SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Guest: withdrawal from different medication

On 7/14/2022 at 6:46 AM, Shep said:

Guest Good luck with your surgery, QQ. Please let us know how you do. 

Hi Shep, 

my surgery went well. I had some trouble with my thoughts. 

but after that I feel good and relaxed. No anxiety at all.

now is all back

• Moderator Emeritus

Very glad your surgery went well. Do as much self care as you can and work with healthy distractions to keep your thought-stream from spiraling into negative thinking. Favorite movies and music, gentle video games, etc. until you've recovered from your surgery. Don't forget to eat healthy and drink plenty of water. 

Hi @Shep,

when I will have a window again? 

this is so horrible I don’t have my own thoughts. In the window I was me, that was scary but I have my own thoughts.

i am in my head all the time, making scenarios and I do overthink I lot. Is like I try to think what others think. When will this stop? 

i do complete lose myself. I want to control everything 

Mybe is anxiety and depression? 

• Moderator Emeritus

GuestHow are you feeling in regards to your surgery? Are you healing okay? Are you able to eat healthy throughout the day and drink plenty of water? 

16 minutes ago, Shep said:

@QuittingquentiapinHow are you feeling in regards to your surgery? Are you healing okay? Are you able to eat healthy throughout the day and drink plenty of water? 

Hi Shep, 

i Lied. The surgery was horrible, 

I was given a local anesthetic and immediately felt the need to harm myself.  when I was lying on the operating table I wanted to jump out of the window I felt really bad.  and now i'm not really feeling any better.  I only eat when I have to, I have no appetite.  my brain is constantly working and in overdrive.  I don't have a quiet moment.  I try to distract myself as best as I can.  But as soon as I'm around people, I put myself under pressure.  the interpersonal relationships burden me just as much as my condition.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry to read this, Guest. Do as much self care as you can.

Eating protein and drinking water should be a priority so you don't get run down. Small snacks, like a glass of milk and a handful of almonds, can help until you're feeling up to eating a full meal. 

Are you taking any medications due to the surgery? If so, please list them. 

2 minutes ago, Shep said:

I'm sorry to read this, @Quittingquentiapin. Do as much self care as you can.

Eating protein and drinking water should be a priority so you don't get run down. Small snacks, like a glass of milk and a handful of almonds, can help until you're feeling up to eating a full meal. 

Are you taking any medications due to the surgery? If so, please list them. 

No medication 

• Moderator Emeritus
2 minutes ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

No medication 

It's great you're able to get through this without ending up on a lot of other meds. 

You're doing better than you think, QQ. 

12 minutes ago, Shep said:

It's great you're able to get through this without ending up on a lot of other meds. 

Now I think you are right? I’m I ab actor ? This is scary that everything that someone says leave me guessing?

I want to be my old self 

this is my only wish

1 hour ago, Shep said:

What if this isn’t withdrawal? What if this is how I am after medication? I don’t make any improvements? This state is 2 month the same? I feel the same everyday, I make a nap and it feels like the other days no improvement nothing 

Hi everyone,

i hope I can get some encouragement.

im a mess, since 2 days. My brain feels burnout. I can’t think straight. Everything end everyone is making me aggressive because they don’t know how I suffer. 

ehm i don’t know how to discribe. I think that I can think what other people think, and that I can see the future. I feel like a witch. I know it sound bizarre but this is scarring me a lot. Like I would now what tomorrow would happen. I also think I adopt behaviors from other. I feel like I can see though people 

i have no filter. I turn my phone if so no one can reach me. I just want to stay at home and don’t see people at all. 

I watch a tv series with my mom. And I told her what ich think the people think. I don’t want to know what other people think I just want to be myself. I question everything and everyone. And I compete myself to everyone. I ask myself: I am I like her? Or like he? Ah ok this person have to feel this 

when I’m astound people or friends I abhebe really submissive. This is also not good

and I behave really abusive to my loved ones. Because I just can take this brain pain anymore 

I don’t know what to do. I will ruin all my relationship with the people I used to love

i have no good feelings or love. Not a little happiness 

I've noticed for a few days that I can hardly remember anything, but as soon as someone asks me about something, I can answer everything exactly.  I just don't think anything, my brain is frozen.  and I sometimes pass on more information than is necessary.  my mouth is faster than my thinking or my brain.  it works quite well brooding few minutes a day and then it turns itself off.  there are then floating thoughts above my head.  I hardly feel myself anymore, but am trapped in a strange state.  maybe it's DP/DR I don't really know.  are there perhaps more reports of experiences about psychotic symptoms during withdrawal

Have you tried doing a search in the Symptoms and Self-Care Forum? 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/forum/8-symptoms-and-self-care/

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

supplements: magnesium powder (dissolved in water) as needed throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil w/ morning meal; 2mg melatonin 

August 1, 2022 - 1 mg melatonin

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

Hello everyone, I've been having these horrible suicidal thoughts since yesterday.  I was on my way to a friend's.  and heard a song that triggered me.  Immediately images came up in me that I have to do something to myself.  I immediately turned off the radio and then was in shock for a while and cried non-stop.  When I wanted to go to sleep in the evening it got worse, a number of memories from back then came up, but these memories are different, I would call them falsified.  because I have different memories of these events.  this time events were different and my suicidal thoughts became worse because my situation is so hopeless.  I can't get rid of these thoughts.  I try to plan something in everyday life, but these thoughts keep popping up and I can't resist it.

What can I do against it?  is the trauma caused or what happens because it only shows me this way

i hope someone can help 

• Moderator Emeritus

Guest Please print this out and refer to it often. It's something I'm copying and pasting from earlier in your thread:

On 6/10/2022 at 6:09 AM, Shep said:

Random, unexplainable thoughts and general absurdities are all a part of the withdrawal process. Best to look at these thoughts with curiosity and humor. That makes them less scary and less intrusive. 

If these thoughts lead you to a scary place, just remember withdrawal effects the fear center of the brain, which can make things seem dark, strange, and scary, and we tend to focus on them because we're wired to be on the lookout for danger for our own survival. But as long as you're in your own home, you have food in the refrigerator, and you have a warm bed to sleep in, you'll be fine. 

When your thoughts start looping about seeing meaning in everything, perhaps try a distraction, such as listening to music, going for a walk, playing a video game, etc. These thoughts will pass. The less attention you pay them, the less powerful they are. 

hello @Shep, today I had an appointment to pull a thread (from my surgery)It was very hot in the doctor's waiting area and I became dizzy and passed out!  this has never happened to me before.  I'm scared to get back together break.  the doctor's assistant gave me drops to increase my pulse.  he was 88/66.  and I lay there for almost 1 hour until I felt better again.  I'm afraid this will happen to me again.  I've never passed out or felt dizzy to that extent.  my parents want to go on vacation on Wednesday, now I'm afraid of falling over there again because of my low blood pressure.  I've always had that.  but this heat makes me extremely difficult.  I had read something on the internet and at that moment my eyes went black.  I've already noticed that it got hot etc. but at some point it didn't work anymore

• Moderator Emeritus
18 hours ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

hello @Shep, today I had an appointment to pull a thread (from my surgery)It was very hot in the doctor's waiting area and I became dizzy and passed out!  this has never happened to me before.  I'm scared to get back together break.  the doctor's assistant gave me drops to increase my pulse.  he was 88/66.  and I lay there for almost 1 hour until I felt better again.  I'm afraid this will happen to me again.  I've never passed out or felt dizzy to that extent.  my parents want to go on vacation on Wednesday, now I'm afraid of falling over there again because of my low blood pressure.  I've always had that.  but this heat makes me extremely difficult.  I had read something on the internet and at that moment my eyes went black.  I've already noticed that it got hot etc. but at some point it didn't work anymore

Try to avoid the heat as much as you can.

Also, stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day. 

On 7/17/2022 at 7:16 AM, Quittingquentiapin said:

I have no appetite.

Low blood sugar can also cause fainting, so do your best to eat small, healthy snacks with protein throughout the day to keep your blood sugar steady. 

2 hours ago, Shep said:

Try to avoid the heat as much as you can.

Also, stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day. 

Low blood sugar can also cause fainting, so do your best to eat small, healthy snacks with protein throughout the day to keep your blood sugar steady. 

i have dizziness in my head all day.do i need to worry

i also try really hard to quit smoking.

But it doesn’t work

• Moderator Emeritus
On 7/26/2022 at 10:00 AM, Guest said:

i also try really hard to quit smoking.

But it doesn’t work

Have you tried tapering your cigarettes to minimize nicotine withdrawal? 

If that doesn't work, you may want to wait until you've recovered more from quetiapine withdrawal before trying to stop smoking.   

6 hours ago, Shep said:

Have you tried tapering your cigarettes to minimize nicotine withdrawal? 

If that doesn't work, you may want to wait until you've recovered more from quetiapine withdrawal before trying to stop smoking.   

Hi Shep, 

thank you. I try to reduce my consume. Sometimes I think my brain fog is from the Cigarettes.

At the moment I am on vacation with mz parents. The heat here is abspult not good for me. I hope I survive this. 

i was really scared of the travel but it was good, now I’m more scared about my stay. 

i had head pressure all the time. Bad thoughts and brain fog

Hi everyone, 

i hope someone can help me. 

i feel so much disgust, about myself and others! I think everyone is disgusted by me 

and I can’t shake this feeling of 

I am now 4 month off I think. 

i struggle a lot of anxiety I think. But I don’t really know.

at the moment I experience strange state of mind, is like I seeing souls more than humans. 

i feel like my mind aged a lot and that I missed a lot in this 1-2 years on this drugs, because i missed a lot of music,movies books. I like my brain didn’t proceed in the last years. Is like a falling out of the picture. I didn’t understand the simple things. 

i also see people as puppets I don’t feel any connection to them. Not to my family members or friends, is like I am living in a different world. 

I became a really good actor in WD, i can really good handle and interact with friends, but with my family is strange. I never wanted to become like them. And now I think that I am like them. I can not set boundaries. Is like we flowing into one another. This scares me a little. Because before all this I had my own character. My own hobbies music taste etc. 

i can functional through the day, and finish small tasks. But I am really exhausted. I don’t know how to calm down an stand still. 

my vacation was not really good but also not bad, I am happy I survived! Because a lot of times I hat suicidal thoughts, paranoia etc. but it passed. The syntoms change daily, Is hard to belive that all this is WD. I also asked my self if this page is real, or the people here are all lying? Because I am also in touch with people who have OCD and they go to therapy and take there medication and everything is fine, and Thant they ask me, what i do. And I tell that I don’t belive in medication they didn’t help me, and then they became really strange to me. 

i still have memory loss, or when I remember something, I have no connection and no emotions. 

i still can not watch tv, because for me is real, I saw a trailer today about a love movie. I was so pissed about it and became oCD it was hard to switch this of and to tell myself this is a movie. You don’t have to think it through. I was so pissed that the actors are fooling other etc. but is is a movie. 

i really became easy angry about anything and everyone. 

i feel like a sociopath. Sorry for my communication skills, they are really bad at the moment

i am scared to fall out complete of reality 

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, Shep said:

Thank you Shep! I read it, I know I feel more shame and guilt that I take this medication and that I allow other people to destroy me this much! I lost all my selfworth und premier people also lost my respect of me i think! 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Quittingquentiapin: withdrawal from different medication
  • Moderator Emeritus
10 minutes ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

Is here someone who try a Keto diet? 

i read that it can help with neurogenesis? 

I watched this video the other day; it was only posted on 14th May 2022:

From the "Low Carb Down Under" Youtube channel:

Dr. Chris Palmer - 'The Ketogenic Diet in Neurology and Psychiatry'

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

Something that I would like to add as a caution.

If changing your diet, especially if you are tapering, is to do a gradual change over.  For example you could start with reducing any added sugar you use, then reduce something else.  Even for people not tapering or experiencing withdrawal symptoms, radically changing your diet in one go might cause issues, and it can also end up being more difficult because you can feel deprived which can make you feel even worse and reduces the desire to make the change.

Sugar withdrawal IS  thing.  I had it happen to me when I went on the Pritikin diet when I was in my mid twenties.  It was very similar to nicotine withdrawal which I had also experienced.

Doing a gradually change over can help with these things.  And if you notice some improvements/benefits as you make the change to your diet, it can help to encourage you to try to change more things.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

4 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Something that I would like to add as a caution.

If changing your diet, especially if you are tapering, is to do a gradual change over.  For example you could start with reducing any added sugar you use, then reduce something else.  Even for people not tapering or experiencing withdrawal symptoms, radically changing your diet in one go might cause issues, and it can also end up being more difficult because you can feel deprived which can make you feel even worse and reduces the desire to make the change.

Sugar withdrawal IS  thing.  I had it happen to me when I went on the Pritikin diet when I was in my mid twenties.  It was very similar to nicotine withdrawal which I had also experienced.

Doing a gradually change over can help with these things.  And if you notice some improvements/benefits as you make the change to your diet, it can help to encourage you to try to change more things.

Hi @ChessieCat thank you for your replay and the information. 

in this hopeless situation you try to change something that maybe make you feel better a little bit. But yes, maybe I should start small and see how my body react. 

I have the feeling that my personality will never come back again. 

i feel really lost at the moment. Everything is so different. My reality is a hole different 

will that ever change again?

i don’t realize if I have a window or not.sometimes I have felling and cry a lot but that I don’t know if it’s me. Or the new me. This is really scary for me 

i am in a place full of fear and anxiety but I can’t feel it

my brain is like a sponge and absorbs everything. I have no filter anymore 

I keep telling myself that the last 3-4 years and this WD are hallucinations and that I will return to normal! Because it only can be this! I would never behave like I behave in the last 3-4 years never ! This really can’t be real 

• Moderator Emeritus

If your thoughts were gone you would not be able to write the posts that you make on SA.

27 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

If your thoughts were gone you would not be able to write the posts that you make on SA.

Then what is this I only see bad things and I am really a bad person