Wardy4022: amitriptyline severe reaction

Wardy4022

Is this definitely the amitriptyline or could it be the citalopram 😥 

Citalopram withdrawal wouldn't happen at exact same time as stopping the ami would it?

Would it help reinstating any of the citalopram or would I just make it worse. Getting pretty desperate. Feel awful 

? - April 22 (for 5yrs+) - citalopram 20mg day

Reduced as per dr felt fine 6 months until taking the amitriptyline in Oct 22

11th-18th october 22 - Amitriptyline  10mg daily - no longer take - adverse reaction 

Oct/ beginning Nov 22 - propanolol 40mg 3x daily- no longer take

28th Oct - 4th Dec 22 - diazepam 2mg - take 1 as required not every day- no longer take 

Nov 22 - omega 3 - 1x daily

8th dec 22 - magnesium 

16th dec 22 - reinstated amitriptyline for a few days made me feel worse so stopped 

• Administrator

Look for topics about specific symptoms such as burning and tingling  in the Symptoms and Self-Care forum

On 12/8/2022 at 3:29 PM, Altostrata said:

Depending on how you feel, you may wish to reinstate 1mg amitriptyline, using the prescription liquid. It is possible even this small amount will reduce the withdrawal reaction and pain, too, without making you too groggy. You may wish to take it in the evening in case it makes you drowsy.

After you stabilize for a while, you can taper off by minute amounts later.

This seems like your best option. How often are you taking diazepam?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

All the symptoms after using something a week 

Adhedonia 

Broken brain 

Memory loss

Everything looks and sounds different

Tremors

Worst headache 

Burning and numbness

Feel like I've got brain damage 

Unbelievable 😫 when will this end. Can't even function I'm a mess. It's ruined me.

Sorry to keep posting. Just getting it out don't want to keep going on about it to my husband. 

Already feel like I'll loose everything if this continues for months on end 

11th-18th october 22 - Amitriptyline  10mg daily - no longer take - adverse reaction 

28th Oct - 4th Dec 22 - diazepam 2mg - take 1 as required not every day- no longer take 

8th dec 22 - magnesium 

16th dec 22 - reinstated amitriptyline for a few days made me feel worse so stopped 

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Wardy4022 said:

All the symptoms after using something a week 

Using what for a week???

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

The amitriptyline. Only used it for 1 week and that's when all the problems started a couple of days after stopping. It's messed me up more than I could ever know mentally and physically. I don't know what it's done to me.

8th dec 22 - magnesium 

I feel so brain damaged and poisoned. I can't laugh can't cry can't scream. Feel like I've had a labotomy. The head pain and ear ringing is horrific. Just feel completely numb. 

It's not just physical stuff. Hows there any coming back from this.

8th dec 22 - magnesium 

So scared

8th dec 22 - magnesium 

Please help.

I can't function.

Nothing looks the same, sounds the same. My feelings are completely gone.

My brain broke.

The pain in my head is unbearable.

I've completely lost myself.

My husband is saying I need to go back on citalopram because they need me back.

I've said this isn't normal depression and anxiety. It's something the amitriptyline has caused.

I know that won't fix the damage the amitriptyline has done. It's damaged so much I don't know how to get back. Something feels damaged in my brain, my memory. All my feelings are just gone. My face is twitching. I feel completely poisoned.  It's absolute torture and I don't know how to get better.

8th dec 22 - magnesium 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Wardy4022,

Have you given any consideration to reinstatement with amitriptyline?  Read the topic?

Would your husband help with this, or read over information now so as to help you?

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

Tips for tapering off amitriptyline

you could make your liquid from those 10 mg tablets to get 1 mg, you'll find more in the link above about how to get a 1 mg dose.  There is also a prescription liquid

and then take that daily at the same time, or I might try that if it was me

On 12/8/2022 at 4:29 PM, Altostrata said:

Depending on how you feel, you may wish to reinstate 1mg amitriptyline, using the prescription liquid. It is possible even this small amount will reduce the withdrawal reaction and pain, too, without making you too groggy. You may wish to take it in the evening in case it makes you drowsy.

While keeping NOTES, those help keep things objective, and so you and we know what is going on in relation to what you are putting into your body.

Recording drug schedule and symptoms to track patterns and progress

and then in the first post, open the quote, and do NOTES like that, with the time on the left, and then drugs by name, and dose, on the right, same with supplements, and same with symptoms as they occur throughout the day.  Note the times going through your day, and note symptoms on the right, even when you are not taking a drug or supplement too. 

Are you sleeping?

Eating?

Getting outside, taking a short walk?

Any support outside your husband.....some one to just talk to, who might understand your neuroemotions right now, and be patient and kind, and helpful?  We often need more than one support, going through this.......and you are going through WD or something very much like it right now.  Have you looked at Glenmullen's symptom chart, given in your welcoming post back a page now?  You'll see a lot of what you are experiencing now, in the way of symptoms.

Yes.....it does feel like our reactions are super amplified when going through this.  Others here, and myself can attest to that.

What helps?

Look at the neuroemotions link(click on the underlined neuroemotions above, and then look at some of the further links that explain and offer coping helps too)

Sometimes understanding will help.

What is happening in your brain?

Non-drug techniques

Migraine, headache, neck ache, /pain and head pressure

How did the magnesium go?  Has it offered any relief?  Most will take that throughout the day for maximum benefit and calming.  Has it helped?

Are you or have you been using any diazepam?  If so, when and how much(dose)?  How often?

Wardy4022, you are not alone in what you are going through.  Not here. 

I wish you a better day today, and some healing, even a nice window.

L, P, H, and P,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
?'s bolding, more

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Thank you so much for the response.

I'm not functioning at all. Can't eat or sleep. Can barely walk with the tingling and numbness in my legs.

My memory is so bad that I can't remember what I put in a text or message straight after I've written it.

I've no feelings at all. Just terror and anxiety.

When I stopped the amitriptyline it was like I felt something in my head literally snapped I could feel it in my head and since then I can't remember anything or dream and I've got no feelings. 

My mums supporting me as well but both think I should go on citalopram as they think I have depression 😥

You don't get these symptoms from depression.

No I haven't used any diazepam or anything.

The magnesium doesn't seem to help yet.

I'm really scared to re instate incase it's a adr with only being on the amitriptyline a week. I feel so poisoned and seem to be getting worse and it's been 9 weeks since I stopped the amitriptyline. I'm in such a bad way completely none functioning and I feel like I'm brain dead. I cant even make a conversation. It sounds like it's not even me when I do manage to talk.

I'm so so scared. I want to be in hospital but they won't do anything.

I'm spiralling down and down my heads so bad. I could half cope with the physical stuff.

What happened in my brain 😥

Thank you for your message and support. I've no one to go through it with 

8th dec 22 - magnesium 

I've been reading a lot in the adr section and the 'I only took it for a week' so that's why I'm so worried about re instating as it says you can't get a dependency in a week.

I'm absolutely terrified.

It's like chemical anxiety and headaches. My pupils are absolutely massive and fists clenched all the time. 

I'm so desperate that if you think it's not a adr and is withdrawal I will try the 1mg.

Thank you again for your support and I'm sorry for all the posts just so scared.

8th dec 22 - magnesium 

I don't understand 😥 I'm in a fb amitriptyline group and people that have been on years and come off don't seem to be having the horrific symptoms I've got and I don't hear anyone say about the memory loss and loss of feelings.

What's this stuff done after 1 week. It's unbelievable and has absolutely ruined me. It's not normal 

8th dec 22 - magnesium 

• Administrator

@Wardy4022, if you're willing to take another drug, low-dose reinstatement of amitriptyline may be more effective.

On 12/8/2022 at 3:09 PM, Altostrata said:

It sounds like your system adapted to the amitriptyline in an unusually short amount of time, and you got a withdrawal reaction.

On 12/8/2022 at 3:29 PM, Altostrata said:

Thank you. Sorry to keep questioning it just really scared as I'm in the worst state of my life, I couldn't cope with it any worse. Cant function now. 

I'm going to have to give it a try. I feel so poorly and brain damaged, even my eyes and ears don't seem to work the same. I don't know what to do My head feels like its going to explode. Fingers crossed something works and I hope what its done isn't permanent. 

Up all night again with anxiety rushes one after the other

How can anything make someone like this in a week so scary. I actual felt something in my head break when I'd come of it and my memory and everything was never the same. It was when the adrenaline rushes and anxiety started. It scares me as I don't see a lot of people saying that. Just terrified I really am. 

Thanks again I really appreciate your responses and help.

Will be starting re reinstatement today. So scared

8th dec 22 - magnesium 

• Administrator

Your reaction is very unusual. However, you did get some pain relief from amitriptyline. It seems you took too much before.

Just trying to read through making a liquid, sorry I'm not with it so just checking 

So its just room temp water

Dissolve 10mg tablet in 10ml water. 

1ml = 1mg

I will be able to keep the solution for 10 days won't I, stored away from light.

8th dec 22 - magnesium 

Just now, Altostrata said:

Your reaction is very unusual. However, you did get some pain relief from amitriptyline. It seems you took too much before.

It's really unusual. I don't understand it at all on a low dose as well. Don't know what it's done or why.

To feel so horrific 9 weeks after as well only using it for a week. It's ruined me mentally and physically 

8th dec 22 - magnesium 

• Administrator

Your doctor can prescribe the amitriptyline oral solution. Please let us know how you're doing.

1 minute ago, Altostrata said:

Your doctor can prescribe the amitriptyline oral solution.

I can't go to them at the moment.

With everything that went on and me going to the doctors to find out what happened and why I was so poorly they put it under allergies on my record as that's all they could offer to do as they didn't have a clue.

I've got 21 10mg tablets left which I'm going to start with and hopefully it makes a difference and I'll go back to the doctors.

8th dec 22 - magnesium 

I'm so so ill.

Theres crushing in my head, loud ringing in my ears.

Tingling in my feet and legs

Feels like concrete in my head.

I can't remember things

Can't smile laugh or cry

Can't feel anything it's like I've no feelings what so ever

My husband is crying as he's been at his grandads funeral and I feel nothing. No expression on my face nothing.

I feel like something really bad has happened to me that isn't going to reverse.

When I came off amitriptyline within a couple of day and all the panic and adrenalin rushes started I told my husband something had broken in my head and when it did my feelings and memory went with it. Then I had severe sweats, burning sensations, insomnia and the rest of it.

I've seen the video about the guy in Auckland. What if its done that to me. I keep saying I feel like I've been poisoned 

This feels bad and not normal and I don't know where to go for help. Where do I go to check what's happening. I can't go through life feeling absolutely nothing

8th dec 22 - magnesium 

This is so distressing and I can't find any story like mine after a week. It's not just brain fog. Something snapped in my head and now I feel brain damaged. I'm so scared and don't know what to do 😫😫😫

8th dec 22 - magnesium 

• Administrator

You have a fairly typical case of antidepressant withdrawal syndrome. There are hundreds of cases like yours on this site. You do not have brain damage. Nobody seems to like withdrawal syndrome.

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

You have a fairly typical case of antidepressant withdrawal syndrome. There are hundreds of cases like yours on this site. You do not have brain damage. Nobody seems to like withdrawal syndrome.

Thankyou for replying.

Just scares me with having severe withdrawal symptoms 9 weeks still after only having amitryptyline for a week. I could understand it if I'd been on it weeks/months/years. 

I keep searching for anyone with a story like mine and can't find anyone so that scares me even more. 

8th dec 22 - magnesium 

I'm just going to have to try the 1mg reinstating and hope it does something.

I can't even stand it the anxiety and insomnia is horrendous.

Just double checking. 

Room temp water. Dissolve 10mg tablet in 10ml water. 1ml will equal 1mg? 

Is that right please?

Only have 21 of the 10mg tablets left.

If this works will need to go  back to the doctors to get more.

So it'll give me 210 days at 1mg with what I've got

I'll see an improvement way before then won't I if it's going to work?

8th dec 22 - magnesium 

Started the first 1ml.

10ml water dissolved 10mg tablet.

Does the rest need refrigerating?

Praying this works as it's ruined me I'm like a completely different person 😥 just want my old life and self back 

8th dec 22 - magnesium 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 12/13/2022 at 10:40 PM, Wardy4022 said:

Just trying to read through making a liquid, sorry I'm not with it so just checking 

So its just room temp water

Dissolve 10mg tablet in 10ml water. 

1ml = 1mg

I will be able to keep the solution for 10 days won't I, stored away from light.

On 12/16/2022 at 2:36 AM, Wardy4022 said:

Started the first 1ml.

10ml water dissolved 10mg tablet.

Praying this works as it's ruined me I'm like a completely different person 😥 just want my old life and self back 

Hi Wardy, 

Yes, I would refrigerate your solution once it is mixed up. And protect it from light.

Here is the topic again:

Tips for tapering off amitriptyline

And this excerpt from ^:

Making your own liquid suspension of amitriptyline

A liquid preparation of Amitriptyline could be made simply by dissolving the tablets in a specific volume of water. (It is also soluble in ethanol, see below.) If you make your own liquid, you will want to use an oral syringe for precise dosing. See How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

About basic amitriptyline in tablets: Manzo 2006 Biowaiver Monographs for Immediate Release Solid Oral Dosage Forms: Amitriptyline Hydrochloride http://www.fip.org/files/fip/BPS/BCS/Monographs/Manzo%202006.pdf

Amitriptyline hydrochloride is soluble 1:1 in water.11 The USP and the Ph. Eur. report this API to be ‘‘freely soluble in water’’.

How stable is this solution of amitriptyline in water? See Buckles 2008 The stability of amitriptyline hydrochloride in aqueous solution http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2710.1976.tb00052.x/abstract

The present work, using thin layer chromatography and polarography, reports that solutions of amitriptyline hydrochloride in purified water at room temperature are stable for at least 8 weeks if protected from light.

Edited by manymoretodays
formatting difficulties, re-formatting

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

So, in purified water, it is saying it is stable for up to 8 weeks. 

I would just go with a week or 10 days if it was me, to be on the safe side.

When did you start the reinstatement.  Was it on the 17th of December then, not on Tuesday the 13th?

When do you take it?

Can you try to do some daily drug and symptom logs or NOTES.

Time on the left, all drugs and supplements by name and dosage on the right.  As well as symptoms on the right of the times.  Note times throughout the day.  And just jot down what is going on, on paper first.......then share here.  Describe a symptom once if necessary, and then you could use a rating scale for it if it repeats at different times of day.

See:

Just click the right upper arrow to see how to, what we want to see, and a sample Note.

On December 8th, this is what you said happened when you took amitriptyline:

On 12/8/2022 at 3:29 PM, Wardy4022 said:

I took the amitriptyline for a week. I just didn't like how drowsy and out if it I felt. I felt as I couldn't drive . So I stopped taking it.

And then you have not taken any diazepam since November 22?  Your signature says December 22 for an end date to diazepam.

You can get to your signature for updates or correction quickly here:

AccountsSettings/signature updates/edits

Oh Wardy, try not to read into too much...... or overly compare with everything with someone else's story or symptoms.  Your symptoms sound like what so many do have here.

Get some Notes done please.  Then post when you have 24 hours done.  They may actually help you stay more objective now.

Are you sleeping?  Getting outside even briefly each day?  Doing some hygiene?  And managing any other little task or tasks?

Okay, hugs and best,

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

• Administrator
On 12/16/2022 at 1:36 AM, Wardy4022 said:

Keep in a capped, tinted container in the refrigerator.

Hey hope you’re doing good. I had an adverse reaction 7 months ago. If you ever wanna talk your welcome to reach out to me :) 

April 2022- Only 1 celxa pill 10mg

had an adverse reaction & never took anymore again 

Hi

I had to stop the amitriptyline reinstatement.

It made me feel even worse quite quickly with burning in my chest, ringing in my ears and burning in my arms.

I'm completely at a loss now.

Every day I wake up the same 

symptoms 

Severe headache 

Ringing in ears

Weakness

Tingling and numbness all over

Sweating 

Insomnia 

Sight is different 

Change in personality 

Hearing is different 

Feel like I've had a labotomy 

No feelings except anxiety 

Can't function at all

Theres nothing in my brain to tell me what to do

Blank mind.

I think I've had an amitriptyline induced toxic encephalopathy 

It says that it presents as seratonin syndrome which is initially what I thought I'd had when I stopped taking it, with the severe adrenaline rushes, big pupils, drenched in sweat, severe insomnia, just felt electrically charged and poisoned.

The whole thing has been horrific.

I've been so poorly since then and its just a feeling of being completely poisoned.

I can't see as theres any other explanation with only being on it a week.

Can't even bare the thought this is permanent. Been 10 weeks now I think and I just feel done.

It's done something really bad and I don't know what's going on

8th dec 22 - magnesium 

Oh and the complete loss of feelings. Just feel brain dead and catatonic.

Feel damaged beyond any repair.

I was nothing like this before taking those amitriptyline and only for a week 

Can't laugh, cry, no emotion or feelings for anyone or anything 

Just feel like I've had a labotomy 

8th dec 22 - magnesium 

So scared.

I don't know what to do.

All this started after stopping the amitriptyline. Everything built up and is getting worse.

Knowing what I know now what if it is citalopram withdrawal kicking in? 

Now I know people taper for years. 

I only did it as what the doctor said and now I know that means nothing.

I didn't get immediate withdrawal off the citalopram and felt fine for 5 month before taking the amitriptyline. What if it's just disrupted something or what if its citalopram withdrawal and timing was just a coincidence.

I can't feel like this for years I will loose everything. Why have I no attachment to anyone or anything. This is not me and is too distressing for me to cope with. 

This is not the mum I was. I can't cope with it.

I'm going to end up being thrown in a mental ward.

All my feelings have just switched off I can't stand it.

I can't look at my family and feel nothing.

Amitriptyline withdrawal, adverse amitriptyline reaction, citalopram withdrawal kicking in late and just coinciding with stopping the amitriptyline.

I don't know what's happening so I can't rectify it.

The symptoms seem unbelievable and so horrific for it to be down to taking amitriptyline for a week.

I asked the doctor if it could be protracted citalopram withdrawal and she looked at me like I was an alien. 

Don't know what to do anymore

😫😥

8th dec 22 - magnesium 

With protracted withdrawal do you have to have the acute first? As I didn't have any was fine until the amitriptyline in Oct. Or can it just happen ages later.

Maybe I still had high levels of serotonin in my system from the citalopram and adding the amitriptyline took it to too much even though it's not an SSRI. 

In such a mess can't cope with the no feelings and memory loss.

Wish I knew what happened so I could even attempt to do something about it

8th dec 22 - magnesium 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Wardy4022,

Protracted- definition- from- Cambridge English Dictionary:

lasting for a long time or made to last longer than necessary

synonyms: drawn out, lengthy, prolonged, extended, long(Time)

5 hours ago, Wardy4022 said:

With protracted withdrawal do you have to have the acute first? As I didn't have any was fine until the amitriptyline in Oct. Or can it just happen ages later.

Maybe I still had high levels of serotonin in my system from the citalopram and adding the amitriptyline took it to too much even though it's not an SSRI. 

In such a mess can't cope with the no feelings and memory loss.

Wish I knew what happened so I could even attempt to do something about it

That's it......there isn't much you can do about it, unfortunately.  I take it you are referring to the citalopram WD, as you felt you had none........up until the amitriptyline and after.

I think it relates to:

Hypersensitivity and Kindling

and even without a noted "acute WD" from the citalopram

On 12/22/2022 at 2:17 AM, Wardy4022 said:

Hi

I had to stop the amitriptyline reinstatement.

It made me feel even worse quite quickly with burning in my chest, ringing in my ears and burning in my arms.

I'm completely at a loss now.

Every day I wake up the same 

symptoms 

Severe headache 

Ringing in ears

Weakness

Tingling and numbness all over

Sweating 

Insomnia 

Sight is different 

Change in personality 

Hearing is different 

Feel like I've had a labotomy 

No feelings except anxiety 

Can't function at all

Theres nothing in my brain to tell me what to do

Blank mind.

I think I've had an amitriptyline induced toxic encephalopathy 

It says that it presents as seratonin syndrome which is initially what I thought I'd had when I stopped taking it, with the severe adrenaline rushes, big pupils, drenched in sweat, severe insomnia, just felt electrically charged and poisoned.

And okay.  How many days did you try the 1 mg amitriptyline?

Are you reading elsewhere or here of worst case scenarios?  If so, please stop.  I think it is fairly rare and unlikely that you have toxic encephalopathy Wardy4022.

How is the pressure on you to perform now?  Is it up around the holidays?  I mean that pressure to do more, be more, than you possibly can be at this point in your journey and recovery.

I see all your symptoms and want to ask if all those were there too, when you did your brief trial reinstatement with the amitriptyline?

And then.......to see, just to see that many others here are dealing with the same symptoms:

Tips to help sleep: so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

tinnitus: what does all that noise mean?

I picked 2 symptoms and then just went to: Symptoms and Self Care

Then look up at the top right and you'll see a search box.

Put in the symptom.

And then you can see what topics we have there to look at, and maybe find even some simple coping.......non-drug coping stuff to do or try.

Try some guided meditations or simple distractions:

-easing-your-way-into-meditation-for-a-stressed-out-nervous-system

-yoga-for-calming-very-simple-poses-can-help-greatly

-journaling-journalling-writing-therapy-therapeutic-writing

They have coloring books for adults out now too.  Those can be great and you get a nice picture when done with crayon, pencils, or markers.

And of course there are many more things you might try to get out of your present thinking of perpetual doom and loss.

SIX mistakes I've Made in Withdrawal

see the part about stinking thinking ^

Dealing with Emotional Spirals

Don't feed your thoughts with negative input at all.  Stay away from finding the worst cases.  Please.  It's only been a couple of months.  Now is not forever!

Oh Wardy4022, I am so very sorry it is still bad and hard.  And we may never know exactly what happened.......but we do have a good idea of what happened........I mean look around at all your fellow people here who are dealing with much the same.

I still, of course........feel very hopeful that you will find a full healing.  Is there anything at all improved?  I mean one little thing or something that has gone well for you or slightly better, at any time?

That is what we need to focus on now.  It will help.

And best,

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
bolded

Thank you for replying and your continued support.

I'm so terrified every second of every day because it's just like all my feelings have been erased and everything and everyone looks and sounds different. I'm like a stranger in the mirror and in my own life. I've no connections to anything.

Its absolute hell and everything has been the same for 10 weeks.

How can your feelings just get erased it's making me so distressed constantly.

I've no connections to the days or time either.

It's like I'm a different person overnight so detached from everything. Can't get any comfort or joy out of anything. I feel like I can't stand to be in my own mind and body for another second of torture.

My memory is terrible can't remember what I've put in a message and when I re read them its like reading them for the first time.

The only thing that has eased off from the beginning is the internal tremors and most of the burning sensations.

During the reinstating I got burning in my chest and arms and the ringing in my ears was worse. This was after a few days.

I didn't get any acute withdrawal off the citalopram. I know we'll never know but thinking the amitriptyline upsetting things could have kicked off a wd from the citalopram.

It's all just so hard wish I knew how to make this go away. I'm just an absolute mess and it makes me think of worst case. Feel like I've had a labotomy and all my feelings and personality have gone at the flick of a switch.

Could cope with anything but not this feelings loss thing.

Theres nothing no anger, sadness, happiness just nothing. I can't cry. Theres no release. Screaming inside but just nothing. Its torture 

8th dec 22 - magnesium 

• Administrator

Quite often, people who have taken antidepressants for many years report an emotional anesthesia after they go off the drugs. This is an aftereffect of taking antidepressants. It will very slowly go away.