MeMyself Hi New to Invega and tapering off it

MeMyself

Hey there

I've been on antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds in the past but a couple weeks ago I was put on Invega temporarily after another medication gave me issues. Now I'm trying to get off the Invega because it's giving me a bad time. 

I'm on the 6mg extended release and my primary doctor (who isn't the original priscriber I'm not in touch with the original doc) is having me go down to the 1.5mg and taking 2 two equal the 3mg dose for a bit then stepping down to just the 1.5mg. I am curious if anyone has done it that way.

Yesterday and to day I took the 6mg later and only today (abt 8hrs later than normal) felt rough. The day before I took it abt 5hrs later and felt okish. So I'm not sure what to expect since the original doc gave me no idea or info abt the drug and my doc is just trying their best to help. Trying to get set up with a local psychiatrist but not sure how quickly that might come through.

I could also just really use some extra support going through this. I've never been on anything like this or gone through anything like this.

Thanks for reading!

Invega ER 6mg 23 Feb

Tapering to 3mg with 1.5mg ER x2 Mar 14

1.5mg ER Mar 22 to Apr 4

Forgot to mention the only other meds I'm on are an allergy med, antacid, and asthma medication. 

Brain fog is pretty bad atm. Dunno if I'll get a break at all from it tomorrow.

Invega ER 6mg 23 Feb

1.5mg ER Mar 22 to Apr 4

• Administrator

Welcome, @MeMyself

On 3/14/2023 at 3:56 PM, MeMyself said:

I'm on the 6mg extended release and my primary doctor (who isn't the original priscriber I'm not in touch with the original doc) is having me go down to the 1.5mg and taking 2 two equal the 3mg dose for a bit then stepping down to just the 1.5mg. I am curious if anyone has done it that way.

Please explain more about this method and what you're doing now. What times o'clock are you taking your drugs and at what dosages?

FYI see Tips for tapering off paliperidone (Invega)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Altostrata changed the title to MeMyself Hi New to Invega and tapering off it

Thank you!

So I originally started with the Invega ER 6mg at 7pm and then after an er visit and the time change I ended up sleeping through so had been taking it at 9am. Then my doctor lowered it to two of the 1.5mg pills in the morning for a week, then drop to just one 1.5mg pill in the morning for two weeks. So right now I'm on day the 3rd day of two 1.5.mg pills at 10am. I was having a bit of a hard time catching up on sleep (I'm disabled so don't need to worry about a job or anything during the day) so I slept til 10am today.

I take one antacid pill in the morning between 9 and 10am and one in the evening around 5pm. They are 10mg pills. I take an antihistamine in the evening (it's normally 2x a day but it really does seem to mess with my heart on the Invega) around 5pm - 7pm it's also 10mg. Then my asthma medication is 10mg before bed around 10pm.

So far I feel a tiny bit better than I did on the 6mg. Just couldn't seem to catch a nap and it definitely seems to not play nice with my allergy and asthma meds and antacid. The pain I had in my legs came back a tiny bit the other day but I didn't know it might be a bad idea to take these with orange juice yesterday and today I haven't and it seems better. Not getting dizzy right after taking it either. Brain fog yesterday was still really bad but so far this morning since taking my dose a bit ago I haven't noticed it too bad yet. 

Invega ER 6mg 23 Feb

1.5mg ER Mar 22 to Apr 4

• Administrator

I don't understand what's going on. Your doctor is reducing your Invega ER dose? Is it your intention to keep taking Invega ER?

If your doctor is directing your dosage adjustment, what help are you looking for from peer support?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.