SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

tjs19, panic attack/anxiety, need advice

tjs19

• Moderator Emeritus

That's rotten news, tjs. I'm sorry you're dealing with that. What can you do over the weekend to take care of yourself?  Not only that, what WILL you do to take care of yourself? hugging.gif

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tjs19

• Altostrata

• Hopefull

• Brandy

Top Posters In This Topic

scallywag, for now the most that I do is talk to my parents and sister whenever I want - and they want. Also, I've kept a fairly normal weekend routine of doing some errands as well as relaxing some, and I spent a few hours getting ready for a meeting tomorrow.

I have none of the obvious risk factors for cancer. The doctor said he doesn't know why I have it. But, I look at the last few weeks as a wake up call to change. For one, I think I have to slow down and not work/stress myself to death. For another, I have to somehow become more social. I've started going through an anxiety workbook to try to help myself. I might go back to counseling as well.

I'm also trying to change my diet to much more plant-based products. I've read that dairy products are loaded with growth factors that can "fuel" cancer cells, so I'm going to try to go without dairy. Also, I want to lower my meat consumption, as meat products I think have the same issues. I also want to reduce added sugar.

I'm cold turkeying coffee in the hopes of sleeping better. Day one was yesterday - I slept pretty well last night, after a horrible night the night before (the night of the diagnosis) - hopefully that continues - I've had hit-or-miss sleep for the last few months.

I started taking Vitamin D3, fish oil, and a multivitamin. I had tried some of these off and on but hadn't sticked with it. I felt much better a few hours after having taken them, and still feel pretty good today, so I suspect that I've been malnourished over the last few months.

But I really have to change my attitude towards the world. I tend to, despite my best attempts, only half-listen to what people are saying and then rapidly jump to conclusions without listening/processing to everything they're saying, and frequently develop negative thought processes. I actually did a little bit of reading and wonder whether I have ADD, because it seems every social interaction I have is like that. Anyway, I've started making some changes but have much more work to do to develop new habits.

Prescribed:

Sertraline HCl (Zoloft) (25 mg - 1 pill) for anxiety - took from October 2012 to September 2013; tapered over the last month or so with the smallest dose being approximately quarter of a pill/6.25 mg

Trazodone (50 mg) for sleep/anxiety - took from September 2012 to February (roughly) 2013, then 25 mg from March 2013 through August 2013; tapered over 3-4 weeks or so over the last month of consumption

Zolpidem tartrate (Ambien) (10 mg) for sleep "as needed" - only took three of these total (terrible rebound anxiety the next day)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tjs19,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

I wish you all the best. Stay strong and be positive. Take care, Hopefull.

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(