peaceandlove

I was stuck in flight or fight mode already before from my anxiety it was getting way better tho. Then I took this one pill & had this adverse reaction so I guess my question is will I be able to get myself out of it or am I stuck in it until my withdrawal like symptoms go away? Like is my breathing exercises, relaxing exercises, meditation working or is the brain too messed up to notice I’m doing that & heal ?? I’m trying to get out of sympathetic nervous system  & get back into my parasympathetic nervous system (that’s why I took the pill in the first place) will I be able to still do that ??

I also am doing an intense 30 day graditude practice (the book of magic by Rhonda byne) which changes your thinking to be more happy, gives you happy chemicals like dopamine etc.. so I’m like will this even work?? Will my brain be able to tell I’m doing this

April 2022- Only 1 celxa pill 10mg

had an adverse reaction & never took anymore again 

I haven't got the best advice, my head's a little dumb because of medical reasons. But sharing what I'm experiencing might be relatable?

Lately I've been going through such intense anxiety. Nonstop obsessive thoughts. Flashbacks. 

I've been trying my best to use mindfulness, reiki healing sessions, stay off my phone, things that are healthy and should help lessen anxiety. 

I'm a month into this craziness and I'm only just starting to have small moments where I can feel relaxed using some techniques. It's like my subconscious is slowly beginning to listen. Which is brilliant!

So I think your mind is still capable of escaping flight or fight mode. That the self-care and gratitude techniques you're using will eventually work. The subconscious should eventually listen. Keep going! You'll come out of this someday! 

(I hope some of this makes sense)

Riseridone (dose unknown) 2010 (no approximate end, short-term use), Aspergers. Tapered. Fluxoetine 10mg 13/14. Direct switch to -- Citalopram 2014/14. Quetiapine 2014/14. 1 week. (Cold turkey, advised by NHS). 

Risperidone, 20th March 2016, cold turkey April 10th, 2016 Zoloft, April, 2016, 25mg, increased to 50mg in May, increased to 100mg in late 2016, decreased to 50mg, September 2019(Accidentally)weaned myself off. Reinstated Zoloft 50mg for 3 days - March 23rd to 26th. Early 2021 (changed brand of Zoloft. Tapered down. Med free since 11th February. Waiting to see if any windows happen). Supplements (occasionally l theanine 300mg, trialing CBD) Took a small light dab of powder, barely a compound. Deciding to wait and see what happens afterwards, not wanting to reinstate now. 

Took a small dose of L-Theanine (under 20mg). Negative reaction included: sweating, mania, head pressure, head tingling, worse insomnia. Not touching anything ever again. 

Anhedonic since March 2020!

Using a THC free edible on the 5th June ruined everything. Insomnia, no appetite, numbness, DP/DR.

37 minutes ago, 00ColdTurkey said:

I haven't got the best advice, my head's a little dumb because of medical reasons. But sharing what I'm experiencing might be relatable?

Lately I've been going through such intense anxiety. Nonstop obsessive thoughts. Flashbacks. 

I've been trying my best to use mindfulness, reiki healing sessions, stay off my phone, things that are healthy and should help lessen anxiety. 

I'm a month into this craziness and I'm only just starting to have small moments where I can feel relaxed using some techniques. It's like my subconscious is slowly beginning to listen. Which is brilliant!

So I think your mind is still capable of escaping flight or fight mode. That the self-care and gratitude techniques you're using will eventually work. The subconscious should eventually listen. Keep going! You'll come out of this someday! 

(I hope some of this makes sense)

thank you for the reply. I’m having the exact same symptoms. Can you explain your flashbacks… Are your flashbacks of bad memories that have happened to you?? My flashbacks are like anything my mind see it gives me memory that has to do with it. Like I’ll see mall & it give me a memory of when I went to the mall. Or something that reminds me of someone & I’ll start thinking of it. Which sucks cause a lot of the flashbacks are like of bad scary stuff. Like my mind wants to focus on negative stuff

16 minutes ago, peaceandlove said:

thank you for the reply. I’m having the exact same symptoms. Can you explain your flashbacks… Are your flashbacks of bad memories that have happened to you?? My flashbacks are like anything my mind see it gives me memory that has to do with it. Like I’ll see mall & it give me a memory of when I went to the mall. Or something that reminds me of someone & I’ll start thinking of it. Which sucks cause a lot of the flashbacks are like of bad scary stuff. Like my mind wants to focus on negative stuff

Whoa! That's so similar to what I'm going through! My flashbacks are about bad things which have happened. I only need one tiny thought, and suddenly lots of flashbacks come up. It's a continuous cycle! Always negative too. 

It's annoying as I know if it wasn't for the meds, I could have talked myself out of the flashbacks. Hopefully both of us will be free from the anxiety by the end of this year (or even sooner!) 

Riseridone (dose unknown) 2010 (no approximate end, short-term use), Aspergers. Tapered. Fluxoetine 10mg 13/14. Direct switch to -- Citalopram 2014/14. Quetiapine 2014/14. 1 week. (Cold turkey, advised by NHS). 

Risperidone, 20th March 2016, cold turkey April 10th, 2016 Zoloft, April, 2016, 25mg, increased to 50mg in May, increased to 100mg in late 2016, decreased to 50mg, September 2019(Accidentally)weaned myself off. Reinstated Zoloft 50mg for 3 days - March 23rd to 26th. Early 2021 (changed brand of Zoloft. Tapered down. Med free since 11th February. Waiting to see if any windows happen). Supplements (occasionally l theanine 300mg, trialing CBD) Took a small light dab of powder, barely a compound. Deciding to wait and see what happens afterwards, not wanting to reinstate now. 

Took a small dose of L-Theanine (under 20mg). Negative reaction included: sweating, mania, head pressure, head tingling, worse insomnia. Not touching anything ever again. 

Using a THC free edible on the 5th June ruined everything. Insomnia, no appetite, numbness, DP/DR.

Oof, sorry about this! I just had this idea pop into my head about another thing you could try. I just remembered a post on another forum someone made about living in the moment. Just second by second. And force yourself not to think of past or future. This way it could help limit the stresses a little. Like you're in your own comfortable bubble. 

It might work or not, but it's worth a shot.

47 minutes ago, 00ColdTurkey said:

Whoa! That's so similar to what I'm going through! My flashbacks are about bad things which have happened. I only need one tiny thought, and suddenly lots of flashbacks come up. It's a continuous cycle! Always negative too. 

It's annoying as I know if it wasn't for the meds, I could have talked myself out of the flashbacks. Hopefully both of us will be free from the anxiety by the end of this year (or even sooner!) 

haha yes it’s so annoying my mind tries to associate everything it sees/hears with a memory like it literally will search for one. For example I overheard the tv say “LA” then my mind said” oh remember that you have a LA dodgers hat” lol. My regular mind wouldn’t even have paid attention to the word LA. Or something that reminds me of my ex for example who I don’t even care about anymore or memories of a loved one that has past away or even a random person I haven’t seen in 10years. Sorry your going through this but glad I’m not alone. I also just completed my 1st month.

& thank you for the advice!

• Mentor

Hi Guys--I just wanted to pipe in about flashbacks---sometimes it is just a memory but a real flashback for me also involves

feeling like you are really  back intime/ memory--sensations-like you can almost smell the air--feel it on your skin-remember/or feel how felt at that time....I am learning to enjoy the good ones but the bad ones are a little more harder now I try to sit with the memory good or bad and accept anything that comes with it---As with trauma--these sensation are trapped in your body--I am reading The Body Keep The Score---quite  a eye opener for me--and validation as to why I was and still am stuck in the fight or flight mode--and constantly looking for safety/security. 

They do talk about morphed emotions in WD= guilt-shame-unexplained fear- ocd- obsessions ruminations--

Have either one of you read the story here on SA  What is Happening in Your Brain?  It's about a women who recovered from benzos--Altra equates all brain altering drugs do this to us

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Lamictal  taper  4/17/ 2022 25mg, 9/9/ 22 -20mg, 9/25/22- 15mg , 10/20/22-   0

Trazodone..2023.>down to 14mg, 7mg, 6mg  July 2023   0

Xanax  0.0625 3 x a day,  2023>  0.042 3x a day

Supplements  Magnesium glycinate, Omega 3, D3, vitamin c , zinc, NAC 

5 hours ago, Greatful said:

Hi Guys--I just wanted to pipe in about flashbacks---sometimes it is just a memory but a real flashback for me also involves

feeling like you are really  back intime/ memory--sensations-like you can almost smell the air--feel it on your skin-remember/or feel how felt at that time....I am learning to enjoy the good ones but the bad ones are a little more harder now I try to sit with the memory good or bad and accept anything that comes with it---As with trauma--these sensation are trapped in your body--I am reading The Body Keep The Score---quite  a eye opener for me--and validation as to why I was and still am stuck in the fight or flight mode--and constantly looking for safety/security. 

They do talk about morphed emotions in WD= guilt-shame-unexplained fear- ocd- obsessions ruminations--

Have either one of you read the story here on SA  What is Happening in Your Brain?  It's about a women who recovered from benzos--Altra equates all brain altering drugs do this to us

yes! I have read that article it was really helpful. I wouldn’t say mine are so much flashbacks but right now my brain associates everything it sees / hears with a memory which is very annoying. Like I’ll walk in my kitchen & my brain will think of memories that happened in my kitchen for example mainly bad ones. I’ve never had this before I took the pill. It’s like my brain is obsessed with bad memories & won’t be quiet about them. Like why not give me positive memories lol

• 1 year later...

I have been stuck in fight or flight for 18 months, since this whole mess started. Like you guys, this never, ever, happened before my med reaction.

I did have at times garden variety anxiety and a couple of panic attacks in my life. All of this is unprecedented.

It could be trauma to a degree that, in a sense, our experience with meds is mind shattering. 

I don't know, I'm just looking at what I can do for this besides waiting for it to go away...

December 2021 - Metoclopramide started. Akathisia symptoms start; Metoclopramide gets changed to PRN.

March 2022 - Akathisia diagnosed; Metoclopramide stopped; Propranolol 10mg x twice a day. Biperiden PRN (0.5mg to 1mg).

April 2022 - Tandospirone 30mg (10mg 3x day), Quetiapine 25mg (only taken once, immediate adr). Mirtazapine 7.5mg. . Discontinued Propranolol.

May 2022 - Mirtazapine upped to 15mg. Tandospirone cut to 2x 10mg. Low dose Depakote for the month; 100 to 200 to 100 to 0. Mirtazapine cut back to 11.75mg (3/4 of a 15mg pill).
June 2022 - Mirtazapine updose to 15mg. Tandospirone, Biperiden discontinued. Klonopin started PRN (0.5mg). 
September 2022 - Akathisia slowly starts improving, WD/ADR normal sets in in mid September. Hold for 4 months.
March 2023 - Off mirtazapine; no Klonopin for 5 months either! Started quercetin (250mg x 2) to soften the histamine rebound.

May 2023 - Stopped quercetin and changed from magnesium carbonate to oxide - reacted badly. Reverted back to carbonate. 
June 2023 - Added fish oil.
Current regimen: CALM Magnesium (Carbonate into Citrate) 175mg x2; Vitamin E 268mg x2; Fish oil (100mg Omega3; EPA 30mg; DHA 37mg)x2
Intro thread: 
https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/27095-portuguesesea-metoclopramide-akathisia-and-mirtazapine/

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy