Take part in a study about tapering

Faure

• Mentor

I’ve just had an email about this. Looks interesting.  Unfortunately my questions are all  about why drug companies are allowed to get away with this which I don’t think is what they are really looking for!!! Perhaps after I’ve given it some thought I might come up with something else but to be honest SA has answered all my questions.

Study details:

There are many unanswered questions about the process of reducing and stopping psychiatric medicines (commonly referred to as 'tapering') and how best to do it. We think that it is important that future research focuses on the questions that are important to people with lived experience of taking and/or stopping any of these medicines, family members, carers/supporters and healthcare professionals.

The PROTECT study team, in partnership with the James Lind Alliance, has set up this priority setting partnership to identify the Top 10 priorities for future research about reducing and stopping psychiatric medicines. This study could help to change the research agenda which will allow future research to focus on the most important questions. 

For information on how to take part in the survey, please click here.

For more information about the James Lind Alliance and the methods we are using, go to https://www.jla.nihr.ac.uk/

am not a medical professional. I provide information and make suggestions based on my own experience and SA guidelines. I am unable to respond to private messages. 

Mirtazepine 15mg Nov 2018 -April 2019  April - Sept 2019 Mirtazepine down to around 6mg - skipping days to taper

October 2019 - Dec 2019 unwell from failed taper including jumping about in doses 

15 December 2019 to 13 June 2021 15mg Mirtazepine 

14 June 2021 started brass monkey Slide.  
2021: 23 August 12.3mg, 28 October 11.1mg, 6 Dec 10mg

2022: 12 Feb 8.5, 25 Oct 4.5mg

2023: 16 Jan 3.6mg, 28 Sept 1.8mg