SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Metacognitive therapy. Potential temporary cure.

Heinz1903

Metacognitive training is one of the newer way of treating mental illnesses or anxiety disorders. Made by Adrian wells

it’s based on neuroscience and mindfulness. It’s a technique that has effect on ssri withdrawal, GAD, OCD and potentially depersonalization and Derealization.

the technique is used by many therapist but only certain places in the mental health system and in specific countries.

Basically it deactivates the fight or flight mode and makes me think rationally more often. I experience this more often

meta cognitive therapy works also great with ATT (Attention training technique). 

Recommend books:

pia callesen - think less feel more

videos of att

attention training technique 12 minutes as search term. Start with beginner.

disclaimer: deeper explanation follows soon

2014-2020 Haloperidol
2017-2021 Zoloft
2018-2021 Issues zoloft so i decreased on both Haloperidol

November 2020 Taper down Haloperidol(barely any issues)
March 2021 taper down from zoloft(alot of issues)
Zoloft taperdown from march till late june
25mg was my dosage, may 10mg(from 10 too 5 was hard), 5mg in end of june every lowar dosage gave me alot of issues. clean in end of june.

Withdrawal is a physical problem. The brain and body are going through serious changes trying to regain balance. The symptoms are not caused by the mind and they go far beyond the mind. I did some reading on this and i’m sure it might be helpful for people with mental illness but ssri withdrawal is not caused by mental illness.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy