SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Iggy131313 validation is imminent

Iggy131313

• Moderator Emeritus

Iggy, i think Aberdeen's situation clearly shows that healing is possible whilst on and tapering a drug.

everyone's recovery trajectory is totally unpredictable and highly individual- i think you are very fortunate that you still have good sleep - you are having 8 hours or so of relief every day - many, many people (myself included) experience NO sleep - which of course only fuels anxiety. You may be feeling bad at the moment, but if you speed up getting off that last 2mg you may feel even worse.

Started in 2000 - On 150mg most of the time, (but up to 225mg at highest dose for 6 months in the beginning)
Reduced off easily first time - but got depressed (not too much anxiety) 6 months later
Back on effexor for another 9 months.
Reduced off again with no immediate w/d - suddenly got depressed and anxious ++ again 3 or 4 months later.
Back on effexor - this time for 3 years
Reduced off over a month - 6 weeks later terrible anxiety - back on.
Rinse and repeat 4 more times - each time the period before the anxiety comes back got shorter and shorter
Jan - July 2012 75mg down to 37.5mg;, 8/3/12 - 35mg. 8/25/12 - 32mg. 9/11- 28mg, 10/2 - 25mg, 10/29 - 22mg, 11/19 - 19.8mg; 12/11 - 17m,
1/1- 15.5mg; 1/22 -14mg, 2/7 14.9mg, 2/18 - 17.8mg - crashed big time: back to 75mg where i sat for 2 years....

4th  March 2015 - 67.5mg;   31st March - 60mg;  24th April - 53mg; 13th May - 48mg; 26th May - 45mg;  9th June - 41mg; 1 July- 37.5mg; 20 July - 34mg; 11 August - 31mg; 1st Sept - 28mg;  1st Dec - 25.8mg;  28th Dec - 23.2mg; 23rd Jan-21.9mg; Feb 7th- 21mg; March 1st - 20.1mg, March 30th - 18mg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Iggy131313

• Altostrata

• btdt

• Skyler

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

Good point about the sleep business, if you're getting 8 hours a night that's tremendous and focus on that as a sign of how you're doing (said she whose sleep has been shot to bits by withdrawal of late). I have often thought if you can sleep well you can cope with anything pretty much.

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

Hi Iggy, ok firstly, just breathe and try to stay calm, slow breaths in and out and focus solely on the breath going in and out of your body slowly.

Now the symptoms you have are down to withdrawal --- we have all had them to some degree and at some stage, its very clear from your posts, you are adding FEAR to the symptoms you have and making them feel a lot worse than they need to be, adding FEAR will escalate symptoms and then it becomes a vicious circle.

Understandably, its a horrible process you are going through, everyone here can attest to that, but we dont want this to spiral out of control, so first thing is you need to be as calm as you can, wd will make you negative also so your negative thoughts and uncertainty and doubt will add to what your feeling.

I am surprised you talk of reinstating or switching when your brain is in chaos from the drugs you have used already ;- why would you want to destabilise yourself further by adding more meds??? there are no magic bullets in wd, there is no magic wand to make this all go away ----- TIME AND PATIENCE are your best and truest friends!! and the fact is your brain does have the ability to heal from all this, when the time is right ------ no one here can tell you when that might be, no doctor can tell you that, not even DAVID HEALY, although im not suggesting you dont do your follow up appointment with him.

All you can do is reduce your meds in the slowest way you can, you will know if you have this method right by listening to your body, it will tell you by the symptoms it produces, for the biggest majority slow taper is not symptom free -sorry to say, but i spent 56 long months - yes almost 5 yrs to get off 20mg paxil -im now 19months away from paxil and able to live a life, do i have the odd symptom ?? of course i do, nowhere near the intensity it once was ?? does it bother me anymore ?? not on your life, because i know eventually it will all go away, and i plan to write my story here at 2 yrs off in may next year.

Hope this helps you to know , that bad as it is, it really does get better when we learn to adjust and just live every day, no expectations,take one day at a time, and keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Good Luck !!!!

Began taking 30mg Seroxat on 15th Jan 1997 for grief issues. Remained at that dosage until Dec 05, did doctor ct, akathesia set in along with being non functional and overly emotional, brain fog. Doctor prescribed prozac, propranelol and diazeapam to counteract side effects, and told me to ct those 3 after 2.5/3 months use, induced wd seizure on 2nd day after ct. Was reinstated on seroxat 20mg in april 06, remained at that dose until Nov 07 and began a very slow taper lasting 56 months, finally DRUG FREE on 11th may 2011.

Looking for you this morning Iggy. Hope we both have a better day. Hopefully our patience will pay off.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Caroline.. Wishes for peace, joy and health this holiday season. I hope this finds you well enough to have quality time with your son. Posted Image

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked in to update my progress, I have comprimised and am dropping by 0.25 every month, that is HALF what Dr Healy said but not the 10% rule, I think thats a good compromise, so now I am on 1.75mg after 4 weeks on 2mg, no impact on sleep or anything, no worstening of symptoms, everything seems pretty much exactly the same...

what I seem to be dealing with now is more of an inner restlessness and feeling that something is wrong rather than that really strong chemical anxiety, its very uncomfortable as I so want my inner peace to come back to me, maybe one day it will.

I continue to be as physically and mentally active as I can, going to the shops, cooking etc, seeing family around christmas, it hasnt always worked and I have gone screaming (not literally) from a christmas party at 7pm because I felt so damn agitated but I had stuck it out for 5 hours.

I have been to the mall shopping, and into the city centre.

One improvement I have had is the fact that Im starting to feel sleepy at night, this is new, although I could usually sleep for a good 9-12 hours per night, it was always unpredictable when that would be, whether it would be 11pm - 9am or 5am - 1pm.

I have the flu at the moment (proper flu, my hubby has it) so that has been unhelpful and brough out a few of my other symptoms like the waves of dread but they passed when the worst of the flu did, thank God.

So on the whole things are very bad, but very bad is better than purest hell.

damaged by citalopram - severe suffering for 3 years now...no improvement

akathsiia, pgad, dp/dr, terror, and so SO many more daily

severly disabled and lost everything

• Moderator Emeritus

Wow that is a very positive update (even if on the whole things are still very bad), you sound so much more together, calmer and like you have a plan, and you've been getting out and doing things (even if you have to force yourself), you know what, if I had to endure a Christmas party for 5 solid hours I would be running out screaming as well!!

I would just say listen to your body and symptoms though and if you don't feel ready or able to make the next 0.25mg cut leave it until you do, you don't have to stick to a rigid calendar schedule. Keep focusing on the little improvements.

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Iggy, i agree with Strawberry - you do sound a lot better - sometimes it is hard to determine the difference between bad and very bad, even subtle changes aren't obvious to the person and we have to rely on feed back from others or observing our behaviour to see improvements. And, importantly, sometimes we need to do the behaviours we want to be able to do and we have to let the feelings catch up

Started in 2000 - On 150mg most of the time, (but up to 225mg at highest dose for 6 months in the beginning)
Reduced off easily first time - but got depressed (not too much anxiety) 6 months later
Back on effexor for another 9 months.
Reduced off again with no immediate w/d - suddenly got depressed and anxious ++ again 3 or 4 months later.
Back on effexor - this time for 3 years
Reduced off over a month - 6 weeks later terrible anxiety - back on.
Rinse and repeat 4 more times - each time the period before the anxiety comes back got shorter and shorter
Jan - July 2012 75mg down to 37.5mg;, 8/3/12 - 35mg. 8/25/12 - 32mg. 9/11- 28mg, 10/2 - 25mg, 10/29 - 22mg, 11/19 - 19.8mg; 12/11 - 17m,
1/1- 15.5mg; 1/22 -14mg, 2/7 14.9mg, 2/18 - 17.8mg - crashed big time: back to 75mg where i sat for 2 years....

4th  March 2015 - 67.5mg;   31st March - 60mg;  24th April - 53mg; 13th May - 48mg; 26th May - 45mg;  9th June - 41mg; 1 July- 37.5mg; 20 July - 34mg; 11 August - 31mg; 1st Sept - 28mg;  1st Dec - 25.8mg;  28th Dec - 23.2mg; 23rd Jan-21.9mg; Feb 7th- 21mg; March 1st - 20.1mg, March 30th - 18mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Peggy, sometimes you have to "fake it to make it" in other words.

Iggy my next reduction will be .25 also..Once I stabilize, I hope this works for you, the smaller dose seems to be as problematic as the larger doses

Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.

Iggy my next reduction will be .25 also..Once I stabilize, I hope this works for you, the smaller dose seems to be as problematic as the larger doses

Sorry I probably posted in the wrong place.I'm so confused this morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Alto, how many of the people who were banned from PP have gone on to recpvery? are you still in touch with them? Darlene? MizzT? and many many others?

• Administrator

I don't know, Iggy. If you know how to contact those people, please ask them.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I have no way of contacting them, as they are banned, I was wondering if they had kept in touch with you thats all.

Healing vibes to all. xx

Iggy has the WD at these lower doses been any less intense? Have you noticed any benefits at all? Less pain, better sleep, less anxiety . I dread another taper.

Flower, its very difficult to tell, Im sorry, but my situation really is differnent to yours as I had such a horridic kindling/adverse reaction when trying to reinstate after going into (what I know now was...) withdrawal after my CT stop in Feb.

My sleep is ok, thats all I have to say on the positive, do I wish I would die every second of every day? yes, and thats all that matters really, I just hope and pray that recovery really is possible.

You are different and Im sure that as you slowly decrease things will get easier for you, hang on in there. xx

I can't imagine what you are going through Iggy Because it's so hard for me too. I feel like sh#@ today.

Iggy I sent you a Private Message.....

In reading back I think what Alto said is true. It's not the small amount of Citalopram, it is more likely the fast taper.

So glad you are sleeping at night. Means alot. What makes you have the "I want to die thoughts all day?" Is it anxiety?

If you are able to go to sleep, can you listen to meditation tapes prior to sleeping. It may help. There are alot out there on healing.

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

ok, I need a little help from the experts here, I am on the citalopram liquid, now, it says on the packet 1 drop = 2mg, but then says underneath that 4 drops is equal in thereputic dose to 10mg, so I dont know if 1 drop is 2, or 2.5mg?

I took it and asked Dr Healy, he said ''goodquestion, but it doesnt really matter''

Of course it DOES matter in relation to my taper, if 1 drop is 2mg then the cuts I am making are much smaller than I thought which is a good thing I supose, also it would mean that a) I will be going down to a much smaller amount before I step off and B) I am now on 1mg and not 1.5mg.

Can anyone with a better working brain than me make sense of this? I am very confused about it and it would be REALLY helpful to me if I understood what dose I am actualy on!!

Thanks so much guys. xx

I *think* I am right in my calculations here...IF its 2.5mg or 2mg, please correct me if I have this wrong,

1.5 (on now).......................1 (on now)

I was/am making cuts of 0.25mg using a syringe and titrated citalopram liquid, now if I make the same amount of cuts basing the amount of citalopram being 2mg instead of 2.5 then the above is the amount I would be tapering by....but again I dont know what Im on, Im soooooo confused.

here is a page about the liquid, again it explains that 1 drop is 2mg but then goes onto say further down that 4 drops is thereputic equiv to 10mg tablet, aggghhhh, its driving me insane!!

sorry, me again, it explains it here, Alto, do you understand what this means?

Citalopram Oral Drops, Solution have approximately 25% higher bioavailability compared to tablets. Consequently doses of tablets correspond to doses of drops as follows:

Tablets/dose Equivalent..............Solution

10mg.................................8mg (4 drops)

20mg.................................16mg (8 drops)

30mg..................................24mg (12 drops)

40mg..................................32mg (16 drops)

so this bioavailability, what the hell does that mean in terms of the dose I am on now? does it make a difference once you get out of the ''thereputic'' range and then correspond more with the amount of citalopram contained eg - 2mg per drop?

any ideas?

I'm confused also. Drops? I have 1ml syringe that equals 2mgs of Celexa. I have a 10mg solution. 5 full syringes equals 10mgs. Do you have a dropper of sorts?

The liquid I have has a dropper at the top and comes out 1 drop at a time, so I put 1 drop of liquid in 5 mls of water, mix it up and take my dose out of that, first I took 4ml, then 3.5ml and now Im having 3ml of the solution I make up...

is the liquid your on the same as the link I posted/?

• Administrator

1 drop = 2mg

That's the relevant information.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

oooh! thats good, so if thats the case then I am on 1mg now and going to split this 1mg into 6 more tapers over months, thats better Akto isnt it?

this will be my taper from the 1mg

...1 (on now)

even you cant complain at that eh Alto? better? and see im not going to speed it up or anything

especially as most people would jump off at 1mg

• Administrator

If 1 drop = 2mg, you are mixing 2mg in 5mL of water.

In your mixture, there is 1mg citalopram in 2.5mL of liquid. 1mL contains .4mg citalopram. (Didn't I do this math before for you??) If you are taking 3mL, you are taking 1.2mg citalopram.

Divide into 6? I have no idea what you mean. Sounds like you're doing it your way. In that case, you don't need my opinion.

awe, dont be mean Alto, I was dividing it that way because DR Healy told me to decrease by 0.5 every month and so it seemed sensible to do 5ml water for what I thought was 2.5mg citalopram.

but yes your right, img per 2.5ml water. so now Im on 3 it must be 1.2mg, and no, we havent discussed this bit before, I know you gave me the 10% numbers but Alto, it would be impossible for it to be accurate to make such small drops using this 1 drop of citalopram, and I cannot afford scales, I havent paid the rent for months and have baliffs at the door.

please be gentle with me :)

so it looks like Im dropping by 0.20 each time, so it would be

(1.2MG)

(1MG)

(0.8mg)

(0.6)

(0.4)

(0.2)

thats not too bad is it?

• Administrator

To get a more accurate measurement, measure the citalopram with a 1mL or .5mL oral syringe. Ask your pharmacist what the equivalent of one drop is in milliliters.

Iggy, you know perfectly well that the tapering method you're using is not the method I would recommend. I have no idea if you will run into problems with .2mg decreases per step. Please stop asking me (over and over and over) what I think of it. I already told you.

The repetition is trying my patience.

gee I sure hope thats neuro anger Alto, lol

poor me, I feel TOTALLY hated. ok, Ill go

• Moderator Emeritus

You're trying my patience just reading your posts, and if you think getting people angry with you is a nifty way to get attention, consider that you may be wrong.

We're not here to play games or answer the same questions over and over and over. There are plenty of people on this forum who are taking tapering and withdrawal seriously and who are geniuinely in need of our time and help. If you can't even be bothered to read previous posts where you've already gotten an answer to a question you're asking for the fourth or fifth time, you're not making any attempt to help yourself.

Don't be surprised if you receive a warning in the near future. Four warnings and you're off the forum.

Neuro-anger LOL, yourself.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

wow, you are being really mean here guys, all I was saying is that I have slowed the taper down even more, and now Im being warned that I may get banned? Im not trying to be horrible or get on anyones nerves, and its so upsetting when you guys are jumping on me and being mean.

I apologise if I have said or done anything offensive, gosh, Ima desperate person looking for people who understand and trying to get through each hellish day and stay alive, Ive never been horrible or nasty to ANYONE here, so why are people being so nasty to me?

ALL I was saying is that its good news that the dose is lower than I thought (after Alto kindly clarified that point for me as I was very confused) and now Im crying my eyes out because your being so mean.

Im not looking for attention, trust me I wish this wasnt happening to me, I thought this site was meant to be more supportive than PP, thats why I came here.

Your being really harsh with me, REALLY harsh and its not fair, just becaue Im out of control desperate, way to kick someone when their at their lowest point, Jemimma, your post was unessesarily harsh, I even tried to joke odd Altos post which had me in tears for an hour or more, why are you being so mean to me? I feel so alone now. your mean and its not the best way to treat someone who is already suicidal.

I apologise, Im sorry, I dont know what to say, Im shocked, and I dont know why you Jemmima had to jump on and give me a kicking like that, whats to be gained? ok Ive been warned, a warning for asking the same question, even though I didnt think I was, so cruel, so very very cruel.