☼ antoinette -- lexapro withdrawal

antoinette

I do want to say, I am about 60 % better than I was a year ago today, so I just want everyone to know it does happen. 

That is so good A; I'm having rough times also, but compared to what it was 1 year ago, it's much better.

I don't think nobody could survive this if it wouldn't get better.(forgive my english)

Sending love and healing vibes, A.

4 years aprox. on 150mgs.Effexor for situational major depression.No AD before.
Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months.

Tapered Quetiapine,Xanax in the last 18 months.NO med of any kind anymore.
First 3 months off acute w/d
Protracted w/d ever since.
Symptoms:Anxiety,anhedonia,insomnia,tinnitus,PSSD

04/13/2014 Awful Relapse.Recovered fairly fast.

3 years and 4 months off.

waves and windows.Very much recovered.

November 2015,health issue.Setback.

• Administrator

Studies have found much of postpartum depression is because of new mothers feeling isolated. What you might want to do is join a prospective mothers support group, or, if you have good relations with your relatives, let them know you might want their company after the baby is born.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone,

It has been awhile and I wanted to give an update. Things have been "ok". A struggle but way better then I was a year ago. I am due to give birth April 25th with my 3rd child. Last week I was in the worst wave I have felt since acute. It was terrible. I still get the worst intrusive thoughts and am now dealing with the guilt of everything I have ever done wrong while on the drugs. My mind won't stop replaying it and I have the most intense urges to make amends with everyone I have ever hurt including my boyfriend. This would not be a good thing as he would leave me. I feel terrible. If anyone has experienced this I would love to hear about it. Meanwhile I still have the same lingering symptoms, depression, horrible anxiety, racing thoughts, intrusive thoughts and so on. Last week was so bad I almost gave in and got on a med. I did see the doctor and told him about what was going on but he said it's pry my hormones and it will pass. I sobbed all week and could not get out of my head. It was sheer terror. This week I am feeling a tad better. I'm so afraid of getting ppd and I think that is doing my head in. The what ifs are taking over and I question everything, what if I get so bad I will be hospitalized again? And how will I cope with this with a newborn? If I get so bad and needs meds? But that is pry useless considering my history and adverse reactions. It just goes on and on and I'm frightened. I know I can't predict the future but I just feel like physically and mentally having the baby will set me back. I hate to think know this way but judging any life changes or hormonal changes in the past, my body and mind freak out. Thanks everyone for listening and any advice would be awesome. Hugs and healing to all.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2895-antoinette-lexapro-withdrawal/page__p__31234__hl__antoinette__fromsearch__1#entry31234

Lexapro for 10 years

Cold turkeyed in April 2012

Reinstated and had severe adverse reaction in may of 2012

Antoinette - I developed OCD while on antidepressants....horrible thoughts. It's the withdrawal - if they come, let them be there but just try and take no notice. Don't fight them...try and laugh at them and say - "oh my god, like I would ever do or think such things".....it's the drugs, it's not me. Then go and give your kids a hug.

I relate to what you say about feeling like your on LSD....that's how I feel everyday. Torture!!!

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Sorry- I've read your past posts and see that they were from a while ago.

You've come a long way from your terrible withdrawal. Hormones will play a big part on how you're feeling but I truly think you will get through it. Maybe read some good books on anxiety and depression or talk to a therapist to help you through this tough time?

Sorry to hear you are struggling.

I had PND after my children - all hormonal related. I struggled and was offered Prozac....but was too scared and figured they wouldn't help with the hormone problems. I was better after about 3 months.

Stay around and we will support you. Feel free to message me anytime. You are stronger that what you think.....look at what you have come through and survived.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

• Administrator

antoinette, please go to http://meetup.com

and join groups for new moms in your area, for support.

Every new mom needs people around her who understand.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Will do. Was supposed to have a friend I met in a group come here and stay but that went south. I'm just hoping I don't get horrible because I already feel horrible.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2895-antoinette-lexapro-withdrawal/page__p__31234__hl__antoinette__fromsearch__1#entry31234

Lexapro for 10 years

Are you in the uk? If so I can recommend a couple of organizations that couple help.

I use to be a volunteer for one. They were brilliant.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

• Administrator

Being around people who are sympathetic about your pregnancy will be soothing to your nervous system.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondered how you are doing antoinette?

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

• 8 months later...

Hey everyone. Its been 30 mos since my cold turkey and severe adverse reaction of lexapro. I've had some good windows and a lot of improvement, but things are still slow. For now my biggest complaints are, obsessional thinking and compulsions, fear, panic, intrusive thoughts, dp/dr and a few lingering things, but others have gotten so much better. Just wanted to check in and hoping for more healing for all of us!

Lexapro for 10 years

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for the update antoinette, I'm glad you have had some improvement, its great to hear that some of your symptoms have got a lot better.

Next time you check in, please would you put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature.  Putting a short version of your drug and tapering history in your signature helps people understand your context, it appears below each of your posts.  Here are instructions for how to do it:

http://survivinganti...your-signature/

Wishing you continued healing.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

Very happy to hear you're doing better. I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol

to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

Thank you! I bet I will be adding my story within the next couple months to the recovery section. Even since I wrote last I've had more healing, the good days outweigh the bad and things are really coming along. I thought I had more of a chance winning the lottery than saying I was doing ok. I was so severe and I want everyone to know that it indeed happens. Keep hanging on, life is good.

Lexapro for 10 years

• 4 months later...
  • Administrator

Hello, antoinette, how are you doing now?

• 2 months later...

Hello alto and every one of you warriors. In June it was 36 months off of the poison lexapro. As I wrote here, I cold turkeyed in march of 2012 and developed severe withdrawal. I had been on it and others for 12 years, but lexapro always remained the one I was on the longest. Effexor I was on for about 5 years, and cold turkeyed it with no problems, probably because I was on the lexapro as well.

Anyway, after I reinstated the lexapro in may of 2012 I suffered an adverse reaction right away. I developed psychosis, suicidal, homicidal/intrusive thoughts and urges, derealization so bad I didn't know who or where I was, anger, panic, and agitation so severe all I could think about was killing myself. The akathesia was so bad that I admitted myself into the psych ward. I was there for 6 weeks that summer, and had lost 70 lbs in 3 months.

When I came out of there I was still extremely suicidal and depressed. My intrusive thoughts were so bad I was afraid to be home. It took everything I had to not go back. The first 2 years were absolute hell and how I got through...it took sheer strength from what you all know.

I had to distract all day. From the moment I woke up with the cortisol mornings after about 2 hours of sleep, to when I went to bed I obsessively cleaned my house all day. That was the symptom of akathesia and I became extremely obsessive and "ocd" like. I had not only the violent intrusive thoughts, but others about cleaning, ruminations, to where my brain would feel like it would explod . I'm surprised it didn't.

I had 2 kids at this time and I was so HORRIFIED to be around them at this point. Every second of the day felt like a month and like I said above it was hell on earth. I didn't sleep, didn't eat, didn't shower, my clothes hung off me, I had lost so much weight and in the mean time we lost our savings from me not working, took time off work, almost lost it all. Everything was affected. I mean everythin .

The time in the drugs I made so many bad decisions, drinking, cheating, not paying bills, not being the best person and mom I could be.

I had to start all over in withdrawal and had no other choice but to put a foot in front of the other every day. I was so depressed, and god forbid if my period came, I would be even more suicidal and depressed if that was even possible.

I started everyday doing one little thing that could distract me and let the time pass. Whether it was cooking, or rearranging my house, scrapbooking, anything. I did it. I felt no satisfaction whatsoever for the first 2 years but I did it anyway.

At month 27 I had a 3 week window of pure bliss, that was my first one. Only for it to slam shut and not come back for a couple of months. That is how it began. Soon, I found myself enjoying things a little more, things feeling a tiny bit easier, symptoms diminishing or going, new ones popping up, everything was changing and I had a little bit of hope. FINALLY.

Today I am about 80 percent healed. I will have a week or 2 every couple months that are hell and I think oh please don't come back. The truth is, that I will never be that bad again. It always goes. When you are in it you can't see that. It feels like your reality and you will forever be this way. I am here to tell you that it indeed gets better. I still have to be extremely careful. I can't do too much, have to make sure u get sleep, no strenuous activities besides swimming and def no drinking (I never will again) I had a glass of wine a year ago and wasn't right after that for 3 months. I was feeling good and thought oh what the heck...bad idea. I won't ever touch it again.

During all of this I became pregnant. I was so devastated I almost gave her up for adoption. I'm so thankful I didn't. She has brought us so much happiness and I was given a second chance at being a mom, since I failed so poorly with my other 2.

I am now in college to be a cognitive behavioral therapist. I did this therapy in the beginning of withdrawal, per the psych ward recommendations, and they had to drag me there. At the time when I would go I would sit in there and be hysterical. I did take a lot in but now I live my life by what they taught me. It is one of the things that saved my life.

I have cut needless people out of my life, quit my career after 16 years and work at a dry cleaning place and going to school. When we go through something like this it forever puts life into perspective and what matters and what doesn't. My calling now is to help people. I promised myself that if I ever got through this o would in turn make sure that I would pay it forward.

For every single one of you on here...you will heal. It does get better. You will never look at life the same way again. I can't say I am fully healed, I still have some ocd intrusive thoughts from the drugs, and sleep issues, and some anxiety. I will have a week or so here and there of bad symptoms and it goes again. I just wanted to post an update. Life is pretty darn good and will only get better.

Love and healing.

Antoinette

Lexapro for 10 years

• Administrator

Thank you, Antoinette. What you're doing is brilliant. You can help so many people.

Antoinette, congratulations on healing and thriving from your wd experience. You will be a great therapist and have much insight, empathy and knowledge to offer from what you have gone through. From here on I wish you continued sucess and more healing to happen.

Celexa 20mg 2008-2012 for Social Anxiety

Failed attempt to stop reinstated

1 year taper skipping doses

Celexa free 12/2013

1/2014-5/2014 took 5 htp every other day

Failed Reinstatement 5mg of Celexa on 12/2014 for 5 days only

• 2 weeks later...

Hello alto and every one of you warriors. In June it was 36 months off of the poison lexapro. As I wrote here, I cold turkeyed in march of 2012 and developed severe withdrawal. I had been on it and others for 12 years, but lexapro always remained the one I was on the longest. Effexor I was on for about 5 years, and cold turkeyed it with no problems, probably because I was on the lexapro as well.

Anyway, after I reinstated the lexapro in may of 2012 I suffered an adverse reaction right away. I developed psychosis, suicidal, homicidal/intrusive thoughts and urges, derealization so bad I didn't know who or where I was, anger, panic, and agitation so severe all I could think about was killing myself. The akathesia was so bad that I admitted myself into the psych ward. I was there for 6 weeks that summer, and had lost 70 lbs in 3 months.

When I came out of there I was still extremely suicidal and depressed. My intrusive thoughts were so bad I was afraid to be home. It took everything I had to not go back. The first 2 years were absolute hell and how I got through...it took sheer strength from what you all know.

I had to distract all day. From the moment I woke up with the cortisol mornings after about 2 hours of sleep, to when I went to bed I obsessively cleaned my house all day. That was the symptom of akathesia and I became extremely obsessive and "ocd" like. I had not only the violent intrusive thoughts, but others about cleaning, ruminations, to where my brain would feel like it would explod . I'm surprised it didn't.

I had 2 kids at this time and I was so HORRIFIED to be around them at this point. Every second of the day felt like a month and like I said above it was hell on earth. I didn't sleep, didn't eat, didn't shower, my clothes hung off me, I had lost so much weight and in the mean time we lost our savings from me not working, took time off work, almost lost it all. Everything was affected. I mean everythin .

The time in the drugs I made so many bad decisions, drinking, cheating, not paying bills, not being the best person and mom I could be.

I had to start all over in withdrawal and had no other choice but to put a foot in front of the other every day. I was so depressed, and god forbid if my period came, I would be even more suicidal and depressed if that was even possible.

I started everyday doing one little thing that could distract me and let the time pass. Whether it was cooking, or rearranging my house, scrapbooking, anything. I did it. I felt no satisfaction whatsoever for the first 2 years but I did it anyway.

At month 27 I had a 3 week window of pure bliss, that was my first one. Only for it to slam shut and not come back for a couple of months. That is how it began. Soon, I found myself enjoying things a little more, things feeling a tiny bit easier, symptoms diminishing or going, new ones popping up, everything was changing and I had a little bit of hope. FINALLY.

Today I am about 80 percent healed. I will have a week or 2 every couple months that are hell and I think oh please don't come back. The truth is, that I will never be that bad again. It always goes. When you are in it you can't see that. It feels like your reality and you will forever be this way. I am here to tell you that it indeed gets better. I still have to be extremely careful. I can't do too much, have to make sure u get sleep, no strenuous activities besides swimming and def no drinking (I never will again) I had a glass of wine a year ago and wasn't right after that for 3 months. I was feeling good and thought oh what the heck...bad idea. I won't ever touch it again.

During all of this I became pregnant. I was so devastated I almost gave her up for adoption. I'm so thankful I didn't. She has brought us so much happiness and I was given a second chance at being a mom, since I failed so poorly with my other 2.

I am now in college to be a cognitive behavioral therapist. I did this therapy in the beginning of withdrawal, per the psych ward recommendations, and they had to drag me there. At the time when I would go I would sit in there and be hysterical. I did take a lot in but now I live my life by what they taught me. It is one of the things that saved my life.

I have cut needless people out of my life, quit my career after 16 years and work at a dry cleaning place and going to school. When we go through something like this it forever puts life into perspective and what matters and what doesn't. My calling now is to help people. I promised myself that if I ever got through this o would in turn make sure that I would pay it forward.

For every single one of you on here...you will heal. It does get better. You will never look at life the same way again. I can't say I am fully healed, I still have some ocd intrusive thoughts from the drugs, and sleep issues, and some anxiety. I will have a week or so here and there of bad symptoms and it goes again. I just wanted to post an update. Life is pretty darn good and will only get better.

Love and healing.

Antoinette

Antoinette,

You my dear are a survivor! I am currently on week 9 of quitting lexapro. I weened myself off for over a year and a half and finally called it quits August 2015. I went through the usual withdrawal symptoms and it wasn't too bad. I have good days and enjoy being around friends and family, but when it is the start of a new week, I get anxious. I know that I will have to be alone again all day until my kids get home or hubby and I dread it. Sometimes I am good, I will wake up and take them and come home and sleep a little more and go about my anxious filled day, but its OK. Here lately though my hubby has been out of town for work a lot and that rattles me. But its OK. I haven't gone back to lexapro and am seeing a holistic doctor. It is nice to read that you are doing better! I am so thankful to read this. I feel we all need that reminder that it will get better. Time heals all. But liek yous aid, when you're in the moment it is too hard to think it will be better. I will be praying for you and will continue to follow your progress. Please post how your classes are going, I think you will be awesome at a CBT! 

Kuppy :wub: 

-Lexapro 10 mg 2008-2012

- Lexapro 20 mg 2013- August 2015

Weened gradually for over a year and a half.

Currently seeing a holistic doctor for withdrawal symptoms, as well as overall health. 

Thank you for sharing your update.  I really really really needed to hear this today.  I have extreme hyperarousal and sensitivity to everything right now and really bad anger and anxiety.  It feels like there is a current running through my body with horrible sensations.  I had a really tough past 4 days with an extreme wave of this.  You saying you would just have to clean the house everyday reminds me of me because I am totally completely out of my mind and very afraid.  I only took ADs for 2 months, but had an adverse reaction to them, cold turkeyed and now I just completed 6 months off.  You will keep healing more Antointette!  Thanks again for the update!!!  You are a very strong woman!

Dec 2014 I tried Zoloft 25mg for one week (adverse reaction - extreme anxiety and felt like I was on an amphetamine). Dr. said to quit cold turkey, so I not only quit Zoloft but also 2 weeks of Xanax .25mg -- extreme dizziness, hyperarousal and anxiety began! On Jan. 29, 2015 my psychiatrist put me on new stuff and this is how my next 2 months and 7 days looked like (I was having the same bad reactions to all of these):Effexor XR 37.5mg (3 days) - throwing up, heart palpations, night tremors/convulsions or something where whole body shakes for a second, Prozac 10mg (15 days), Prozac 20mg (7 days) - internal restlessness, electric current through body/brain (not zaps), agitation, intense fear and could no longer nap at this point (still can't today because of this), Lexapro 5mg (4 days) - same as Prozac, a horror show...extreme internal agitation, Lexapro 7.5mg (2 days), Lexapro 10mg (16 days), Zoloft 12.5mg (3 days)...she said try it again since my blood relative does well on it, Zoloft 25mg (7 days) - same as before and getting worse!! Zoloft 50mg (6 days), Zoloft 25mg (4 days and then came off cold turkey on April 8, 2015). I used Xanax .25mg about 7 times per month through all of this until June 30, 2015 (my last benzo dose). Extreme anxiety, nervous system traumatized, mental akathisia, anger triggered by nothing but the brain totally going off on its own, feeling of a pressurized electric current going through me like my brain and body are trying to explode, stress reaction x10000 to everything, waking in terror lasting all day, fear, very sensitive, brain can't keep up, don't know what to do with myself, feeling like everything is going too fast and I can't keep up, helium head, deep depression like something is ripping out my soul, out of my mind, can hardly drive or be alone, cognitive issues, simple tasks are so complex and straining, feel disturbed because the brain can't process anything right even though your brain tries so hard and it makes you go mad, episodes of deep anguish with a sick toxic poison feeling (like you have some unknown virus).

Antoinette,

This is inspiring.  You have not only survived this " hellish journey", but are now thriving and enjoying life again.  It's a very encouraging and uplifting update, and I hope everyone here gets to read this. You are indeed, paying it forward. Thank you for coming back to share this.  

I wish you continued success and healing.   :)

Ali.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Beautiful. Have tears in my eyes reading this

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

well done Antoinette. I am 24 months off from Lexapro / Escitalopram, it is a hard struggle at times but we are winning the war.

Namaste.

1997 - 2001 Seroxat 10mg

2001 - 2013 Escitalopram 10mg

Gradual taper from 10mg to 5mg over 2.5 years (between 2011 - 2013)

Last taper from 5mg to 0 under advice from doctor done in 1 month (too damn fast!) - included missing out days.

Have been drug free since Oct 2013.  - Yep 5 years drugs free

• 1 month later...

Any one of you can message me anytime. I am not on here much anymore, but if I am allowed to post this here, you can look me up on Facebook, my name is antoinette beck from cuyahoga falls, Ohio. I don't mind talking or being support to anyone. I am in a wave right now, but that is ok, it will pass. My last one was from last February to march so I was due I guess lol. Its from stress and the holidays and a few other things. I do have hope it will go again and more healing will have taken ace. Even in this wave it is not as bad as it was the first 2 years. Everyone hang on this gets so much better and since I'm never on here anymore, find me on Facebook if you would like. I had a few messages when I got back on and have responded but don't want anyone to think I am ignoring them, I'm just living my life again. Alto if my information isn't allowed on here I understand. Hugs.

Lexapro for 10 years

• Administrator

antoinette, if you post your personal information, some stranger might see it from the Internet. If I were you, I'd ask people to contact me in pms for the Facebook info. It's up to you.

Thank you so much for offering to support people.

Please be sure to pay it forward and post your success story when you feel you're ready.

wow what a success story ...this is one for the success stories right.

Congratulations and what a great calling.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Hi Antoinette, I have felt much arrhythmia, digestive problems and so tired,do you feel that at some point in withdrawal? Thank you and congratulations for recovery.

Improvements: no palpitations , less bad waves.

Symptoms remaining : nervous system sensitive , intense fatigue , sensitive intestine.

8 years on lexapro/ 18 months off