Healing

Shame, guilt, regret, and self-criticism

thecowisback

it's so hard  for others to understand if they haven't been through it themselves. i envy people with quiet minds - i've always been an overthinker my whole life but this constant noise of doubts, fear, guilt etc is just unbearable. i just want a switch to turn it all off. 

JackieDecides
On 2/8/2019 at 4:05 AM, thecowisback said:

i envy people with quiet minds - i've always been an overthinker my whole life but this constant noise of doubts, fear, guilt etc is just unbearable. i just want a switch to turn it all off. 

last summer I read Dr. Weil's book Spontaneous Happiness. (this is a terrible name for it, the book should be called Lifestyle Choices for Mood Disturbances or something like that) - anyway, I was very inspired to read that he has had mood swings all his life but they have become much more mild and manageable through simple things like breathing exercises, meditation, and healthier eating. 

gave me hope!

thecowisback

i have so many self help books on the go. they're in a pile under my coffee table and i haven't managed to finish one of them yet 😑

Barbarannamated
On 2/8/2019 at 7:05 AM, thecowisback said:

it's so hard  for others to understand if they haven't been through it themselves. i envy people with quiet minds - i've always been an overthinker my whole life but this constant noise of doubts, fear, guilt etc is just unbearable. i just want a switch to turn it all off. 

Blissful ignorance is looking good.