Electrolyte Drink Recipe

FeralCatman

Since electrolyte balance can be a problem during withdrawal and things like Gatorade and other commercial products may not be tolerated due to artificial ingredients and too much sugar (I can't drink any of them) I have taken to using a homemade recipe that my nutritionist sent me. I use no sugar added apple juice, no sugar added cranberry juice, lemon juice, and salt. I make ice cubes out of the apple and cranberry juice and keep them in a bag in the freezer.

16 oz glass

2 apple juice cubes

1 cranberry juice cube

pinch of salt

splash of lemon juice

fill remaining space in glass with water

All ingredients are low histamine / anti-histamine and as long as you buy products with nothing artificial it works. This provides potassium and sodium and vitamin C as well as other nutrients.

If you want to try it I suggest trying the individual ingredients first to make sure you are good to go and then give it a try. You might like it or you may find it absolutely disgusting. I happen to like it.

There are lots of similar recipes online that you can use with things like pomegranate juice, etc. This is just the one that I like.

I start out every day with this drink. In the morning I also add to it 1 teaspoon of pure psylium fiber husk for a fiber boost as well as 1/4 teaspoon crushed ginger for gut motility. Much better than Metamucil and other commercial products that have coloring's and other artificial ingredients.

Current Psychiatric Medications

1. Paxil 10mg daily (a.m.) 2017 - Present
  2. Carbamazepine IR  190 mg twice daily (380mg Daily) 2011 - Present (Currently Tapering)

Past Psychiatric Medications From 1994 to August 2021   Seroquel (in Recovery since August 2021 final dose 6.25mg), Depakote, Lithium, Risperidone, Xanax, Lamotrigene, Olanzapine, Lorazepam, Welbutrin, Trazodone, Oxazepam, Gabapentin, Abilify, Topiramate, Prazosin, Ambien (See Attached Spreadsheet And Seroquel Tapering And WIthdrawal Summary)

Current Non Psychiatric Medications Levothyroxine 88mcg (a.m.)-Vitamin D3 1000 IU (p.m.)-Fexofenadine 180 mg twice daily -Clonidine 0.1 mg (p.m.)-Azelastine Nasal Spray

Other - Fish Oil Twice Daily-Multi-Vitamin (a.m.)-Vitamin C 1000mg Daily (a.m.)-Saline Nasal Spray-Salsalate 750mg twice daily PRN, Diclofenac Gel on affected joint PRN-Magnesium Citrate 250mg twice daily, Betaine HCL & Digestine Enzymes With Meals

Quitting Seroquel_A Vacation In Hell_Redacted.pdf

Other Documents https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/26099-feralcatman-recovering-from-seroquel/?do=findComment&comment=633907

• ChessieCat changed the title to Electrolyte Drink Recipe

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy