it does get better. 

It's good that you've been to the eye doctor to rule out any possible eye diseases. When I was having vision problems I got a clean bill of health from the eye doctor and that's how I eventually figured out that the issue had to do with my brain and its neurological visual processing function. As my brain heals my symptoms slowly improve and fade away. 

SA is full of helpful information and resources. Have you had the opportunity to check out these help topics related to difficulties with vision? 

In these help topics you can read about other members' experiences and how they managed. It is one way to feel less alone and possibly pick up useful tips. 

Another great area of SA is the recovery forum, where you will find success stories posted by members who have healed from adverse effects and withdrawal syndrome. 

This is one of my favorite threads to visit when I'm feeling like I could use some encouragement and reassurance. There are many hopeful, happy tales of healing!

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/forum/28-success-stories-recovery-from-psychiatric-drug-withdrawal/

I know it can feel scary sometimes but try to remember that it is possible to heal. Keep reminding yourself that many people before you have healed and you can, too.

Take care of yourself; make use of the resources available to you through SA; practice acceptance and patience; and you will get there. 

Best of luck to you on your healing journey,

A. 

Thanks you so much for the reply... My vision is right now on very hassy side... Like in lots off noise present in images whatever I see especially in mobile n television.. It's look on the hazzy type with lots of noise... N also I see similar noise through both my eyes everywhere although it doesn't have any shape or any color...i m very much afraid due to this.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey i still have visual snow.. I can see the static in mobile and television.. While watching something.. Also I see everytime at indoor lighting  24/7 it's been more than 2 month's that i stopped the medication... Please help.. 

• Administrator
On 5/22/2022 at 4:31 AM, Altostrata said:

We expect the aftemath of a drug adverse effect to very gradually go away over months. Since you've already seen improvement, it's likely to continue.

Before further discussion: Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature