Narcissus: just another Effexor story

Narcissus

• Moderator Emeritus

Ah, beautiful people, all of you!  Today was a little better.

Alex, I've never had any trouble with sleeping (thank god), I truly sympathize with those who do.

I know that right now it feels like this time is the one time it's never going to get better, it's never really been much better than this, and there's really no hope.  

You really have a strong grasp on the psychology of withdrawal, Rhi.

HA! It's called practice... :-)  been there oh, a few times... a few dozen times...

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

• 2 months later...

Narcissus, Just wanted to check in on how you are doing...

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Still alive, still very much in withdrawal, thanks Meimequest.  As of today I'm going to start contributing again.  How are all my brave SA friends doing?

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

2 month taper down to zero

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

6 or so months back to regular dose of 150 - was able to restabilize fine.

3 month taper back to zero

1 HORRENDOUS week at zero

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

One week at 150 - unable to stabilize.

Back down to 75 mgs

At 75 mgs (half original dose) and suffering withdrawal symptoms since October 2012.

"It is a radical cure for all pessimism to become ill, to remain ill for a good while, and then grow well for a still longer period." - Nietzsche

Great to hear from you! I know this will shock you, but there are a few of us STILL working this through :)

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Narcissus,

I'm glad you are back and still alive :)   Sorry you are still in withdrawal though...... as are most of us here, in one way or another.

Are you still at 75mg?  Have you stabilized now?

Petu.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm glad you're back, Narcissus. :)

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

^Thank you all.

Yes, Petu, I am still at 75 mgs.  I'm able to function and hold a part time job, so I suppose I've stabilized, yes.  I've been in a bad but not unbearable wave over the past month or so, I seem to just be getting out of it.  If I had to guess I'd say that it'll be another year before I'm really back to normal or close to normal.  I would've had a very hard time accepting this kind of time frame several months ago. By and large I think I've come to terms with being sick for the moment, even if I still struggle with it when things get bad.  

I have an acupuncture appointment tomorrow.  I'm trying not to expect much, but I really hope to find a little relief.  Wish me luck!

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

Back down to 75 mgs

At 75 mgs (half original dose) and suffering withdrawal symptoms since October 2012.

"It is a radical cure for all pessimism to become ill, to remain ill for a good while, and then grow well for a still longer period." - Nietzsche

• Moderator Emeritus

I have an acupuncture appointment tomorrow.  I'm trying not to expect much, but I really hope to find a little relief.  Wish me luck!

Please let us know how this goes.  Quite a few members here have written that it does help with symptoms, I hope it brings some relief.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

• Moderator Emeritus

Just finished my first acupuncture session.  There were moments of discomfort throughout the session, but I must say, I'm experiencing quite a lot of relief at the moment.  So far I'm very impressed.  

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

Back down to 75 mgs

I am very glad for you Narcissus.

We will beat the beast.We are the pioneers, the man on the moon;the warriors (los guerreros)

I am with you my friend.A.

4 years aprox. on 150mgs.Effexor for situational major depression.No AD before.
Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months.

Tapered Quetiapine,Xanax in the last 18 months.NO med of any kind anymore.
First 3 months off acute w/d
Protracted w/d ever since.
Symptoms:Anxiety,anhedonia,insomnia,tinnitus,PSSD

04/13/2014 Awful Relapse.Recovered fairly fast.

3 years and 4 months off.

waves and windows.Very much recovered.

November 2015,health issue.Setback.

• Moderator Emeritus

^Thank you, Alex.About an hour ago I began to feel a strain come on...now I'm in the midst of it, that feeling if inner tension and mounting anxiety from the early stages of withdrawal.  I am very frightened to be seeing this again.  I'm not sure if it was the acupuncture or the moxibustion I did an hour ago (per the acupuncturists recommendation).  I am thinking that it may be the latter, since I was more or less fine until I did it.  I looked it up and it's supposed to bring "warmth" to the body, so I'm thinking that it's activating.  Either way, I'm very concerned that I have regressed to an earlier and much more frighening part of the withdrawal process.  I really hope this doesn't have lasting effects.  Christ this is awful.

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

Back down to 75 mgs

This is awful and crazy indeed.

Yesterday I was having one of the worst days, and today I've had one of the best days... :blink:

Crazy, crazy stuff........

I am sorry Narcissus;we have to be extra careful with this awful condition.

But if you have the ability to sleep, your body will know what to do and tomorrow you'll be fine.

Don't let fear take over.

Hugs, A.

4 years aprox. on 150mgs.Effexor for situational major depression.No AD before.
Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months.

Tapered Quetiapine,Xanax in the last 18 months.NO med of any kind anymore.
First 3 months off acute w/d
Protracted w/d ever since.
Symptoms:Anxiety,anhedonia,insomnia,tinnitus,PSSD

04/13/2014 Awful Relapse.Recovered fairly fast.

3 years and 4 months off.

waves and windows.Very much recovered.

November 2015,health issue.Setback.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm not sure if it was the acupuncture or the moxibustion I did an hour ago (per the acupuncturists recommendation).

I had to look this up to find out what it was.  Two things which jumped out at me were 'stimulating' and 'adds energy', so it may be this.  Did you tell your therapist that you needed a calming treatment?

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

• Moderator Emeritus

^Yes, I did, which I think he took into account for the acupuncture treatment.  But I think he's in the habit of recommending moxibustion to everyone and it may not have occurred to him that it was stimulating.  

On the other hand, the sharp wave I experienced last night almost completely subsided after an hour or two and today I don't really feel any traces of it.  Perhaps something was stirred up by the treatment yesterday and temporarily fired up my withdrawal symptoms.  I know that people report having surges of emotion and energy after acupuncture treatment, but this was very much early withdrawal stuff, that unmistakable bone-breaking inner tension (as I think Alto once referred to it).  

Overall though, I'm feeling very good about the acupuncture and I'm definitely going to continue with it.  I definitely still have symptoms but everything is slightly different now, somehow clearer.  Mostly what's gone is that stagnant gray dead feeling, the sense of always being burnt out.  Aside from the hell waves that peculiar deadness may be the most unbearable symptom of all, and I'm glad to see it letting up a bit.

I'm going again on Monday, I'll make sure to report back.

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

Back down to 75 mgs

I'm so glad to hear you are doing better.

I was thinking of going in for an acupuncture session but now will make sure I don't have the moxibustion.

In another thread I read your posts that you had been having headaches. I am experiencing headaches for the last two months.

I had been micro tapering since July and headaches started in August. I then put a hold on tapering.

Can you give me some feedback please. I don't know what to do next. Should I keep holding, should I decrease slower? I don't want to increase since I've been holding and micro tapering for a while now.

Also one day last week I felt a dull headache but then anxiety came around and I hadn't had it for quite a while. I'm afraid that if it's not headaches it will be anxiety as the next WD symptom.

Started Effexor August 2012 Sept'12-150mg=extreme anxiety Oct'12 cut half-75mg severe wds

Feb 2013 68.5mg. Mar'13- 65mg. Apr'13-59mg. May'13-57mg. June '13-52mg Aug'13 49.75mg.

Sep'13-48.75. Nov'13-47mg Dec'13-45..5mg

May 2014 42mg. Jun'14 40mg (depressive mood started). Aug'14 -40mg/ started brintellix 2.5mg

Oct '14 -39 Nov'14 36.89 Dec'14 34.45

Jan 2015- 31 Feb'15 29mg. Mar'15 26.72. Apr'15 24.48. May'15 22.31mg. Jun'15 20.30mg

Aug'15-18.89. Oct'15 16.96. Nov/16- 16.10. Dec/15- 15mg

Jan 2016-14.22. May'16 11.45. Aug'16-9.60. Sep/16- 8.88mg. Oct/16- 8.39mg. Nov/16- 8.13. Dec/16- 7.89

• Moderator Emeritus

Head aches have been the most consistent part the withdrawal process for me.  They're annoying but I can get used to them, whereas there's no getting use to those hellish heated waves of neurofear.  I haven't done a successful taper myself, but holding seems to be the safest bet when a wave hits or your taper is catching up to you.  I think people usually increase when they feel that their last few drops in particular have destabilized them.  Have you felt worse after your last decrease?  Or do you think maybe what you're experiencing now is just a recurring wave that you need to ride out?  If the latter then you should try holding for a bit.

Tapering is tricky, because withdrawal has its waves or windows that seem to exist independently of what we do, so it's not always clear what's been brought on by tapering.  

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

Back down to 75 mgs

Narc,

Your avatar photo is new and it seems as though I should know who it is. I tried a search on the quote in your sig and came across an interesting link where students rated Coppola as a professor: 

http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=446772. Quite a character it seems.

Wishing you well!

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

• Moderator Emeritus

^Haha!  He does indeed seem like a character, some of those "reviews" are pretty funny.  I don't know much about the guy, I just stumbled across one of his books a while back.  I struggled with the book and eventually gave up on it, but I liked the quote.

The guy in my avatar is the Scottish psychiatrist and madman R.D. Laing.  I've been slowly working through "The Politics of Experience" and I really like his ideas.  He's probably best remembered now for his role in the anti-psychiatry movement.

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

Back down to 75 mgs

Coppola also shows up at imdb as having some parts in movies (street vendor in 'The Godfather'), I think it is the same person. Yes, those reviews were hilarious and he does seem to be a rather 'polarizing' person - either liked or disliked, immensely for some, depending on their interpretation of his methods.

Thanks for telling me about the avatar pic!

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

• Moderator Emeritus

Ah, so he's one of those Coppolas.  Very interesting.

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

Back down to 75 mgs

yes, but I do not know if he is related to Francis and Nick, those Coppolas. Didn't do enough research. Interesting all the same

Hi Nar,

I follow your thread, and am delighted to see that you are doing much better ..

I held my breath with the accupuncture scare ..I prayed for it to end well .. :)

You have always given stellar advice Nar, and so I have adopted, or borrowed your

thoughts to Lexy..

It is reassuring to see you back on the forum, and more active.

Stay well ..You are in thought and prayer.

Love, Lexicon

Hello,
I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.125 mgs.

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

but it did not work. So I resumed my taper and hold pattern.
For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you, Lexi. It really is nice knowing others are out there thinking of you. I hope you're doing okay.

Things have been very strange since the acupuncture. I've been alternating between feeling good and bad much quicker than usual. Every day so far has had both moments of clarity and moments

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

Back down to 75 mgs

I was thinking that if the acupuncture was beneficial and you suddenly had bad symptoms right after the second treatment and then it went away, then maybe that was just it.....a bump.  You know how in WD intense heat, perspiration, exercise, saunas, sun, can exacerbate symptoms?  Maybe that is what really happened.

I can understand how you must have felt.  It is amazing how we can take such a nose dive....

Glad you are feeling better

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you, Lexi. It really is nice knowing others are out there thinking of you. I hope you're doing okay.

Things have been very strange since the acupuncture. I've been alternating between feeling good and bad much more than usual. Every day so far has had both moments of clarity and moments of terrible tension. The tension scares the hell put of me because it harkens back to early withdrawal. On the other hand things appear brighter, more alive, like a veil has been lifted. I really wonder what's happening to me.

I'm hoping that the flare-ups are just a knee-jerk reaction to the changes caused by the acupuncture, which I hope are ultimately positive. I worry a bit about my lack of stability this week, but then I wonder if there comes a time in withdrawal where have to stop seeking only stability. I'm reminded of Paul Tillich's words that healing means experiencing "convulsions of body and soul". Perhaps this is one of those convulsions.

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

Back down to 75 mgs

• Moderator Emeritus

Not feeling good tonight.

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

Back down to 75 mgs

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having a bad night, it sounds from your previous post that you are wondering if the acupuncture has changed your symptom pattern, and if its ultimately a good thing.  My symptoms have changed slightly too, windows and waves have become less defined and I'm wondering if its caused by stopping omega 3s.

Trying to figure out what's going on adds to the stress of the actual symptoms.  What I've found is that the better I've become at letting go of my need to understand and control, the easier in general its become.  But I seem 'wired' for problem solving, so its been a difficult lesson.

I hope you feel better tomorrow.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

• Moderator Emeritus

Trying to figure out what's going on adds to the stress of the actual symptoms.  What I've found is that the better I've become at letting go of my need to understand and control, the easier in general its become.

This is very true and I think I needed to hear it.  Thank you Petu.

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

Back down to 75 mgs

Hi Nar,

Thinking of you, and hoping that your symptoms lifted, and that you had a peaceful night.

This is a horrific nightmare, none of us would choose. But we can choose the way we move through.

Try to not ruminate ..When I ruminate on my symptoms,

they remain and get much worse.

Try to think back to successes and focus on that, and know that you will get

through this too.

When my tremors, frightening heart beats, and horrific head symptoms

among others come,

I am practicing to dive in and give all of it as much presence as possible.

I try not to retreat and curl. I do not always succeed, and get paralyzed with fear, but the effort makes things more bearable.

A satisfaction that one day I will win over this monster. Maybe you can think of it in

terms of winning over this monster too.

So hang in there ..You are in the hearts and thoughts of many people here ..

Ultimately we will win, and heal ..

Love, Lexi

Hello,

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

Nar

How was your day?

Started Effexor August 2012 Sept'12-150mg=extreme anxiety Oct'12 cut half-75mg severe wds

Feb 2013 68.5mg. Mar'13- 65mg. Apr'13-59mg. May'13-57mg. June '13-52mg Aug'13 49.75mg.

May 2014 42mg. Jun'14 40mg (depressive mood started). Aug'14 -40mg/ started brintellix 2.5mg

Jan 2015- 31 Feb'15 29mg. Mar'15 26.72. Apr'15 24.48. May'15 22.31mg. Jun'15 20.30mg

Jan 2016-14.22. May'16 11.45. Aug'16-9.60. Sep/16- 8.88mg. Oct/16- 8.39mg. Nov/16- 8.13. Dec/16- 7.89

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the reassuring words lexicon.

Lexy, Saturday was fine, thanks for asking.

Feeling lousy across the board after my second acupuncture treatment today.  Trying not to feel too discouraged, but beginning to distrust that the acupuncture is helping.  

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

Back down to 75 mgs

• Moderator Emeritus

Feeling better now.  Still, I wonder if I should be having flare-ups like this.  We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

Back down to 75 mgs

• Moderator Emeritus

Yesterday (the day of my second acupuncture treatment) was very difficult.  

Today, however, has been spectacular!   Feeling less sick than usual I went to the park and walked around a bit.  The wind was tearing through the trees, looking up at the branches I felt a tremendous awe.  Underneath or perhaps part of the sense of awe was a kind of triumphant feeling of health.  I felt that I was not only cured but blessed, and I cried with gratitude.  Then the fear came, as it always does.  "What is this?"  "Can I trust it?"  "Will it last?"

And, for the most part, it has lasted, at least throughout today.  I'm sure it'll be gone again before I know it, but for the moment I'm enjoying it and trying not to cling too much.  Ah, these fleeting, fleeting windows!  

Anyway, I'm almost sure that the acupuncture is responsible for this window.  I hope this means that I'll see more of them by continuing treatment.

My fellow sufferers, all you botched and beautiful souls!  March on, for there's light ahead!  

Posted Image

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

Back down to 75 mgs

How wonderful Nar .. :)

I teared up reading your post ..I am so happy that you experienced

this awesome window .. :)

And how apropos using Paradiso Canto ..!! Dante and Beatrice gazing upon the Highest Heaven ..!!

Beautiful Nar .. :)

This was indeed a blessed day ..Praying for more of them .. :)

Love, Lexicon

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you, lexi.  

And Paradiso, yes!  Never realized that was Beatrice, but you're right, it must be.  

If that's a window, then I suppose a wave must look something like this (I have a print of this on the wall above my toilet):

Posted Image

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

Back down to 75 mgs

Haha that's a good place!

Don't analyze your windows just Enjoy Today....