peaceandlove: adverse reaction after one pill

peaceandlove

Hello everyone I developed an anxiety disorder during the pandemic. I didn’t know I was having anxiety at first because I never had it before so it took forever for me to actually start treating it. My anxiety was so bad it caused silent acid reflex. Anyways with time it got better naturally & then I started meditating everyday for about 3 weeks & it really got better the acid reflex was improving too. I got impatient because I wanted my life back already so I thought that taking 10mg celxa pill for a few months to finally get rid of the acid reflex would be ok. I took the pill at night time & felt calm when I woke up, I also noticed my reflex was like 95% gone which just proves it was from anxiety. Anyways later on that day I all of a sudden out of no where I got a headache, rapid heartbeat & shaky hands then I got a “s” thought ( I don’t wanna say the word) which I never had before it was like a voice in my head. I immediately threw all the medication down the drain & didn’t take another one. So I only took ONE pill. After a about a week my acid reflex came back. Since then I’ve had intrusive thoughts, ocd thoughts, brain zaps, memories of bad things that have happened, thoughts focused around violence, fear for no reason, mood swings sad for no reason,  crying for no reason, extreme anxiety, frequent urinating, increase of my acid reflex, unable to sit still for long etc. This is obviously all from the pill. this is ridiculous & super scary that just one pill can cause all of this. I don’t know what to do besides wait. I do yoga every morning & breathing exercises & sometimes ride my bike. I had to quit my job. I’m only in my 20’s. Any advice or similar story is welcomed. I took the pill on April 25th so it’s been about a month now

April 2022- Only 1 celxa pill 10mg

had an adverse reaction & never took anymore again 

• ChessieCat changed the title to peaceandlove: Adverse reaction after one pill
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello, and welcome to SA.  We are a volunteer-run community of people who have been or are getting off of psychiatric drugs.  I'm so sorry to hear that you are having all this trouble from just 1 pill of citalopram.  You had an adverse reaction. This medication does not agree with your system.  I'm glad you stopped taking it right away, and got rid of it.  

Are you or have you been on any other drugs?  If so, please tell us about it.  It would be especially helpful to have the details of your drugs in a concise vertical list (no symptoms), only drug names, specific dates (as best you can say for example early March if you don't recall the day) and dosages of each medication decrease or increase.  Use this format:

Drug name: date, dose, date, dose, date, dose…

Drug name: date, dose, date, dose, date, dose…

Etcetera

Please read the link below for instructions.  This will allow us to give you the best guidance.  

How to List Drug History in Signature

Even though you are not going through withdrawal, recovery from an adverse reaction has a lot of similarities to recovering from withdrawal.  So I will share some information that may help.  

Video on Recovery from Psych Drugs

Here is a link with checklists of common WD or adverse reaction symptoms: 

Dr Joseph Glenmullen Withdrawal Symptom Checklists

Here are some techniques to cope with symptoms: 

Non Drug Ways to Cope with Withdrawal Symptoms

Stability is really important when we are recovering.  Please read the link about stability:

Keep It Simple, Slow, and Stable

We don't suggest many supplements, but 2 that many of us find helpful are magnesium and omega-3 fish oil. Here are the links for info about those. It is suggested to add one at a time, and start with a low dose to see how it affects you. 

Magnesium

Omega 3 Fish Oil

This link will go into recovery from ADR (adverse reaction).  

Adverse Reaction

Take comfort in knowing that you will recover from this, but it may take time.  Patience and time are the keys to healing from this.  Please let us know how you are doing. 

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

Thank you for the tips & the welcoming. & No I never took any drugs before this. This was my first experience with a SSRI

Had anyone been able to get disability from this ??

@peaceandlove

Welcome to SA. 

I'm sorry you've had an immediate adverse reaction to citalopram. 

It's great that you've found SA. It's a very supportive community and a portal to many invaluable resources. There's so much great information in the help topics, and people are very kind.

56 minutes ago, peaceandlove said:

Had anyone been able to get disability from this ??

Your question about disability is a good one. It's an important issue. 

You might look through these threads and see what you find. Maybe some of it will be helpful/inspiring.

You can post questions in the topics and message members to ask follow-up questions. 

Keep us posted on what you discover!

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

supplements: magnesium powder (dissolved in water) as needed throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil w/ morning meal; 2mg melatonin 

August 1, 2022 - 1 mg melatonin

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

3 hours ago, peaceandlove said:

Would you suggest cold showers to help with recovery? I saw you talking about it

Or would it be too much for nervous system 

@peaceandlove

I have found cold water plunges/showers beneficial, as well as cold temperatures in general. 

Everyone is different. I'm not in your body -- you are.

Part of this process is getting to know what works for you, developing your personal toolkit. 

The skills you learn to help you through WD will stay with you for the rest of your life. 

If there's a non-drug technique you're curious about, experiment with it and see what happens. 

Try a little at a time, ease into things. If it seems helpful, keep going; if not, stop. 

Be gentle and listen to your body along the way.

On 5/31/2022 at 12:54 AM, getofflex said:

Here are some techniques to cope with symptoms: 

Non Drug Ways to Cope with Withdrawal Symptoms

There's lots of great stuff in the help topic getofflex has already linked to, incl. Ways to cope with daily anxiety

What sort of support system do you have? 

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

supplements: magnesium powder (dissolved in water) as needed throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil w/ morning meal; 2mg melatonin 

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

21 hours ago, Ariel said:

@peaceandlove

I have found cold water plunges/showers beneficial, as well as cold temperatures in general. 

Everyone is different. I'm not in your body -- you are.

Part of this process is getting to know what works for you, developing your personal toolkit. 

The skills you learn to help you through WD will stay with you for the rest of your life. 

If there's a non-drug technique you're curious about, experiment with it and see what happens. 

Try a little at a time, ease into things. If it seems helpful, keep going; if not, stop. 

Be gentle and listen to your body along the way.

There's lots of great stuff in the help topic getofflex has already linked to, incl. Ways to cope with daily anxiety

What sort of support system do you have? 

I’m at home with my family they are my support system 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi P&L and welcome from me too.

Please create your drug signature following these instructions.  This is different from the drug information that you provided when you joined SA; this is only visible to staff.  The drug signature will allow people to see your drug history whenever you post.

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Mentor

hi @peaceandlove

got your message, thought I'd reply here.

regarding seeing a therapist, that is entirely up to you.

Were you seeing any one to deal with the anxiety?

if so, did you find that helpful?

who was it that gave you the SSRI and what was their reasoning behind it?

was it something you specifically requested?

For me personally, seeing a therapist during withdrawal and recovery was not helpful. In fact, for ME personally it may never be helpful, since my view on organized medicine and the 'psychiatry' in general is now extremely negative. I have been harmed too much, I think.

Everyone is different.

Ideally, for anyone with a new emotional issue such as anxiety or depression, you would be able to see a caring empathetic person who could listen well, coach you on things to do to help yourself and maybe teach you techniques like deep breathing, meditation , CBT etc 

what has been your experience to date with therapy, if you've had any at all?

did you have any previously for the issue you mentioned in your message? if so, was it helpful?

I am so very sorry that you are going thru this. It upsets me when I hear that a younger person has been given  one of these drugs, they are well known for causing suicidal thoughts in people 25 and under, and ANY one of ANY age can have an adverse reaction that may cause a wide range of awful symptoms

did you tell the person who prescribed this for you, what has happened?

It might be helpful for them to be made aware, so that perhaps they are more careful in the future in doling out prescriptions for these drugs.

but don't do that if it would just trigger you.

I hope this helps.

Please know that pretty much everyone does recover in time from these adverse reactions and from withdrawal in general. Sometimes there is an intense but short period of symptoms, other times things go on longer than anyone would like.

Impossible to know how long this will take for you but please be looking for signs of improvement, they are almost surely happening even if you don't recognize them at first

see if you can keep a diary of what things have gotten better, even if just a tiny bit

our evolution makes us much more aware of negative things than of positive ones, and this alone can cause us much anxiety and discomfort.
learning to LOOK FOR the positive, the good or even the neutral, which is by definition NOT bad, can help us to feel better, less anxious and ultimately more content and even joyful

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGES, thank you. 

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • PRESENT DAYS:  Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 
On 6/5/2022 at 5:11 AM, Happy2Heal said:

hi @peaceandlove

got your message, thought I'd reply here.

regarding seeing a therapist, that is entirely up to you.

Were you seeing any one to deal with the anxiety?

if so, did you find that helpful?

who was it that gave you the SSRI and what was their reasoning behind it?

was it something you specifically requested?

For me personally, seeing a therapist during withdrawal and recovery was not helpful. In fact, for ME personally it may never be helpful, since my view on organized medicine and the 'psychiatry' in general is now extremely negative. I have been harmed too much, I think.

Everyone is different.

Ideally, for anyone with a new emotional issue such as anxiety or depression, you would be able to see a caring empathetic person who could listen well, coach you on things to do to help yourself and maybe teach you techniques like deep breathing, meditation , CBT etc 

what has been your experience to date with therapy, if you've had any at all?

did you have any previously for the issue you mentioned in your message? if so, was it helpful?

I am so very sorry that you are going thru this. It upsets me when I hear that a younger person has been given  one of these drugs, they are well known for causing suicidal thoughts in people 25 and under, and ANY one of ANY age can have an adverse reaction that may cause a wide range of awful symptoms

did you tell the person who prescribed this for you, what has happened?

It might be helpful for them to be made aware, so that perhaps they are more careful in the future in doling out prescriptions for these drugs.

but don't do that if it would just trigger you.

I hope this helps.

Please know that pretty much everyone does recover in time from these adverse reactions and from withdrawal in general. Sometimes there is an intense but short period of symptoms, other times things go on longer than anyone would like.

Impossible to know how long this will take for you but please be looking for signs of improvement, they are almost surely happening even if you don't recognize them at first

see if you can keep a diary of what things have gotten better, even if just a tiny bit

our evolution makes us much more aware of negative things than of positive ones, and this alone can cause us much anxiety and discomfort.
learning to LOOK FOR the positive, the good or even the neutral, which is by definition NOT bad, can help us to feel better, less anxious and ultimately more content and even joyful

Yes I keep note of my symptoms everyday & watch how they change. I did have a therapist but the sessions just ended. I do breathing exercises everyday to help that’s really all I can do lol because these thoughts are not mine so i just have to wait till they go away I guess. Thank you so much for the encouragement & advice. How can you do CBT on yourself though? I was never taught that

Do you think people that rest & take it slow at home recover faster than people that go to to work ?

@peaceandlove

I don't think it's possible to make generalizations about this. There's no way to know. 

Depends on the person, depends on the job, etc. etc. 

The best thing to do is listen to your body and pay attention to your own needs and stress levels.

What is helpful for someone else may or may not work for you. It's very individual with countless variables.

Keep experimenting with what feels right to you, go gently, and make adjustments as needed along the way. 

Update: The intrusive thoughts / OCD / memories seem to be getting better, less intense & last shorter times. I have more days where I feel more “myself” mentally. I always know I’m about to get a mental symptom of intrusive thoughts because my head starts that burning sensation then all of a sudden within like 10 mins the intrusive thoughts come back out of no where… it’s very weird lol. But I’m glad it gives me a warning. I am sleeping well 8-10 hours every night. I try to walk everyday & go out in the sun atleast 10 minutes to get natural vitamin D & serotonin

also last week physical symptoms was nausea & no appetite & very tired for no reason... that went away. Now I’m having acid reflex which sucks so much because it has nothing to do with diet, I can drink water & still have symptoms, it is literally just the nervous system not working correctly as it is in charge of digestion. As well as lose stools every morning lol how awesome. I’m going to have to sleep sitting down. I am also sensitive to light as well. & sore muscles 24/7

@peaceandlove

Thanks for sharing this update, very encouraging! 

I'm feeling happy for you about these improvements, and hopeful on your behalf. 

Sounds like you're doing an excellent job staying the course. Keep up the good work!

Healing is happening <3

A. 

Sounds like you are recovering pretty well actually. Good thing you stopped at one pill. I have no doubt that your adverse reaction messed with your brain chemistry a bit. Your recovery sounds like it will be pretty speedy.

You still have the matter of addressing the symptoms that led you to trying Celexa in the first place. Often after experiencing a bad panic attack or bad medication reaction we can get trapped in a self-feeding anxiety loop. I am glad a lot of the symptoms have subsided and that you are sleeping OK.

There are lots of good tools to dealing with intrusive thoughts when they arrive. One method I found that helped was mantra repetition whenever they arrive. Think of something positive in your life (name of pet, loved one, fav celeb) and picture them and their name whenever an intrusive thoughts takes over.

Just continue with your walks, eat well, and know that you can overcome the your pre-med issues with practice and post-med issues with time.  

Take care.

2008: March, Klonopin .5 mg to 1 mg

2009: Dec, CT Klonopin

2010: full year heavy alcohol use

2011: Jan - withdrawals start

2012: Apr- bad wave, start zoloft 50

2014 to 2020: Switch ADs

Sertraline 100mgs >Lexapro 20 mgs>Prozac 20 mgs >Lexapro 20

2021: Sertraline 25 mgs

2022: Mar. Cut dose down to 12.5

End of May, starting to crash physically/mentally.

20 minutes ago, Ariel said:

@peaceandlove

Thanks for sharing this update, very encouraging! 

I'm feeling happy for you about these improvements, and hopeful on your behalf. 

Sounds like you're doing an excellent job staying the course. Keep up the good work!

Healing is happening ❤️

A. 

thank you so much

25 minutes ago, Kaervin said:

Sounds like you are recovering pretty well actually. Good thing you stopped at one pill. I have no doubt that your adverse reaction messed with your brain chemistry a bit. Your recovery sounds like it will be pretty speedy.

You still have the matter of addressing the symptoms that led you to trying Celexa in the first place. Often after experiencing a bad panic attack or bad medication reaction we can get trapped in a self-feeding anxiety loop. I am glad a lot of the symptoms have subsided and that you are sleeping OK.

There are lots of good tools to dealing with intrusive thoughts when they arrive. One method I found that helped was mantra repetition whenever they arrive. Think of something positive in your life (name of pet, loved one, fav celeb) and picture them and their name whenever an intrusive thoughts takes over.

Just continue with your walks, eat well, and know that you can overcome the your pre-med issues with practice and post-med issues with time.  

Take care.

Yes I am so glad I only took one pill too. It definitely changed my chemistry these thoughts were never a thing for me ever in life. Yes my therapist said to say things like “I love myself” etc when those thoughts come. I find that also comforting myself talking myself out it just telling my self to relax/ distractions help too. Thank you so much

Oh & also my hair is falling out :(

it’s definitely from the pill

8 minutes ago, peaceandlove said:

Oh & also my hair is falling out :(

it’s definitely from the pill

I had this, too @peaceandlove

It's better now. 

16 minutes ago, Ariel said:

I had this, too @peaceandlove

It's better now. 

Thank goodness!! 

When it was bad I got a buzz cut which felt empowering (had had long hair for years). And it was very practical as I had been going bonkers seeing all my long hair fallen out on the floor. The very short haircut remedied that. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Glad to hear you’re seeing some improvements since your adverse reaction peaceandlove, 

It’s amazing how much havoc these meds can cause. Wishing you a speedy recovery🧡

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

@peaceandlove

Thinking of you <3

On 6/20/2022 at 1:43 PM, Carmie said:

Glad to hear you’re seeing some improvements since your adverse reaction peaceandlove, 

It’s amazing how much havoc these meds can cause. Wishing you a speedy recovery🧡

thank you 💕

18 minutes ago, Ariel said:

@peaceandlove

How are you going? ❤️

Hello! Well I keep track of how I’m feeling & the last time I really felt like trash was June 12th which was a wave then I felt pretty ok mentally for about 10 days & more like myself but still had physical symptoms (random bloated stomach, aches & pains all over body) then yesterday I got a wave of kind of feeling dizzy, random adrenaline rush & a panic attack for no reason & slight intrusive thoughts, slow in the head like hard to get words out when talking to people. So I would say yesterday was another wave. So June 12th wave, June 22nd wave. The days in between physical symptoms are always present & they change. But the mental symptoms anxiety for no reason, intrusive thoughts, we’re very slight & not very present 

today so far I feel very achy body & slight blurry vision & just tired overall. I think I clench my teeth at night so I also just bought a mouth guard 

like the mental symptoms have got less intense but physical symptoms are always present 

Hi @peaceandlove

This is sounding pretty good, overall. Quite encouraging, from my perspective, though I realize it may feel challenging all the same. 

I'm sorry about the waves, those are never easy. 

Reading how many non-wave days you've had, it sounds like your brain and body are working really well and hard on your behalf. 

Hang in there, healing is happening <3

A. 

5 minutes ago, Ariel said:

Hi @peaceandlove

This is sounding pretty good, overall. Quite encouraging, from my perspective, though I realize it may feel challenging all the same. 

I'm sorry about the waves, those are never easy. 

Reading how many non-wave days you've had, it sounds like your brain and body are working really well and hard on your behalf. 

Hang in there, healing is happening ❤️

A. 

thank you. It is very hard but the days I feel better is what keeps me going. Just a few days ago I kinda forgot this even happened to me & didn’t get on here much since I felt way better lol. 

24 minutes ago, peaceandlove said:

It is very hard but the days I feel better is what keeps me going.

This is what we all must learn to do, good on you. 

25 minutes ago, peaceandlove said:

Just a few days ago I kinda forgot this even happened to me & didn’t get on here much since I felt way better lol.

An excellent sign, peaceandlove. And great job keeping track of improvements. 

Hang in there and live your life as best you can. Healing is happening. 

You'll be writing your success story soon enough!

Currently in a wave. A few days ago it was anxiety now it’s a very low mood, depressed feeling for no reason. Everyday simple tasks are now extremely hard to do like brushing my teeth, shower, making food, eating. It’s hard to want to eat. I have no energy or motivation for anything. Its hard to talk to people. My hair is continuing to fall out. I’m extremely tired 24/7 I could sleep 12 hours & still feel tired. My eyes are red & puffy with bags underneath them, why?? My eyes look old or something & yes I’ve been sleeping 

@peaceandlove

Sorry you are in a wave.

Sending you a hug <3

This indigestion is very annoying & probably one of the worst physical symptoms. Sometimes it’s in my throat, my nose, my stomach or the worst in my chest making it hard to breath. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi peaceandlove, 

I’m sorry you’re struggling so much with all your symptoms. I don’t have indigestion personally from withdrawals, but I am on an anti inflammatory autoimmune diet. Have you tried anything dietary to try and help with symptoms? If you have, did it make any difference?

Sending hugs your way🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

6 minutes ago, Carmie said:

Hi peaceandlove, 

I’m sorry you’re struggling so much with all your symptoms. I don’t have indigestion personally from withdrawals, but I am on an anti inflammatory autoimmune diet. Have you tried anything dietary to try and help with symptoms? If you have, did it make any difference?

Sending hugs your way🤗

Yeah I could literally eat a plain bagel with some water & still get reflux from it if it’s acting up that day lol it’s very random. Thank you though for the suggestion 😄 

• Moderator Emeritus
24 minutes ago, peaceandlove said:

Yeah I could literally eat a plain bagel with some water & still get reflux from it if it’s acting up that day lol it’s very random. Thank you though for the suggestion 😄 

That’s not good peaceandlove, 

It must be hard because every time you think about eating anything you’ll be worried about the indigestion. Gluten can actually cause heartburn too with some people and bagels are full of gluten. It may not be the case with you though, I guess it’s trial and error trying to figure out which things you may be able to eat. I don’t actually eat any grains at all, or dairy or sugar etc etc. 

Can you maybe afford to see an integrative doctor? They’re not cheap, but I’ve started seeing one recently and she’s very thorough with everything. The first couple of visits are the most expensive because they get your whole history from child birth on. I had to fill out a long questionnaire too before I saw her. I’m very happy with her and I’ve found it’s really worthwhile saving those pennies. She’s good too as she understands how supplements can affect my withdrawals and she’s starting me on small doses of things. I almost fainted too after I told her what hell the psychiatrists have put me through, and she apologised for that!! 😁

Integrative Drs do a million tests too though, and they can get pricey, but a lot of the tests are also covered by Medicare here in Australia. The last test I just did was a microbiome test, but that cost about $150 Australian. I haven’t got the result from that as yet, but when I do I’ll know which supplements my digestive tract needs. You only do the tests you want to do. 

I’m just doing a test here and there that costs money as I can afford it. I have a few chronic illnesses unrelated to withdrawals and I thought it’s about time for me to get a total overall by someone other than my local GP, who hasn’t been much help at all, except for general things. It’s good to know what supplements you actually need and what you have too much of in your body. I was taking way too much vitamin D. Oops!😜 I’ve decided to no longer guess what my body needs, but instead to find out exactly what it needs. 

Again, I’m very sorry about you suffering  because of an adverse reaction. You said that you got anxiety when the pandemic started, are you still feeling anxiety from that? I hope you manage to cope okay today🧡

1 hour ago, Carmie said:

That’s not good peaceandlove, 

It must be hard because every time you think about eating anything you’ll be worried about the indigestion. Gluten can actually cause heartburn too with some people and bagels are full of gluten. It may not be the case with you though, I guess it’s trial and error trying to figure out which things you may be able to eat. I don’t actually eat any grains at all, or dairy or sugar etc etc. 

Can you maybe afford to see an integrative doctor? They’re not cheap, but I’ve started seeing one recently and she’s very thorough with everything. The first couple of visits are the most expensive because they get your whole history from child birth on. I had to fill out a long questionnaire too before I saw her. I’m very happy with her and I’ve found it’s really worthwhile saving those pennies. She’s good too as she understands how supplements can affect my withdrawals and she’s starting me on small doses of things. I almost fainted too after I told her what hell the psychiatrists have put me through, and she apologised for that!! 😁

Integrative Drs do a million tests too though, and they can get pricey, but a lot of the tests are also covered by Medicare here in Australia. The last test I just did was a microbiome test, but that cost about $150 Australian. I haven’t got the result from that as yet, but when I do I’ll know which supplements my digestive tract needs. You only do the tests you want to do. 

I’m just doing a test here and there that costs money as I can afford it. I have a few chronic illnesses unrelated to withdrawals and I thought it’s about time for me to get a total overall by someone other than my local GP, who hasn’t been much help at all, except for general things. It’s good to know what supplements you actually need and what you have too much of in your body. I was taking way too much vitamin D. Oops!😜 I’ve decided to no longer guess what my body needs, but instead to find out exactly what it needs. 

Again, I’m very sorry about you suffering  because of an adverse reaction. You said that you got anxiety when the pandemic started, are you still feeling anxiety from that? I hope you manage to cope okay today🧡

I’m so glad your getting help from those doctors. I Hope they help heal you! 😃

Unfortunately I tried everything diet, ppis none of that work. I went to GI doctor, everything normal. I actually did see one of those of those doctors last year before I took the pill & they did run a bunch of tests on me that regular doctors don’t do & it was super expensive. Everything was normal besides my corstiol levels were super high (from anxiety). That’s why I finally gave in & took the anxiety pill because other acid reflexers told me it cured theirs & it did actually cure my reflex but came back in about a week as the pill wore off lol. So Until my body somewhat heals from this reaction & then get backs into parasympathetic mode (rest & digest) the reflex won’t go away basically. The gut is connected to the brain so any high anxiety, stress, depression your probably gonna have issues with your stomach. 

no I don’t have any anxiety from the pandemic anymore I got over that a long time ago 🙂

Thank you for trying to help me. I know why the reflex happens, I was just venting seeing if anyone had reflex like me lol 

• Moderator Emeritus
40 minutes ago, peaceandlove said:

I’m so glad your getting help from those doctors. I Hope they help heal you! 😃

Unfortunately I tried everything diet, ppis none of that work. I went to GI doctor, everything normal. I actually did see one of those of those doctors last year before I took the pill & they did run a bunch of tests on me that regular doctors don’t do & it was super expensive. Everything was normal besides my corstiol levels were super high (from anxiety). That’s why I finally gave in & took the anxiety pill because other acid reflexers told me it cured theirs & it did actually cure my reflex but came back in about a week as the pill wore off lol. So Until my body somewhat heals from this reaction & then get backs into parasympathetic mode (rest & digest) the reflex won’t go away basically. The gut is connected to the brain so any high anxiety, stress, depression your probably gonna have issues with your stomach. 

no I don’t have any anxiety from the pandemic anymore I got over that a long time ago 🙂

Thank you for trying to help me. I know why the reflex happens, I was just venting seeing if anyone had reflex like me lol 

Yes, our good ol’ nervous systems cause a lot of havoc, 

These meds certainly affect our whole bodies, everything is connected to our CNS. We seem to be in constant fight or flight mode. I hope the adverse reaction from the medication slowly settles so that your digestive problems settle too. 

I can’t actually cure my autoimmune condition, even with the help of an integrative Dr, as there’s no cure, but I can try to get it into remission again. I had a flare up about nine months ago and it’s not settling. My immune system only attacks my lungs and I’ve been struggling to breathe ever since this flare. The vax triggered it, though all sorts of things can trigger it. I can’t get boosters now. I’ve also had chronic fatigue syndrome for nearly thirty years too, that’s certainly a CNS issue as well, so while I’m on these meds there’s no hope of getting over this because of how these meds have me on hyper alertness all the time. 

Again, I wish you all the best in your recovery from your adverse reaction. It’s amazing how one pill can cause so much havoc. 

Take care🧡