SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

The Sensitive Gut

Skyler

• Moderator Emeritus

I just got the following promo from Harvard Health for a new report. I don't have a sensitive gut, but thought there might be some interest given the number of folks here who are so effected. HH usually does a good job with these, though this does not mean you would agree with everything they cite.

The Sensitive Gut

A Harvard Special Health Report

The Sensitive Gut

Your "gut" is the series of organs — mouth, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, and colon — that transform the food you eat into the nutrients your body needs to live and to thrive.

If you've ever had an upset stomach, constipation, heartburn or gas, you know how sensitive the gut can be. These "gut reactions" can be painful, disruptive, and sometimes, embarrassing.

Fortunately, you can achieve a calmer, quieter coexistence with your digestive system. You can address, prevent, and treat the most common troublemakers, including acid reflux, functional dyspepsia, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, diarrhea, and excessive gas.

In The Sensitive Gut, you will gain an empowering understanding of your digestive system, how it works, why and how it sometimes acts up, and most important, what you can do about it.

Take heartburn. It's the key symptom of gastroesophageal reflux disease, the most common digestive malady. It can be painful and frightening, especially when it mimics a heart attack. The report will give you strategies for preventing reflux. Plus, you'll learn which pain relievers — from Prilosec and Nexium to Zantac and Tums — are the safest and fastest-acting remedies for heartburn.

In The Sensitive Gut, you'll learn why irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) presents such a challenge to the people who have it and the doctors who treat them. You'll be alerted to six diseases that can mimic the symptoms of IBS. You'll read about new diagnostic tests. And you'll find ways to eliminate the triggers of IBS and manage this vexing condition.

The report explains the brain-gut connection and the effect stress can have on your digestive system. It shares the best ways to treat constipation without laxatives, tells you how simple mealtime changes can spare you from indigestion without forgoing the foods you love, and much more.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy