Anybody used or heard about Ortho Adapt supplement?

BoomSiva

I been off med for 2 years now and i'm still suffering from anxiety and can't handle any kind of stress without getting back into a wave with extreme feeling of hopelessness with suicidal thoughts and crying spell. I'm looking for a supplement to help me cope with stress, a friend of mine told me about Ortho Adapt and i want to know if this will help my symptoms?

2004-2010 on antidepressant i tried many kind; Paxil 20mg, Wellbutrin 100mg, Celexca 20-30mg, Effexor 37.5, Seroquel 200-250mg. Between 2004-2010 i moved a lot and different towns and provinces so i consulted  4-5 doctors and was not really followed by any of them.

2010-2015 off meds cold turkey, I slept for 3-4 months and my mom's basement I don't think I ever really recovered from it. June/2015 I spent 6 weeks in hospital. June2015 back on meds Lexapro20mg, Seroquel 25-50mg, i never really felt well after my hospitalization.

June/2016 detox fasting of 11 days in Thailand, I stop seroquel. Jan/2017 I went to India for a year and June/2017 tried a quick taper and became really unstable, very anxious and depressed so august/2017 back on lexapro 20mg. 1/Dec/ 2018 quick taper - Dec/31/2018 off Lexapro, Jan/30/2019 reinstate Lexapro  5mg, 15/april/2019 back on 20mg lexapro 24/oct/2019 start seroquel 25mg major anxiety. 1/feb/2020 stop seroquel.  April/2020 i start taping Lexapro to 10mg June/16/2020 down 5mg - July/2020 down 2.5mg august/2020 till now off lexapro.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Anybody used or heard about Ortho Adapt supplement?
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

First, this is a compound (and it's expen$ive!).  So if you react to it, you do not know what you are reacting to:  the ashwaganda?  the liquorice extract?  The porcine glandular?  The B-5?  The Rhodiola?  The ginseng?

Any of these can cause reactions. In combination, 1+1=10 potential reactions.  1+1+1+1+1+1 = 60 potential reactions.

If you wish to try these supplements for calming your adrenals, I would not recommend liquorice, ever - as it is associated with palpitations and heart arrhythmias.  It astonishes me that they put this is so many supplements, and it gives me an indication that this is a kitchen sink attitude - throw a bunch of stuff together and market it.

From my experience, the benefits of these as single supplements, in order:

Porcine glandular - I take this  (I have no thyroid or ovaries, and so need glandular support for my adrenals)

Ashwaganda - I take this

Rhodiola - I have used, but it is activating and expensive.  Some people have gotten good results from this, I got some results, but not enough to justify the price.

Ginseng - I have used this, but more as a "tonic" than a supplement.  Overuse can be stimulating.

I'm sorry for your struggles.  I recognise your desperation, but running to bottles of stuff like this can cause more problems than it solves.  And - rob you blind of your money.

When trying supplements, try one ingredient at a time, and start slow, with a sliver (I think it was Alto said what fits on the tine of a fork) to ensure you don't react to it, and gradually build up to a full dose.

Edited by JanCarol
spelling error

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• Moderator Emeritus

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy