33down2me: need help with a taper schedule

33down2me

Hi- I’m 34 and started Zoloft April 2022 at 25mg and 15mg buspar(as needed). A week later was told to increase to 50’mg zoloft. At 4 weeks increased to 75mg Zoloft and upped buspar to 15mg twice a day. If I want to taper which med should I start with first? I’m terrified of withdrawal symptoms. I started taking these meds because of the worst anxiety and panic attacks I’ve ever had. Anxiety has gotten better but I did have another mild panic attack a few weeks ago. Maybe I’m not ready to wean off yet? I just want to get a head start on thinking and planning of tapering off and wanted to know the best course of action. Thanks!

April 6 2022 - 25mg Zoloft & 15mg buspar as needed 

April 13 2022- 50mg Zoloft & 15mg buspar as needed 

May 2 2022- present - 75mg Zoloft & 15mg buspar 2x a day 

• Frogie changed the title to 33down2me:Need help with a taper schedule

@33down2me

Welcome to SA. We are a volunteer ran site helping members taper off psychiatric medications, or have tapered off and are now healing.

This is your introduction page where you will receive information, ask questions and meet other members. We ask that you only have one introduction page so we can keep all your information in one place.

First can you please create a signature.

How to List Drug History in Signature

Here are some links for you to read about tapering and which medication to start with.

Taking multiple psych drugs? Which drug to taper first?

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Preparing to taper

Tips for tapering off buspirone (Buspar)

Tips for tapering off sertraline (Zoloft)

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Dr. Joseph Glenmullen's withdrawal symptom checklist

Here is some information you might find helpful on panic attacks.

Anxiety Self Help | Get.gg - Getselfhelp.co.uk

Ways to cope with daily anxiety

We don't suggest a lot of supplements on here because they can be too stimulating to the nervous system, however, a lot of people find these two calming. If you want to try them, try one in a small amount and wait a few days before introducing the other.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) - Symptoms and self-care - Surviving Antidepressants

After you have read the links provided, please reach out with any questions you may have.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• ChessieCat changed the title to 33down2me: need help with a taper schedule