Anxiety In America Today Show

Nikki

My best friend in CT called me this morning. She was having panic attacks about going to the Doctor. I told her I was having anxiety too, not bad, but it was there. I have a number of medical appointments this week. I got a bit choked up telling her that I take medication to help keep it under control.

Then there was a segment on the Today show....Anxiety in America. 1/3 of the population has anxiety issues and that is only people who are being treated with medication. The number is actually much higher.

The Economy fueled an underwhelming increase in the last few years. Worry. Moi....

Hurried life style, multitasking, pressure from employers and expectations from employers and ourselves. Keeping up and exceeding. Technology. Health Care.

Dr.Schneiderman said there are 27 anti-anxiety medications on the market. The criteria was 6 months of ongoing anxiety to be treated with medication. Now it's less time. The intention with treating with medication and therapy is to get it under control to be able to function, interrupt it before it gets worse (agoraphobia - depression).

They showed a clip of FDR addressing the country to try to calm the Nation down by saying...

the only thing we have to fear, is fear itself. The overwhelming fear, does fuel it for me.

There is a physiological to anxiety. I many cases, lately it is fusing emotional + a component of short circuiting.

You can go onto the Today Show site and read up on it.

PS... Lester Holt said he was feeling stressed from this busy schedule today, but he did not feel anxious. I have been stressed and not anxious.

And then...prolonged stress can produce anxiety.

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Administrator

Anxiety is nature's way of telling you to simplify your life and stay away from jerks.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Alto where is your post that fefesmom is talking about?

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

I saw this segment and Dr. Schneiderman seemed to be talking out of both sides of mouth, criticizing how easily everyday stress/anxiety is diagnosed and drugged with changing criteria, but touting that pharma is "answering a need" with the 27 meds in pipeline.

It IS NBC, afterall, supported (controlled) by pharma. It felt like she wanted to say more. She did say that stress is a healthy response to deal with life events.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

I thought they were going to downplay anxiety and how many Americans are suffering from it, and they did add the economy into the mix which has affected so many people.

Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Administrator

Nikki, my guess is it's

Anxiety is nature's way of telling you to simplify your life and stay away from jerks.

But you'd have to ask fefes about that.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy