SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Apathy, anhedonia, emotional numbness, emotional anesthesia

Neuroplastic

1 hour ago, 00ColdTurkey said:

Hey, I'm writing this because I'm both curious and a little desperate. Actually, very desperate. I'm scared I ruined myself. 

I'm curious if anyone's taken a supplement and became more numb as a result? If so, did that numbness ease off a little afterwards? 

You could've been numb already or someone who wasn't numb, but became numb. I just want to find out if anyone did take a supplement and it caused them to become numb, did it fade off eventually? 

Hope this makes sense. My head feels like it's been replaced by a robots. I feel nothing again... I was recovering as well... 😨

14 minutes ago, Roserdl said:

What did you take?  It may not have been the supplement,  you may just be back in a wave.  Don't freak out too much.  Just keep going and your brain will heal. I have seen this being induced by all sorts of substances besides antidepressants and yes, people report it goes away.  

Recent 2018 Zoloft 150mg  (20 years taking at various times, no real issues before stopping)

2019 Risperdal one month low dose (forget amount) stopped bad reaction

2019 Remeron 7.5 mg sleep  (discontinued in mid 2019) on for six months (tapered for a few weeks)

Zoloft 100 mg Summer 2020/Zoloft 75 mg Summer 2021

Zoloft 50 mg November 2021/ Zoloft 25 mg First two weeks January 2022: Reinstated 50 mgJanuary Last week)

Crash in February - on and off doses as doctors conflicted over serotonin syndrome/withdrawal - stopped all for two week & resumed:\

Other drugs tried in hospitals (Abilify, 1mg, 1 dose, Zyprexa 1 dose 1mg, Klonopin .25 4 doses in 2 hospitalizations)

March 1 titrated Zoloft up from 0 to 65 from February to Early May

Severe vision problems at 65 mg (improved depression)

Taper to 55 6/15, 45mg 7/15/ 35mg 8/1, 25mg 8/15, 10 mg, 8/31 OFF 9/2022 Omg  Improved with drops from August to September - November crash ONE dose Zoloft 3mg 11/17 - worsened symptoms - Remain off Zoloft

Mirtazapine -3.5 mg six weeks mid march to end april, occasionally for sleep

Supplements: Fish oil, magnesium, lions mane, cytokine suppress, MCT Oil

I don't know what happened to the quote, as the text got deleted. But thanks so much for answering! Right now I can't stop obsessing. So any news that people have recovered from any kind of supplement is good news. 

It's confusing. The CBD products over here don't have THC (or barely any) in it. So I thought I would be safe. I unknowingly took 20mg CBD in these energy drinks. The first two didn't do anything. 

Then the third product I had did. I've been dissociated, numb, insomniac since. It's been a week. Maybe it's too soon to worry. But I just can't help it. 🥹🥹

1 hour ago, Roserdl said:

Riseridone (dose unknown) 2010 (no approximate end, short-term use), Aspergers. Tapered. Fluxoetine 10mg 13/14. Direct switch to -- Citalopram 2014/14. Quetiapine 2014/14. 1 week. (Cold turkey, advised by NHS). 

Risperidone, 20th March 2016, cold turkey April 10th, 2016 Zoloft, April, 2016, 25mg, increased to 50mg in May, increased to 100mg in late 2016, decreased to 50mg, September 2019(Accidentally)weaned myself off. Reinstated Zoloft 50mg for 3 days - March 23rd to 26th. Early 2021 (changed brand of Zoloft. Tapered down. Med free since 11th February. Waiting to see if any windows happen). Supplements (occasionally l theanine 300mg, trialing CBD) Took a small light dab of powder, barely a compound. Deciding to wait and see what happens afterwards, not wanting to reinstate now. 

Took a small dose of L-Theanine (under 20mg). Negative reaction included: sweating, mania, head pressure, head tingling, worse insomnia. Not touching anything ever again. 

Anhedonic since March 2020!

Using a THC free edible on the 5th June ruined everything. Insomnia, no appetite, numbness, DP/DR.

I know it's scary.  It sounds like you were making progress and you will again.

At most you have set yourself back.  I understand the freak out but you still will heal.  I get it.  I reinstated with very mixed results and now getting ready for a microtaper.  It had really mixed results.  It's not a perfect process. Lots of people on these boards made plenty of mistakes sometimes on multiple drugs and get better.   Let it clear your system and allow time to further stabalize. You'll get there.  Remember you were getting out of it before you will again.  Hang in there and hugs.  You can pm me if you need support.

Reddit pot boards are full of people healed from it.  I would advise staying off forums though when you are spiraling.

Recent 2018 Zoloft 150mg  (20 years taking at various times, no real issues before stopping)

2019 Remeron 7.5 mg sleep  (discontinued in mid 2019) on for six months (tapered for a few weeks)

Zoloft 50 mg November 2021/ Zoloft 25 mg First two weeks January 2022: Reinstated 50 mgJanuary Last week)

Crash in February - on and off doses as doctors conflicted over serotonin syndrome/withdrawal - stopped all for two week & resumed:\

Other drugs tried in hospitals (Abilify, 1mg, 1 dose, Zyprexa 1 dose 1mg, Klonopin .25 4 doses in 2 hospitalizations)

Taper to 55 6/15, 45mg 7/15/ 35mg 8/1, 25mg 8/15, 10 mg, 8/31 OFF 9/2022 Omg  Improved with drops from August to September - November crash ONE dose Zoloft 3mg 11/17 - worsened symptoms - Remain off Zoloft

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 10:30 PM, Kaervin said:

Just wanted to chime in on this topic. The worst form of anhedonia I had was during my benzo usage and withdrawals. When I got a window, it went completely away and I felt connected to those I loved and even nature. Fall has always been my favorite time of year, and it was good to feel that excitement again. 

Unfortunately I made the mistake of starting an AD about 16 months into my recovery during a particularly brutal wave. And while I have been relatively stable these past 10 years, nothing as felt as good as those windows i had during my time med free. Especially that autumn of 2011, a memory I will forever cherish. 

Withdrawal anhedonia was a lot worse (for me at least) than medication induced anhedonia. That said, I feel like I missed out on truly appreciating the good things that have happened in my life these past 10 years because of the emotional numbness from ADs. I am just waiting for "autumn to return" and I know it will once I finally get off sertraline and get through withdrawal. 

One consideration though, it is important to always get a thorough check up by a doctor. A fellow member of my benzo forum was over 2 years into recovery and was unable to feel feelings or happiness. She was waiting for withdrawal to take its course. By some chance some a member suggested she get tested for Lymes. Sure enough she had it, got treatment and improved from there.

If your anhedonia is from withdrawal/med usage it will most likely go away with time. It is still important to rule out other possibilities. 

You stayed on for 10 years?  Why didn't you taper?

On 6/27/2022 at 1:16 PM, Roserdl said:

You stayed on for 10 years?  Why didn't you taper?

Short answer is that I was so exhausted from my benzo recovery that I didn't have it in me to immediately begin another withdrawal. There was a ptsd of sorts as well.

Unfortunately I kept putting my withdrawal off as I wasn't experiencing any unbearable side effects while on ADs. However, from 2016 onwards I could feel my detachment growing as well as more prominent side effects. As of now I am about 80% off of my max dose. Things are once again getting difficult but I am determined to see this through.

2008: March, Klonopin .5 mg to 1 mg

2009: Dec, CT Klonopin

2010: full year heavy alcohol use

2011: Jan - withdrawals start

2012: Apr- bad wave, start zoloft 50

2014 to 2020: Switch ADs

Sertraline 100mgs >Lexapro 20 mgs>Prozac 20 mgs >Lexapro 20

2021: Sertraline 25 mgs

2022: Mar. Cut dose down to 12.5

End of May, starting to crash physically/mentally.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2022 at 7:04 PM, JesusSavemefromWD said:

It’s easy for docs to claim ADs are safe cause they are not them taking these poisons. I wish I could force down their throat Zoloft and have them CT and then again …. Excuse my anger but I think it’s justified taking into account how many times I asked doctors how safe these drugs are and never ever a single warning was given to me about potential long term severe side effects. I wouldn’t have touched these poisons if I was even told there is 1% change of severe side effects. In fact I was discouraged to read the side effects in leaflet to avoid scaring myself off for no reason. I was so stupid to listen to this advice ….

There a lot of doctors who take Ads 

6 hours ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

There a lot of doctors who take Ads 

And my one just happened to get off them safely 🤦 doesn't help the matter.

10 years on various anti-depressants

5 years Effexor xr

tappered of 150mg in 6 months

nothing for two weeks

Reinstated 15 beads for 50 days

Tappered off then clean 2-3months

gradually went back up to 13 mg 3 years

bridged fluoxetine 10mg

2 week tapper

1 year clean

reinstated 5ml dispersed fluroxatine for 6months

I found these on YT the other day and found them quite interesting and useful. 

History of depression and anxiety. Symptoms of PTSD. 1998-1999 Venlafaxine 2006-2007 Prozac.2013-15 Sertraline 50mg. 2015 cross-tapered to citalopram 20mg. 2015-2021 Citalopram 20mg (brief increase to 30mg for 2/3 months in 2019. 01/2021 Dropped from 20mg to 10mg, back up to 20mg til June. 25/6/21 stopped CT. Started 50mg 5htp after a week without citalopram in the hope this would balance out my serotonin levels. After 3 days increased to 100mg 5htp. 11/7/21 Stopped 5htp with the intention of reinstating citalopram at 1mg. 16/7/21 Reinstated cit at 1mg. 2/8/21 Increased dose to 2mg. 28/11/21 10% reduction to 1.8mg.

8/12/21 2mg 6/1/22 1.8mg 10/2/22 1.6mg 13/5/22 1.5mg 4/6/22 1.55mg 4/7/22 1.4mg 4/8/22 1.25mg 1/11/22 1.1mg 3/3/23 1mg 18/4/23 0.9mg 2/6/23 0.8mg 4/10/23 0.7mg 11/11/23 jumped off @0.7mg started on 5htp 200mg -400mg, L-Theanine, and L-tyrosine 200mg. 25/11/23 came off 5-htp, l-tyrosine and l-Theanine. 24/12/23 went on 7.5mg mirtazapine. 27/12/23 stopped mirtazapine & reinstated citalopram @.35mg. 1/1/24 increased to 0.5mg. PTSD diagnosis October 2023. 11/11/23 started EMDR therapy for PTSD. Multiple unsuccessful attempts to taper off citalopram. Vegan, otherwise healthy lifestyle. Other medications; tapering off combined HRT. Other supplements; magnesium glycinate, vegan omega3. Completely OFF caffeine (since July 21). Finding it difficult to completely give up alcohol but haven’t had any since 25/12/23. Main symptoms; crushing depression, anhedonia/emotional anesthesia, irritability, rage, anxiety/fear, intrusive thoughts, cognitive fog, inability to focus, restlessness and some insomnia

Is it normal to have Windows and waves with anhedonia and emotional numbness?

I was feeling a little better, and could to a small extent Feel a little excited and content. 

Not on any way like before, but it was something. 

Then i suddenly got really bad again. My brain feels like it is fried and not functioning at all. 

My anhedonia and numbness is worse that ever. 

Is it a wave or Did i eat or do something to make it worse? 

June-July -21 Zyprexa 2.5-7.5 mg 

July -21 Mianserin 20 mg four days

July-Aug -21 Valium 30 mg a day, tapred, return of symptoms 

Aug-Oct -21 Oxazepam Tapred from 10 mg x 3 to zero

Dec-Jan -21/22 On and off mirtazapine 15 mg. Kindling reaction?

March 8.-19. - Zopiclone 7.5 mg to combat insomnia 

March 20 - 5 mg valium because of akathisia and panic 

April 3. - 5 mg x 2

8 hours ago, Sofa said:

I was feeling a little better, and could to a small extent Feel a little excited and content. 

Then i suddenly got really bad again. My brain feels like it is fried and not functioning at all. 

HI Sofa, 

I Feel exactly as you do its like my brain is Fried or on fire and i too switch between a little normal to numb. I also sleep 8 hours but i dont sleep deep which makes it even harder. Whats normal i Our cases? Stay strong! 

Started Venlafaxine around  2007-2008  for around 4,5-5 years 70mg

ca .2012  Taper as doctors advise 2 weeks skip a day and stop

7 -8 later months total breakdown after sruggling a lot Hospitalized

and started on Cipralex.

Taper as doctors advise: Mai 2018  from 20 to 10 mg escitalopram to zero in one Month.

supplements

Magnesium citrate 600 mg

Omega 3  2000 mg

vitamin D3 sometimes

Does Anyone else also else also experience this strange thing?

I Feel like there is no connection between my head and my body. 

I generelt am really emotionally flat, but Sometimes i can Feel hint of an emotion, but only in my body. 

I cant feel the same emotion in my head. My head still feels empty and dense/dark. 

My body shows signs of anger or annoyance f.ex., but my head is still in empty/neutral mode with no feelings/sensations. 

Sometimes this means i struggle to understand what the emotions in my body are. I also struggle with other sensations like hunger. 

There is just no connection. 

Has Anyone else experienced something similar? Does it get better?

April 3. - 5 mg x 2

Hi @Sofa

I don't have anhedonia myself, my son does.  So, I'm aware of this condition 'from the outside' and can understand in a conceptual way how devastating it must be.  So, firstly, I just want to say that your distress is real - this is an extremely difficult situation to find yourself in and I am so sorry that you are going through this.

I came to this thread to post a question about whether other people with anhedonia have found that they can access the benefits of meditation practice, but I came across your post and I'd like to offer you a response. 

I practice Buddhist meditation and in Buddhist practice it is well known that emotions are generated/felt by the body.  In meditation we spend a lot of time tuning into what is happening in our bodies, rather than our heads.  The body-sense tells us more truthfully about what we're feeling.  If we rely only on what is going on in our head we tend to get caught up in stories (blame, shame, wishing etc).  The body-sense is thought to provide a purer and more essential view of what is going on with us.  In meditation, we sit gently with the body-feeling and hold it with care and openness and see if we can understand it.

So, my point is that maybe your realisation that you can feel emotions in your body may be helpful if you can find a way to relate to them gently and openly.  This is just a suggestion from my practice.  Not having anhedonia myself means that I don't know how this will work for you.  Also, be aware that, for some people, the body doesn't feel like a safe place.  If this is true for you, then a more dynamic practice like yoga may be more helpful.  But whatever you do, be gentle with yourself - you're going through a difficult time.

I fully acknowledge the pain of your situation.  Not being able to feel emotion in your head is sh*t and I don't mean to deny this in any way.  But, experience on this site shows that nervous systems heal.  What I'm suggesting is offered with the hope that it might help you to cope whilst your repair systems sort out the important stuff.

I hope this is helpful and I hope someone with direct experience of what you are describing is able to help you too.

Wishing you comfort.

Hilly x

My son's drug history:

• August 2020 Citalopram 30mg
  • October 2020 suicide attempt
  • November 2020 Citalopram 60mg (suicidality increased)
  • January 2021 Duloxetine 60mg
  • May 2021 anhedonia peaked
  • August-September 2021 Duloxetine 90mg + Aripiprazole 5mg added to augment
  • End of October 2021 Duloxetine withdrawn from 90mg to 1-week on 60mg, then stopped (Aripiprazole 5mg continued)
  • November 2021 Agomelatine 25mg started + Aripiprazole 5mg
  • December 2021 Agomelatine 50mg + Aripiprazole 5mg (increasing fatigue, anxiety, depression and suicidality)
  • January 2022 Agomelatine stopped (no tapering for - clinician decision), Aripiprazole 5mg stopped (no tapering - decision made by my son)

On 7/14/2022 at 7:03 AM, Sofa said:

Hi @Sofa yes in my experience this is all part of WD. This happens to me all the time - sometimes a few times up and down even within one day. I also know what you mean about your brain feeling fried and not functioning at all. To be honest I've given up trying to figure out what sets it off or not. I just try to accept this is all part of WD and will get better in time.

Hang in there xx

History of depression and anxiety. Symptoms of PTSD. 1998-1999 Venlafaxine 2006-2007 Prozac.2013-15 Sertraline 50mg. 2015 cross-tapered to citalopram 20mg. 2015-2021 Citalopram 20mg (brief increase to 30mg for 2/3 months in 2019. 01/2021 Dropped from 20mg to 10mg, back up to 20mg til June. 25/6/21 stopped CT. Started 50mg 5htp after a week without citalopram in the hope this would balance out my serotonin levels. After 3 days increased to 100mg 5htp. 11/7/21 Stopped 5htp with the intention of reinstating citalopram at 1mg. 16/7/21 Reinstated cit at 1mg. 2/8/21 Increased dose to 2mg. 28/11/21 10% reduction to 1.8mg.

8/12/21 2mg 6/1/22 1.8mg 10/2/22 1.6mg 13/5/22 1.5mg 4/6/22 1.55mg 4/7/22 1.4mg 4/8/22 1.25mg 1/11/22 1.1mg 3/3/23 1mg 18/4/23 0.9mg 2/6/23 0.8mg 4/10/23 0.7mg 11/11/23 jumped off @0.7mg started on 5htp 200mg -400mg, L-Theanine, and L-tyrosine 200mg. 25/11/23 came off 5-htp, l-tyrosine and l-Theanine. 24/12/23 went on 7.5mg mirtazapine. 27/12/23 stopped mirtazapine & reinstated citalopram @.35mg. 1/1/24 increased to 0.5mg. PTSD diagnosis October 2023. 11/11/23 started EMDR therapy for PTSD. Multiple unsuccessful attempts to taper off citalopram. Vegan, otherwise healthy lifestyle. Other medications; tapering off combined HRT. Other supplements; magnesium glycinate, vegan omega3. Completely OFF caffeine (since July 21). Finding it difficult to completely give up alcohol but haven’t had any since 25/12/23. Main symptoms; crushing depression, anhedonia/emotional anesthesia, irritability, rage, anxiety/fear, intrusive thoughts, cognitive fog, inability to focus, restlessness and some insomnia

At the beginning, I felt like my hands weren't attached to my wrists

My head felt like a piece of my brain was missing

That is also gone.  I feel a slow feeling in.  Things are happening but not not proper emotion

At least I can cry now.

On 7/16/2022 at 3:23 AM, Sofa said:

Does Anyone else also else also experience this strange thing?

I Feel like there is no connection between my head and my body. 

I generelt am really emotionally flat, but Sometimes i can Feel hint of an emotion, but only in my body. 

I cant feel the same emotion in my head. My head still feels empty and dense/dark. 

My body shows signs of anger or annoyance f.ex., but my head is still in empty/neutral mode with no feelings/sensations. 

Sometimes this means i struggle to understand what the emotions in my body are. I also struggle with other sensations like hunger. 

There is just no connection. 

Has Anyone else experienced something similar? Does it get better?

On 7/16/2022 at 6:27 PM, Kat66 said:

Hi @Sofa yes in my experience this is all part of WD. This happens to me all the time - sometimes a few times up and down even within one day. I also know what you mean about your brain feeling fried and not functioning at all. To be honest I've given up trying to figure out what sets it off or not. I just try to accept this is all part of WD and will get better in time.

Hang in there xx

My anhedonia was not really that bad before, i was just more numb, but now it is really bad.

I have no pleasurable feeling ever. 

Before food and drink, and watching familiar shows on tv could give me some comfort and pleasure, even though i Did not Feel interest or excitement.

Now i struggle to eat and drink because food makes me Feel nothing. I just Feel empty, like i Did not eat at all. I cannot enjoy food or drink, and i cannot Feel comfort from it.

I cant Feel music or touch at all. 

Absoluted nothing makes me Feel good and i dont enjoy anything. 

Before my anhedonia was not that bad. 

Anhedonia had gitter progressivly worse, and that makes me scared. 

It is six months since my bad reaction.

April 3. - 5 mg x 2

I have only gotten worse the past six months sadly. 

I have zero emotional response to the world now. I Feel nothing when listening to music, i Feel nothing when i talk to my loved ones, i Feel nothing watching my favourite show.

It is not just that it is less interesting and gives me less than before, it is actually no response, just dead on the inside. I keep looking for a response that is not there. My body feels lifeless like a corpse.

Can emotions come back and anhedonia lift? 

I dont just Feel no pleasure, i Feel nothing at all. It is not just numbness anymore, but full blown anesthesia. 

April 3. - 5 mg x 2

Hi @Sofa

I'm sorry you're struggling. 

Have you seen @Kat66's comment above? July 10th in this thread. 

You might find it helpful to watch the two videos Kat has shared. 

They offer practical strategies for how to approach healing anhedonia. 

Acceptance and patience are key -- sound familiar? ;-)

Linking to Kat's post here:

If you read the success stories in the Recovery Forum, many, many people have suffered from anhedonia and emotional anesthesia and healed. 

Hang in there, Sofa. It gets better <3

Healing is happening all the time, even when we don't consciously feel (!) it <3

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

supplements: magnesium powder (dissolved in water) as needed throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil w/ morning meal; 2mg melatonin 

August 1, 2022 - 1 mg melatonin

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

@Sofa I'm so sorry to hear that your anaethesia is so bad. As @Ariel has mentioned, those videos are worth a watch. I honestly didn't think there was any way to deal with anhedonia, but it seems there is!

Hang in there xx

• Administrator

@Sofa, I believe we explained to you before that emotional anesthesia was a common post-discontinuation symptom after people have been on psychiatric drugs. We see it very, very gradually go away. If you are still taking a benzodiazepine, this can be contributing to it.

For further discussion about your particular situation, please post in your Introductions topic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

On 7/14/2022 at 8:03 AM, Sofa said:

Hi Sofa, I experience the same. I couldn’t name it till I found this. How are you feeling now? If I like u can send me a massage 

Any recovery stories of shrinking genital, body numbness, severe emotional blunting and total blank mind? My brain feels changed!

April 3. - 5 mg x 2

1 hour ago, Sofa said:

Any recovery stories of shrinking genital, body numbness, severe emotional blunting and total blank mind? My brain feels changed!

Venlafaxine 75mg, 150mg, 225mg December 2020 - March 2021

Sertraline 50mg, 100mg March 2021 - April 2021

Escitalopram 10mg, 20 mg April 2021 - May 2021

3 hours ago, Fairsome said:

I am not connected to my body, and my mind feels to blank. Like i get not thougts or associations at all. I have no emotions at all 

my body does not react to stimulus and i cant Feel emotions in my body

April 3. - 5 mg x 2

4 hours ago, Sofa said:

I am not connected to my body, and my mind feels to blank. Like i get not thougts or associations at all. I have no emotions at all 

my body does not react to stimulus and i cant Feel emotions in my body

I really think that you are overthinking too much... My advice is to take some time off from the forums, don't experiment with random supplements and just relax. It is very likely that things will get better given some time.

Venlafaxine 75mg, 150mg, 225mg December 2020 - March 2021

Sertraline 50mg, 100mg March 2021 - April 2021

Escitalopram 10mg, 20 mg April 2021 - May 2021

Anyone else who has completely lost anxiety? I cant Feel anxiety at all? 

Are there recovery stories of people who also lost anxiety? 

April 3. - 5 mg x 2

1 hour ago, Sofa said:

Anyone else who has completely lost anxiety? I cant Feel anxiety at all? 

Are there recovery stories of people who also lost anxiety? 

How did you mean that lost? Lost of fear? Yes I experience this! And loss of personality 

26 minutes ago, Quittingquentiapin said:

How did you mean that lost? Lost of fear? Yes I experience this! And loss of personality 

I cant feel fear either. But i also dont feel stresse or anxious at all. 

Like i am completely blank with no emotiosn what so ever. 

April 3. - 5 mg x 2

2 hours ago, Sofa said:

I cant feel fear either. But i also dont feel stresse or anxious at all. 

Like i am completely blank with no emotiosn what so ever. 

Me too. But I think a lot. Iam the hole time in my head thinking. But yes no emotions no fear etc.

• 2 weeks later...

My body feels dead like a corpse.

Body feels as dead as my genitals!

My body does not even Feel like it is alive. It feels cold and clammy

Anyone else lose the ability to Feel warm and cozy in their own body?

Has Anyone recovered from this?

Have zero emotions at all and everyting is boring and unsatisfactory 

April 3. - 5 mg x 2

Hi Sofa,

I know the condition you describe well. When the body is dead and lifeless. This is a very bad condition and I feel with you. With me it was so that the sensitivity of the body, the skin, was no longer present. Touching was not a nice thing anymore. Like I'm painting over cardboard. The body like a foreign body.

And I know not to feel warm in the body and feel uncomfortable.

I'm telling you, it's getting better. Meanwhile I feel physically comfortable again and have my sensitivity back. I feel connected to my body again and it feels alive and warm. Cosy.

The positive change suddenly began and stabilises.

Hang on. I know this hell and nobody deserves it. It will pass !

Dany

2003- June 2019: Tavor (few weeks), Unknown, Paroxetine, Bupropion (Wellbutrin). A few times tapering OFF (in shortest time) and taken again.

July 2019: Tapering Paroxetine 40 mg- OFF (a few weeks). Started Cymbalta at the same time (up to 90 mg).

December 26, 2020: Cymbalta cold turkey  - OFF all medications

November 23, 2021: Started Paroxetine 10 mg 2 days, 5 mg 2 days, OFF - OFF all medications

February 2022: Started Mirtazapin (15 mg), Started Bupropion (150 mg), Risperdal for 4 days (0,5- 1 mg)

April 2022: Mirtazapin tapering for two days (7,5 mg), then increased again to 15 mg.

Bupropion increased to 300 mg. Lithium startet up to 675 mg. Tavor for 3 weeks (0,5-1,5 mg/d)

Mirtazapin: May 10, 2022: 15mg to 7,5mg; June 17 6,75mg

Current: 675 mg Lithium, 6,75 mg Mirtazapin, Tapering Bupropion:

July 18, 2022: 300 mg to 270 mg; 8/15 243 mg; 9/16 218,7 mg; 10/7 196,83 mg; 11/02 177,15; 11/16 159,53; 12/08 143,9

Supplements: Fish oil (750 EPA/DHA), 400 I.U. Vitamin E , 200mg Magnesium, 10.000 I.U. Vitamin D3 twice a week, 68,5mg Vitamin B6, 25mg Zink, 1000μg Vitamin B12 2x/ week

3 hours ago, Dany said:

Hi Sofa,

I know the condition you describe well. When the body is dead and lifeless. This is a very bad condition and I feel with you. With me it was so that the sensitivity of the body, the skin, was no longer present. Touching was not a nice thing anymore. Like I'm painting over cardboard. The body like a foreign body.

And I know not to feel warm in the body and feel uncomfortable.

I'm telling you, it's getting better. Meanwhile I feel physically comfortable again and have my sensitivity back. I feel connected to my body again and it feels alive and warm. Cosy.

The positive change suddenly began and stabilises.

Hang on. I know this hell and nobody deserves it. It will pass !

Dany

Thank you for this!

For How long was your body dead? No sensation or warmt or feelings?

Have you also struggles with blank mind and loss of thougts and visualization? 

I cant really Feel anything in my body, but i also dont Feel in my mind. Anhedonia real bad!

Because of this i have no thougts and no images and can barely speak. My mind is empty. 

April 3. - 5 mg x 2

It was about a year and a half that the body felt really bad. Few sensations and rather cold. Total restlessness in the body. No relaxation possible.

I was no longer able to imagine anything. If I wanted to imagine something, it was far away or completely blurry or just totally empty.

I had no more opinion or the urge to do something. Because everything in me was emptied. Nothing was interesting.

These symptoms suddenly improved and continue to improve.

2003- June 2019: Tavor (few weeks), Unknown, Paroxetine, Bupropion (Wellbutrin). A few times tapering OFF (in shortest time) and taken again.

July 2019: Tapering Paroxetine 40 mg- OFF (a few weeks). Started Cymbalta at the same time (up to 90 mg).

December 26, 2020: Cymbalta cold turkey  - OFF all medications

November 23, 2021: Started Paroxetine 10 mg 2 days, 5 mg 2 days, OFF - OFF all medications

February 2022: Started Mirtazapin (15 mg), Started Bupropion (150 mg), Risperdal for 4 days (0,5- 1 mg)

April 2022: Mirtazapin tapering for two days (7,5 mg), then increased again to 15 mg.

Bupropion increased to 300 mg. Lithium startet up to 675 mg. Tavor for 3 weeks (0,5-1,5 mg/d)

Mirtazapin: May 10, 2022: 15mg to 7,5mg; June 17 6,75mg

Current: 675 mg Lithium, 6,75 mg Mirtazapin, Tapering Bupropion:

July 18, 2022: 300 mg to 270 mg; 8/15 243 mg; 9/16 218,7 mg; 10/7 196,83 mg; 11/02 177,15; 11/16 159,53; 12/08 143,9

Supplements: Fish oil (750 EPA/DHA), 400 I.U. Vitamin E , 200mg Magnesium, 10.000 I.U. Vitamin D3 twice a week, 68,5mg Vitamin B6, 25mg Zink, 1000μg Vitamin B12 2x/ week

My heart goes out to those who have this total lack of feeling so their body actually feels dead and cold, and their mind is totally blank and they can't imagine anything. I have bad anhedonia where nothing excites me or gives me pleasure, but this is another level.

Hoping you eventually start feeling the tiniest bit better xx

On 8/14/2022 at 10:18 AM, Dany said:

It was about a year and a half that the body felt really bad. Few sensations and rather cold. Total restlessness in the body. No relaxation possible.

I was no longer able to imagine anything. If I wanted to imagine something, it was far away or completely blurry or just totally empty.

I had no more opinion or the urge to do something. Because everything in me was emptied. Nothing was interesting.

These symptoms suddenly improved and continue to improve.

I Feel like i experince no emotions or feelings at all. I am extremely cut off from the world. 

it Feels like all just burned out. I have a bruning in my brain and i have no emotions in my body. If i do Feel something i am not connected to it

Can you lose your Minds eye for emotions?

I have lost my Minds eye for emotuons and feelings. I dont experince the world as a whole in my head anymore. My feeling of emotions and sensations are gone. No feeling connected to memories and places. 

Same for memories and pictures. 

There is nothingness in my head. Like i an blind to emotions. My head space is gone. I am gone.

I also have nearly no ability to visualize at all. 

It happend after bad stress and OCD.

What is happening?

I Feel completely disconnected from the world.

my brain is also dead now. I dont experience or Feel anything

Before my brain felt empty. No i dont Feel my brain. It is gone

it is like i am blind. I dont see Black, i see nothing 

can this even get better?

i have no connection to the sensation in my body. Just sensation.

brain is gone so i dont experience anything. Dont Feel anything in my brain

April 3. - 5 mg x 2

45 minutes ago, Kat66 said:

My heart goes out to those who have this total lack of feeling so their body actually feels dead and cold, and their mind is totally blank and they can't imagine anything. I have bad anhedonia where nothing excites me or gives me pleasure, but this is another level.

Hoping you eventually start feeling the tiniest bit better xx

Any recovery stories from complete emotional disconnection? And anhedonia?

dont Feel anything in my brain 

April 3. - 5 mg x 2

22 hours ago, Sofa said:

Any recovery stories from complete emotional disconnection? And anhedonia?

dont Feel anything in my brain 

I wish I could give you the answers you seek. All I can say is I have read that people do recover from anhedonia - but that it can be one of the last symptoms to ease. Praying for our recovery from this nightmare xx

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy