lost88: progesterone WD, benzo and antipsychotic damage

lost88

Don’t know what to do here. Progesterone withdrawal, benzo and antipsychotic damage and lost , getting worse after 6 months.

Hopefully my use is in my signature!

i have had the most horrendous postpartum experience due to multiple psych drugs. I also believe I have been damaged through a CTof progesterone cream which acts similarly to a benzo.

my most recent use of Ativan was super short term of 10 days in may which threw me back into tell after just coming out of Zyprex wd. but I believe my use history means I have kindled. Multiple times. 

I get windows ONLY when I am on my period 

I was doing ok till covid, then a huge wave of acute like madness hit out of nowhere in sept and I’m struggling to recover from it. 

Ive now been put on Zoloft but really don’t want to be on any more psych meds. The trauma they have caused has been barbaric. I’m a first time mum and I’ve missed my beautiful girls first year. I feel too vulnerable to advocate for myself and keep being told this is all postpartum depression. Hence the SSRI. 

My my six are 

Dpdr

confusion

cog issues 

no appetite

suicidal and intrusive thoughts and images. 

chemical fear 

rumination 

ahedonia 

adrenaline at 4 am

nightmares 

night sweats

im also on pizotifen which I want to get off desperately. It makes no sense for me to be on Zoloft and a med which blocks 5HT. 

I also dont don’t know if withdrawal can last this long and get worse as time goes by. So I took the SSRI as I was convinced it was my own mental illness. Doesn’t feel like it but as you can appreciate I’m so vulnerable right now I don’t know what to think. 

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

Pizotifen (migraine medication) Taper starting dose 2mg, currently on 1.5mg  length of use: 2020-present Clonazepam 1mg for 3 weeks July 2021. CT. severe WD. Alleviated by progesterone. Zyprexa 5mg for 6 weeks nov 21. CT and severe wd for 3 months. Ativan and diazepam as needed due to zyprexa wd. Interdose wd and then 10 days of Ativan .5 CT in may 22 still causing issues along with progesterone wd.  Other meds tried in past  Zoloft 12.5mg dec 21 , CT after 8 days, Mirtazapine one dose, severe reaction Jan 22, Nortriptyline 10mg 2 weeks aug 22, CT, Escitalopram 5mg 2 days severe reaction Oct 22, Lamictal 25mg 1 dose severe rash Oct 22, Vortioxetine 2.5 mg 4 days Oct 22 CT

• ChessieCat changed the title to lost88: progesterone WD, benzo and antipsychotic damage
  • Administrator

Welcome, @lost88

What drugs are you taking now, at what times o'clock and dosages?

If you don't want to take Zoloft, why are you taking it?

Here is how to enter your signature Please summarize your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thanks. Will add. 

so I’ve stopped the Zoloft. I was on it for 12 days only and the last 8 days being off I’ve had really bad dizziness. Is this even possible after 12 days!? 

I feel like a total hypochondriac but it’s for sure way worse at the moment dizzy wise. 

im also on sandomigran/ pizotifen which is similar to periactin. Take this at night. Started weaning but only took a 5% cut so would be surprised if that’s impacted on me at all? 

Pizotifen (migraine medication) Taper starting dose 2mg, currently on 1.5mg  length of use: 2020-present Clonazepam 1mg for 3 weeks July 2021. CT. severe WD. Alleviated by progesterone. Zyprexa 5mg for 6 weeks nov 21. CT and severe wd for 3 months. Ativan and diazepam as needed due to zyprexa wd. Interdose wd and then 10 days of Ativan .5 CT in may 22 still causing issues along with progesterone wd.  Other meds tried in past  Zoloft 12.5mg dec 21 , CT after 8 days, Mirtazapine one dose, severe reaction Jan 22, Nortriptyline 10mg 2 weeks aug 22, CT, Escitalopram 5mg 2 days severe reaction Oct 22, Lamictal 25mg 1 dose severe rash Oct 22, Vortioxetine 2.5 mg 4 days Oct 22 CT

• 3 months later...

Hi, 

I have been on Pizotifen for migraine for 3 years and I feel like its pointless as it doesnt help my migraine anymore. I have a suspicion that its actually causing more harm than good.  I have tried and failed to get off it in the past because I couldnt hack any upset to my nervous system at the time, but its been such a terrible couple of years, i am starting to wonder if some of my mental health / anxiety/ bizarre symptoms could actually be due to the drug.  Chemically speaking, it is similar to Periactin, but more 'dirty' as it targets 15 different receptors.  Mostly it is a serotonin and histamine antagonist, but also an anticholergenic and is described as similar to the TCAs, however it also seems to be similar pharmacologically to things like Mirt and Trazadone.   This is me trying to work things out. 

I have spoken to countless pharmacists and drs and they all say that it wont cause withdrawals, making me feel like im insane.  I have used the search function here, reddit, facebpok, anywhere but there is very little about this medication and its withdrawals other than some things about severe weight loss and one incidence of psychosis and serotonin syndrome when completely withdrawn - however this was for periactin which is just a bit similar, not identical. 

I am now at 25% of original dose and already getting withdrawals.  They intensify at times however they are not so severe I cant manage them.  I am getting - sometimes improved depression, anxiety, nausea, intolerance to caffiene, flu like feelings and shiveryness on top of very dizzy and increased DPDR. 

if anyone has any idea of what I might expect/what drugs I would be minded to look at in order to see what my WD would potentially be like then I would really appreicate anyone weighing in with their opinions.  I was non functional prior to tapering due to anxiety and been told if I am to go on an SSRI I need to come off Pizotifen first ( I have no plans to go on an SSRI however).  

Can meds give side effects years down the line as well? As wondering if the severe anxiety etc could be in part attributed to Pizotifen - I was on a 2mg dose which is moderate, now on 1.5mg 

Thanks

• Moderator Emeritus
On 3/18/2023 at 11:26 AM, lost88 said:

I am now at 25% of original dose and already getting withdrawals. 

How fast are you tapering?