Healing

Shame, guilt, regret, and self-criticism

thecowisback

it's so hard  for others to understand if they haven't been through it themselves. i envy people with quiet minds - i've always been an overthinker my whole life but this constant noise of doubts, fear, guilt etc is just unbearable. i just want a switch to turn it all off. 

JackieDecides
On 2/8/2019 at 4:05 AM, thecowisback said:

i envy people with quiet minds - i've always been an overthinker my whole life but this constant noise of doubts, fear, guilt etc is just unbearable. i just want a switch to turn it all off. 

last summer I read Dr. Weil's book Spontaneous Happiness. (this is a terrible name for it, the book should be called Lifestyle Choices for Mood Disturbances or something like that) - anyway, I was very inspired to read that he has had mood swings all his life but they have become much more mild and manageable through simple things like breathing exercises, meditation, and healthier eating. 

gave me hope!

thecowisback

i have so many self help books on the go. they're in a pile under my coffee table and i haven't managed to finish one of them yet 😑

Barbarannamated
On 2/8/2019 at 7:05 AM, thecowisback said:

it's so hard  for others to understand if they haven't been through it themselves. i envy people with quiet minds - i've always been an overthinker my whole life but this constant noise of doubts, fear, guilt etc is just unbearable. i just want a switch to turn it all off. 

Blissful ignorance is looking good. 

India
On 5/12/2011 at 12:44 AM, Healing said:

Whatever you felt bad about before you took meds is now amplified

This is the crux of it. The terror of all my failures, all my wounds. As if they constantly play on a projector in front of me. Haunted. Of course, having to spend so much time hermiting because you feel ill does not help one become less myopic.

DogLover

this thread is me. at the moment i have constant rumination and compairing myself to all my peers. feelings of being worthless, shame, a fool. everything is a trigger: tv, music, cars, people laughing.

all i can do is walk to physically wear myself out.

JackieDecides
20 hours ago, DogLover said:

all i can do is walk to physically wear myself out.

I read a quote somewhere "motion conquers emotion" and it sure can help. 

as does knowing it's temporary. 🤗