Mikhipeace Taking it day by day

Mikhipeace

Stopped abilify 10mg, wellbutrin 300xl & concerta 53mg cold turkey 3 days ago.

Taking it day by day.

Abilify 10mg, wellbutrin 300xl, concerta 54mg 2016 - 2023. Stopped all 3 Cold Turkey 22 Feb 2023.

• Altostrata changed the title to Mikhipeace Taking it day by day
  • Administrator

Welcome @Mikhipeace

How are you feeling now?

As you probably know, going off 3 drugs cold turkey is high risk for withdrawal symptoms. You will not want to feel so terrible that you go to the hospital, they will put you on even more drugs.

If you develop withdrawal symptoms, you probably will want to reinstate at least one of those drugs at a low dose to stop them.

To help us out, follow these instructions Please summarize your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I'm feeling fine, suprisingly. Been resting and getting enough sleep and taking some supplements. My attention span is definitely shorter, but I dont feel agitated like i expected. But its still early days.

How do you feel about fasting? I'm considering a fast to help with the detox process.

How are you doing?

Abilify 10mg, wellbutrin 300xl, concerta 54mg 2016 - 2023. Stopped all 3 Cold Turkey 22 Feb 2023.

I have considered it and if i do happen to experience unbearable withdrawal symptoms I will reinstate the Abilify. Thats the only pill i can cut, the other two are XL tablets.

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Mikhipeace said:

How do you feel about fasting? I'm considering a fast to help with the detox process.

I doubt that fasting assists with "detox". You don't want to rush the drug out of your body, that's what causes withdrawal effects.

In your signature, please add dates you started and dates you stopped each drug.

I'm fine, thanks.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi @Mikhipeace

Welcome to SA. Wow! You cold turkeyed a lot of things in one go. I’m glad you’re doing okay, but as Alto said, if you end up getting withdrawals you can reinstate at least one of those meds at a low dose. If you do decide to do so it’s better to do it earlier than later. I’ve been put on and off so many meds that now every tiny drop in my medication affects me badly. 

Let us know how you continue to go, wishing you all the best💛

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

I am planning to reinstate the Abilify if I really have to. I gues I'm just really keen to see who I am off of meds. I've been on meds since 2013, thats 10 years almost. I'm ready and willing to face the challenge of withdrawal.

• Administrator

Please let us know how you're doing.

I'm doing better than expected today. I managed to complete 1 study unit and walk my dog for 30 min. But i took breaks and slept in. I think its because the weather is great.

I'm anxious about what my mood would be in winter.

I'm also due to have my mirena removed in winter so that may affect me negatively as well. But for now i will live in the present moment and enjoy the sun while i can.

Thanks for asking. 

• Administrator

Good to hear you're doing well. You're welcome.

• Moderator Emeritus

I’m happy to hear that you’re still doing okay. Enjoy the sun and taking your dog for walks💛

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

Its been a week since I stopped taking all my meds.

I don't seem to be having any withdrawal symptoms aside from low energy. 

Is this cause for concern? I mean am I risking a manic episode? It just feels a bit too good to be true.

How can I read about the experiences of other South Africans on this platform?

• Administrator

We have very few South Africans in this community. See https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9199-south-africa-check-in/

Thank you Altostrata