Diet and Healing

Shanti

• Administrator

merged similar topics

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

2 minutes ago, Ariel said:

@PupperMintPatty

No specific diet, as I said I make it up as I go along based on symptoms, which are ever in flux.

I've written a summary of sorts in my intro topic:

Ok, I understand. I used to be on Keto but quit because it was taking a toll on me mentally and emotionally. It did help but I also felt worse in certain ways. I think maybe it was too overwhelming at times. In thinking about trying it again in the future. 

• April to June 2015: Sertraline
  • 2016 to 2019: Cocktail of drugs: Trazodone, Fluoxitine, and Venlafaxine. Several cold turkeys during this period of time. Didn't stay on any drugs consistently, missed many doses and wouldn't take any for longer than a month or two.
  • June 2021: Gabapentin 800mg twice daily for a week then CT also AD that I'm having trouble remembering also only took for one week then CT
  • May 2022: Lorazepam .5mg daily for three weeks then CT. Also Citalopram 20mg for 2 weeks then CT.
  • July 1st 2022: about 1.5 months CT. Also decided to lower magnesium glycinate from 400mg to 200mg since I took note that it could interfere with recovery.
  • Dec. 25th 2022: about 7 months CT. No significant set-backs. Worst symptoms are mild to moderate brain zaps, irritability, mild to moderate anxiety/depression, and mild to moderate nerve pain. Taking electrolytes as needed and only managing symptoms with a Carnivore woe, sunlight, exercise, water, and deep sleep. This marks nearly 3 months of Carnivore so far.

49 minutes ago, PupperMintPatty said:

But you're currently doing better?

Yes I'm much better than last week. Still have lingering anxiety and depressive mood, my appetite slowly returned and libido also

- Late 2011/Early 2012? - Started celexa 10mg.

- Sometime in 2012? - Due to doctors advice, jumped to 20mg. Not sure when but doctor suggested 40mg. Tried it for a bit, did not like it, felt flat and had low libido so doctor told me to go down to 30mg.

- Started skipping 1 day or 2 days sometimes due to forgetting and hated being on drugs, felt it was a hassle. It became routine to skip one day and only take it when I felt withdrawal symptoms kick in like dizziness. Always took one 20mg pill and broke the second pill in half.

- May 17 2022, finally talked to my doctor about tapering. Suggested I take 10 mg everyday. Tried taking only 10mg, started getting dizzy, took another half tablet, got horrible anxiety that night. Got scared, had to stop and reinstate back to 30mg that night.

- May 18 2022 discovered and joined survivingantidepressants.org (woozy head and impaired balance lasted 1 week)

- May 19 2022, began trying a reduction, (still skipping a day). Though had no scale so was inaccurately cutting my pills. No idea what dose I was taking, 25-27mg?

- May 25 2022, bought a mg scale and started to better measure my dose. Tried 10% reduction, 27mg. (still skipping a day)

- Ending of May was when I started having horrible anxiety

- June 1 2022, finally started 13.5mg dose 8:15am, and began taking my dose everyday now

- went to 13.7mg after a few weeks and still on it currently. Still taking my dose everyday. went up to 14 on 11/6

Just now, Wanttofreemyself said:

Yes I'm much better than last week, my appetite slowly returned and libido also

That's good to hear.

• 2016 to 2019: Cocktail of drugs: Trazodone, Fluoxitine, and Venlafaxine. Several cold turkeys during this period of time. Didn't stay on any drugs consistently, missed many doses and wouldn't take any for longer than a month or two.
  • June 2021: Gabapentin 800mg twice daily for a week then CT also AD that I'm having trouble remembering also only took for one week then CT
  • May 2022: Lorazepam .5mg daily for three weeks then CT. Also Citalopram 20mg for 2 weeks then CT.
  • July 1st 2022: about 1.5 months CT. Also decided to lower magnesium glycinate from 400mg to 200mg since I took note that it could interfere with recovery.
  • Dec. 25th 2022: about 7 months CT. No significant set-backs. Worst symptoms are mild to moderate brain zaps, irritability, mild to moderate anxiety/depression, and mild to moderate nerve pain. Taking electrolytes as needed and only managing symptoms with a Carnivore woe, sunlight, exercise, water, and deep sleep. This marks nearly 3 months of Carnivore so far.

Are you feeling better or still struggling?

- Sometime in 2012? - Due to doctors advice, jumped to 20mg. Not sure when but doctor suggested 40mg. Tried it for a bit, did not like it, felt flat and had low libido so doctor told me to go down to 30mg.

- Started skipping 1 day or 2 days sometimes due to forgetting and hated being on drugs, felt it was a hassle. It became routine to skip one day and only take it when I felt withdrawal symptoms kick in like dizziness. Always took one 20mg pill and broke the second pill in half.

- May 17 2022, finally talked to my doctor about tapering. Suggested I take 10 mg everyday. Tried taking only 10mg, started getting dizzy, took another half tablet, got horrible anxiety that night. Got scared, had to stop and reinstate back to 30mg that night.

- May 18 2022 discovered and joined survivingantidepressants.org (woozy head and impaired balance lasted 1 week)

- May 19 2022, began trying a reduction, (still skipping a day). Though had no scale so was inaccurately cutting my pills. No idea what dose I was taking, 25-27mg?

- May 25 2022, bought a mg scale and started to better measure my dose. Tried 10% reduction, 27mg. (still skipping a day)

- June 1 2022, finally started 13.5mg dose 8:15am, and began taking my dose everyday now

- went to 13.7mg after a few weeks and still on it currently. Still taking my dose everyday. went up to 14 on 11/6

11 minutes ago, Wanttofreemyself said:

Are you feeling better or still struggling?

I feel slightly better and tired. I usually feel better towards the late evenings/ night time. 

1 hour ago, PupperMintPatty said:

I feel slightly better and tired. I usually feel better towards the late evenings/ night time. 

That's good that you're feeling slightly better. Sometimes at night is hard for me because of sleep anxiety.

I'm not out of the woods yet, every time I think I'm half way decent the anxiety and depressive mood crawls back in

50 minutes ago, Wanttofreemyself said:

That's good that you're feeling slightly better. Sometimes at night is hard for me because of sleep anxiety.

I'm not out of the woods yet, every time I think I'm half way decent the anxiety and depressive mood crawls back in

Man, that's tough to hear but I understand what you're saying. I struggle with a lot of health anxiety - Hypochondria tendencies. Lately, I've been getting a lot of intrusive thoughts of wanting to end myself and they're more difficult at night when I lie in bed. It's almost like they're louder. Probably because I don't have anything to distract myself with. 

4 hours ago, PupperMintPatty said:

Are you on any specific diet? And what do you do for exercise? I walk for about 30 minutes every day. 

No specific diet, but I favor antihistamine and anti inflammatory and antioxidant foods. No sugar, caffeine, alcohol.  I have celiac and lactose intolerance so no gluten or dairy.  No beans including peanuts and peas.  Certain fruits like pineapple and oranges can be bothersome.  No simple grains like white rice or corn.  CORN is horrible for the brain. But everything else is fair game:) 😂 my preferred method is swimming, but walking will do preferably power walking on soft earthy ground (joint pain).  I’ve recently begun reincorporating some light weight training but that’s only because I nearly had the training schedule of a pro athlete before WD.

2007-Prozac then off replaced with Zoloft 

2008- Off Zoloft replaced with Fluvoxamine 

2008-2009 50mg Fluvoxamine 

2009-2020 150mg Fluvoxamine 

2013-14 addition of Lexapro and Zyprexa

2015 back to only Fluvoxamine 

2019-2021 additional 150mg Wellbutrin 

2020-present taper off Fluvoxamine and Wellbutrin 

2022 - mid-February - last dose 25 mg Wellbutrin

July 2021 25 (12.5 twice a day) mg Fluvoxamine hold

switch to compounded XR 12.5 mg Fluvoxamine capsules twice a day mid July 2022

Magnesium, Fish Oil, microdose CBD 

32 minutes ago, PupperMintPatty said:

Man, that's tough to hear but I understand what you're saying. I struggle with a lot of health anxiety - Hypochondria tendencies. Lately, I've been getting a lot of intrusive thoughts of wanting to end myself and they're more difficult at night when I lie in bed. It's almost like they're louder. Probably because I don't have anything to distract myself with. 

You are not alone in having those thoughts… I do too.  I think a lot of us do.  It’s really tough.  Humans are not evolved to confront a problem such as this, it is so unnatural in an anthropological sense, and it is completely because of the actions of the drug and NOT you.  So stick with the coping techniques, and always reach out for help. ❤️

2007-Prozac then off replaced with Zoloft 

2008- Off Zoloft replaced with Fluvoxamine 

2008-2009 50mg Fluvoxamine 

2009-2020 150mg Fluvoxamine 

2013-14 addition of Lexapro and Zyprexa

2015 back to only Fluvoxamine 

2019-2021 additional 150mg Wellbutrin 

2020-present taper off Fluvoxamine and Wellbutrin 

2022 - mid-February - last dose 25 mg Wellbutrin

July 2021 25 (12.5 twice a day) mg Fluvoxamine hold

switch to compounded XR 12.5 mg Fluvoxamine capsules twice a day mid July 2022

Magnesium, Fish Oil, microdose CBD 

19 minutes ago, Mdawg said:

You are not alone in having those thoughts… I do too.  I think a lot of us do.  It’s really tough.  Humans are not evolved to confront a problem such as this, it is so unnatural in an anthropological sense, and it is completely because of the actions of the drug and NOT you.  So stick with the coping techniques, and always reach out for help. ❤️

Thank you for replying. I really do 

24 minutes ago, Mdawg said:

No specific diet, but I favor antihistamine and anti inflammatory and antioxidant foods. No sugar, caffeine, alcohol.  I have celiac and lactose intolerance so no gluten or dairy.  No beans including peanuts and peas.  Certain fruits like pineapple and oranges can be bothersome.  No simple grains like white rice or corn.  CORN is horrible for the brain. But everything else is fair game:) 😂 my preferred method is swimming, but walking will do preferably power walking on soft earthy ground (joint pain).  I’ve recently begun reincorporating some light weight training but that’s only because I nearly had the training schedule of a pro athlete before WD.

Thank you for replying. Your words of encouragement truly do help. I admire you for keeping up your exercise routine as well as your diet. 

5 hours ago, PupperMintPatty said:

I'm sorry about that, I don't have health anxiety but I struggle with ocd. just remember it's just bad thoughts that's formed through misery and anxiety. Let me know if you ever have problems

Thank you for your support. I think I'm in a window today. Still experiencing intrusive thoughts but feel calmer. 

• 2 weeks later...

@PupperMintPatty how are you now, still in a window?

• 2 months later...

(Moved from the Intro section - original title: New information about diet and mental health!)

Hello all,  I want to share with everyone here some new information about the link between the food we eat and the effects on our mental health.  Here is a link to a website that has a variety of helpful info:  https://www.diagnosisdiet.com/blog-parent/category/depression  

I am having a better day today, so thought I would try to get this info on the forum and see what you think.  I have concluded that the invention of all SSRIs and other brain drugs is in response to a primary factor.  The chemical processing of the food we consume has and will continue to plague people with mental health issues, now at epidemic levels. There are several good you tube videos talking about this.  Try telling this to your shrink!  Quite laughable!  LOL!

I am still struggling to overcome my 25+ years of taking Prozac and Zoloft and I have learned much about this here on this site just in the past few days. It has been helpful to realize that many of the bizarre symptoms I have are caused by withdrawal from these drugs.  I was mistakenly thinking these were just age-related but was always a bit suspicious that the withdrawal could be the cause.  I had a horrible day yesterday because I had not gotten any sleep, but today I feel much better, so I thought I would put this information up for everyone to evaluate.   I do not mean to push anything on to anyone or pour cold water on anything, I have had some success by changing how I eat and just wanted to share what I have learned.  It might help in this struggle to be free.

Edited by Shep
added original title after moving from intro thread)

Started prozac 1987

Switched to zoloft 2007 till quit

This is very interesting. Thank you for the info. How about eggs, potatoes, and green beans?

Prozac 10mg 1990-1999    -1999-2018 Effexor XR 75 mg capsules

-2018 Dr direct switched me from Effexor 75XR to Cymbalta 20mg XR and 20 mg Metoprolol following irregular heartbeat incident  -Late 2019 began worsening anxiety/ depression symptoms     -2020 Dr direct switched  back to 75 mg Effex XR   Symptoms worsened   -2021 Changed Dr and began therapy for GAD and worsening physical symptoms   -2022 Found this forum and began slow taper by removing beads -    6/7 - 6/10 Effexor 73.2mg  6/11-6/14  Effexor 72.9mg   nightmares, tinnitus, anxiety;  6/15- Effexor XR 72.6mg  6/16 - 6/20 Effexor XR 72.8   nausea, heart palpitations, anxiety, tinnitus 6/22-7/4 hold Effexor XR 72.9-73.1     7/5-7/11  Effexor XR 72.62  7/12 - 7/15  Effexor 72.6  bad symptoms 

7/16-7/17 Effexor XR upped to 72.9  7/18 Effexor XR 72.9  most symptoms gone  hold at 72.9 - 73.0   8/26 - 9/6  Trying to keep dosage under 73. Holding around 72.9 sometime 72.86 due to bead count  Having symptoms most days.

9/6-9/23    Holding at about 72.9-73. Still very ill. No improvement.

9/23 - 11/23  Still keeping dose around 72.9-73

11-23-Jan 14   Held until one week ago. Dropped to 72.75-72.81  terrible WD

1/14- present   Worse WD symptoms. Back to 73.10. Cannot seem to stabilize. 

2/2 - present Holding at about 73 hoping to stabilize  

3/19 - present Dropped to aprox 92.9-92.88. (vary from day to day.) Holding 

Take only Clarinex 5mg for allergies and the Effexor 73 XR. I cannot take any supplements. No caffeine, sugar, soy, gluten, dairy.

Rmce72a,  Eggs are really good for you, Potatoes, not so much.  Beans can be problematic, it depends a lot on the individual.  There is starting to be lots more available info on the different types of foods and the various complications.  Read as much as you can on the link I posted and there are many good you tube videos as well.  The first thing I did was stop all sugar it is the worst and it is in everything. Then stop all refined seed oils (these are in everything too) only healthy fats real butter, olive oil,  are very good, our brains are made of mostly fat, so good healthy fats are good.  I then stopped all bread, grains and flour.  I had suffered from Crohn's disease and it has since gone away after the bread stoppage.  Do not listen to the phony food pyramid crap it is a lie, and is killing us and making the corporate food industry rich.  My blood tests have shown dramatic improvement with weight loss and lowered ldl and tryglycerides, I was pre diabetic but lost 35lbs in the first two months. And feel so much better, I think my withdrawal has also been easier because of it too.

Started prozac 1987

Thank you! I, too, have cut out caffeine, dairy, gluten, sugar and I think it has helped my stomach issues. I have been reading various Websites and recommendations for low histamine foods, and I have found a lot of conflicting info. Some say potatoes and eggs are ok, and others say no. Apparently egg white are high histamine. Who knew? 

I have also been taking AD for 25 years, Effexor 75 XR for the last 22. I was prescribed it originally for muscle and joint pain associated with allergies. I took allergy shots for 15 years but I still have allergies. I also have taken Clarine through the years to help, but Alto suggests that taking an antihistamine might not be wise in withdrawal, so I stopped taking it last week and have begun a low histamine diet.

Because of allergies, my diet is pretty restricted anyway, but now even more so. Until this week, I have been eating baked chicken or beef, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs (for protein) and green beans mostly. I also have been eating gluten-free bread and crackers, but reading the ingredients, I have even stopped that too. I tried squash last night for dinner instead of potatoes but had high tinnitus all evening it. I use only soy-free margarine. I have always struggled with fresh fruits and veggies.

Supplements don't agree with me, and magnesium make my anxiety worse. I know that my body needs more nutrition that it is getting, but I'm really not sure what to eat. I've lost 28 points in the last 7 months, and I really shouldn't lose much more. What a mess!

Thank you again for your valuable info. Take care.

Prozac 10mg 1990-1999    -1999-2018 Effexor XR 75 mg capsules

-2018 Dr direct switched me from Effexor 75XR to Cymbalta 20mg XR and 20 mg Metoprolol following irregular heartbeat incident  -Late 2019 began worsening anxiety/ depression symptoms     -2020 Dr direct switched  back to 75 mg Effex XR   Symptoms worsened   -2021 Changed Dr and began therapy for GAD and worsening physical symptoms   -2022 Found this forum and began slow taper by removing beads -    6/7 - 6/10 Effexor 73.2mg  6/11-6/14  Effexor 72.9mg   nightmares, tinnitus, anxiety;  6/15- Effexor XR 72.6mg  6/16 - 6/20 Effexor XR 72.8   nausea, heart palpitations, anxiety, tinnitus 6/22-7/4 hold Effexor XR 72.9-73.1     7/5-7/11  Effexor XR 72.62  7/12 - 7/15  Effexor 72.6  bad symptoms 

7/16-7/17 Effexor XR upped to 72.9  7/18 Effexor XR 72.9  most symptoms gone  hold at 72.9 - 73.0   8/26 - 9/6  Trying to keep dosage under 73. Holding around 72.9 sometime 72.86 due to bead count  Having symptoms most days.

9/6-9/23    Holding at about 72.9-73. Still very ill. No improvement.

9/23 - 11/23  Still keeping dose around 72.9-73

11-23-Jan 14   Held until one week ago. Dropped to 72.75-72.81  terrible WD

1/14- present   Worse WD symptoms. Back to 73.10. Cannot seem to stabilize. 

2/2 - present Holding at about 73 hoping to stabilize  

3/19 - present Dropped to aprox 92.9-92.88. (vary from day to day.) Holding 

Take only Clarinex 5mg for allergies and the Effexor 73 XR. I cannot take any supplements. No caffeine, sugar, soy, gluten, dairy.

I don't claim to be an expert in any of this, so I don't want to evaluate what anybody is eating.  There are enough people speaking out now about this, that a wealth of info is beginning to accumulate, I have educated myself about it by just reading as much as I could find.  I would have to congratulate you on the work you have done so far!  If there is one thing however I noticed is that you are eating margarine.  I think you should reevaluate this and move over to real butter.  As I understand it, margarine is not good for us.  I would also recommend you view Dr. Sten Ekberg on you tube, he has many helpful videos.

Started prozac 1987

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to give an update on my transition to the Carnivore diet.  I started dropping foods from my diet in February 2022 and am now eating only beef as of September 2022.  I eat 2-3 fatty steaks a day and lots of salt and water.  I'm doing an all-beef diet right now to try to work on my histamine issues. The goal is for my body to settle and then start to slowly introduce foods and see how my body does.  I don't plan on eating all beef for a long period of time.  I'm consulting a nutritionist at this point.

I'm still hiving up here and there, but I just stopped taking Claritin so I'm hoping my body will settle within a month.  I've noticed continued improvement throughout my diet changes over the past year.  I few downturns here and there that have always resolved.  My body is in a transition stage right now, so I currently have diarrhea.  This apparently is typical and should resolve and I don't find it particularly disturbing.

Hope everyone is doing well when using food as medicine!

Take care,

Crochet

2012-present - Escitalopram currently 2.55 mg

Supplements:  Daytime- Green Lipped Mussel 1200mg, Omega-3s 1710mg, Wheat Germ Oil 770mg, Sodium Butyrate 1.2g, Phosphatidylcholine 2600mg, Multi-Min 2 tablets, Liposomal Glutathione 4 pumps, Probiotic 1 capsule, Beyond Balance herbal tinctures for lyme and gut healing (including one only taken during menstruation); Nighttime - L-theanine 200mg, melatonin 1mg, magnesium glycinate 400mg.

History:

2012-2017- Escitalopram 10mg

2017-2020 - Escitalopram 5mg

07/2019-11/2019 - Valium 10mg, every 2-3 days, then stopped

11/2020 - Stopped Escitalopram 5mg abruptly (crashed January 2021)

1/2021-12/2021 - Escitalopram Reinstated 2.5mg to 5 to 10 to 7.5 and then started slow taper

1/2021-2/2021 - Ativan .5mg - Took 13.5 pills over the course of 22 days and stopped

2/2021-9/2021  Hydroxyzine - 50-100mg tapering down to .8mg, then cross-tapered to Claritin and stopped

9/2021-9/2022 - Claritin 5 mg (tapered off)

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update - I'm no longer doing the all-meat diet.  My period came and the usual symptoms were worse than normal.  I felt very nauseous and just ill.  My body would not let me eat meat. When I tried to, I would gag.  With this experience plus 5 weeks of sludgy diarrhea and losing about 10 lbs, I decided my body wanted me to stop.  I think some would say that you just need to push through, but I was bordering on non-functional and I do not want to go there again.  I started sipping on meat/veggie broths and ginger tea and have been feeling much better.  Because I want to use food to heal, I'm transitioning over to the GAPS diet.  I see there is another post for this particular diet, so I'll put an update there once I have more to report.  Good luck to everyone experimenting with diet!

Take care,

Crochet

Supplements:  Daytime- Green Lipped Mussel 1200mg, Omega-3s 1710mg, Wheat Germ Oil 770mg, Sodium Butyrate 1.2g, Phosphatidylcholine 2600mg, Multi-Min 2 tablets, Liposomal Glutathione 4 pumps, Probiotic 1 capsule, Beyond Balance herbal tinctures for lyme and gut healing (including one only taken during menstruation); Nighttime - L-theanine 200mg, melatonin 1mg, magnesium glycinate 400mg.

History:

1/2021-12/2021 - Escitalopram Reinstated 2.5mg to 5 to 10 to 7.5 and then started slow taper

1/2021-2/2021 - Ativan .5mg - Took 13.5 pills over the course of 22 days and stopped

2/2021-9/2021  Hydroxyzine - 50-100mg tapering down to .8mg, then cross-tapered to Claritin and stopped

• 5 months later...

Hi Crochet, how is your diet going?   Any update on GAPS or final verdict in Carnivore?

son

1995 - 2001 Wellbutrin & Effexor, 2001 Stop Effexor (CT), Start Celexa. 2009 Start Trazodone, 2010 Stop Celexa (fast taper), Start Cymbalta. 2014, 2016 Reductions in Dosages Cymbalta and Wellbutrin
2018 Started Slow Taper of Cymbalta from 30mg

2021 May Trazodone Dose drop from 75 to 50 - Started Muscle Cramping and Spasms
2021 July 5th Stopped Cymbalta After 3 YR Taper (No method, I removed beads based on how I was feeling.  Got down to 4 beads, or about 0.4mg before stopping)
2021 July 5th Stopped Wellbutrin cold turkey (was taking 75mg.  Over last week on Wellbutrin, I skipped days taking 100mg SR every other day).  Took last dose of Wellbutrin July 5th.  Severe WD Started July 17th.
2021 Aug 3rd:  Start Remeron 7.5mg at Night 

2021 Aug 23rd: Reinstated Wellbutrin 10mg AM / 10 mg PM, Stopped Remeron

2021 Aug 30th: Changed WB Dosing to 10mg AM / 5mg Mid Day / 8mg Early Evening

2021 Sept 1st: Reinstated Remeron 7.5mg for sleep

2021 Sept 14th: Changed WB to 10mg AM / 6mg Mid day / 6mg Early Evening, Jan 24: Changed WB to 9mg AM / 6mg Mid Day / 6mg PM

2021 Sept 21: Re-instated Cymbalta at 1 bead 2X a day, Oct 12:  Updosed to 2 beads AM, 1 bead PM, March 11:  Updosed 2 beads AM, 2 beads PM
Currently on Trazodone 50mg and Remeron 7.5mg.  Cymbalta 2 Beads (0.1mg) 2X Day 7AM and 6PM.  Wellbutrin 9mg AM / 6mg Mid day / 6mg Early Evening

@SonSetFree Hi Son! Thanks for asking. I'm still sticking with the GAPS diet. It feels like a better fit for me than carnivore. I eat 4-6 cups of meat stock a day (chicken, cow or fish) along with the meaty bones from these animals. I eat plenty of vegetables with lots of butter or coconut oil. I make my own kefir and sour cream and do kefir smoothies each day. I make my own sauerkraut and pickles and enjoy them. I have a little bit of honey, fruit or nuts sometimes. When I started juicing vegetables and eating introducing fruit, I started to regress. I also started having nightmares where I felt physical pain in the dream, which definitely felt like my body was trying to tell me something.  So I stopped juicing and the fruit and put myself back into ketosis. I seem to do better in ketosis. For some people, being in ketosis seems to help for whatever reason, and for others, eliminating all food but meat seems to help. It's a strange thing! 

History:

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2023 at 9:18 PM, Crochet said:

seem to do better in ketosis

Fascinating thanks for your thorough response!  My sugar cravings have been rough lately. I need some discipline for this kind of diet for sure. 

1995 - 2001 Wellbutrin & Effexor, 2001 Stop Effexor (CT), Start Celexa. 2009 Start Trazodone, 2010 Stop Celexa (fast taper), Start Cymbalta. 2014, 2016 Reductions in Dosages Cymbalta and Wellbutrin
2018 Started Slow Taper of Cymbalta from 30mg

2021 May Trazodone Dose drop from 75 to 50 - Started Muscle Cramping and Spasms
2021 July 5th Stopped Cymbalta After 3 YR Taper (No method, I removed beads based on how I was feeling.  Got down to 4 beads, or about 0.4mg before stopping)
2021 July 5th Stopped Wellbutrin cold turkey (was taking 75mg.  Over last week on Wellbutrin, I skipped days taking 100mg SR every other day).  Took last dose of Wellbutrin July 5th.  Severe WD Started July 17th.
2021 Aug 3rd:  Start Remeron 7.5mg at Night 

2021 Aug 23rd: Reinstated Wellbutrin 10mg AM / 10 mg PM, Stopped Remeron

2021 Aug 30th: Changed WB Dosing to 10mg AM / 5mg Mid Day / 8mg Early Evening

2021 Sept 1st: Reinstated Remeron 7.5mg for sleep

2021 Sept 14th: Changed WB to 10mg AM / 6mg Mid day / 6mg Early Evening, Jan 24: Changed WB to 9mg AM / 6mg Mid Day / 6mg PM

2021 Sept 21: Re-instated Cymbalta at 1 bead 2X a day, Oct 12:  Updosed to 2 beads AM, 1 bead PM, March 11:  Updosed 2 beads AM, 2 beads PM
Currently on Trazodone 50mg and Remeron 7.5mg.  Cymbalta 2 Beads (0.1mg) 2X Day 7AM and 6PM.  Wellbutrin 9mg AM / 6mg Mid day / 6mg Early Evening

@SonSetFree Sugar cravings are a thing and can be stronger for some people than others for various reasons. Not sure if this will work for you or not based on your situation. If I had a craving, I could usually work through it and abstain, but sometimes the craving was particularly strong, so I would dip just the tip of a teaspoon in honey and that would do the trick. The GAPS diet allows for a little sweetness from fruit or honey, so just a little bit here and there works for me.

History:

• 7 months later...

I made a discovery 20 days ago exactly today. Three plant powders mixed with water took away my withdrawal 95% on antipsychotics. I was letting 6 months of invega 234mg monthly injection shots wear off and I got to a really bad point of fast thinking after the 33rd day it escalated to a great amount and at that point I started a low MG pill of invega because I knew I was heading in the decompensating direction and it was getting really bad. So since I had positive experiences with these plant powders individually I tried 3 of them mixed together. I recovered about 95% of the fast thinking every few hours I would take the plant powders and it restored a sense of normalness of mind too after about 14 days of taking it but I noticed positive changes earlier. This spurred me to buy a lot of the plants and plant powders I had experimented with before and benefitted from and also start up juicing organic carrots and beets (CalOrganic). I also started blending organic power greens from trader Joe's in my spice grinder as it's the only glass chemical polish free chopping tool I know of. I've been regularly taking these plant powders for stress - the 3 mixtures help with that also on top of curing my fast thinking. I take one other plant powder for anxiety which helps 99% of the time. You have to know what company's to buy from when you buy organic plants as medicine because so many are careless in the way they use chemicals around it and plants with bad organic fertilizers and pesticides won't help either. 

It spurred me to buy a lot of plants I have positive experiences with (not Marijuana or drugs for my American friends who think God created 1 plant the Marijuana and then he created western medicine). Anyway I wasn't going to share because I only have taken antipsychotics and don't know how any of this effects AD users and I don't want to be a bad influence but I thought this was an interesting personal experience of mine and I would share there are plants out there that help (not Marijuana stay far away from that plant)

20231118_154356_11zon(1).thumb.jpg.7fabfae13b3c3081410fed374817c173.jpg

IMG_20200330_124231_360x.jpg?v=158559736

20231128_092949.jpg

2346785667.jpg.3d74b33b64ac5cb4fa40db963385766c.jpg

https://friendsforpeers.angelfire.com/Index.html - my website and discord server

Zyprexa (not sure what mg) But got off after a month of being put on in hospital. early 2007 Respirodol (experienced ackathesia so got off in 4 - 6 months from a 6mg dose) Later 2007 tried Seroquel but got offbecause didn't like it.  Later 2007 tried Abilify but had ackathesia, got off2008 - 2015 Unmedicated but on Serequel 800mg when hospitalized   Later 2015 - Unmedicated but put on Prolixyn when hospitalized (Had very uncomfortable stiffness so got off immediately when out of hospital)2016 Unmedicated but put on Haldol when hospitalized (caused Seizures and stiffness couldn't lay down for 3 days until taken off) Later 2016Tried Zyprexa irregular dosesEarly 2017 Put on Zyprexa 15mg stayed on 15 mg until 2020 January 2020 Zyprexa 15mg didn't seem to be working so increased to Zyprexa 20mgOctober - December 2020 Reduced Zyprexa from 20 mg to 15mg to 10mg to 7.5mg to 5mg to 2.5mg. Hospitalized January 1st 2021March 2021 15mg Zyprexa April 12.5mg Zyprexa  May, June and July 10mg Zyprexa, August 7.5mg Zyprexa, September 1st toOctober 23th 2021 5mg Zyprexa.  October 23rd - December 13th 3.75mg Zyprexa December 13th - January 12th 3.1mg Zyprexa HOSPITALIZED FOR 4.5 MONTHS put on 10mg then 15mg then 20mg of Zyprexa (Givenlong acting injection of Thorazine as well).  May 23rd 2022 Reduced from 20mg to 17.5mg Zyprexa, June 9th 15mg started nighttime. April 2023 taken off Zyprexa cold turkey and put on two monthly injections of Invega Sustena.

Quote from a book: 

"Never before in human history have our systems of detoxification been under such constant strain as they are today. We are exposed to literally tens of thousands of novel human-manufactured toxins in the air we breathe, the food we eat, and the water we drink. Add to this alcohol, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, preservatives, and artificial ingredients in food, and what you have is a real mess. When our bodies are inundated with both normal metabolic wastes as well as these potent external toxins, our detoxification organs are being asked to go way above and beyond what they are designed to do. Supporting these overburdened organs is essential. Using plants to help cleanse the body of wastes and toxins is a key strategy for prevention and healing"

https://friendsforpeers.angelfire.com/Index.html - my website and discord server

Zyprexa (not sure what mg) But got off after a month of being put on in hospital. early 2007 Respirodol (experienced ackathesia so got off in 4 - 6 months from a 6mg dose) Later 2007 tried Seroquel but got offbecause didn't like it.  Later 2007 tried Abilify but had ackathesia, got off2008 - 2015 Unmedicated but on Serequel 800mg when hospitalized   Later 2015 - Unmedicated but put on Prolixyn when hospitalized (Had very uncomfortable stiffness so got off immediately when out of hospital)2016 Unmedicated but put on Haldol when hospitalized (caused Seizures and stiffness couldn't lay down for 3 days until taken off) Later 2016Tried Zyprexa irregular dosesEarly 2017 Put on Zyprexa 15mg stayed on 15 mg until 2020 January 2020 Zyprexa 15mg didn't seem to be working so increased to Zyprexa 20mgOctober - December 2020 Reduced Zyprexa from 20 mg to 15mg to 10mg to 7.5mg to 5mg to 2.5mg. Hospitalized January 1st 2021March 2021 15mg Zyprexa April 12.5mg Zyprexa  May, June and July 10mg Zyprexa, August 7.5mg Zyprexa, September 1st toOctober 23th 2021 5mg Zyprexa.  October 23rd - December 13th 3.75mg Zyprexa December 13th - January 12th 3.1mg Zyprexa HOSPITALIZED FOR 4.5 MONTHS put on 10mg then 15mg then 20mg of Zyprexa (Givenlong acting injection of Thorazine as well).  May 23rd 2022 Reduced from 20mg to 17.5mg Zyprexa, June 9th 15mg started nighttime. April 2023 taken off Zyprexa cold turkey and put on two monthly injections of Invega Sustena.

Since Americans are dumb when it comes to plants I figure I need to say what's in my plant box picture. 

Cause for what ungodly reason people in America only eat plants for drugs and than eat factory man made trash the rest of the time. 

Well I don't want to share my plant ideas openly because pharmaceutical company's might watch this website since its public and attack the organic company's selling herbs on Amazon in order to protect their poisonous man made drug profits since they're bankrupting this whole economy selling their trash at high levels. Then of course I don't want the enterprising pharmaceutical people ruining the organic plant sellers by trying to distill the plants and sell the resulting trash for billions of dollars which will ruin the natural avenues to get the plants and raise the prices astronomically so that a person on social security like me can't afford it. Or the health food nuts that make a plant popular raising the prices to ridiculous levels and growing it unnaturally in buckets in their back yard to sell as "organic" to make lots of cash again ruining it for me. 

So I have to say for my American friends who are dumb when it comes to plants I own no drugs or Marijuana and do not advocate their use. 

I made a discovery 20 days ago exactly today. Three plant powders mixed with water took away my withdrawal 95% on antipsychotics. I was letting 6 months of invega 234mg monthly injection shots wear off and I got to a really bad point of fast thinking after the 33rd day it escalated to a great amount and at that point I started a low MG pill of invega because I knew I was heading in the decompensating direction and it was getting really bad. So since I had positive experiences with these plant powders individually I tried 3 of them mixed together. I recovered about 95% of the fast thinking every few hours I would take the plant powders and it restored a sense of normalness of mind too after about 14 days of taking it but I noticed positive changes earlier. This spurred me to buy a lot of the plants and plant powders I had experimented with before and benefitted from and also start up juicing organic carrots and beets (CalOrganic). I also started blending organic power greens from trader Joe's in my spice grinder as it's the only glass chemical polish free chopping tool I know of. I've been regularly taking these plant powders for stress - the 3 mixtures help with that also on top of curing my fast thinking. I take one other plant powder for anxiety which helps 99% of the time. You have to know what company's to buy from when you buy organic plants as medicine because so many are careless in the way they use chemicals around it and plants with bad organic fertilizers and pesticides won't help either. 

It spurred me to buy a lot of plants I have positive experiences with (not Marijuana or drugs for my American friends who think God created 1 plant the Marijuana and then he created western medicine). Anyway I wasn't going to share because I only have taken antipsychotics and don't know how any of this effects AD users and I don't want to be a bad influence but I thought this was an interesting personal experience of mine and I would share there are plants out there that help (not Marijuana stay far away from that plant)

Quote from a book: 

"Never before in human history have our systems of detoxification been under such constant strain as they are today. We are exposed to literally tens of thousands of novel human-manufactured toxins in the air we breathe, the food we eat, and the water we drink. Add to this alcohol, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, preservatives, and artificial ingredients in food, and what you have is a real mess. When our bodies are inundated with both normal metabolic wastes as well as these potent external toxins, our detoxification organs are being asked to go way above and beyond what they are designed to do. Supporting these overburdened organs is essential. Using plants to help cleanse the body of wastes and toxins is a key strategy for prevention and healing"

(Disclaimer:please don't think I'm talking about Marijuana or drugs or get triggered to try those things. They are bad for you!)

• 3 months later...

At the moment for me I find even accidentally skipping a day of Sertraline enough to get extreme/horrific nightmares, feeling of being off-balance, and general grogginess.

Are there any foods people would recommend reaching for (and to be honest, any other strategies) to manage these withdrawal effects?

Usually these feelings go away after a day or two back taking it regularly, but during these spells of feeling awful, I'd like to be able to manage them better.

Sertraline (Zoloft):

2017-2021 150mg (including titration period)

Jan-Feb 2021 (failed) attempt #1 to taper off (got down to 100mg, withdrawal unbearable at 75mg)

Mar 2021-Jan 2022 125mg

Feb 2022-present Sertraline 100mg

Lisdexamphetamine (Elvanse/Vyvanse):

April 2022-present 50mg (including titration period)

Dexamphetamine sulfate (Dexedrine/dextroamphetamine):

July 2022-present 5-10mg as needed

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy