SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

SkyB: Finally off Lexapro and Klonopin! :)

This was from the notes I kept on my Iphone about my progress.

Lexapro/ escitalopram
-Started taking in beginning of 2017 when got out of bad situation and was trying to get back into things it did help… for a while
-Early 2020 Attempted to cut cold turkey was terrible, had brain shocks, severe depression, barely able to function. My doctor told me there would be no withdrawal.
-2020 around September attempted 1 month taper from 20 mg to 0 mg according to old data that “doctors” go off of. After attempting this and having similar effects to quitting cold turkey I found a forum Survivingantidepressants.org, when I started reading I realized all these people went through the same **** I did.
-August 2021 went to 20mg to 10 mg stabilized in October 2021, no major side effects besides energy levels
-December 2021 went from 10 mg to 5 mg, stabilized in February, again mostly just energy levels affected.
-May 2022 went from 5 mg to 2.5 mg, feel good and happy, want to cut down to less
-June 2022 went from 2.5 mg to nibbling on less everyday.
6/14/22 attempting to stop taking it all together. First week my sleep sucked but my happiness level started to skyrocket.
6/23/22 went to electric forest with a new outlook and positive attitude.
July 2022, I’ve never been happier, have felt no negative side effects from quitting, sleep is a little bit harder off the drug but overall I feel alive again. FREE :))))

My Taper off of Klonopin was less severe but still took about 9 months of steady decreasing in dosage until I was able to kick it.
Was only on .5 Mg
Dropped to .25 MG last year around October
Dropped to .125 Mg around Jan 2022
Leading up to June I was nibbling less and less of it until I was almost to nothing
June 2022 I quit 

I love all you beautiful people for sharing your stories and messages. :) I hope you have success with your journey, sending hope and love to you all.
  • ChessieCat changed the title to SkyB: Finally off Lexapro and Klonopin! :)
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello and welcome to SA.  Congratulations for getting off of Lexapro and Klonopin!  That is indeed a huge accomplishment.  Please do not be shocked or surprised if you have some waves of symptoms in the future.  This is temporary, and is all part of the healing process.  Don't let it scare you into going back on the drugs.  Here are some links with some information about what happens after zero, and waves and windows.  

Video on Recovery from Psych Drugs

Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

It Doesn't End at Zero

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.   

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly