SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Margaret1: an attempt to discontinue paroxetine

Margaret1

It has been almost two months since I went from 30 mg paroxetine to 20 mg. When I feel the depressed moods now they are worse but when I am not feeling them I feel more stable and calmer now. It is a relief to feel this way. I take a deep breath in and think how fortunate I am to of gotten off the  psychiatric medications I was on and being able to lower the paroxetine dose from 40 mg to 20 mg. I have not gone into panic mode and am grateful for this. My sleep is good when I walk about 8 miles in a day but otherwise it is fleeting. I am tempted to begin taking the trazodone again for sleep sometimes but know this will only make sleeping well in the long term difficult. I am showing up for work, which is not intellectually challenging, which is probably good in this first year of withdrawing. I do not drink alcohol because it is a depressant. And I try to eat a plant based diet with some meat. I listen to relaxation videos on YouTube and try to engage in mindfulness activities. 
mid I go into panic attacks again I will probably raise my paroxetine from 20 to 30 mg but until then I plan to stay at 20 mg. Beginning 11-25-22, assuming all is going well, I will begin to taper off from paroxetine from 20 mg to 17.5 mg. I have been thinking of upping my exercise from walking three miles per day to 5 but don’t want to over do it. Also, I am still drinking one cup of coffee a day and sometimes go over that amount which then causes insomnia unless I have excessively exercised. 
I am considering going to talk therapy. Also, my neck muscles are painful  and I have been having issues with muscle tightness. 

50 mg shot haloperidol once monthly 

15 mg mirtazapine daily 

previous: 40 mg  paxil for 20 years, 100 mg trazodone, 200 mg seroquel, b complex 100, vitamin d3, magnesium, Keto diet please see dr berg

Had excellent sleep last night. First time since stopping trazodone ten days ago. I think the 20 mg of paroxetine I am presently taking, the only medicine I take other than fish oil, vitamin c and zinc, has the side effect of tiredness. When I drink green tea instead of coffee I think it must pass through your system quicker because I sleep better when I drink that. 
again, I think my mind is leveling out because I’m not as sensitive to light, sounds, smells. Also, I stopped drinking alcohol. For this really has a powerful effect on serotonin I think. The next day I would feel very anxious and depressed. 
I haven’t been eating as healthy as I should be. I’m eating sweets, greasy foods, white flour and salty snacks. In fact, I love shaking himilaylan pink salt into my hand and chewing on it. I may be overdoing the salt. 

15 mg mirtazapine daily 

previous: 40 mg  paxil for 20 years, 100 mg trazodone, 200 mg seroquel, b complex 100, vitamin d3, magnesium, Keto diet please see dr berg

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Margaret1 said:

Also, I stopped drinking alcohol.

We advise people who have withdrawal symptoms not to drink any alcohol, this could make withdrawal symptoms worse. 

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I have been thinking about lowering 20 mg paroxetine dose to 15 mg now instead of waiting for 11-25-22. Maybe three months since my last lowering of the dose has been a long enough wait? 
slept very well last night with dramatic dreaming. I’m actually getting tired at night and falling asleep and then waking up in the morning and having a cup of coffee. 
I do worry about my waves though. The depression is worsening but the windows provide relief. 

15 mg mirtazapine daily 

I have decided to begin lowering my paroxetine dose sooner than later. I am sleeping good now and having almost three months of staying at 20 mg I’ve decided to go to 10 mg. I will stay on 10 mg until 11-25-22 when I will go down from there very slowly. I know it is not recommended to go from 20 mg to 10 mg I need to get off paroxetine sooner than later because of high resting heart rate. My heart rate is at around 100 beats per minute while resting! I noticed it when I went to donate blood and I had to wait some time before my heart rate was able to lower enough. Also, when I am laying down and going to sleep I notice it beating very loudly and fast. My heart was not like this before I went on this drug. 

15 mg mirtazapine daily 

Also, I no longer take trazodone so need this removed from my drug signature. 

15 mg mirtazapine daily 

• Moderator Emeritus
4 hours ago, Margaret1 said:

Also, I no longer take trazodone so need this removed from my drug signature. 

Do not remove it, but state that you no longer take it.  We need to be able to see your drug history.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus
8 hours ago, Margaret1 said:

I have decided to begin lowering my paroxetine dose sooner than later. I am sleeping good now and having almost three months of staying at 20 mg I’ve decided to go to 10 mg. I will stay on 10 mg until 11-25-22 when I will go down from there very slowly. I know it is not recommended to go from 20 mg to 10 mg I need to get off paroxetine sooner than later

You are correct that it is not recommended here to go from 20mg to 10 in one drop. 

The entire reason for this site is to help people survive such a thing and to support them as they safely taper at a rate of no more than 10percent of current dose per month.

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

• Administrator
On 7/9/2022 at 1:46 PM, Altostrata said:

Very possible you are currently suffering withdrawal symptoms from this decrease of 50% in 2 months.

@Margaret1 we do NOT recommend tapering while you have withdrawal symptoms. A night or two of good sleep is not enough. Your nervous system is just starting to recover from your earlier decreases.

We do NOT recommend decreases of 25% or 50%, particularly with paroxetine, a notoriously difficult drug to go off. You have already had a failed taper and experienced withdrawal symptoms in your current taper. You are high-risk for much worse withdrawal symptoms.

As advised earlier:  

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Tips for tapering off paroxetine (Paxil, Seroxat)

You can, of course, taper any way you wish, but we may not be able to tell you how to remedy bad withdrawal, which can last for a very long time.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Thank you all for your thoughts.  I have decided to stay at 20 mg paroxetine until I can get the liquid form to lower the dosage at the 10% intervals. The drop from 40 mg to 20 mg has been riddled with withdrawal symptoms. I will stay on 20 mg until 11-25-22 and begin lowering dosage gradually. 
I do not want to repeat my first attempt of withdrawal when panic attacks occurred alongside insomnia. Considering this risk, I am planning a gradual withdrawal process beginning 11-25-22. 

I grow warm, I begin to feel happy. There is nothing extraordinary in this, it is a small happiness of Nausea: it spreads at the bottom of the viscous puddle, at the bottom of out time - the time of purple suspenders, and broken chair seats; it is made of white, soft instants, spreading at the edge, like an oil stain. No sooner than born, it is already old, it seems as though I have known it for twenty years.
Jean Paul Sarte, La Nausée

15 mg mirtazapine daily 

• Moderator Emeritus
9 hours ago, Margaret1 said:

I will stay on 20 mg until 11-25-22 and begin lowering dosage gradually. 

My suggestion would be to wait until that date and then reassess.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

Thank you for your reply.
It has been 13 days since my last trazodone dose so I do feel withdrawal from that as well. Therefore, I want to fully adjust to these medication changes before attempting another paroxetine change. Trazodone is a sleep aid but also an antidepressant and I think coming off it is having effects now after being off it for just over two weeks. At first, I had trouble with insomnia and now it’s brain zaps, ears ringing, moments of depression, moments of high anxiety, feeling buzzing sensation in head, overeating, and the still lingering tinnitus in right ear. I’m sensitive to loud sounds again and brightness. 
I will be taking a break from work for a few days to rest and hopefully my mind will continue readjusting to these changes. Deep breathing has been helpful along with listening to gurus speaking. Thanks again everyone.

15 mg mirtazapine daily 

My apartment has 3rd hand smoke smell from a previous resident and a resident that smokes cigarettes next to mine.?this is something I noticed I have become very sensitive to since coming off medicines. I have cleaned the walls with vinegar and the carpets with baking soda and I burn incense. My clothes smell like cigarette smoke when I go out of town and smell them. It’s not desirable. If anyone has any remedy idea please let me know. My goal is to move but I cannot do that presently. 
still taking 20 mg paroxetine 1x daily. I have been tempted to take trazodone for help with sleep but I am getting some sleep every night and having dreams so I think I am doing well enough without it. 
I am still drinking coffee in the mornings but have stoped taking supplements.

15 mg mirtazapine daily 

@Margaret1

Just reaching out to commiserate on the smoke smell and say that I completely understand. 

WD has made me extremely sensitive to smells and what you describe would drive me up the wall! 

I'm sorry you have to deal with this, and in your home environment to boot. 

I don't have any bright ideas for you, I wish I did. 

One thing I will say is that as with everything in WD, the more you can calm your system and avoid stress/activation, the better. 

If I were you I'd quit caffeine and eliminate other possible stimulants and irritants, such as sugar, altogether. 

Other dietary interventions may provide some relief as well, I don't know where you're at with functional nutrition. 

It probably won't take away the hyper-acute sense of smell, but it won't make it worse, either. 

Anything you can do to soothe your system is a step in the right direction. 

Sorry about this, Margaret1. I feel for you! 

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

supplements: magnesium powder (dissolved in water) as needed throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil w/ morning meal; 2mg melatonin 

August 1, 2022 - 1 mg melatonin

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

37 minutes ago, Margaret1 said:

I have cleaned the walls with vinegar

Hi M. If you don't mind a mild smell of vinegar for period, the trick is take a little bowl with a 2 deciliters (6-7 oz) of vinegar under some furniture or another discrete place in every room. Do that for a couple of weeks. It won't kill the smell completely, but it will make it much more tolerable. Wash the walls in ammonia (mixed with water and a little dish soap, the good old manual dish washing kind) instead of vinegar (just open all windows when you do and of course use gloves (and rinse of with water). Those two things kill 90% percent of the smoke smell I think.

2004: (apr): Citalopram 20 mg, June 60 mg., dec 20 mg

2004 (dec): Mirtazapine 15 mg.

2014 (Jun): Citalopram stop cold turkey. Began 10 mg Vortioxetine

2017: (dec): Mirtazapine 15 mg ->30 mg (after three day stint on psych ward)

2020: (aug): Vortioxetine 10 mg stopped cold turkey. 

2020 (dec): Mirtazapine 30 mg -> 15 mg (GPs instructions)

2021 (feb): Mirtazapine reinstatement 26,25 mg

2022 (Jan): Mirtazapine (5% taper): 14. Jan 24,9 mg, 6. feb 23,7 mg, 1. marts 22,5 mg, 15. marts 21,3 mg, 2. april 20 mg, 26. april 19. mg, 25. may 18.1 mg, 26 jun 17 mg.

Have always taken fish oil capsules. Do not drink alcohol when tapering. 1 multivitamin pill a day. Try to eat healthy, but impossible on mirtazapine.

• Moderator Emeritus

I've heard that having a bowl of bicarb soda / baking soda can help remove smells.  After painting a room they say that leaving a bucket of water in the room helps to remove the smell.

Just some ideas to consider.

Thank you everyone for your help. I have been out of town for a few days and staying in a smoke free house so I am feeling much better! But I do have to return tomorrow. 
I will try the vinegar solution in bowls and the ammonia on the walls when I return. Hopefully, this will help.

since I have been out of town I have been doing deep breathing exercises and really detoxing from the 3rd hand smoke. Feeling much better. 
I don’t want to stress about going home tomorrow and the way it smells. So I will just do what I can do and move on with things. 

15 mg mirtazapine daily 

I took 12.5 mg of trazodone last night for the first time in two weeks and it did not make me feel well. So will not be doing that again for help with sleep. Still taking the 20 mg paroxetine daily and started back on zinc, vitamin c, and fish oil today. I ordered some more vitamin d3 as well. 
not wanting to get out of bed since I returned home but it should pass. My cat has been a huge help with interrupting my depressive ruminating thoughts as well as waking me up at night. But overall I am very grateful for her in my life. 
I think my mind is still adapting to the change in paroxetine dose from 40 mg to 20 mg. At times I feel so much better and at times my lows are worse. But, for myself, my goal is to get off this stuff eventually. 
it has helped to have a part time job for the purpose of getting out but hope to have a full time job again. I start school if all goes well in august just taking one class but this is a step in the right direction. 
I am still abstaining from alcohol which is helpful but still drinking coffee in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon. I also try to drink plenty of water and eat a Mediterranean diet these days. 
My vacation was so nice and I wished I could just stay there. 

15 mg mirtazapine daily 

I do want to ask my dr about the liquid form of paroxetine to begin my taper with in November. Is this available in the USA?

15 mg mirtazapine daily 

• Moderator Emeritus

According to the Paxil monograph, yes it is.  And what is really good is that is doesn't have a short expiry.  The general Seroxat does, so be aware of that.  See the quotes below.

When changing form of a drug it is generally better to do a cross over which is gentler on your system and allows your body to get used to the different way the body be getting the drug.

cross-over-changing-form-eg-tablet-to-liquid-of-drug-or-changing-brand-of-same-drug

On 5/27/2011 at 10:52 AM, Altostrata said:
  • Paxil Oral Suspension (liquid) comes in a concentration of 10 mg/5ml   (NOTEPaxil Oral Suspension is stable until expiry date when stored correctly - see this post; Seroxat contents to be discarded 1 month after opening - see this post)

DILUTING

On 5/27/2011 at 10:52 AM, Altostrata said:

Use Paxil liquid to taper

(NOTEPaxil Oral Suspension is stable until expiry date when stored correctly - see this post; Seroxat contents to be discarded 1 month after opening - see this post)

This is the easiest and most accurate way to taper Paxil.

See this post about diluting Paxil concentrated liquid

See FDA prescribing information at http://www.drugs.com/pro/paxil.html

In the US, the ordering code for Paxil Oral Suspension (liquid),10 mg/5ml., in 250 ml bottles is

NDC 53873-043-00 (GlaxoSmithKline Paxil liquid) https://www.hipaaspace.com/medical_billing/coding/national.drug.codes/53873-043-00

NDC 60505-0402-5 (Apotex generic paroxetine liquid) https://www.hipaaspace.com/medical_billing/coding/national.drug.codes/60505-0402-5

Thank you for this information. 

15 mg mirtazapine daily 

I hope my mind adjusts to this drop in paroxetine from 40 to 20 mg eventually. It’s only been 3 months since I began going from 40 to 30 and then 2 months since 30 to 20. As of now I think the depression is worsening but hoping it begins to lift some after a few more months. Or it may take years to stabilize. Because I do not want to go any lower on Paroxetine until I’m feeling more stabile. I realize I went from 40 to 20 too quickly but that’s over now and moving forward I will taper off slowly from now on. 
last night was hard but this morning I felt a lot better but now feeling low again. I know it has been hard to readjust to the 3rd hand smoke situation in my apartment but I am utilizing cups of vinegar and baking soda. Will get ammonia soon and try this on the walls.
Other than that, I am doing well. Still taking 20 mg paroxetine 1x daily at night and did not take trazodone last night. Plan to stop trazodone altogether now as it really made the feeling of anxiousness worsen after I ingested it.
Again, so grateful for being off those psych medications and to be on only paroxetine 20 mg until I am off of this. I see through a different perspective now. My senses are working again and those are the windows to the environment we inhabit. 

15 mg mirtazapine daily 

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, Margaret1 said:

I hope my mind adjusts to this drop in paroxetine from 40 to 20 mg eventually. It’s only been 3 months since I began going from 40 to 30 and then 2 months since 30 to 20. As of now I think the depression is worsening

I am concerned that your "depression" is worsening.  A very small updose might be the better thing to do instead of trying to push through this, which can add more stress to your nervous system which slows recovery.

You could start with increasing to 21mg and see if that helps.  It takes about 4 days for a dose to get to a steady level in the blood and a bit longer for it to register in the brain.  It is better to make small gradual updoses that to risk taking too much.  The idea of updosing is not to get rid of withdrawal symptoms completely but to bring the to a bearable level.  It's important not to try and find the perfect dose; I have seen members start to improve but they keep tweaking their dose and end up making things worse and then regret it.

It is possible to make liquid from Paxil tablets so you could do that to get the 1mg dose and take the 20mg in tablet/s.  And it keeps in the fridge for about 3 days so you would get 4 doses out of one tablet.  If you can cut a tablet in half evenly then you could do that, but accuracy is important.

• Administrator

@Margaret1 reducing paroxetine can be very difficult. Suggest you hold at 20mg or updose slightly and wait for several months for that "depression" withdrawal symptom to fade.

Thanks everyone. As of now, I plan to stay with 20 mg paroxetine. The depression is present but I do have windows when it dissipates. If my depression does worsen though, I will take 21 mg at this point. 

I am having difficulty with falling asleep but eventually do but don’t feel entirely rested in the morning. If I stay off the trazodone entirely I think I will readjust to getting better sleep instead of taking it here and there which confuses my system.

Again, if I begin to continue to experience worsening depression symptoms I will up my dose to 21 mg. 
thanks again 

15 mg mirtazapine daily 

Paroxetine withdrawal is going to be a process. I am realizing it will take a long period of time to adjust. Today was difficult until this evening when I felt better. I work in a warehouse with no air conditioning and when it is 96F outside it is rather warm working a physical job. Sometimes I think this helps with the withdrawal because of the energy expended and the sweating of toxins out of the system. 
I walk two miles to catch the bus to work and sometimes walk the two miles home. Walking has helped as well. The high amount of energy I had after first lowering the paroxetine dosage has decreased to a more manageable amount. 
It’s now two months since the last decrease in paroxetine and I’m feeling emotional again. I had a reprieve where I felt less affected by others but now I am having to realize I can’t let outside influences affect my emotions even though it’s hard right now. I have more feelings now and I care more deeply about others. 

15 mg mirtazapine daily 

Also, the last time I discontinued paroxetine I remember really beginning to feel withdrawal, a deeper withdrawal after 3 months of discontinuation. This time, I have gone from 40 mg to 20 mg since 4-24-22 and approximately 3 months later I am feeling this deeper withdrawal again, although, without the panic attacks this time which is due, I think, to the fact that I am staying at 20 mg instead of going to 0 mg and waiting until 11-25-22 to lower dosage again. The slower tapering process this time compared to last time has caused the panic to not recreate. 
this gives me the idea that it is possible to get off the paroxetine entirely as long as I lower the dosage extremely slowly. 

15 mg mirtazapine daily 

• Moderator Emeritus
2 minutes ago, Margaret1 said:

sweating of toxins out of the system.

Antidepresssant withdrawal has nothing to do with "sweating of toxins".

When we take a drug the brain automatically starts making adjustments, adapting to getting the drug; it can take as little as 1 month for the brain to fully adapt to getting the drug.  This is called homeostasis.  When the drug is removed then it has to adjust to not getting the drug.  The more drug that is taken away at a time the more changes the brain has to make, which is what causes the withdrawal symptoms.  Because the effect of psychiatric drugs is cumulative, too many changes can cause nervous system destablisation and sensitisation.

Please read Post #1 of this topic.

What is Happening in Your Brain

• Moderator Emeritus
1 minute ago, Margaret1 said:

this gives me the idea that it is possible to get off the paroxetine entirely as long as I lower the dosage extremely slowly. 

Yes it is possible to get off our antidepressant.  SA's tapering protocol is a harm reduction method.  The idea is to sneak the drug away slowly so that the brain only has to make tiny adjustments each time.  See my post above.

Continuing to take 20 mg paroxetine daily as well as 12.5 mg of trazodone for sleep. I didn’t take the trazodone for 20 days then took 12.5 mg two nights in a row this week to help with sleep. I do feel like I am having intense withdrawal after 2 months since last dosage change of paroxetine. I am not experiencing panic attacks though and do know that these symptoms will gradually improve. Exercise is helping a lot. I started taking vitamin d3 supplement alongside vitamin k complex. I am also taking zinc, fish oil, and biotin. I am thinking of quitting them all except for fish oil because I do not if any of them are effecting my mind/gut relationship negatively.

also, I am keeping to a

schedule of going to sleep and waking up at the same time. Overall, I am well and will be meeting with my psychiatrist in September to ask about the liquid form of paroxetine to assist with dosage lowering in November. 

15 mg mirtazapine daily 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 minute ago, Margaret1 said:

I started taking vitamin d3 supplement

Q:  Are taking this in the morning?  It is a daytime supplement and if taken later in the day can affect sleep.

I am taking it in the morning. Thanks for this information. I did not know if could effect sleep. Also, I actually took 25 mg of trazodone to help with sleep for two different nights this past week. I didn’t take it last night and it was hard to get to sleep and I woke up once, thanks to my cat attacking my feet, but was able to go back to sleep and felt rested this morning. 
I am going to try to not take trazodone any longer because it causes over sleeping and tiredness the next day.

15 mg mirtazapine daily 

• Moderator Emeritus
7 hours ago, Margaret1 said:

thanks to my cat attacking my feet

I loved my cat, but I would not allow her to sleep in my bedroom with me because she disturbed my sleep.  She would cuddle up and then stretch and kick me in the breast, or get up and walk across my pillow and sniff my face.  So that the room wouldn't get too hot in summer I bought a lightweight flyscreen door and installed that in front of my bedroom door.  To start off she would scratch at it but she soon stopped doing that.  I might have used a squirter bottle, but it was so long I cannot remember.

7 hours ago, Margaret1 said:

I am going to try to not take trazodone any longer

You can become depend very quickly on this.

A list of sleep topics:

See 

Tips to help sleep -- so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Path to Better Sleep FREE online for everyone from the US Veterans Administration

Music for self-care: Calms hyperalertness, anxiety, aids relaxation and sleep

White noise devices for sleep

Melatonin for sleep: Many people find it helpful

TV or computer use in evening can disrupt sleep: Bright light signals the brain that it's daytime

Homeostasis in my brain will take time. Much longer than the 2 months since my last paroxetine dose lowering. I am positive about lowering my paroxetine dose in November in very small increments. I realize it will take a few years to fully get off the paroxetine. Going off this medicine too quickly doesn’t work for myself.

Last night I got great sleep and my cat didn’t wake me but I will look into getting a screen to put on my bedroom door. 
The tinnitus in my right ear is still present but not as I ate se as it once was. I could be wrong though. It seems when I am laying down or lower my head it is worse. During periods of physical exertion it is worse. I think this is a side effect from being on seroquel possibly. I wish I would have fully researched these medications as to their possible side effects before taking them instead of taking them blindly because I was in a struggling mental state. I do believe if the doctors would educate their patients of these possible symptoms people may pursue other avenues such as exercise, food nutrition and other forms of therapy. 
my only worry is that these medicines, specifically the paroxetine has altered my mind as to make it so it will be impossible to get off it but I know this isn’t true. I do believe that I can heal. I knew it was going to be difficult to go from 40 mg to 20, and it has been. But I am feeling better everyday. For a time I thought I should go back on my original dose of 40 mg but I no longer think of this. I have the windows with the waves. The waves always pass and I am greeted with a peacefulness and quality of life much greater than I has while on this higher dose of paroxetine and while on seroquel, gabapentin, and trazodone. When I was 17 and originally began taking 20 mg paroxetine I remember sleeping so much and losing my appetite. So I know paroxetine has had a redound effect on digestion and sleep issues. Since too no from 40 mg paroxetine to 20 mg my gi tract is not as bloated and when I do sleep I feel that I am actually getting quality sleep instead of a drug induced sleep. 
Going on daily walks has been the key to my success and I knew I would have to make lab effort to eat different and have a routine. 
I look forward to eventually moving out of this apartment. I am using vinegar, baking soda, and fresh air circulation to try and make this 3rd hand smoke more bearable. 

15 mg mirtazapine daily 

It has been 6 months since I quit taking seroquel. When I first went off it, the withdrawal was difficult for about 2 months and then after this it seemed to get better. I remember not sleeping for days and just listening to to videos and trying to focus my thoughts on these ideas presented in the videos. Eventually after 3 or 4 nights I would sleep some and then the next few days I wouldn’t sleep again. Seroquel was a difficult drug to withdrawal from. I wore ear plugs during the day to avoid noise and had dark sunglasses on to avoid light. Thankfully I have not gone back on seroquel. 
i thought going off seroquel was a trying experience but paroxetine is really difficult for me. I’ve only gone from 40 mg to 20 mg but this has effected my anxiety and depression levels. Mostly these days I notice the anxiety level. I get very anxious over things I used to feel no anxiety over. Firstly, I assume that anxiety is a negative feeling. I am not looking at it as such any longer. It is simply a way I am feeling and it won’t kill me. This has allowed it to alleviate some. 
it has been 4 days since I last took trazodone and this is when I start to notice the effect of not having it. I am sleeping again but I am noticing the depressive symptoms as it is an antidepressant. 
today I was thinking to myself, why did i decide to go off seroquel, gabapentin, trazodone, and paroxetine. And I need to remind myself that these are not sugar candy, they are powerful drugs and if I can learn to live without them, the better off I will be. It’s tempting sometimes to go back into that drug induced slumber state but I told myself I would do this for at least 1 year and see how things are. 
I basically slept, watched movies, and slept some more while I was on all that. 
I am not one to say that being on them or not is the better path. Everyone has their reality to live in. I do not know what the answers are. I just hope I can finish this journey successfully by getting off the last and final drug I am on, Paroxetine. This is going to be a process. The seroquel was so hard to get off of, the gabapentin and trazodone is not fun to withdrawal from. And again, I will put myself through a trial by lowering the dosage of paroxetine in November. I am exhausted from withdrawing from things. 
but, alas, my struggles are banal compared to some of the experiences of others on this site. Why did I ever think that going on those medicines would be a solution? Why didn’t I research more before I took them? 
moving forward, thanks everyone for your assistance and lots of love to all. 

15 mg mirtazapine daily 

When I begin to lower my paroxetine dosage in November assuming things are going well then, I will need to get the liquid form and a measuring device. Each month I will lower the dosage by 1 mg. At the end of each month I will reassess to see how I am doing. If I do not feel I have fully adjusted to the 1 mg change I will stay on the same level for another month. It should take 19 months to get off it. 
my exercise schedule and mindfulness activities will need to be in proper order. My diet will need to be more organized. More good fats for sure. The supplements I currently take I will continue to take although I am considering adding a b complex again. 
I also have plans to bring sprouting seeds to use to make salads. 
I am sleeping well these days. I am still adjusting to being on 20 mg of paroxetine. It has almost been 4 months since I went from 40 mg to 30 mg. Coffee is having a stronger effect now than it did so I am limiting myself to one cup in the morning. This I may stop entirely however if I continue to be more effected by it.

I do enjoy a good cup of chamomile tea. The process of making a cup of coffee is enjoyable. I love the way it smells and how it is an anti depressant. 
my depression has not been an issue lately. I always struggled with the combination of depression and anxiety, but now that I am starting to ween myself off these medicines and really watching my thoughts and how my body feels, I think the anxiety out weighs the depression. I did have an acupuncturist tell me that as women age, depression will lift. 
Mindfulness activities that I want to explore more are meditation. I would like to slowly build my meditations up from 5 minutes to eventually an hour. I think mornings will do good for meditation time. I walk a lot but want to try to incorporate jogging back into my exercise goals. I think with adequate stretching and seeing the chiropractor and massage therapist I should be able to slowly get back into this. 
there is so much beauty in the worlds. So much to experience and do. I see this more and more now. I want to take things gradual. This is a process, of course. I am making no large decisions during this time of withdrawal. Really giving myself this opportunity to not take these medicines anymore has been such a learning experience. 
I did sign up for a ceramics class which begins in a few weeks. It has been many years since I have made pottery. It is something I used to do before I was on all these medicines. I am looking forward to this. 

15 mg mirtazapine daily