Healthy diets?

bubbles

A new Australian study will look at diet (Mediterranean diet, and red meat) with regard to depression and anxiety. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-11/study-investigates-diet-treatment-for-depression/4365270

This seems to be the other information they referred to, with regard to red meat: http://www.deakin.edu.au/research/stories/2012/03/20/women-should-eat-red-meat

It mentions that too much red meat (which they seem to define as lamb and beef) is not good either; also that red meat in Australia is particularly healthy as it is mostly grass fed.

I thought it was interesting (and it will be interesting to see results when they're in), but obviously only one part of the whole puzzle.

Best wishes

B

2005 St John's Wort / 2006-2012 Lexapro 20mg, 2 failed attempts to stop, tapered over 4.5 months in early 2012

January 2013 started Sertraline, over time worked up to 100mg

July 2014 Sertraline dropped from 100mg to 75mg, held for six months, slower tapering until 2019 22 Dec 3.2mg

2020 Sertraline 19 Jan 3.1mg, 26 Jan 3.0mg; 1 Mar 2.9, 7 Mar 2.8, May (some drops here) 24 May 2.5, May 29 2.4, June 21 2.3, June 28 2.2mg,  July 4 2.1mg, July 24 (or maybe a bit before) 2mg, early Nov switched to home made suspension; 29 Nov 1.8mg; approx 25 Dec 1.6mg)

2021 Some time in about Jan/Feb realised probably on more like 1.8mg and poss mixing error in making suspension; doses after 10 Feb accurate; 10 Feb 1.6mg; 7 Mar 1.4, continued monthly

10% drops until 1mg, then dropped 0.1mg monthly.

May 2022,0.1mg, now dropping 0.01mg per week

29 August 2022 - first day of zero!

My thread here at SA: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1775-bubbles/page/21/

Current: Armour Thyroid

I know for me, that sugar is not good at all for depression/anxiety. I never thought about red meat having anything to do with it.

I don't eat much red meat...but I know that I crave it occasionally. I have tried vegan/macrobiotic diets, but I do crave the protein of meat, chicken, fish.

I bet the red meat in Australia is very good. For me, Sugar is the biggest culprit and my biggest addiction.

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Moderator Emeritus

I bet the red meat in Australia is very good. For me, Sugar is the biggest culprit and my biggest addiction.

Hi Nikki.... you need to go low carb and suck it up for the first month or so. Carb craving goes away... ADs or not, but this will not happen as long as you tweak your system. When I cheat now, and go to what in the US is a more normal level of carbs, the craving lights up... do you cook mainly for yourself, do you often eat meals with others.. if the latter, can you make low carb meal for them as well. Low carb is not anything exotic, just lost of fruits and veggies. I'm keeping to 4 non processed whole grain servings of carbs a day, and life is better.... The non stop temptations slip into the background.

Sigh... my biggest weak points.. going to seminars and eating out, as well as the here and there coffee munchies.. like croissants. Big time trouble.. working on that one.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Coincidentally, I was just reading this:

http://chriskresser.com/the-afternoon-sugar-crash-green-smoothies-and-liver-detoxification

I tend to have sugar cravings in the afternoon. Although it's also the time I seem to be able to handle having something sweet (in the morning it's a recipe for disaster).

'94-'08 On/off ADs. Mostly Zoloft & Wellbutrin, but also Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc.
6/08 quit Z & W after tapering, awful anxiety 3 mos. later, reinstated.
11/10 CTed. Severe anxiety 3 mos. later & @ 8 mos. much worse (set off by metronidazole). Anxiety, depression, anhedonia, DP, DR, dizziness, severe insomnia, high serum AM cortisol, flu-like feelings, muscle discomfort.
9/11-9/12 Waves and windows of recovery.
10/12 Awful relapse, DP/DR. Hydrocortisone?
11/12 Improved fairly quickly even though relapse was one of worst waves ever.

1/13 Best I've ever felt.

3/13 A bit of a relapse... then faster and shorter waves and windows.

4/14 Have to watch out for triggers, but feel completely normal about 80% of the time.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy