Altostrata

Tips for tapering off Cymbalta (duloxetine)

CymbaltaDrone

Here are pics of what I take in the evening, the morning and the powders I mix into juice in the morning. I take a bunch of other superfood powders too but these are the two I started taking in June specifically for sleep. 

Also screenshots of the summary screens outlining natural sleep / fatigue remedies. Highly recommend actually watching the documentary series, too. It screens for free every now and then, just go the website and sign up. 

B5CC6B3C-67F9-4C9C-8BA8-7F2C037C1F50.jpeg

8414A1D1-8ED7-411A-BDDE-DABEA54FB8C5.jpeg

4E88C018-2D3F-49D7-84AA-CC588D833C02.jpeg

583BF394-0327-4F05-ADE9-FBFA23E01AB4.jpeg

E074BF5F-69FF-490C-AAEB-EC4778783F70.jpeg

Guilietta
1 hour ago, SDOE said:

I just had no idea how tough this road was going to be. 

1 hour ago, SDOE said:

I'm not reinstating but I don't want to live like this forever.  I just keep trying different things for now.

Hello SDOE,

I misunderstood your first post. 😕 After revisiting your signature and new post I somewhat better understand where you are coming from. Other people on the site who have been on multiple ADs for 10 years or more (including myself) are struggling with insomnia too. One person who has taken a great many ADs (I don't know if cymbalta is amongst them) is @Rhiannon  and has made some useful comments about insomnia. She may have some ideas.

There is a forum for cymbalta patients only (Cymbalta Withdrawl Support - something like that).

I am attempting to put in evening practices as I am able to (depending on external circumstances) in an effort to improve my sleep - with varying degrees of success (if I wake up only 1x night I consider myself fortunate!). I am not taking any sleep supplements including melatonin (maybe I should try). I don't know if you are already doing any of the below. 

A weighted blanket. I didn't know these existed until Aug/Sept!

Black-out eye mask - this has made a great improvement particarly re: cortisol spikes

(although I don't use - some people find ear buds help them)

Low light after 7. No computer after 7 - if I need to I wear amber glasses.  If I watch tv - I wear amber glasses.

20 minutes of 'meditation' - something that is a slow work in progress to learn

Positive thoughts and general gratitude in 3 hours prior to bed.

I wish I could offer you some other suggestions for insomnia. I am muddling my way through this these past few years and hope it gets better - as with the anxiety.

Giuilietta :)

SDOE
18 hours ago, Guilietta said:

Hello SDOE,

I misunderstood your first post. 😕 After revisiting your signature and new post I somewhat better understand where you are coming from. Other people on the site who have been on multiple ADs for 10 years or more (including myself) are struggling with insomnia too. One person who has taken a great many ADs (I don't know if cymbalta is amongst them) is @Rhiannon  and has made some useful comments about insomnia. She may have some ideas.

There is a forum for cymbalta patients only (Cymbalta Withdrawl Support - something like that).

I am attempting to put in evening practices as I am able to (depending on external circumstances) in an effort to improve my sleep - with varying degrees of success (if I wake up only 1x night I consider myself fortunate!). I am not taking any sleep supplements including melatonin (maybe I should try). I don't know if you are already doing any of the below. 

A weighted blanket. I didn't know these existed until Aug/Sept!

Black-out eye mask - this has made a great improvement particarly re: cortisol spikes

(although I don't use - some people find ear buds help them)

Low light after 7. No computer after 7 - if I need to I wear amber glasses.  If I watch tv - I wear amber glasses.

20 minutes of 'meditation' - something that is a slow work in progress to learn

Positive thoughts and general gratitude in 3 hours prior to bed.

I wish I could offer you some other suggestions for insomnia. I am muddling my way through this these past few years and hope it gets better - as with the anxiety.

Giuilietta :)

Giuilietta, thank you for the additional tips. A lot of them I do but some I can implement or modify.  Usually with my insomnia I wake only one time now but I'm up for an average of 2 to 2 1/2 hours when I wake.

SDOE
19 hours ago, CymbaltaDrone said:

Here are pics of what I take in the evening, the morning and the powders I mix into juice in the morning. I take a bunch of other superfood powders too but these are the two I started taking in June specifically for sleep. 

Also screenshots of the summary screens outlining natural sleep / fatigue remedies. Highly recommend actually watching the documentary series, too. It screens for free every now and then, just go the website and sign up. 

B5CC6B3C-67F9-4C9C-8BA8-7F2C037C1F50.jpeg

8414A1D1-8ED7-411A-BDDE-DABEA54FB8C5.jpeg

4E88C018-2D3F-49D7-84AA-CC588D833C02.jpeg

583BF394-0327-4F05-ADE9-FBFA23E01AB4.jpeg

E074BF5F-69FF-490C-AAEB-EC4778783F70.jpeg

CymbaltaDrone thank you for sharing your supplement routine for insomnia.  I have not heard of He Shou Wu but interesting as well as the documentary.  I tried lots of supplements but not this one. I will definitely look into it.

Guilietta
1 hour ago, SDOE said:

Usually with my insomnia I wake only one time now but I'm up for an average of 2 to 2 1/2 hours when I wake.

Hi. Sorry to say I may also be in this ship with you, as was the case last last night.  sometimes I do find watching TV relaxing - a light sitcom - wearing the beautiful amber glasses :) (I found a large pair on amazon - which fit over my regular glasses). If I can stay up until 9.30ish that can be helpful. Often I am too tired to stay awake beyond.

India

Can anyone point me in the direction of posts or threads on Zoloft/cymbalta combinations? My friend is on both. Sertraline from GP and cymbalta from neurologist for fibromyalgia diagnosis. Seems like an odd combination to me. 

Altostrata

An SSRI such as Zoloft and an SNRI such as Cymbalta are bad combinations, discouraged in all guidelines because of well-known drug-drug interactions.

We don't have any threads specifically on this combination, which should not be prescribed at all. You might tell your friend to put all his or her drugs into the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php , print out the report and take to the prescribing physician.

Guilietta

Do not use Boulevard Pharmacy to compound duloxetine/cymbalta!

I learned after posting this information about Boulevard Pharmacy that one cannot crush these beads - which is what this pharmacy did to create the liquid. Essentially I CT'd off duloxetine/cymbalta and suffered acute WD for months - followed by prolonged WD.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy