Shame, guilt, regret and self-criticism

Healing

I find this way to explain these withdrawal intense/overwhelming emotions and emotional reactions to be more of the same harmful psychiatric neurological reductionism.

Mid Feb 2017 - Mid March 2017 0.25mg Sertraline

March 2017 - last months of 2019 0.50mg Sertraline

Last months of 2019 - tappering, cold turkey and reinstating multiple times, decided to not take it any longer (suffering unknown withdrawal)

April 2020 - end August 2020 - 0.50mg again, stopped cold turkey

Jan/Feb 2021 (Can't remember exactly) - 0.25mg or 0.50mg Sertraline for 1-3 weeks max

0.00mg since August 2020

Has anyone deal with the so call “life review” going through this injury where the only thing you review is the negative? It appears even memories not pos or neg just seem to be negative. I’ve had some low self esteem situations in my life but this seems to be on another level. Any help would be gratefully accepted 

1993 started 20mg Prozac.

2008 switched to 10mg of lexapro.

2015 added 50mg of Wellbutrin. Between 2015 and 2020 raised and lowered dosage of both. 2021 moved to Zoloft for one month then back to lexapro for one month. Then switched to 60mg cymbalta for four months. Then Basically cold turkeyed off cymbalta in two weeks using Prozac as a crossover med to reduce withdrawals. Not good. Then had Nortriptylene added to Prozac. Was on 20mg Prozac and 50mg of Nortriptylene for four months. Then did a four month ween off Nortriptylene. To date have been off cymbalta for approximately 11 months and Nortriptylene 7 weeks.  Presently taking 12.5 mg Prozac. Also taking 10 mg of bystolic for BLood Pressure. I’m not sure how the Prozac makes me feel. It does nothing to make me feel not sad and anxious at times. I finally figured out the meds are not what I need. What I need is to get off the 12.5mg of Prozac and continue to work on my stuff. Any help is deeply appreciated thank you. Reduced from 12.5 to 10 then from 10 to 7.5. Too much of a drop. Bought a scale and went to 9. Stabilized and went to 8.2 oct 1, 2022. Just got hit with wicked low mood, high anxiety, fatigue, chills. The anxiety is high in the AM and  lessons throughout the day. Hoping to stabilize soon 

You could see it as a normal part of the stabilizating process. You're going through difficult emotions, the ones that withdrawal released, and until you learn how to deal with them and give them meaning you'll have to wait. Try to accept it and normalize it.

Mid Feb 2017 - Mid March 2017 0.25mg Sertraline

March 2017 - last months of 2019 0.50mg Sertraline

Last months of 2019 - tappering, cold turkey and reinstating multiple times, decided to not take it any longer (suffering unknown withdrawal)

April 2020 - end August 2020 - 0.50mg again, stopped cold turkey

Jan/Feb 2021 (Can't remember exactly) - 0.25mg or 0.50mg Sertraline for 1-3 weeks max

0.00mg since August 2020

3 hours ago, Mezzer said:

Has anyone deal with the so call “life review” going through this injury where the only thing you review is the negative? It appears even memories not pos or neg just seem to be negative. I’ve had some low self esteem situations in my life but this seems to be on another level. Any help would be gratefully accepted 

I always attributed that to the balance sheet of family issues coming due in my consciousness - they would never discuss or address the problems, only ever pointing out the nice things they'd done.  Everything else was swept under the rug to fester.  (I'm the type to look under the rug and ideally clean it.)

I am not a health professional - your actions are your own.  

Please do not seek tapering support via private message - "Any reason to hold is a good one"

My taper visualised as a graph   |   My intro thread

Backdrop:  2003 10mg olanzapine | 2004 2-3mg risperidone | end 2014 3wks aripiprazole

2015: olanzapine  10 -> 7½ -> 6⅔ -> 5mg  by crude pill cutter

2018:  Mar 5.00mg -> water titrated taper -> Aug2.5mg tablet and hold

Jan 2019 2.50mg water titration -> Jan 2020 1.214  -> Jan 2021 0.44 -> 2 Oct 0.205 ->3 Oct ZERO🥂

Jun 2023 💉150mg paliperidone "loading" depot shot, 100mg 1wk after Jul 100mg Aug-Dec 75mg/4wks

Jul 2023 2.50mg aripiprazole/day attempt to lower prolactin^

Jan-Feb 2024 cross taper off shots to 1mg risperidone

Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country did to you"  -- KMFDM

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy