SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Guest: withdrawal from different medication

15 minutes ago, Ariel said:

Hi Qq,

Sometimes in withdrawal (WD) our thoughts can feel overwhelming. However, they are just thoughts. They come and go.

These thoughts are a WD symptom. They are not you. You are not your thoughts. 

I know it can be hard to remember this when there are so many thoughts, but try to tell yourself:

These are just thoughts. The thoughts are not me. The thoughts are just WD. 

WD is temporary. It will pass. The thoughts are temporary. They will pass. It gets better. 

Hang in there, Qq. You will get through this and things will look different than they do now. 

Healing is happening all the time, even when we don't consciously feel it. 

You are worthy. You matter. Your life matters. 

I believe in you. 

Sending you a big hug ❤️

Thank you! Is hard when you are losing your mind 

31 minutes ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

Hi everyone, 

i am maybe scared to be my old self, maybe I am hiding myself so that I don’t have to take responsibility for my life? 

sometimes I think this was all my plan to be like this. My thoughts are scaring me a lot. 

maybe I wanzet to escape my reality, maybe I will be damaged my hole life. 

when I look back I wish I had done a therapy for my problems and everything would be fine. But know after all this medication and all the experience how should I become like that. 

it seems that everything happens for are reason, I was so innocent before this medication. Now I feel harmed and like I have harmed other. While I can’t handle this situation. Or other harm me because I went through all this ****. 

mybe i am scared from my new life, because I have the feeling that I have explain myself to others. 

I lost my soul completely 

did anyone now this. 

i know Someone people told me that Is all Karma, and I feel like I deserve to be like this. Because o was so ignorant and arrogant 

i think I just was myself, and most people like this about me. 

i also remember that I was really egoistic, I was a bad communicator and things like this. I think I had a personality disorder and trauma. And that is why I behave like a behaved. 

mybe it is Karma and I have to live that I didn’t make it in life, while other habe there breakthroughs. 

I wish I can turn back time when I was 24 or 29 I would handled everything so differently. An have distance myself from a lot off people. WHO has obviously lie to me a lot. Because they are happy now and where never interested to see me happy.

and now that I am in this state I am so in need of this people. Now that I am damaged no one is interested in me 

it feels like I lost my worth as the person I was. 

some people used to look up at me. Now everyone is looking down at me, like I am just worthless 

i feel like Iam going in the wrong direction and no one want to show my the right one 

Hey

It looks like you are really in touch with old ways that didn't work out for you.  This is showing you you desire to move in a new direction.  So maybe looking at it as blessing to understand what you do want to create.  Sometimes parts of us fall away to make way for new.  😗

Recent 2018 Zoloft 150mg  (20 years taking at various times, no real issues before stopping)

2019 Risperdal one month low dose (forget amount) stopped bad reaction

2019 Remeron 7.5 mg sleep  (discontinued in mid 2019) on for six months (tapered for a few weeks)

Zoloft 100 mg Summer 2020/Zoloft 75 mg Summer 2021

Zoloft 50 mg November 2021/ Zoloft 25 mg First two weeks January 2022: Reinstated 50 mgJanuary Last week)

Crash in February - on and off doses as doctors conflicted over serotonin syndrome/withdrawal - stopped all for two week & resumed:\

Other drugs tried in hospitals (Abilify, 1mg, 1 dose, Zyprexa 1 dose 1mg, Klonopin .25 4 doses in 2 hospitalizations)

March 1 titrated Zoloft up from 0 to 65 from February to Early May

Severe vision problems at 65 mg (improved depression)

Taper to 55 6/15, 45mg 7/15/ 35mg 8/1, 25mg 8/15, 10 mg, 8/31 OFF 9/2022 Omg  Improved with drops from August to September - November crash ONE dose Zoloft 3mg 11/17 - worsened symptoms - Remain off Zoloft

Mirtazapine -3.5 mg six weeks mid march to end april, occasionally for sleep

Supplements: Fish oil, magnesium, lions mane, cytokine suppress, MCT Oil

19 minutes ago, Ariel said:

Hi Qq,

Sometimes in withdrawal (WD) our thoughts can feel overwhelming. However, they are just thoughts. They come and go.

These thoughts are a WD symptom. They are not you. You are not your thoughts. 

I know it can be hard to remember this when there are so many thoughts, but try to tell yourself:

These are just thoughts. The thoughts are not me. The thoughts are just WD. 

WD is temporary. It will pass. The thoughts are temporary. They will pass. It gets better. 

Hang in there, Qq. You will get through this and things will look different than they do now. 

Healing is happening all the time, even when we don't consciously feel it. 

You are worthy. You matter. Your life matters. 

I believe in you. 

Sending you a big hug ❤️

Thank you. But is so hard when you think you lose your mind!

i always think I punishing myself for something.

like I break the rules of law of attraction and that I have to work against them. So the world balance is ok. I don’t know how to discribe. Like I change the word with my behaved and that I’m guilty and have to punish myself. So the world is in balance 

4 minutes ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

Thank you! Is hard when you are losing your mind 

I hear you, Qq. It can indeed be very challenging! You are not alone in finding WD very hard to go through. 

I'd like to make a suggestion. Instead of saying to yourself, I'm losing my mind, instead maybe try saying, I feel like I'm losing my mind. 

Whenever you can, try to practice that awareness and bringing that little bit of distance. Do you know what I mean? 

I find this helpful. Maybe it could be helpful to you, too. 

Healing is happening <3

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

supplements: magnesium powder (dissolved in water) as needed throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil w/ morning meal; 2mg melatonin 

August 1, 2022 - 1 mg melatonin

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

7 hours ago, Roserdl said:

Hey

It looks like you are really in touch with old ways that didn't work out for you.  This is showing you you desire to move in a new direction.  So maybe looking at it as blessing to understand what you do want to create.  Sometimes parts of us fall away to make way for new.  😗

No I am absolutely not. I was myself and people hated that about me. Because I was the person who makes things happen. In business in private everything. I just was not so good in emotional things. 

i really loved my old self. Yes I had problems. And it hurted me a lot that people never liked me a lot, but now I went through all this, I know why they didn’t like me. Some people are just not happy for other they don’t want to see others win. I was with the wrong people.

but now I am just like the people I never really wanted to become, those evil Typ of person  those jealous Typ of person, the people pleaser, the one who want to be like by everyone, that one that, makes other feel bad about themselves, the gossip Typ of person. 

before that, I was always minding my own business. Never jealous, manipulative, evil. 

that all change I am really like the people that hated me before. Always complain not mowing foreword giving other people guilt and the list is going on and on

this is tragic, I hope this will pass 

I am just an angry person. I don’t want to depend on others anymore.

i just want to be happy for myself and set goals to archive them. 

i don’t want to be like this anymore

this is hell my feelings my thoughts everything. My body my face everything change

On 7/1/2022 at 11:59 AM, Shep said:

QQ, the below quote is something I wrote 4 years ago about a wave that included visuals and some things that helped. The more you are able to calm your nervous system, the more likely you'll transition from scary visions to calming visions. 

You have more control over this than you might think. 

Hi Shep, 

how long did you have the Visions. And when they stop? 

thank you 

• Moderator Emeritus

Not really sure, QQ. I posted about them in my benzo thread, but it's been so long ago, I can't really remember. They faded out slowly, especially as more normal sleep returned. 

How can it be that I could function again immediately with these drugs.  I could work and be happy, nothing would matter.  and now I'm a wreck.  I could even watch TV and think normally again!  How is this supposed to work again without medication?  I have a perceptual disorder, my friends say I'm afraid that things will only get worse than better or that I'll get used to this unfortunate state.  I always think the same thing am depressed and have no joy.  I'm paranoid etc

i only want to sleep the hole day I’m not hungry, and yesterday I have suicidal thoughts. 

will i ever be normal again? 

the surgery will be on Friday 

Was everything wrong on this medication? 

how will I ever be in reality again

i ruined my relationship and everything else 

i see a video of god and now k think am a sinner 

1 hour ago, Shep said:

Not really sure, QQ. I posted about them in my benzo thread, but it's been so long ago, I can't really remember. They faded out slowly, especially as more normal sleep returned. 

Thank you Shep, I will read it when I have more energy and will

Hi Guest

I'm sorry you're going through this.
I am a seroquel survivor too. :(

I understand you and I know how hard it is to lose the life we had before WD. 
Breathing exercises have helped me a lot.
If I can help with anything, let me know. And remember: don't blame yourself. It's not your fault. Trust that your body will heal over time. 

Past meds:

• 2013-2019 = 100mg Quetiapine
  • mar20 - aug20 = 50mg Quetiapine
  • aug20 - jun21 = 25mg Quetiapine + 5mg melatonin
  • jun21 - aug21 = 12,5mg Quetiapine + 5mg melatonin
  • aug21 = 6,25mg Quetiapine + 5mg melatonin
  • sep21 - oct21 =  5mg melatonin
  • oct21 - dec21 = 0,5mg Clonazepam + 5mg melatonin 
  • 25th dec 21 - 5th jan 22 = 5mg melatonin  
  • 5th jan 22 - 17th jan 22 = 0,3mg Clonazepam + 5mg melatonin + 12mg CBD full spectrum
  • 17th jan 22 - 19th fev 22 = 0,2mg Clonazepam + 5mg melatonin 
  • 19th fev 22 - 25th fev 22 = 12,5mg Quetiapine

Current meds:

• 01st mar 22 = 50mg Pregablin (Lyrica) 
  •  50mg Pregablin = 30 mg 10:30 PM + 12,5mg 10:30 AM + 7,5 mg 5:00 AM
  • 23 mar = 6,25mg Quetiapine  /  31 mar = 5,0 mg / 11 apr - until now = 4,0 mg at 04:30AM
  • (Between 15 may - 20 may) 0,5 mg Quetiapine 03:30 AM 
On 7/6/2022 at 10:39 AM, Valerio said:

Hi Guest

I'm sorry you're going through this.
I am a seroquel survivor too. :(

I understand you and I know how hard it is to lose the life we had before WD. 
Breathing exercises have helped me a lot.
If I can help with anything, let me know. And remember: don't blame yourself. It's not your fault. Trust that your body will heal over time. 

Thank you Valerio, 

i don’t belive it anymore. But yes I hope 

26 minutes ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

Did anyone else feel like a psychopath? 

I don't feel like a psychopath. But on the days I have psychosis and akathisia, I also lose faith. You are not alone!

Past meds:

• 5th jan 22 - 17th jan 22 = 0,3mg Clonazepam + 5mg melatonin + 12mg CBD full spectrum

Current meds:

• 23 mar = 6,25mg Quetiapine  /  31 mar = 5,0 mg / 11 apr - until now = 4,0 mg at 04:30AM
2 minutes ago, Valerio said:

I don't feel like a psychopath. But on the days I have psychosis and akathisia, I also lose faith. You are not alone!

You have psychosis? How ?

Hi everyone,

today I feel like I am back on the medications. My thinking is chaotic and I feel like Iam on medication. How this could be? 

I want this to stop. That’s why I stopped the medication. Because I hated it. 

and now I m back on this state. How? Will this pass?

16 minutes ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

You have psychosis? How ?

I have bizarre outbreaks. They are like conspiracy theories. For example, the neighbor starts making noise and I start screaming thinking that the noise is to annoy me. For days I believe these theories. Then I go back to thinking rationally.

Past meds:

Current meds:

4 minutes ago, Valerio said:

I have bizarre outbreaks. They are like conspiracy theories. For example, the neighbor starts making noise and I start screaming thinking that the noise is to annoy me. For days I believe these theories. Then I go back to thinking rationally.

Ok i also think this thinking I think. When I do this then the outcome would be this, or that I am sinner and have to repair everything. 

did you have this before ?

20 minutes ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

Ok i also think this thinking I think. When I do this then the outcome would be this, or that I am sinner and have to repair everything. 

did you have this before ?

No! 

All these bizarre symptoms started with withdrawal. :(

Past meds:

Current meds:

13 minutes ago, Valerio said:

No! 

All these bizarre symptoms started with withdrawal. :(

Ok, Iam sorry for that :( what symptoms do you still have? 

i really don’t like to interact with no one. Is like I hiding myself. 

I recognize when I am with other, I think I like with them. I don’t have any self awareness. 

is like I take the personality of others? I don’t know how to explain!

when someone tells me something, I think is about me and that they send me hidden signals maybe. My frinds told me that Im instabile and that my perception is wrong all the time.

did some one have this experience?

And sorry for my Englisch and for all the questions.

i don’t see any other way to communicate with some one and I m scared to got ou, because of the impact of others 

33 minutes ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

Ok, Iam sorry for that :( what symptoms do you still have? 

i really don’t like to interact with no one. Is like I hiding myself. 

Interacting with people is never easy. Even more being so fragile because of the withdrawal. My symptoms are basically the same. Unfortunately, it still hasn't gotten any better. 

Past meds:

Current meds:

15 hours ago, Valerio said:

Interacting with people is never easy. Even more being so fragile because of the withdrawal. My symptoms are basically the same. Unfortunately, it still hasn't gotten any better. 

How long did you have this symptoms 

I googled all about Schizophrenia and I have all the syntoms 

what should I do now, what if Iam really sick? 

my parents arguing everyday because of me. Becaue im in my room. I don’t know what to do anymore 

• Moderator Emeritus
17 hours ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

I googled all about Schizophrenia and I have all the syntoms 

what should I do now, what if Iam really sick? 

Life is short, QQ, so why are you spending your precious time googling about schizophrenia? Why not play a video game, go for a walk in nature, look at mindfulness videos, listen to your favorite music, etc? 

If you spend your time traveling down these types of dark roads, that's where your path will take you.

It's better to train your brain for the best outcome. And there's actual science behind that. Check out this information on neuroplasticity: 

Neuroplasticity video (2 minutes)

Healing from antidepressants. How to speed up the recovery process video (5 minutes)

And just like there are positives to neuroplasticity, be careful of going into spirals of catastrophic thinking, as that can also re-wire the brain. 

Norman Doidge - The Dark Side of Neuroplasticity video (2 minutes)

Some ways of not going down the dark side of neuroplasticity:

Dealing With Emotional Spirals

"Change the channel" -- dealing with cognitive symptoms

Better days are ahead. It's painfully slow, but we do get better over time. 

Success Stories

56 minutes ago, Shep said:

And just like there are positives to neuroplasticity, be careful of going into spirals of catastrophic thinking, as that can also re-wire the brain. 

Ok that’s what Im scared of! Please don’t send me things like this. Maybe this happening? 

i want my brain to go back to not normal! But this is not normal!

This is demoralizing me so much 

i really hope this is withdrawal and and not that I’m damaging my brain more thru this. 

i can’t listen to music or watch tv. I get OCD 

i don’t want to damage my brain more 

• Moderator Emeritus

Guest I think you may have missed my point. You have control over what you put into your brain. You can spend your time Googling stuff on the internet that will make you scared or you can focus on healthier activities. 

It's normal when we're in a fear state to want to seek out reasons for that fear. That's part of our survival instinct. So you'll need to fight hard against that urge. The more you focus on healthy distractions - taking walks in nature, listening to favorite music, etc. - the less you give into that the urge and the more you set your brain on a healing path. 

On 7/8/2022 at 6:41 AM, Shep said:

Guest I think you may have missed my point. You have control over what you put into your brain. You can spend your time Googling stuff on the internet that will make you scared or you can focus on healthier activities. 

It's normal when we're in a fear state to want to seek out reasons for that fear. That's part of our survival instinct. So you'll need to fight hard against that urge. The more you focus on healthy distractions - taking walks in nature, listening to favorite music, etc. - the less you give into that the urge and the more you set your brain on a healing path. 

Hi Shep, 

i saw the videos and I saw another one with a girl who is going through withdrawal she also moved back to her parents house. She said she feel like a child. 

i feel the same. Not like 35 old woman, I feel like I’m 15 again. And I can’t manage that. How would I ever get back to normal if I stay in this place for so long. 

i have a good therapist I will see him next week. 

what I read was when you suffer longer from psychosis or depression it will be harder to heal the prognosis is really bad. 

when I took my last medication my thought was you should give yourself time. I thought October i will see progress. 

i just don’t know what is real anymore and what not. I don’t talk to no one beside this people in this forum. And I m sceared to lose touch with reality. 

I also watch doctor who talk about mentall illnes and I was so confused of all of that. 

I know my mind is trying to fix my problems sometime I think I go trough trauma again to heal. But Iam also sceared of the damage and that I became a different person.

Iam a really angry person. 

i should try to push in another direction. But Iam used to this situation so much that I are ne good outcome. I can’t imagine myself to move out and have my own life. I feel handicapped and stuck forever. 

my memory is really bad and also my cognitive, I can’t think or feel anything. Sometimes only my mind work. No connection to myself. I feel like computer sometimes 

i m just hopeless, like there is no way out. No matter how hard I try. 

thank you that you take time for me 

and my parents make it more difficult for me! They are jelling at me all day. Is like I have to take care of them. I can’t take this no longer. This is such a punishment for me

@shep

hi Shep, I talk to a friend of mine who are also going through withdrawal.she quit Paxil after she uses it years and endet up in psych ward. She had psychosis and HOCD. She is helping me a lot. But she went back on Paxail After 8 month on the highest dosage. Because never ever want to go back to psych ward and take other medications she get there. The people there thought she is crazy but she was just in withdrawal 

she told me when someone  is in withdrawal and with people who also struggle you adopt symptoms from them. She was in therapy and people talk about their problems and symptoms and she adopted the syntoms. Maybe that is also what I am doing? Could that be, did you see this phenomenon on some else. 

like read a lot about cheating in the last days, because I’m so upset about the break up with my boyfriend that I adopt his behavior thowords me. If this makes sense. 

because I thought his behavior is normal 

Hi everyone,

i had a little window this evening. I was myself! And my memory come back and I remember everything and how everything started. 

i am really tiered now but also I little bit happy ❤️🩹 I need things now to sink in 

• Moderator Emeritus
21 minutes ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

Hi everyone,

i had a little window this evening. I was myself! And my memory come back and I remember everything and how everything started. 

i am really tiered now but also I little bit happy ❤️🩹 I need things now to sink in 

Write it on a card and stick it somewhere that you can see it to continually remind yourself the improvement is happening.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Im sceared to develop psychosis trough this Prozess. This all really heavy for me and my mind. Is more traumatizing, I can’t handle all this 

I think I need rest 

• Moderator Emeritus

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

I feel like I am on medication again? What is this? 

i feel back in the days like last year, when I go to the psy ward because of my suicidal thoughts. I thought is a safe place for me

i have suicidal thoughts today, because I messed up my life. And people don’t like me maybe because I have this mental illness and where at the psy ward because of Suicidal Thoughts 

i think my ex doesn’t want me because of that 

Trauma is popping up in the morning-suicidal thought- than depression hit-I think my brain close the experience and than I’m in a state of no energy and brain fog

Edited by ChessieCat
Resized font

Hi @Shep

i feel dead inside. I have no thoughts and feelings. My life makes no sense in this moment. Is this depression?

i read a lot in the last weeks, an I wish I didn’t, I just want to forget everything. But I can’t. 

all these information leave me hopeless.

Will this pass? 

i have brain fog, it think this is the best discribtion.

i have tomorrow my surgery, I hope all goes well