SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Tips for tapering off duloxetine (Cymbalta)

Altostrata

Here are pics of what I take in the evening, the morning and the powders I mix into juice in the morning. I take a bunch of other superfood powders too but these are the two I started taking in June specifically for sleep. 

Also screenshots of the summary screens outlining natural sleep / fatigue remedies. Highly recommend actually watching the documentary series, too. It screens for free every now and then, just go the website and sign up. 

B5CC6B3C-67F9-4C9C-8BA8-7F2C037C1F50.jpeg

8414A1D1-8ED7-411A-BDDE-DABEA54FB8C5.jpeg

4E88C018-2D3F-49D7-84AA-CC588D833C02.jpeg

583BF394-0327-4F05-ADE9-FBFA23E01AB4.jpeg

E074BF5F-69FF-490C-AAEB-EC4778783F70.jpeg

CymbaltaDrone

(almost) drug free since mid August 2011

Cymbalta 3 yrs in combo with Wellbutrin 2yrs, Seroquel "as needed"

Zoloft prescribed a couple of times during teens

You are your own best - and possibly only - health advocate. Nobody cares as much about your health and wellbeing as you do, no matter what they may tell you. You cannot sit back and just "trust" the experts, who may well not care about your health at all.

Psychiatry is a horrific fraud being perpetuated on our civilisation. One day, I'm sure it will be exposed. Until then, we've got to share our stories and help each other as we are able.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Altostrata

• DavidfromTexas

• ChessieCat

• Giulietta

1 hour ago, SDOE said:

I just had no idea how tough this road was going to be. 

1 hour ago, SDOE said:

I'm not reinstating but I don't want to live like this forever.  I just keep trying different things for now.

Hello SDOE,

I misunderstood your first post. 😕 After revisiting your signature and new post I somewhat better understand where you are coming from. Other people on the site who have been on multiple ADs for 10 years or more (including myself) are struggling with insomnia too. One person who has taken a great many ADs (I don't know if cymbalta is amongst them) is @Rhiannon  and has made some useful comments about insomnia. She may have some ideas.

There is a forum for cymbalta patients only (Cymbalta Withdrawl Support - something like that).

I am attempting to put in evening practices as I am able to (depending on external circumstances) in an effort to improve my sleep - with varying degrees of success (if I wake up only 1x night I consider myself fortunate!). I am not taking any sleep supplements including melatonin (maybe I should try). I don't know if you are already doing any of the below. 

A weighted blanket. I didn't know these existed until Aug/Sept!

Black-out eye mask - this has made a great improvement particarly re: cortisol spikes

(although I don't use - some people find ear buds help them)

Low light after 7. No computer after 7 - if I need to I wear amber glasses.  If I watch tv - I wear amber glasses.

20 minutes of 'meditation' - something that is a slow work in progress to learn

Positive thoughts and general gratitude in 3 hours prior to bed.

I wish I could offer you some other suggestions for insomnia. I am muddling my way through this these past few years and hope it gets better - as with the anxiety.

Giuilietta :)

18 hours ago, Guilietta said:

Hello SDOE,

I misunderstood your first post. 😕 After revisiting your signature and new post I somewhat better understand where you are coming from. Other people on the site who have been on multiple ADs for 10 years or more (including myself) are struggling with insomnia too. One person who has taken a great many ADs (I don't know if cymbalta is amongst them) is @Rhiannon  and has made some useful comments about insomnia. She may have some ideas.

There is a forum for cymbalta patients only (Cymbalta Withdrawl Support - something like that).

I am attempting to put in evening practices as I am able to (depending on external circumstances) in an effort to improve my sleep - with varying degrees of success (if I wake up only 1x night I consider myself fortunate!). I am not taking any sleep supplements including melatonin (maybe I should try). I don't know if you are already doing any of the below. 

A weighted blanket. I didn't know these existed until Aug/Sept!

Black-out eye mask - this has made a great improvement particarly re: cortisol spikes

(although I don't use - some people find ear buds help them)

Low light after 7. No computer after 7 - if I need to I wear amber glasses.  If I watch tv - I wear amber glasses.

20 minutes of 'meditation' - something that is a slow work in progress to learn

Positive thoughts and general gratitude in 3 hours prior to bed.

I wish I could offer you some other suggestions for insomnia. I am muddling my way through this these past few years and hope it gets better - as with the anxiety.

Giuilietta :)

Giuilietta, thank you for the additional tips. A lot of them I do but some I can implement or modify.  Usually with my insomnia I wake only one time now but I'm up for an average of 2 to 2 1/2 hours when I wake.

-2005 -2016 60mg Cymbalta

11/2016 abrupt drop to 30mg. Insomnia started (about 2x a week.)

6/29/2017 started aggressive taper. Dosage:6/29 25mg,7/7 20mg,7/10 15mg,7/1713mg,7/18 10 mg,7/22 8mg,7/31 7.5mg,8/1 6.25mg. At 6.25mg insomnia every night (waking 2-4am.) 

8/2017 began up dosing 8/9 7.5mg,8/16 10mg.

Late 2017 new taper from 25mg. Approx 10% reduction per mos (mini-tablets.) 10mg sleep would not stabilize. Cont'd taper meds running out.

Jan 2019 stopped taper at 2.5mg. Using only supplements. Morning 500mg tyrosine, 100mg L-theanine, 600mg NAC. After breakfast 1000mg fish oil, 5mg iron, 2000IU D3, B complex, 500mg ginseng, 50mg ginkgo, probiotics & 50mg zinc. Bedtime 1000mg tryptophan, 500mg gaba, 3mg time released melatonin, 325mg magnesium powder, & 100mg progesterone.

Feb 2019 brain zaps gone. Still have chronic insomnia & anxiety at times.

March 2019-Purchased Alpha Stim

May 2019-sleep still inconsistent.

October 2019- (Morning) L-Tyrosine, Super B complex, 5mg ferritin,fish oil, vit c, (Evening)200mg progesterone, 1mg Natrol Time Release Melatonin, 325mg Calm magnesium, glycine powder. Alpha Stim only seems to help with anxiety not insomnia. Usually wake up nightly average of 2 hours. *Using 25mg Benadryl or 12.5mg Doxylamine Succinate occasionally

19 hours ago, CymbaltaDrone said:

Here are pics of what I take in the evening, the morning and the powders I mix into juice in the morning. I take a bunch of other superfood powders too but these are the two I started taking in June specifically for sleep. 

Also screenshots of the summary screens outlining natural sleep / fatigue remedies. Highly recommend actually watching the documentary series, too. It screens for free every now and then, just go the website and sign up. 

B5CC6B3C-67F9-4C9C-8BA8-7F2C037C1F50.jpeg

8414A1D1-8ED7-411A-BDDE-DABEA54FB8C5.jpeg

4E88C018-2D3F-49D7-84AA-CC588D833C02.jpeg

583BF394-0327-4F05-ADE9-FBFA23E01AB4.jpeg

E074BF5F-69FF-490C-AAEB-EC4778783F70.jpeg

CymbaltaDrone thank you for sharing your supplement routine for insomnia.  I have not heard of He Shou Wu but interesting as well as the documentary.  I tried lots of supplements but not this one. I will definitely look into it.

-2005 -2016 60mg Cymbalta

11/2016 abrupt drop to 30mg. Insomnia started (about 2x a week.)

6/29/2017 started aggressive taper. Dosage:6/29 25mg,7/7 20mg,7/10 15mg,7/1713mg,7/18 10 mg,7/22 8mg,7/31 7.5mg,8/1 6.25mg. At 6.25mg insomnia every night (waking 2-4am.) 

8/2017 began up dosing 8/9 7.5mg,8/16 10mg.

Late 2017 new taper from 25mg. Approx 10% reduction per mos (mini-tablets.) 10mg sleep would not stabilize. Cont'd taper meds running out.

Jan 2019 stopped taper at 2.5mg. Using only supplements. Morning 500mg tyrosine, 100mg L-theanine, 600mg NAC. After breakfast 1000mg fish oil, 5mg iron, 2000IU D3, B complex, 500mg ginseng, 50mg ginkgo, probiotics & 50mg zinc. Bedtime 1000mg tryptophan, 500mg gaba, 3mg time released melatonin, 325mg magnesium powder, & 100mg progesterone.

Feb 2019 brain zaps gone. Still have chronic insomnia & anxiety at times.

March 2019-Purchased Alpha Stim

May 2019-sleep still inconsistent.

October 2019- (Morning) L-Tyrosine, Super B complex, 5mg ferritin,fish oil, vit c, (Evening)200mg progesterone, 1mg Natrol Time Release Melatonin, 325mg Calm magnesium, glycine powder. Alpha Stim only seems to help with anxiety not insomnia. Usually wake up nightly average of 2 hours. *Using 25mg Benadryl or 12.5mg Doxylamine Succinate occasionally

1 hour ago, SDOE said:

Usually with my insomnia I wake only one time now but I'm up for an average of 2 to 2 1/2 hours when I wake.

Hi. Sorry to say I may also be in this ship with you, as was the case last last night.  sometimes I do find watching TV relaxing - a light sitcom - wearing the beautiful amber glasses :) (I found a large pair on amazon - which fit over my regular glasses). If I can stay up until 9.30ish that can be helpful. Often I am too tired to stay awake beyond.

Can anyone point me in the direction of posts or threads on Zoloft/cymbalta combinations? My friend is on both. Sertraline from GP and cymbalta from neurologist for fibromyalgia diagnosis. Seems like an odd combination to me. 

1999:  Paroxetine (20mg). Age 16. 2007-2008: Fluoxetine (Prozac) for 1.5 years (age 25) Citalopram 20mg 2002-2005, 2009: Escitalopram (20mg), 2 weeks, (age 26) (adverse  reaction)/*Valium 5mg/Temazepam 10mg 2010: Mirtazipine (Remeron)( do not remember dosage) 2010, 5 months.                     2010-2017: Citalopram (20mg) (age 27 to 34) 2016: i.1st Sept- 31st Oct Citalopram 10mg , ii.1st November 2017-30th November 2017, Citalopram 5mg iii.1st December 2017- 4th February 2018, Citalopram 0mg, iv.5th February 2018- March 2018 Citalopram 5mg (10mg every other day) 28th February- tried titration of 5mg ( some adverse effects)

2018: 1st March 2018- 1st June Citalopram 10 mg (tablet form) /started titration 8mg , then 7 mg.2018: June 15th- 10th July Citalopram 10 mg pill every other day 2018: 10th July - 13th Sept Citalopram- 0mg  (CBD oil first month of 0mg, passiflora on and off) 2018 13th Sept Citalopram  2mg ,  approx 16th Sept 4mg , approx 25th Sept 6mg held.  2019: 11 Feb 19: 7mg (instant bad rxn) 12 Feb 19 6mg held 1 May 19 5.4mg held 5 Oct 19 5.36mg 22 Oct 19 5.29mg 30 Oct 19 5.23mg 4/NOV/19 5.18mg 12 Nov 19 5.08mg 20 Nov 19 4.77mg 7 May 22 2.31mg 17/09/2023 0.8mg

(Herbal/Supplements since 1st September: Omega Fish Oil 1200mg, 663mg of EPA- 2 tablets a day, magnesium and magnesium bath salts)

I did not die, and yet I lost life’s breath
- Dante

• Administrator

An SSRI such as Zoloft and an SNRI such as Cymbalta are bad combinations, discouraged in all guidelines because of well-known drug-drug interactions.

We don't have any threads specifically on this combination, which should not be prescribed at all. You might tell your friend to put all his or her drugs into the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php , print out the report and take to the prescribing physician.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Do not use Boulevard Pharmacy to compound duloxetine/cymbalta!

I learned after posting this information about Boulevard Pharmacy that one cannot crush these beads - which is what this pharmacy did to create the liquid. Essentially I CT'd off duloxetine/cymbalta and suffered acute WD for months - followed by prolonged WD.

• 5 months later...

Titled: Beads in Duloxetine 60 mg by Biogran

Hello Eveyone, 

I would like to know how many beads are in a Duloxetine (by Biogaran - France) 60 mg capsules. Can anyone please advise 

Thank you so much for your help 

Ectactos 

Edited by manymoretodays
moved from intros to topic, title added

Duloxetine 60 mg: Started February 2018, Daily morning, 1 dose. Started Tapering 16 Aprl 2020 at 5% rate.

Rivotril (Clonazepam) 0.5 mg: Started February 2018, Daily afternoon, 1 dose

• Moderator Emeritus

1 hour ago, ectactos said:

@Gridley

I have done so opening 8 pills. Beads ranged between 345-352 (Average 348) in case someone needed this piece of info

Cheers 

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• 1 month later...

Can anyone recommend a funnel to put the Duloxetine pellets back into the original capsules?

Cymbalta/Duloxetine

2012-2014 - Cymbalta/Duloxetine 60mg

2015- Duloxetine compounding pharmacy taper from 60mg at 5mg per month, ~10 months.

March to June 2016 – off Duloxetine. 

June 2016- Tried many different drugs to treat sever anxiety: Paxil, Prozac, Latuda. 
July 2016- Reinstated Duloxetine 60mg.  
8/24/20- Reduced from 60mg to 30mg of Duloxetine.  (I thought I could do this due to my whole food plants only diet and vigorous exercise routine, huge mistake!)

9/6/20 – Reinstated 60mg due to unbearable withdrawal symptoms: non-specific anxiety, anger, agitation, sore eyes, weight loss, headache, trouble staying asleep, and dizziness. 

9/11/20 – I’m feeling much better after reinstating 60mg, but still a little anxious. 

I want to do a 10% monthly taper from the last dosage once I stabilize on my initial dose of 60mg

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, plantsrule said:

Can anyone recommend a funnel to put the Duloxetine pellets back into the original capsules?

See:  counting-beads-in-a-capsule-versus-weighing

Go to eBay.com or amazon.com and do a search for mini funnel

If you find one that works, please add the information to the Counting Beads topic (link above)

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

These funnels fit in both my 20 or 30mg capsules distributed by Rising Health, LLC

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DDJ48DC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The two smallest funnels fit my 60mg capsules distributed by Rising Health, LLC 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KJQ29D6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cymbalta/Duloxetine

2012-2014 - Cymbalta/Duloxetine 60mg

2015- Duloxetine compounding pharmacy taper from 60mg at 5mg per month, ~10 months.

March to June 2016 – off Duloxetine. 

June 2016- Tried many different drugs to treat sever anxiety: Paxil, Prozac, Latuda. 
July 2016- Reinstated Duloxetine 60mg.  
8/24/20- Reduced from 60mg to 30mg of Duloxetine.  (I thought I could do this due to my whole food plants only diet and vigorous exercise routine, huge mistake!)

9/6/20 – Reinstated 60mg due to unbearable withdrawal symptoms: non-specific anxiety, anger, agitation, sore eyes, weight loss, headache, trouble staying asleep, and dizziness. 

9/11/20 – I’m feeling much better after reinstating 60mg, but still a little anxious. 

I want to do a 10% monthly taper from the last dosage once I stabilize on my initial dose of 60mg

• 6 months later...

If I’m trying to reinstate after a year of hell paws trying to see how I might react if I take 5 beads do they need to be in the capsule

• Moderator Emeritus

The information is in Post #1 of this topic.

On 5/7/2011 at 5:26 AM, Altostrata said:

NOTE When you are taking loose beads, put them in an empty capsule to swallow them. Gelatin capsules and vegetarian capsules are available at health food store. The FDA reports here http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/ucm103473.pdf there have been some instances of the beads causing throat irritation when swallowed without a capsule.

Dividing Cymbalta beads into empty gelatin capsules
To make counting of the beads easier, this technique may work with Cymbalta, see details at
http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/235-tapering-techniques/page__view__findpost__p__3033

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

Thank you just a guess please with my sensetivity to the increase in neurotransmitter now after pulling the cym which worked well 12 years

odds for success in restarting even if I have too put 4+ beads in a cap

if it sends me off into anxiety badly his long should I keep trying.

see I loved my cym but got hit so badly taper stopping I would give anything to get back there.    Do you know of anyone reinstating at a snails pace successfully given my brain has had a year of paws.

ive gotta do something as you know the drs are no help just the list of available meds.  My genomijnd report shows cym as a good option as I said I always did well but initially the dr put klon over it because it was stimulating and that worked for many years I still take the klon but my drs advice is to drastically increase it which I’m not comfortable with.

im so very sorry for what I’ve done and want to get back as I need what it was providing my head is dead but even nut sups send me up 

I’m hoping the synapses etc will respond ok.    Please say there’s a chance as I’m at my end. I know I’d be better if my wd wasn’t so bad and I had a robust system like some who go in and out with meds but I need some hope.

4 beads?   2 beads?     I’m in no hurry I just need it to work to get to 30mgs to start.   Please

• Moderator Emeritus

@Bird

Please ask the above questions and questions specific to your situation in your Introduction topic.

That way your history will all be in one place and you will not have to repeat your story.

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, Bird said:

4 beads?   2 beads?     I’m in no hurry I just need it to work to get to 30mgs to start.   Please

I have responded in your Introduction topic.

• Altostrata changed the title to Tips for tapering off duloxetine (Cymbalta)
  • 9 months later...

Hey all, writing here with a Cymbalta question. As I wrote in my intro thread, I'm currently on 20mg and I'm looking to put a plan in place for an eventual taper. Here's what I'm wondering:

1. I've tried to open Cymbalta (and Effexor) capsules in the past and have not been able to. Everyone else seems to be able to open their capsules. Are there any tips for getting these things open so I can re-use the original capsules?

2. I'm fine with the idea of putting beads in a new gel capsule, but whenever I've done this in the past (with both Cymbalta and Effexor), the new capsule makes the beads/medication hit me very differently. Am I using the wrong capsules? Are the beads not even making it to the part of my body where they should be absorbed?

Tl;Dr: How can I get these tiny capsules open? They only seem to want to be cut. But putting beads in new empty capsules changes how the medication is processed and it hits me very differently. Any ideas/help?

2011-2019 (approx). Effexor XR 75mg

2019-2021. Effexor XR 37.5mg

(A handful of 2-5 month breaks from meds in that 10 year period.)

3-month taper by adding hours between pills, March-June (approx.) 2021.

Reinstated temporarily due to severe withdrawal symptoms, September 2021. 6-week taper, ending in mid-November 2021.

• Moderator Emeritus
5 hours ago, CoffeeTennis said:

Hey all, writing here with a Cymbalta question. As I wrote in my intro thread, I'm currently on 20mg and I'm looking to put a plan in place for an eventual taper. Here's what I'm wondering:

1. I've tried to open Cymbalta (and Effexor) capsules in the past and have not been able to. Everyone else seems to be able to open their capsules. Are there any tips for getting these things open so I can re-use the original capsules?

2. I'm fine with the idea of putting beads in a new gel capsule, but whenever I've done this in the past (with both Cymbalta and Effexor), the new capsule makes the beads/medication hit me very differently. Am I using the wrong capsules? Are the beads not even making it to the part of my body where they should be absorbed?

Tl;Dr: How can I get these tiny capsules open? They only seem to want to be cut. But putting beads in new empty capsules changes how the medication is processed and it hits me very differently. Any ideas/help?

From Post #1 of this topic:

On 5/7/2011 at 5:26 AM, Altostrata said:

Duloxetine (Cymbalta) is tricky to taper. It does not come in liquid form and cannot be compounded into a liquid. To protect the drug, each bead, mini-tablet, or flake inside the gelatin capsule has an enteric coating to protect the drug from stomach acid, which would destroy the drug. (It is absorbed further down in the digestive tract.)

The contents of a duloxetine capsule cannot be crushed dissolved in any liquid without destroying the active ingredient -- you would have immediate cold-turkey withdrawal.

3 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

From Post #1 of this topic:

I believe you think you're educating me somehow with your allusive post. However, I can't figure out what you're trying to say (other than "Read the post, idiot."). The information in that post doesn't speak to my experience with the gelatin capsules referenced in the post (that I read the first time, thank you very much.)

2011-2019 (approx). Effexor XR 75mg

2019-2021. Effexor XR 37.5mg

(A handful of 2-5 month breaks from meds in that 10 year period.)

3-month taper by adding hours between pills, March-June (approx.) 2021.

Reinstated temporarily due to severe withdrawal symptoms, September 2021. 6-week taper, ending in mid-November 2021.

• Moderator Emeritus
29 minutes ago, CoffeeTennis said:

I believe you think you're educating me somehow with your allusive post. However, I can't figure out what you're trying to say (other than "Read the post, idiot."). The information in that post doesn't speak to my experience with the gelatin capsules referenced in the post (that I read the first time, thank you very much.)

I'm sorry if you took my post the wrong way, however there a lot of members who do not bother to read the information thoroughly, and of course the staff cannot know if a member has read the relevant information which is why we point them to it just in case they have not actually seen/read it.

Q:  Are you using Cymbalta brand or a generic?

One thing you might try is holding the capsule in the palm of your hand for a little bit to see if the "seal" will loosen.  If that works, then when you want to make a batch of capsules you might be able to put them in a warmer place (but not too warm and for as short a time as possible) just before you open them.  Wearing some tight fitting rubber gloves might provide some extra grip when twisting them to open them.

The above are just some ideas; I don't know if it will work.

• Administrator

To open the capsule, grasp each end and gently twist the top part. The capsule should come apart. Be sure to put something under this operation in case the beads fall out. Carefully put the top part aside and count out the beads you want to discard (or take). You'll want to put it back on once you create your dose. Then you can take the whole capsule as usual.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 7 months later...

I’ve been on this drug for almost 10 yrs or more. Ten beads was way way to much for me. The depression has been unbearable for me. My reduction will be slow. There is know way I’m going through this again. My home etc has been neglected because of how bad I feel. It’s been weeks and I can’t believe I still feel bad. Sorry for repeating myself but I have to share.

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2019 at 1:29 PM, SDOE said:

Guilietta, I don't mean to sound negative but the insomnia first started in 2016 and got progressively worse.  I've searched this website and I haven't found anyone that was a long term user of only Cymbalta (10+ years) that has healed. Maybe there are some but I haven't found any. I know I'm not where I once was in 2017, 2018, & there was some really bad times in 2019 but I just had no idea how tough this road was going to be.  I have healed in a lot of ways but the insomnia prevents me from living a life like I led before.  I've tried a lot of things to try to solve my insomnia and so far I cannot. At this point, I'm not reinstating but I don't want to live like this forever.  I just keep trying different things for now.

Hi, I know it's been a few years since this thread. Have you recovered? I'm a long term user of C and fast tapered and had to reinstate back to 60mg. I'm too scared to start tapering slowly over many years because of symptoms that may come up post tapering. When you say you haven't found anyone who has healed from long term use of C, what do you mean? So even if I taper slowly, I will never fully heal? Thank you for time.

About 10 years ago started 30mg Cymbalta, I can't remember if I took consistently.

Since 2018 Cymbalta 60mg, consistently.

Since 2018 Buspirone 15mg, consistently.

Since 2019 Buspirone 30mg, consistently.

2022 Fall tapered off Buspirone while on Cymbalta. No withdrawal systems.

2022 Mid-October tapered off Cymbalta over 6 weeks that ended on Thanksgiving. 60-40-20. Major withdrawal systems.

2023 End of February reinstate Buspirone 15mg (5mg morning, 5mg noon, 5mg late afternoon) Still withdrawal systems.

Had to reinstate something to get rid of the extreme anxiety, restlessness, nervousness, couldn't sit still.

Was too scared to get back on Cymbalta with all the horror stories of trying to get off. So I tried Lexapro.

2023 March 13 quit Buspirone. Started 2.5mg Lexapro for one week. Then 3.75mg Lexapro for two days. 

Currently 5mg Lexapro for 2.5 weeks. Anxiety calmed down a bit. Sleep is bad still. Brain fog is there but less than when I started. Feel slow and detached.

Been feeling jittery, nervous, anxious on 5mg. So two days ago, went down to 3.75mg. First day still bad, but second day on 3.75 felt better. Maybe I was on too high of a dose. Third day bad. Don't know what to do.

• 5 months later...

It is written that no liquid form for duloxetine exists. I've found this forum while searching the liquid form of Cymbalta and before finding this forum, I had found this one: https://www.bayviewrx.com/formulas/Duloxetine-2-mg-ml-Oral-Suspension-Depression-Anxiety-Fibromyalgia-Neuropathic-Pain-Stress-Urinary-Incontinence . It's a liquid form for duloxetine. I have two questions:

1- I do not live in USA and cannot access this product unfortunately. Is there anyone using that product? What's their experiences?

2- As I know and the Tips post has pointed out that Cymbalta has gastro-resistant capsules. Can this liquid form really be effective and be safe for tapering? If yes, I will try to contact Ministry of Health of my country to access this product.

Thanks you for answers.

2011-2012 Prozac

2013 Drug free

2014-2017 Cymbalta 60mg

2017 ~3 months drug free

2017-2023 February Cymbalta 60mg

2023 March-2023 May Cymbalta 30 mg

2023 May-2023 June Prozac 20mg

2023 June ~4 months drug free

2023 September-... Cymbalta 60mg

• 2 months later...

Near the end of a Cymbalta taper, when one gets into the single digit bead-count, there can be a problem where each step-- from 8 to 7 to 6 beads etc-- becomes an increasingly larger % drop, well above 10%. Therefore I'm wondering if there's a difference in ave mg per bead in a 20mg bottle (assume Brand) vs a 60mg bottle OR is the mg per bead the same across dosages and they just include less beads per capsule in a lower dose?

If the former, then it should be standard advice to make your last bottle of Cymbalta a 20mg bottle because your final steps will be less severe drops.

Does anyone know whether mg per bead changes across dosages for a given brand ?

- - - - - - past rx- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Prozac 20mg [2015 - 2017]   |  9-12 month taper, no withdrawal syndrome

Wellbutrin XL 150mg [2015  - 2017]  |  9-12 month taper, no withdrawal syndrome

- - - - - - current rx- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wellbutrin XL 150mg [8/2022 - present]

Cymbalta 30mg  [7/2022 - 11/2022]   ....  Cymbalta taper (currently 2.3mg) [11/2022 - present]

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy