was1011: Invega tapering

was1011

Hello folks, I am in urgent need of some advice. i am currently coming off of 100mg palperidone (invega) monthly injection, was on it for 7 months. I have been off of it for 3.5 months and can feel the glimmers of life slowly returning. I am using the half life of the drug to act as a self taper, but I have risperidone tablets standing by if i experience withdrawl symptoms down the road. My question is how do I calculate how much risperidone to take when the time of withdrawl comes.

palperidone 100mg since august september 2021. Stopped in March 15th 2022.

• ChessieCat changed the title to was1011: Invega tapering

Invega withdrawl success storys

Hello everyone,

I am currently coming of the invega injection (biggest mistake of my life). I feel emotionally, intellectually, creativity numb and this has been going on for 3.5 months following withdrawl. I wanted to ask if anyone out there has success storys of going off of this medication and returning to normal in regard to emotions, intellect, creativity. I need some hope.

My second question is as I automatically taper off of this drug (half life) I may experience withdrawl effects. In that situation how do I know how much risperdone tablets to take to help with the tapering.

Edited by ChessieCat
added Intro topic title before merging with intro topic

palperidone 100mg since august september 2021. Stopped in March 15th 2022.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi was1011 and welcome to SA,

I don't know much about Invega but there is information in Post #1 of this topic.

Please read it and ask any further questions you have here in your Introduction topic.  I will be notified when you make a post and if I cannot answer your questions I will ask the other staff for their assistance.  There is a link to a website where you can find the equivalency.  When you go to the webpage you will need to click on the relevant heading to see the text.

Tips for tapering off paliperidone (Invega)

Please create your drug signature by following these instructions:

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

This is your own Introduction topic which is the best place to ask questions specific to your own situation and journal your progress.  Doing this keeps your history in one place and means you don't have to repeat your story.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management