npanth

npanth

Oh yes please! An update! I have long wished to hear  how you are doing.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

In withdrawal, there is no spiral that precipitates the uncontrollable rage, it springs fully formed in the mind and propels itself without any input from the person experiencing it. The other emotional symptoms of withdrawal act in a similar way.

This is absolutely spot on.

What a most wonderful discriptive piece of writing no doubt its brilliance is only appreciated by those of has who have had to go through it.

later....reading

I still remember the 4am calls, the circular, obsessive thoughts, the anger.

Wow your brother ..my father still talks bout the time i rang him at this hour, as if i was being totally crazy! ...it was just torture!

nz11

Is npanth =JH?

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

npanth, it's a relief to have you here.

I followed your blog before joining SA and your blog answered many of my questions re: WD.

Great to see you're doing better now and your patience is paying dividends that's for sure.

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Nz,

Search goog on his 'handle' here and you will find his blog.

He is indeed 'JH' but mind your spelling....... I am not going to link to his blog for anonymity reasons.

I was cruising the site yest and saw he was online. I was hoping to get his topic bumped in time for him to see and be encouraged to give us an update but no joy. He does not have following set for his topic.

I believe he was here earlier in the month (according to his profile) and uploaded an avatar but no update. He has no idea he is an SA rockstar.......

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

I think this is still on topic for the current topic (anger) but off topic kinda for the topic starter npanth.

Here is a link to an old discussion on his blog on the subject and you'll recognize some voices there:

https://npanth.wordpress.com/2012/07/02/dealing-with-anger-during-ssri-withdrawal/

Very informative.

I just have to know where he got the info, I don't have time to plug it all into google and see if he culled it from studies, textbooks, or just personal experience gleaned from the web. It is professionally worded too but not so arcane that the common man cannot understand it. It (anger) is my current problem and it threatens to explode my whole life where my mother is concerned. I am past the worst of it but try telling that to the powers that be about something that happened in the past.

Road rage? OMG. How can you not want to run someone down after they wait till you are right upon them, they look you right in the eye and continue to pull in front of you from a side street all the while you are honking continuously to make them stop (and then they have the nerve to give YOU the finger!)?

I have no dog or child to kick when I get home and would not do it even if I did. But that anger is white hot and it is out and I am frothing at the mouth in seconds but this is with provocation now. I am 4 years post drugs and I just feel like my system is still messed up because of this. Only in the past few months has the simmering irrational anger disipated somewhat. That was a constant feature of mine after the loathing and depression lifted a bit, but it can come out at a moment's notice.

Wow what a link...i have never read that before...gee this guy is right on the money..

"

Anger is one of the most difficult emotions to deal with in SSRI withdrawal.  It’s the one emotion that the patient is most likely to translate into action against friends or strangers.  Anxiety, depression and fear are also amplified in withdrawal, but those emotions tend to draw the patient into themselves.  Anger is more likely to be expressed outwards towards other people.  For patients, it’s important to be mindful of the difference between normal anger and that caused by withdrawal.  If you’re angry and can’t see what triggered it, it’s most likely caused by withdrawal.  It’s a delicate point in withdrawal.  Be very careful not to do or say something that you will regret later.  This stage of withdrawal causes more broken friendships and burned bridges than any other.  It’s very hard to control anger in withdrawal, though.  Don’t berate yourself too much if you do something out of character, a lot of people experience the exact same thing.

For friends and loved ones, it’s important to suspend reactions to a person experiencing anger in SSRI withdrawal.  No matter how hurtful or mean they seem, the emotion is not normal anger.  It’s an out of control emotion that they are expressing incoherently.  They can still use their imagination and intellect to lash out, but the basis for the anger is beyond their control.  Attacks can seem very personal and elaborate.  They may bring up very old problems that seemed resolved long ago.  They’re not really trying to relive those old arguments, they are just clinging to anything that can explain the sudden and overwhelming anger they feel.  We’re not used to experiencing anger without context, so someone in withdrawal will grab onto anything to explain it.  As much as you can, be relentlessly positive.  S/he needs your support to get through this crisis.  Responding with anger will escalate the situation.  The patient has no real upper limit on their anger, but you do.  Try to moderate yourself and control your emotions.  It’s very hard to deal with a person suffering from withdrawal rage, but escalating the situation will not serve either of you in the long run.

The anger phase of withdrawal does pass.  The goal for the patient and those around him/her is to recognize that it wasn’t a normal part of their personality.  As strange as it seems, withdrawal can temporarily change your personality and make you do things that you would normally never do.  It’s not an emotional state that you’re likely to return to, either.  Once you pass through anger, there are other phases of withdrawal to deal with, but anger should slowly become more manageable as time goes by.  You may find that you are better equipped to deal with normal anger now that you’ve experienced irrational anger.  Instead of fearing that you may relapse into anger in the future, take heart that you have passed through the most difficult part of SSRI withdrawal.

"

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017