Save our babies

CherylPrax

If you think it is wrong to drug and electroshock pregnant women and new mums then you may want to join our protest on Thursday 29th November from 8.30am to 10.30am and also 3.20pm to 5.20pm at the Hallam Conference Centre, 44 Hallam Street, London, W1W 6JJ, UK.

Speak Out Against Psychiatry is staging a protest, called Save the Babies: Occupy the Royal College of Psychiatrists on November 29th to protest their programme promoting the psychiatric drugging and electroshocking of pregnant women and new mothers.

Program here http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/pdf/NEW%20Peri%202012%20Programme.pdf

I hope you will come and help get as many other people there as possible. I will appreciate it if you go to our facebook page and see the event Save the Babies: Occupy the Royal College of Psychiatrists and say you are coming if you can, or ‘maybe’ if you can't, and help get people there.

Thanks for your support.

Good lord! This must be exceedingly rare, no? Or the UK is completely batshti insane. Forced electro-shock? Do we do that here? To pregnant woman??

I'm shocked by this.

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

If you think it is wrong to drug and electroshock pregnant women ....

I'm also shocked at the casual nature of the poster, Cheryl.

"Do you think it's wrong..." followed by a crazy proposition that 90+% of people would think is wrong.

Do you think it's wrong to skin left-handed 5 year olds and string them upside down from trees,...

In the US one can openly talk about an impulse to go kill a bunch of strangers in a Batman movie or shoot a bunch of strangers from a university tower and no-one will impede you until after the fact.

Cheryl,

How many pregnant woman are electro-shocked against their will each month in the UK?

Alex

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

• Administrator

The RCP conference program contains the following:

An update on the use of psychotropic medication and ECT in the perinatal period

Chair: Dr Liz McDonald

ECT in pregnancy and the postpartum period

Dr Ann Roberts, Consultant in Perinatal Psychiatry, Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Clinical and ethical issues in managing perinatal women with schizophrenia as mothers

Chairs: Dr Lucinda Green, Consultant in Perinatal Psychiatry, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, and Dr Paola Dazzan, Honorary Consultant in Perinatal Psychiatry, Perinatal Service, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, and Department of Psychosis Studies, Institute of Psychiatry, London

I should hope there would be ethical issues!

By the way, see Oyebode, 2012 Psychotropics in pregnancy: safety and other considerations. http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2995-oyebode-2012-psychotropics-in-pregnancy-safety-and-other-considerations/

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.