Kerrip - Introduction

kerrip

To be honest I don't think so I think this nervousness was also happening when I was kindling from the celexa both when I was off and back on trazodone. Do you think there is a possible interaction though?

It feels like I am mildly kindling, I guess that is possible with even a 0.5 mg increase? I've got some restless legs going on.

On 20 mg Celexa for 7 years for insomnia and GAD

Tapered from 20 mg to 0 from Aug 2011 to Dec 2nd 2011

Used Xanax intermittently over the past 7 years, and through WD.

Started 50 mgs Trazodone in June but am starting to taper off due to bad eye twitching, suspected Trazodone is the cause. Went to 25 mg in October and then 12.5 in December and then 0mg on Dec 20th.

Reinstated citalopram at 10 mgs on Nov 26th, then up to 20 mgs on Dec 3rd. Started kindling reaction on Dec 10th. Decided a very quick taper to 10 mgs for a 2 days and then 5mgs for a 2 more. Holding at 2.5 mg and beginning to stabilize. Reinstated trazodone to 12.5 mgs.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kerrip

• Altostrata

• Jemima

• dalsaan

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Yes, it is possible with a .5mg increase, that's why I was urging you not to jump up in dosage.

Please keep daily notes on paper about when you change your dosage, amount of dosage, and symptom patterns. It's too difficult to tell what's going on by re-reading your posts.

January 5 -- 2.5mg

January 10 -- 3mg

If you were to get an adverse reaction to the .5mg increase, it probably would become apparent today or tomorrow.

However, if the daytime jitteriness preceded the .5mg increase, it is possible there is an interaction with trazodone, it would cause feelings of activation the following morning.

But you've been making so many changes, some of them simultaneously, it's impossible to tell what's doing what, especially without notes of symptom patterns.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Please keep daily notes on paper about when you change your dosage, amount of dosage, and symptom patterns.

I've been using an EXCEL document to keep track. It is working well for me. Small page/ big picture. Maybe think about it Kerrip?

Fall 1995 xanax, zoloft. switched to Serzone

1996- spring 2003serzone/ xanax/ lightbox.

b]Fall 2003- Fall 2004? Lexapro 10 mg. Light box /4 mg. xanax.[/b]

2004 - Fall of 2009 10 mg Lex, 150 mg Wellbutrin XL % 4 mg xanax

November 2009- Sept. 2011 10 mg lex., 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax [/b

Sept.2012- July 2012 20 mg Lex 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax

My mantra " go slow & with the flow "

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

Yes that's a really good idea I need to be better about that.

I just got back from taking my son to the emergency room for a fever so I think that is contributing to me being anxious as well. Plus I am leaving for New Orleans tomorrow for an entire week for work.

I was considering going back down to 2 1/2 and just staying there though.

Started 50 mgs Trazodone in June but am starting to taper off due to bad eye twitching, suspected Trazodone is the cause. Went to 25 mg in October and then 12.5 in December and then 0mg on Dec 20th.

Reinstated citalopram at 10 mgs on Nov 26th, then up to 20 mgs on Dec 3rd. Started kindling reaction on Dec 10th. Decided a very quick taper to 10 mgs for a 2 days and then 5mgs for a 2 more. Holding at 2.5 mg and beginning to stabilize. Reinstated trazodone to 12.5 mgs.

Is there a good iPhone app for tracking symptoms etc?

• Administrator

A daily diary or calendar will do.

Kerrip, I would suggest reducing the trazodone slightly to see if that's causing your symptoms but there's too much static from the last Celexa change. You need to give it some time, and to chart your symptoms.

Make sure you note what times of day certain symptoms occur, so you can see a pattern if there is one.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

My right foot has become Numb and tingly the past couple days. I know I have a lot going on right now in terms of my medication but does this ring a bell for anybody?

I hope I am not developing diabetes or anything.

I'm just getting over really severe cold so maybe the infection has something to do with my numb foot?

This numbness in my foot is really bothering me now and I think it might have to do with my increased intake of Xanax lately. I just took a really really big dose for me anyways, 1.5 mg, and the foot numbness has gone away. I normally don't take that much Xanax but I was having a very anxious afternoon today and I am traveling for work so that complicates my problem. As a matter fact I have only taken Xanax during the day maybe two or three times since reinstating Celexa. However I can take 0.25 mg dose every other night for sleep during this difficult time for me.

Based off of the relief I got on a big dose of Xanax I am suspecting that my foot numbness is related to this and that I should greatly reduce the amount of Xanax that I am taking. Does this sound correct to any of you? It's funny because I'm not getting other different withdrawal symptoms but foot pain seems to be one of them.

I am not up to speed on benzodiazepine issues so if anyone can provide give me just a bit of an understanding I would really appreciate it thank you. If I am really careful with my Xanax intake with this foot pain eventually go away?

Finally this didn't seem to start right when I began using liquid Celexa. I am not sure if this is related but it must be a coincidence right? Has anyone ever heard of anyone who we ask differently or negatively when switching from pill to liquid?

Thanks everyone

Does anyone have any input on this by any chance? thank you

Kerrip I've often wondered if ADs were causing any of my foot pain or preventing the healing process. I have burning and pain now along the inside of my ankles where I'm getting a slight rash also.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

• Administrator

Kerri, your experience with withdrawal symptoms may have made your nervous system hypersensitive to all neuroactive substances.

I have a suspicion that it may be the trazodone interacting with the celexa. I went down from 12.5 to 6.25 mg last night and the foot sensation isn't as bad.

Right now I am on 3.0 mg celexa.

Do you see trazodone and celexa reactions often?

Kerrip I have not ever taken Trazadone, only the Celexa so I don't know.

I have read that alot of members taper one drug at a time.

Nikki

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Administrator

Yes, reactions between trazodone and antidepressants have shown up here a number of times.

I am going to continue tapering the trazodone and hold steady with the celexa.

• Administrator

When did you reinstate trazodone?

Trazodone can have withdrawal symptoms, including a very grueling rebound insomnia.

You've made a large drop. If you get away with it, I suggest you hold for a couple of weeks before you decrease the trazodone again.

I started back on 12.5 mg of trazodone on December 30 after taking a week off. I will continue to maintain at 6.5 mg.

I think I might be starting to stabilize, however depression has taken over and I am tired and without much drive. My anxiety is still there but I am not hyper anxious anymore.

I still need to taper off the xanax such that I only use it a couple to a few times a week.

Just got out of the doctors office, he assured me I don't have MS and that my hand and foot numbness are related to anxiety. Actually it is not numbness per se, but a weird tight tense muscular feeling.

Anyways, I hope I stabilize further. The foot "numbness" really did freak me out and it is still happening.

Hi Everyone,

I am still getting afternoon/evening anxiety and this is a new symptom for me. I fear it is due to my xanax use, which has been daily for now about a month. I have mostly been taking it at night.

Two questions:

Does it make sense that the xanax is wearing off by the following afternoon, and this is why my anxiety is showing up then?

How much of a problem do you think I have at this point? Most nights I am using 0.25 0.5 mg but during one of my recent business trips I was taking ~1mg a day, in multiple doses.

BTW, I take my citalopram at night, 3.0 mgs.

Thank you

Hi Everyone,

I am now at 5mg Celexa, I started it Friday night. I was working my way up slowly as I was still getting WD at a lower dose. I really want to just get somewhere and be stable for a while.

Of course, I am getting some anxiety after a few days of being on 5mg. I want to stay at this dose and see if I can stabilize though.

How long should I give it a go at this does before I give up and titrate back down?

Thanks

• Administrator

If you start getting the activating symptoms again, you should reduce.

Reinstatement sometimes does not completely alleviate withdrawal symptoms. If that's what you're expecting, you may be disappointed. You may need to settle for slightly alleviating withdrawal symptoms.

Going up and down in dosage may make your nervous system destabilization worse.

Hi Everyone,

I am now at 5mg Celexa, I started it Friday night. I was working my way up slowly as I was still getting WD at a lower dose. I really want to just get somewhere and be stable for a while.

Of course, I am getting some anxiety after a few days of being on 5mg. I want to stay at this dose and see if I can stabilize though.

How long should I give it a go at this does before I give up and titrate back down?

Thanks

Kerrip I updosed almost 5 weeks ago and am just now getting a little relief. It takes so darn long. Maybe because I've been on this train for 3 years? I am very curious about your reduction in the Traz. I need to do that too. In the future of course.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

• 2 years later...
  • Administrator

Kerrip, how are you doing?