PupperMintPatty

PupperMintPatty

@Shep Yes, I made an extensive amount of research on carnivore so that I can be as prepared as possible. This is helping me avoid many of the pitfalls that lots of people fall into. My progress is significant so far but not where I want to be yet. For now, I'll stick with it and move forward with faith that when I reintroduce carbs maybe it won't be too difficult of a transition.

• April to June 2015: Sertraline
  • 2016 to 2019: Cocktail of drugs: Trazodone, Fluoxitine, and Venlafaxine. Several cold turkeys during this period of time. Didn't stay on any drugs consistently, missed many doses and wouldn't take any for longer than a month or two.
  • June 2021: Gabapentin 800mg twice daily for a week then CT also AD that I'm having trouble remembering also only took for one week then CT
  • May 2022: Lorazepam .5mg daily for three weeks then CT. Also Citalopram 20mg for 2 weeks then CT.
  • July 1st 2022: about 1.5 months CT. Also decided to lower magnesium glycinate from 400mg to 200mg since I took note that it could interfere with recovery.
  • Dec. 25th 2022: about 7 months CT. No significant set-backs. Worst symptoms are mild to moderate brain zaps, irritability, mild to moderate anxiety/depression, and mild to moderate nerve pain. Taking electrolytes as needed and only managing symptoms with a Carnivore woe, sunlight, exercise, water, and deep sleep. This marks nearly 3 months of Carnivore so far.

Son of man look to the sky

Lift your spirit, set it free

Someday you'll walk tall with pride

Son of man A man in time you'll be. . .

• 2016 to 2019: Cocktail of drugs: Trazodone, Fluoxitine, and Venlafaxine. Several cold turkeys during this period of time. Didn't stay on any drugs consistently, missed many doses and wouldn't take any for longer than a month or two.
  • June 2021: Gabapentin 800mg twice daily for a week then CT also AD that I'm having trouble remembering also only took for one week then CT
  • May 2022: Lorazepam .5mg daily for three weeks then CT. Also Citalopram 20mg for 2 weeks then CT.
  • July 1st 2022: about 1.5 months CT. Also decided to lower magnesium glycinate from 400mg to 200mg since I took note that it could interfere with recovery.
  • Dec. 25th 2022: about 7 months CT. No significant set-backs. Worst symptoms are mild to moderate brain zaps, irritability, mild to moderate anxiety/depression, and mild to moderate nerve pain. Taking electrolytes as needed and only managing symptoms with a Carnivore woe, sunlight, exercise, water, and deep sleep. This marks nearly 3 months of Carnivore so far.

• 2 months later...

Hi Puppermint!  How is the diet going?  Are you still improving?

-Son

1995 - 2001 Wellbutrin & Effexor, 2001 Stop Effexor (CT), Start Celexa. 2009 Start Trazodone, 2010 Stop Celexa (fast taper), Start Cymbalta. 2014, 2016 Reductions in Dosages Cymbalta and Wellbutrin
2018 Started Slow Taper of Cymbalta from 30mg

2021 May Trazodone Dose drop from 75 to 50 - Started Muscle Cramping and Spasms
2021 July 5th Stopped Cymbalta After 3 YR Taper (No method, I removed beads based on how I was feeling.  Got down to 4 beads, or about 0.4mg before stopping)
2021 July 5th Stopped Wellbutrin cold turkey (was taking 75mg.  Over last week on Wellbutrin, I skipped days taking 100mg SR every other day).  Took last dose of Wellbutrin July 5th.  Severe WD Started July 17th.
2021 Aug 3rd:  Start Remeron 7.5mg at Night 

2021 Aug 23rd: Reinstated Wellbutrin 10mg AM / 10 mg PM, Stopped Remeron

2021 Aug 30th: Changed WB Dosing to 10mg AM / 5mg Mid Day / 8mg Early Evening

2021 Sept 1st: Reinstated Remeron 7.5mg for sleep

2021 Sept 14th: Changed WB to 10mg AM / 6mg Mid day / 6mg Early Evening, Jan 24: Changed WB to 9mg AM / 6mg Mid Day / 6mg PM

2021 Sept 21: Re-instated Cymbalta at 1 bead 2X a day, Oct 12:  Updosed to 2 beads AM, 1 bead PM, March 11:  Updosed 2 beads AM, 2 beads PM
Currently on Trazodone 50mg and Remeron 7.5mg.  Cymbalta 2 Beads (0.1mg) 2X Day 7AM and 6PM.  Wellbutrin 9mg AM / 6mg Mid day / 6mg Early Evening

Update: I came off of carnivore after about 4 months due to Electrolyte problems and loss of testosterone/ libido. Keto can be therapeutic but should only be done for short intervals of 2 - 3 months max.

I now do animal based which consists of non starchy fruit, raw honey and red ruminant meat. My goal is to eventually eat organs and dairy too as I continue to heal. I feel better and inflammation remains low despite eating more than 200 grams of carbs per day.

I'm only sharing my personal experience and am not giving advice to anyone. But if there's anything I can do to help, send me a message.