Is it true that no matter how bad the case, everyone will recover ?

XJessieP

Even if someone has been extremely polydrugged and kindled. Their nervous system has been blown to pieces.

adverse to all drugs from severe kindling.

In agony 24/7 for years.

do these people recover also? Or is it just the ones who can still work and function. 

Approx dated

2014 Citalopram and Prozac CT

2016 adverse reaction to 7.5mg mirtazapine

2015 Klonopin 1mg taken PRN CT

2016 Sertraline 25mg up to 50mg

August 2020 cut and hold 50mg reduction to 45mg 

September 2020 36mg October 34mg November 32mg January 2021 30mg January 2021 updose 43mg GP advised trialling every other day taper so tried this which was unsuccessful  July 2021 Updose to 46mg Feb/March 2022 ish? GP advises make tiny cut to test the waters system went nuts GP advised to do further 23% to 40mg holding at 40mg since 04/08/22

Hello, 

I reacted badly to Celexa, and was given a total of thirteen drugs overall over the years, a number of those to treat the (diagnosed) adverse reaction.  I had issues with pretty well all of the pills given to me after Celexa, which compounded the adverse reaction symptoms substantially.  I was also on and off Celexa a number of times, so I experienced rather a lot of kindling. I have recovered quite a lot, and no longer have the worst problems I experienced. For instance, I have totally recovered from akathisia, and it has never recurred since I recovered. 

I was also as you mention someone who was in agony 24/7 for years.  I would have only one day a year that I would call a proper window.

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

One thing you can count on is that your body and mind are constantly trying to heal. There are lots of members on this site who spent more time drugged than I have spent alive (I'm 27), and they've bounced back incredibly.

It's important to remember that our brains are constantly in a state of change, whether we are on medication or not. You'll never quite "go back" to the way you were before, because that person doesn't exist anymore. But there is a version of you that exists in the future who is suffering less from these problems. No matter how deep the agony and how infrequent the windows are, eventually the pain lessens, and the windows will show themselves more often.

2014-2015 Clonazepam (Klonopin) 2mg BID, Sertraline (Zoloft) 150mg (Discontinued Clonazepam cold turkey)

2014-August 2021 Sertraline (Zoloft) 150mg (Discontinued cold turkey in hospital, replaced with new regimen)

August 2021 Sodium Valproate 500mg (Depakote), Quetiapine 150mg (Seroquel)

May 2022 Sodium Valproate 500mg (Depakote), Quetiapine 150mg (Seroquel), Hydroxyzine 25mg PRN, Mirtazapine 15mg

July 2022 Sodium Valproate (Depakote) 500mg, Quetiapine 200mg (Seroquel), Hydroxyzine 25mg PRN, Venlafaxine 75mg (roughly 10 days)

August 1 2022 Sodium Valproate 500mg (Depakote)Quetiapine 100mg (Seroquel), Hydroxyzine 25mg PRN, Buspirone 10mg (5-7 days)

August 14 2022 Sodium Valproate 250mg (Depakote), Quetiapine 100mg (Seroquel), Hydroxyzine 25mg PRN

September 7 2022 Sodium Valproate 250mg (Depakote), Quetiapine 50mg (Seroquel), Hydroxyzine 25mg PRN

September 22 2022 Sodium Valproate 250mg (Depakote), Quetiapine 25mg (Seroquel), Hydroxyzine 25mg PRN

October 9 2022 Sodium Valproate 250mg (Depakote), Quetiapine 12.5mg (Seroquel)

October 26 2022 Sodium Valproate 250mg (Depakote), Quetiapine 0.0mg (Seroquel) - #1 Goal Achieved

November 18 2022 Sodium Valproate 0.0mg (Depakote) Drug Free!

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, Joey805 said:

You'll never quite "go back" to the way you were before, because that person doesn't exist anymore.

I agree with this statement.  And there are various reasons for this.  We have aged in our bodies, but we have also (hopefully) learned some things.  The world has changed and our emotions are no longer numbed.

The non drug techniques that I learned since becoming a member here are very useful for coping with life in general.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy