SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Music for self-care: calms hyperalertness, anxiety, aids relaxation and sleep

Altostrata

@MaryMoo429

I'm really excited to hear the dreadful symptom has come to a stop for u and I assure u once your nervous system is done with healing an area of your brain, a few of the persistent symptoms entirely stop signaling the end of healing project in that area. For me, the poping-up energy symptom has been a roughly consistent one. I had to come up with something practical to make it stop or at least tolerable and I apparently did. So far, so good. Good sleep is essential for fighting this long-haul battle. Wishing u sweetest moments and every success on ur path to full recovery which is hopefully awaiting u in the not too distant future. 😊😊😊🌹🌹🌹

-2015 september zoloft (20 mg updosed to 125) plus clonazepam for anxiety and panic attacks

2016 Jan replaced clonazepam with chlorodiazpoxide 20 mg

-2016 April cold turkeyed both after a urinary retention surgery with no withdrawal symptom at all

-2018 Jan perscribed Nortriptyline 10 mg for vestibular vertigo 

-2018 Feb due to the horrible side effects which my psychiatrist took for depression and anxiety, Nortriptyline began to be updosed to reach 100 in June

-2018 Oct noticed I wasexperiencing no pleasure in life and decided to taper(zombie-style kind of life)Tapered to fast to reach 50 mg in 2019 Feb

-Terrible withdrawal symtoms began to creep up, had to updose to 75 in June 2019

-Began to make changes in diet and lifestyle and tapered again to reach 30 by 2020 Jan

-(using Brassmonkey method from here on)By May 2020 reached 22.5 when my whole taper process hit the wall due to infection to God-damned Covid 19. Late Sep 2020 restarted my taper 16 mg in Jan 2021, Jan 2021 to Feb down from 16mg to 14.5mg,Feb to March 13mg,March to July had to hold on 13mg due to being sold counterfeit drugs, took me a while to find out and get a new batch and get back on track again,July to August 11.5 mg,August to Sep 10.5 mg,Sep to Oct 9.5 mg, Jan 2022 started the water solution Nori, had to hold for a few months due to the horrible side effects of Covid shots, restarted taper on June 2022, March 2023(now) 1.8 mg (deem myself 60 to 70 percent recovered and functional)

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 5:09 PM, Iman said:

@MaryMoo429

Hi everyone

I believe I've found an easy-to-apply solution for surges of warm anxious energy crawling over the chest and jolting u awake right at the moment of transition to sleep. The damned symptom kept me sleep-deprived for days and months until, through numerous trial and error maneuvers, I came across a non-drug solution for this. From  what I've gathered the anxious energy surge usually takes place after 4 am and is mostly a result of "morning cortisol rush". The trick is to sleep in "supine position" not to the sides or prone when the surge is likely to occur. This is the 3rd day I'm trying this and the surges seem to subside considerably. It doesn't hurt to give it a try.

Thanks @Iman for sharing this technique....I feel anxious at the early hours of dawn. My sleep brakes at 5 am then feels heavy chest like no air is flow near me to breath.  

And then thoughts prevails but still I will  be in bed. Trying to get full sleep. Somedays I go for a walk in the morning to get fresh air.

I Will try this supine position technique . Thanks again.....

Started on august 2012

Until feb 2017 no data of prescribition available

Feb 2017.  Resperidone 2mg

August 2018 1mg resperidone

June 2019. 0.75 mg resperidone

March 2020 0.5 mg resperidone

August 2020 0.75mg resperidone

December 2020 0.5 mg resperidone

Currently may 2021 0.5mg resperidone

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd pop in and share this channel. I've used it in the past even when I'm not going through any waves of symptoms and it's pretty great. They put out a ton of videos so there's lots to choose from. Over all anything with delta waves seems to do well for me.  It's a really good addition to the ol toolkit. 

As another little note (I didn't even know they existed until recently) turns out you can get sleep masks with Bluetooth headphones in them.  Comfortable, block out light great and you can adjust the volume with buttons on the mask itself. No need to reach for the phone or laptop. 

2009-2015: Various SSRIS. Never more than 6 months. CT'd all no problems.
2017-2019: Prozac 20mg, 40mg, Testosterone Cypionate, .25mg Anastrozole PRN(2018), .5mg Ativan PRN(Feb 2019)

April 2019:  Discontinued Ativan, Prozac 60mg, May 2019:  Prozac 40m, June 2019: Prozac 60mg, Propranolol 10mgPRN, Discovered SA
Aug 2019 - May 2021:  10%ish taper from 60 to 11.6 mg, crash, hold  Jul2021-Sept2021:  Transition from pill to liquid. 

Link To Tapering Chart

Supplements: Fish Oil 2400mg, Magnesium Glycinate 360mg, 400iu Vitamin D, 

• 1 month later...

FWIW Ive been using the meditation/mindfulness app, Headspace, which has Sleep Music tracks that go on for 500 minutes. 

2004 - prozac then wellbutrin (don't recall dosages)

2005 - 150 mg Effexor Rx (or generic equivalent)

April 28, 2021 first day without Effexor after very rapid titration off (probably equivalent to CT).

July 23, 2021 Reinstatement of ~3mg of Venlafaxine ER (~8.9mg of capsule material).

50 mg Chelated Magnesium, 4X a day

1000mg DHA+EPA Fish oil 2X day

• 7 months later...

Music on headphones is a saving grace in the now. I have discovered Spotify, bit slow, and made playlists for different situations....

When volumes up on voices I hear that others don't, or Im experiencing misperceptions, feeling triggered, I can only listen to music without lyrics, words no go. Ambient more peaceful sounds work for me then. On classical tangent, I found out particularly Baroque style sounds were designed to be timed in alignment with our heart beat and are therefore calming...

I also listen to songs which are mantra's or affirmations, there's a band Beautiful Chorus who do this real well in my books, but yes I needs be in the right mood or can just appear jarring in regards to contrast with what feeling. That said, its a form of reprogramming for me to listen to their affirming messages much of the time. Worth a listen....

Singing aloud also blocks critical voices when I need a break from their protection, and can express challenging emotions safely, unfortunately for neighbours on occasion Ill do this. Playing my medicine drum and simple chants always kicks in. A kitchen boogie can mark a shift or good day. Forget these tools at times...empowering.....

Rage against the Machine's 'Wake up' is my screamer go to song at times when overwhelm hits, theres a band Brass against the Machine with a wombyn singer who do amazing versions....

Podcasts and audio books can also allow me to focus on crafting / creativity / making / other tasks so I can distract enough to get stuff done...

Thanks for leads, will check them out too...

c.1992 first medicated. Including at times: Melleril, Zyprexa, Clozapine, Invega, Respirdol, Seroquel, Prozac, Zooloft, Epilim, Valium.
c. 2019 Booze free. Since then tapered, and withdrawn from, antidepressants and mood stabilisers, after several attempts.

4/2/2022: Reduced Abilify Maintena monthly injection from 400mg to 300mg. Currently on: Clonazepam 0.5mg daily / as prn, Temazepam 0.5mg, very occasionally for sleep.

Some Herbs currently working with as described for me:

Lions Mane / Chaga mushroom powders I tspn each daily for brain regeneration and inflammation, strong infusions of Oatstraw (Avena sativa), Stinging Nettle (Urtica dioica) to rebuild nervous systems and nutrition, teapot of Motherwort (Leonuris cardiaca) to chill, Dandelion roasted root (Taraxacum officinales) for grounding / liver / anger.

Glycerites utilised as support where tinctures needed. Currently Wild Rose (Rosa canina) for heart chakra daily.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy