SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Guest: withdrawal from different medication

hello everyone, in 2018 I had some problems professionally and privately, in order to be able to deal with them better, I started smoking weed.  after a while it made me psychotic.  so i stopped immediately.  Then the depression started and I went to the doctor, he prescribed me citalopram, I took it for a few months but it made me very tired, I could hardly concentrate at work, they switched to escitalopram but confession is definitely getting better.  I was very unstable on both Emotion medications.  My doctor then tried Effexor 35.5 mg or 75 mg I can't remember exactly.  I took this drug for about 7-8 months and was in a relationship, my partner quickly realized what was wrong with me, I was very psychotic, but thought this condition was normal.  because I was depressed before.  I stopped taking the medication overnight because my boyfriend left me and I realized something was wrong with me.  I had strength withdrawal symptoms and then I went to my doctor.  she put me on oprpramol to sleep, it got worse and i got aggressive on the drug.  I then came to a clinic in August 2020, the doctor diagnosed paychosis and treated me acutely with 4 mg Risperdal , which was gradually tapered to 1 mg in 6 weeks.  then I got Effexor again.  I started to work in September.  but realized that nothing was working anymore, in February 2021 I became unemployed and developed suicidal thoughts and derealized.  then I went to a clinic.they quit my medication (Risperdal 1mg and Effexor 35.5mg CT) was discontinued after a week I got paranoia and the worse crept in Abilify.  I felt horrible it was gradually increased to 20 mg.  after 6 weeks I couldn't stand it anymore and just wanted to go home.  There I could not sleep under Abilify for 48 hours, my suicidal thoughts got worse and worse.  I didn't know what to do and stopped it because I didn't know that you can't stop it overnight.  Months later I was hospitalized again because I was suicidal.  I got all sorts of medication there.  in the end it was Zoloft and quentiapine.  my suicidal thoughts were getting worse, but i trusted the doctors and waited.  After 2 months in the clinic, I was so traumatized and apathetic that I couldn't say a word because my condition was just terrible.  i asked the doctors to taper off the sertraline because i was nauseous every day and i have severe dizziness, i woke up every morning with a panic attack.  the sertraline was then tapered from 150mg to 0 in 3 weeks.  I continued to take quentiapin.  but since it was making my condition worse and worse, I stopped taking it CT in March.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Quittingquentiapin: Withdrawal from different medication
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Guest.

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants.

You might want to try a reinstatement of an earlier drug, but it looks like you were swapped off and on a lot of drugs that weren't helping. Do you feel like any of the drugs helped with sleep and would warrant trying a reinstatement? 

Otherwise, you may may want to add in a bit of fish oil and magnesium, one at a time, to see if that helps calm your nervous system.  We don't recommend a lot of supplements, as many members report their nervous systems are simply too fragile to handle them. However, magnesium and fish oil tend to be calming to the nervous system and many people report they do help. Please only add in one supplement at a time and at a small dose to see if your nervous system can tolerate it. For more, please see:

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

What symptoms are you currently having? 

Hi Shep,

thank you for your replay. At the moment I don’t want to take any of this medication. Because I feel how they change me and I can’t wait until this state pass. I tried  some days to take Effexor but I feels so bad on it that I was happy when the effect leave. 

sometimes I think I have Schizophrenie because of the symptoms that I have. I don’t have the positiv symptoms is more that I have the negative ones. 

I am really confused everyday, i don’t know what to think or to feel. Is like I have 100 different personality’s. My mind change every houre on some subjects. I don’t have energy at Al. Ich want to stay home and want to get out at the same time. I have no interest in nothing. 

my problem is that I tray to read others people mind, like. What are they thinking what are they feeling. I don’t know is hard to discribe.

the most horrible thing is that I have this obsessive thoughts about one topic ant they thoughts want to live, like I try to find a solution. 

im really scarred that I m really sick and that I need this medication. Before that I never had this obsessive thought. But now they don’t live. I’m awake at night till 5 and only thinking thinking. And I am always there watching my thoughts and try to figure out wich thought is right.

sometime I feel like I have nothing and that I am just lazy and then I want to go back to work. And other days I’m scerred to leave  the house. I don’t now how to discribe my feeling. I dust feel crazy and that I’m going to lose my mind. 

i never hade psychosis before and I am really scarred that it will come back. 

I am very forgetful, yesterday I was out with a friend 4 houre walking, I did not Remember  anything we talked about I only got this obsessive thoughts to figure things out. 

i m just really scerred that I will never be happy or health again. I dream Luzid and my dreams are really scarred for me. I don’t know who I am and what is Höfling on right now. 

ich take fishoil Omg3 and try to do yoga 3 times a week. I can’t watch tv or listen to Music. I hear a song or see something than I became obsessive abou the that, or the picture. I don’t know how to discribe 

i don’t want to talk to anyone, I am shutting my self out 

i just hate myself for everything and for taking this medication. I hate myself 

Ithink I have all mentall dieses you can google. Yes I read all the success story’s but I am still hoples because it gettingworse and worse. Is like because I have been trough all this medications I can read people really well und I think my thoughts ( what I think ) will happening and that is really scary for me I start crying because I am out of control and this makes me sad. 

i know the time, when I just do things just because of fun. I didn’t have to think 1000 thoughts and scenarios how things would be. I just had a positive attitude and when something went wrong or you get hurt you get this normal feelings. Like love, happiness, attraction, life vorlas. Communication

now everything is lost. I lose the sense of everything. My thoughts go trough all scenarios and then I lost the interest there are no surprises anymore. 

and I get obsessed with everything I see and I believe everything I read. Like I have no filter 

Edited by ChessieCat
Resized font
  • Moderator Emeritus
On 6/3/2022 at 9:27 AM, Quittingquentiapin said:

ich take fishoil Omg3 and try to do yoga 3 times a week. I can’t watch tv or listen to Music. I hear a song or see something than I became obsessive abou the that, or the picture. I don’t know how to discribe 

Fish oil and yoga are excellent ways to cope. Are you able to listen to very gentle guided meditations? When my brain was going into thought loops and spirals, I listened to a lot of Mooji, Alan Watts, Tara Brach, and Jon Kabat-Zinn. My thoughts would loop on those, but it was very calming. 

Are you able to tolerate magnesium? Magnesium can be calming to the nervous system. 

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

You may find these threads helpful:

Withdrawal causing intrusive or repetitive thoughts, rumination, and increased panic?

"Change the channel" -- dealing with cognitive symptoms

Dealing With Emotional Spirals

The Dr. Claire Weekes method of recovering from a sensitized nervous system

Relaxation exercises, guided meditations, calming videos, sleep hypnosis

These and more can be found here:

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Hi Shep,

thank you. I can’t meditate. Because it does not help me. It makes it worse! 

i develop OCD I find out. And hope this will go away.

my thoughts are just weird. I think that I can think what other people think of me? Is this OCD to?

• Moderator Emeritus
On 6/5/2022 at 9:22 AM, Quittingquentiapin said:

my thoughts are just weird. I think that I can think what other people think of me? Is this OCD to?

Why should you care what other people think of you? You connected your symptoms with the drugs you're taking, which is more than what tens of millions of other people on this planet who are drugged have done. So you're ahead of the game and will come out of this much better than people who stay on these drugs. 

You're doing fine, Guest. See the link I posted in my previous post about "changing the channel." That's a good one. 

• Moderator Emeritus
13 minutes ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

I don’t know. I think that I want to have control over things, because my life is now under no control

Please see this thread. It's an important concept. 

Acceptance and Hope

There are some things we can control and some things we can't. One thing we can control is how we react to what is happening to us due to withdrawal. Accepting that we're going to feel ill for quite a while and giving ourselves the space to grieve our losses are important. It's not a sign of weakness. Being open to this experience with curiosity can help. By accepting our circumstances and being curious about this experience actually can make us feel more in control because it keeps learned helplessness away. Anything you can do to keep learned helplessness away is important because it shows that you do have some control and aren't being completely destroyed by withdrawal. It doesn't have to be anything major. Even the small victories, such as getting up, eating breakfast, and brushing your teeth shows that you do have control. 

Also, looking at the big picture can be helpful. Right now, you're sick and are limited in what you can do. But that's not your future. This is a great post written on another forum, Benzo Buddies, about benzo withdrawal, but it could easily apply to any psychiatric drug withdrawal:

Benzo Lies That Have Been Busted

I always have the same thoughts over and over again. I can only think about one subject and it’s doesn’t leave my mind. Is so exhausting. How long will this last. I am so hopeless 😞 

Hi Guest

Welcome to SA. 

Repetitive thoughts are a common WD symptom. I used to experience that pretty severely and it's getting better. 

Have you had a chance to review the links that Shep sent you? There are a lot of very helpful topics listed in the posts above. 

There's a lot of information on SA. Sometimes I read and re-read the same help topics many times to help absorb the message.

Here's one more:

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

supplements: magnesium powder (dissolved in water) as needed throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil w/ morning meal; 2mg melatonin 

August 1, 2022 - 1 mg melatonin

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

Hi Ariel,

thank you. I forgot everything that I read, and search erveryday for the same thin. Everything is repeating for me. People talk to me a lot but I didn’t remember. Same circle everyday. I just want that this end

On 6/7/2022 at 10:01 AM, Quittingquentiapin said:

forgot everything that I read, and search erveryday for the same thin. Everything is repeating for me. People talk to me a lot but I didn’t remember. Same circle everyday.

Try to distract yourself if you can. 

Are you able to do anything physical? Gentle exercise like yoga or walking or tai-chi? It's good to get into your body if you can. Even if it's just something like lying on your back on a mat, putting your legs up in the air and making slow circles with your ankles. Practice putting your attention on the sensations in your body. Gentle movement and attention.

Are there things that you need to remember, for practical reasons? You might carry a small notebook with you and a pen and take notes of the things that are important to remember. 

Another tip that has helped me: no multitasking! I find multitasking to be extremely stressful for my brain in WD. No listening to music/radio/podcasts while doing other things. No eating while watching TV. Whatever it is you're doing, do one thing at a time. Practice being fully present with whatever it is you're doing. 

On 6/7/2022 at 11:07 AM, Quittingquentiapin said:

How long did they lastet to you?

I still experience WD-related thinking patterns sometimes, but it's gotten much, much better. 

Also, I've had more time to learn Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms and develop various ways to manage, including practicing Acceptance and Hope.

Those are both links Shep has sent you, by the way. Have you had a chance to read through those topics? They contain lots of great information that will help you. 

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

supplements: magnesium powder (dissolved in water) as needed throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil w/ morning meal; 2mg melatonin 

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

Hello Ariel,

thank you for your replay. 

yes i do 3 times a week Yoga. It helps me really to stay a little bit fit, and I also walk 2-3 hours per day. 

my exboyfrind left me, and the thoughts Al all about him. Is like I can’t let him go. Is difficult for me to go trough withdrawal and a heartbreak at the same time. 

But the syntoms change every houre sometimes I’m sad and hurt and cry at the other are my OCD and than my aggressive thoughts. I am really angry at the moment.

and I didn see things as they are I don’t know how to discribe. 

I don’t know who I am at the moment.

7 minutes ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

yes i do 3 times a week Yoga. It helps me really to stay a little bit fit, and I also walk 2-3 hours per day. 

This is great! Exercise will help you in recovery.

Pay attention to your exertion and fatigue levels. If at some point you notice that you start to feel tired or like your symptoms are getting activated, you may want to adjust to doing a little less sometimes. 

9 minutes ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

my exboyfrind left me, and the thoughts Al all about him. Is like I can’t let him go. Is difficult for me to go trough withdrawal and a heartbreak at the same time. 

I'm sorry, Qq. Break-ups are hard even in the best of times. This symptom of obsessive thinking will get better. Our WD brains just fixate on painful memories and events. It can hurt a lot, but try to remember that it's also a trick of the mind. It's part of your brain trying to heal and reestablish connections. You can read more about that in What's happening in your brain?

You will feel better with time. 

13 minutes ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

But the syntoms change every houre sometimes I’m sad and hurt and cry at the other are my OCD and than my aggressive thoughts. I am really angry at the moment.

and I didn see things as they are I don’t know how to discribe. 

I don’t know who I am at the moment.

These are all a normal part of WD. I know it can be so uncomfortable and so very unpleasant to experience these symptoms, especially when they're changing so quickly and they come and go with overwhelming intensity. Try to keep telling yourself, This is just WD, this is my brain on WD. And remember that this is temporary and it will pass. It gets better! 

If you read that essay I linked to above, it'll help you understand a bit more about what's going on behind-the-scenes in your brain, and why you're getting the symptoms you're getting. 

The main thing is that your brain is working really hard to heal, and it's doing its job to regenerate and also protect you the way it knows how, and we experience that as weird symptoms.

Really these are signs of healing, even if it doesn't feel good in the moment. 

You are being very brave, Qq! Hang in there <3

Thank you Ariel,

i now have another problem ! My psychosis symptom  trying to come back:/ I hope this is a symptom  to and it will pass, I am really scared right now at the moment. 

i was mobbed from one person, and know I feel like is coming back in my head like she is trying to punching me again and again.

i hope this will go away I’m just sceared

16 minutes ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

i now have another problem ! My psychosis symptom  trying to come back:/ I hope this is a symptom  to and it will pass, I am really scared right now at the moment. 

i was mobbed from one person, and know I feel like is coming back in my head like she is trying to punching me again and again.

i hope this will go away I’m just sceared

I understand it can feel scary. 

Try not to think of these as "problems". They are just signs that your brain and nervous system are in the process of healing. If you read that essay I sent you this will make more sense. 

I know how hard it can feel to be bombarded by bad memories from the past. Try to distract yourself as much as you can. It will pass. 

What you are experiencing is all part of WD, and it's temporary. It gets better. 

• Moderator Emeritus
15 hours ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

What do you mean by "psychosis"? How much are you sleeping? 

I sleep late night at 5 til 2. I get sleep if 6-7 bourse but is hart to fall asleep. 

in my psychosis I thought that everyone want me bad and that I can feel what other people feel, I thought people will harm me 

Withdrawal symptom OCD

Hi,

did someone experience OCD in withdrawal. 

i never hat this before. 

will this go away?

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with intro topic - moved from success stories forum
  • Moderator Emeritus
12 hours ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

Withdrawal symptom OCD

Hi,

did someone experience OCD in withdrawal. 

i never hat this before. 

will this go away?

There are many existing topics on SA.  Before creating a new topic, please do a search to see if one already exists.  You can use the site search function or use an internet search engine and add site:survivingantidepressants.org to the search term.

Other members have mentioned experiencing OCD type symptoms during their tapers.  During my taper I experienced "monkey mind" or repetitive/looping thoughts, and now 6 months post taper (I'm currently recovering from a virus but not Covid so my body is stressed) I have been experiencing looping thoughts.  And no, I had never experienced this type of thing before.

obsessive-compulsive-disorder-or-ocd-repetitive-intrusive-thoughts-compulsive-behaviors

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

2 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

There are many existing topics on SA.  Before creating a new topic, please do a search to see if one already exists.  You can use the site search function or use an internet search engine and add site:survivingantidepressants.org to the search term.

Other members have mentioned experiencing OCD type symptoms during their tapers.  During my taper I experienced "monkey mind" or repetitive/looping thoughts, and now 6 months post taper (I'm currently recovering from a virus but not Covid so my body is stressed) I have been experiencing looping thoughts.  And no, I had never experienced this type of thing before.

obsessive-compulsive-disorder-or-ocd-repetitive-intrusive-thoughts-compulsive-behaviors

Thank you. But I wanted to know if anyone experienced it trough WD. Who never have it before. Just a Withdrawal symptom. 

i read the Thread, and the people suffer really badly, I I don’t know if I have the will to wait years. 

• Moderator Emeritus
20 minutes ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

But I wanted to know if anyone experienced it trough WD. Who never have it before. Just a Withdrawal symptom. 

I'm only 6 months off Pristiq after doing a 6 year taper.  What I am experiencing now could very well be part of the withdrawal.  But I cannot say for sure.  I never experienced it prior to tapering.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

I've just found this post:

On 6/7/2022 at 1:52 PM, Scrountz said:

I've been struggling a lot with this kind of thing too lately. Seems to have kicked into high gear for me over the past week or so, but was also something I experienced occasionally in early withdrawal. Its been helpful to recognize my intrusive thoughts as a kind of neuro-OCD, and reading about some of the more obscure types of OCD has helped me. For instance, I recently learned about some different types of OCD, and they certainly seem to fit the bill for my experience, and also the experience of a lot of other people on this forum based on what I've read.

Real Event OCD- In real event OCD, you experience obsessional anxiety and guilt about a real event that occurred in the past that you regretted. Sounds a lot like @Rhiannon's dystalgia to me.

Harm OCD- This type of OCD involves intrusive thoughts about harming others or oneself. 

Relationship OCD- Relationship OCD sufferers will obsess endlessly about whether their partner is right for them, whether they really love their partner, focus obsessively on their partners flaws, or obsess about whether their partner really loves them.

Scrupulosity OCD: This type of OCD manifests as an obsession concern with acting morally proper, and is sometimes associated with religiosity such as obsessing about being sinful and compulsive prayer.

Existential OCD: I went through a period back in January where for about a week I would be struck by obsessions about my death and a horrible fear of death. It led me to read Irvin Yalom's Staring at the Sun, a wonderful book on death anxiety. I partly chock this up to my intense interest in Existential Psychotherapy, which preceded withdrawal, but I see others have listed existential intrusive thoughts so I figured it was worth bringing this one up too. Existential OCD manifests as an obsessional preoccupation with death, meaninglessness and isolation etc. 

I know for me, when I get struck with intrusive thoughts, my compulsion is to ruminate about them, analyze them and question whether they're real or reflect something real about me. Some of my thoughts have been extremely strange and have left me feeling really uneasy for hours or days. It was helpful to learn that things like ruminating, checking, confessing and researching are all compulsive behaviors that may provide temporary relief but ultimately make OCD worse. Anything you do that assumes that the thoughts that you're having pose a real danger only serves to reinforce the anxiety. 

The best thing we can do is disidentify from it all. Obstinately refusing to believe these thoughts are real, and reminding yourself that these thoughts are neuro-OCD, and nothing more, can be helpful to cope until the underlying neurology figures itself out. 

I think for many of us a certain intolerance for uncertainty and ambiguity underlies a lot of our more conventional, pre-medicine experiences of anxiety. Withdrawal unfortunately takes this up to 11, and we're stuck with awful neuro-Intrusive Thoughts for hours, days or weeks on end. My sense is that while conventional treatment strategies can be helpful, such as thought stopping/substitution techniques and ERP, ultimately if its neuro-OCD, it will resolve on its own. That certainly seems to be my experience, as despite my best attempt to "treat" this new experience, it seems to just come and go as it pleases.

For what its worth, despite my optimistic post, I really hate this too and its been one of the most difficult aspects of withdrawal so far. Its complicated a lot of dimensions of my life and caused high levels of distress which make things very difficult. I cannot wait for it all to go away. 

• Moderator Emeritus
21 hours ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

I sleep late night at 5 til 2. I get sleep if 6-7 bourse but is hart to fall asleep. 

in my psychosis I thought that everyone want me bad and that I can feel what other people feel, I thought people will harm me 

The fact that you're able to look at your situation and connect your uncomfortable feelings and thoughts to the fact that you're coming off a psychiatric drug is a good sign that you're very much in touch with reality. Try to be as compassionate with yourself as possible while you're experiencing this.

I came across this video during my recovery and found it very helpful. It's about hearing voices, but it can also help for overwhelming, irrational thoughts about people wanting to harm you:

Compassion for Voices: a tale of courage and hope video (5 minutes)

19 hours ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

Everything feels so unreal. Like is a simulation or something 

This sounds like what's called DP/DR (depersonalization / derealization). Please see:

Derealization or Depersonalization (DR and DP)

This post in that thread gives a great summary of the symptoms of DP/DR: 

Do You Feel Like a Stranger to Yourself?

Hi Shep,

i have a question. I Beginn to search meaning in numbers and think that everything has a meaning. Looking for signs everywhere. This sound Stränge I can not discribe this 

• Moderator Emeritus
14 hours ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

Hi Shep,

i have a question. I Beginn to search meaning in numbers and think that everything has a meaning. Looking for signs everywhere. This sound Stränge I can not discribe this 

Random, unexplainable thoughts and general absurdities are all a part of the withdrawal process. Best to look at these thoughts with curiosity and humor. That makes them less scary and less intrusive. 

If these thoughts lead you to a scary place, just remember withdrawal effects the fear center of the brain, which can make things seem dark, strange, and scary, and we tend to focus on them because we're wired to be on the lookout for danger for our own survival. But as long as you're in your own home, you have food in the refrigerator, and you have a warm bed to sleep in, you'll be fine. 

When your thoughts start looping about seeing meaning in everything, perhaps try a distraction, such as listening to music, going for a walk, playing a video game, etc. These thoughts will pass. The less attention you pay them, the less powerful they are. 

I am so scared at the moment.

i am scared of my thoughts. That they will become true. Iam crying the hole day. 

i feel like I am a Messias, that I can see things before they happen.

i feel like the old lady that will poise everyone with the apple. I feel horrible.

i want this to end. I am just scared.

i want to be myself again,

i think Ian manipulating everyone around me. I don’t know what happen I have no control 

• Moderator Emeritus

Shep suggested the following:

On 6/10/2022 at 9:09 PM, Shep said:

When your thoughts start looping about seeing meaning in everything, perhaps try a distraction, such as listening to music, going for a walk, playing a video game, etc. These thoughts will pass. The less attention you pay them, the less powerful they are. 

3 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Shep suggested the following:

Thank you. 

what is this all ?

my mind switching from one state in another. 

• Moderator Emeritus
12 hours ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

what is this all ?

my mind switching from one state in another. 

It's withdrawal and nothing more.

Healthy distractions = go for a walk, listen to some music, play a video game, watch a favorite TV or internet show, put together a jigsaw puzzle, etc.

As you engage in these healthy distractions, your focus will shift to what you're doing and away from being bothered with anxious or annoying thought streams. The more you practice your healthy distractions, the more you'll improve your ability to focus on healthy distractions and not be bothered with the disturbing withdrawal thoughts. It takes practice, but in time, you'll master the art of healthy distracting. 

Hi Shep,

i can’t listen to music or watch tv. MY CNS is to sensitive. I become obsessive with pictures and music. They will stay in my mind the hole day.

i don’t know what to do. 

i am just scared 

im crying the hole day 

and my appetite is gone. I’m losing weight so fast 

• Moderator Emeritus
38 minutes ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

and my appetite is gone. I’m losing weight so fast 

Try eating very small meals, just a few bites of high protein, low sugar foods like peanut butter on crackers, some almonds and a glass of milk, etc. Make sure you're getting enough calories and protein throughout the day. Also make sure you're drinking enough water. Low blood sugar from not eating and dehydration from not getting enough water can cause the same symptoms as withdrawal. 

40 minutes ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

They will stay in my mind the hole day.

Play some guided meditations that will keep you calm by staying in your mind the whole day. Let your symptoms work for you and not against you. 

A friend also going through withdrawal emailed me this video back in 2014 and I listened to it often during acute withdrawal. I still play it from time to time. 

Nervousness, Anxiety & Fear ~ Spoken by Mooji video (10 minutes)

And there are tons other videos like out there to explore. 

If that doesn't work, try drawing or coloring (they make adult coloring books now). Very soft and quiet images that if they stay in your mind, are comforting. 

And relax in the knowledge that thoughts in the mind will not hurt you. Just look at them as clouds passing in the sky. Don't get attached to them. Let them float by with detached curiosity. 

Withdrawal is a fun-house mirror of images and a lot of annoying internal voices in the mind, but it's very normal for those of us going through withdrawal. Nothing at all to be alarmed about. 

But do eat, drink water, and know that this is temporary. 

Hi Shep,

i will try.

i read a lot of Tory’s yesterday, and the people have the same struggles as me. 

this all is shocking me so much. 

i think there was a reason I teak this medication. 

what is if need them again? 

i am so unsure, what a live I will have of steh withdrawal pass.

i have so much insecurities at the moment