SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

May Cause Side Effects - talk 4 September 2022 17.00 edt

Faure

• Mentor

I’ve just had an email about this; if I lived in the US I’d watch but I’ll be asleep!

Join us on Wednesday, Sept 7th at 5pm EDT—LIVE on Medicating Normal's Facebook Page—for a Conversation w/ Brooke Siem, Author of "May Cause Side Effects"

Brooke Siem was among the first generation of minors to be prescribed antidepressants. Initially diagnosed and treated in the wake of her father’s sudden death, this psychiatric intervention sent a message that something was pathologically wrong with her and that the only “fix” was medication. As a teenager, she stepped into the hazy world of antidepressants just at the time when she was forming the foundation of her identity. For the following fifteen years, every situation she faced was seen through the lens of brokenness.

A decade and a half later, still on the same cocktail of drugs, Brooke found herself hanging halfway out her Manhattan high-rise window, calculating the time it would take to hit the ground. As she looked for breaks in the pedestrian traffic patterns, a thought dawned on her: “I’ve spent half my life—and my entire adult life—on antidepressants. Who might I be without them?”

Today, Brooke's work explores the reality of antidepressant withdrawal and the fight to manage the modern mental health system—all unfurled against a global backdrop and her work as an award-winning chef.

Her memoir, 
MAY CAUSE SIDE EFFECTS (Central Recovery Press, September 2022) is available for pre-order wherever books are sold. It officially goes on sale September 6th, 2022.

Access it at:

https://www.facebook.com/events/571193777919783/

Edited by ChessieCat
resized font and changed colour for easier reading

am not a medical professional. I provide information and make suggestions based on my own experience and SA guidelines. I am unable to respond to private messages. 

Mirtazepine 15mg Nov 2018 -April 2019  April - Sept 2019 Mirtazepine down to around 6mg - skipping days to taper

October 2019 - Dec 2019 unwell from failed taper including jumping about in doses 

15 December 2019 to 13 June 2021 15mg Mirtazepine 

14 June 2021 started brass monkey Slide.  
2021: 23 August 12.3mg, 28 October 11.1mg, 6 Dec 10mg

2022: 12 Feb 8.5, 25 Oct 4.5mg

2023: 16 Jan 3.6mg, 28 Sept 1.8mg

• Faure changed the title to May Cause Side Effects - talk 4 September 2022 17.00 edt

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy