flower switched to liquid celexa

flower

I'm new here but see so many like me.I've detoxed off ativan,tramodol and vicodin but this celexa is worse by far.I rushed it too many times I guess.Any advice would be appreciated.3 days ago I got the liquid.I'm now at 6.5 milligrams for 3 days.I hope this amount is close to the pills I was cutting into pieces.I dropped 10 mgs in 5 weeks and got into alot of misery.After 19 days I decided on becoming stable at this dose.I'll try to stick it out no matter what.Is pain something that comes with this tapering process?My nerves are so on edge.At one point I got hives so bad I went to the ER.vistiril helped alot.I'm avoiding the benzos for the anxiety.I hope I can navigate here and get to know people who can identify with me..Using this dose syringe is a little tricky.I didn't get a "bung"I can't seem to get the bubbles out of the syringe.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm new here but see so many like me.I've detoxed off ativan,tramodol and vicodin but this celexa is worse by far.I rushed it too many times I guess.Any advice would be appreciated.3 days ago I got the liquid.I'm now at 6.5 milligrams for 3 days.I hope this amount is close to the pills I was cutting into pieces.I dropped 10 mgs in 5 weeks and got into alot of misery.After 19 days I decided on becoming stable at this dose.I'll try to stick it out no matter what.Is pain something that comes with this tapering process?My nerves are so on edge.At one point I got hives so bad I went to the ER.vistiril helped alot.I'm avoiding the benzos for the anxiety.I hope I can navigate here and get to know people who can identify with me..Using this dose syringe is a little tricky.I didn't get a "bung"I can't seem to get the bubbles out of the syringe.

HI Flower... and welcome to the forum.

You have done a lot of work to detox off ativan tramadol and vidodin. How long ago did you taper off ativan? Did you have withdrawal symptoms at the time, were you still having the symptoms when you began to taper celexa. Our systems get progressively sensitized as we come off psychotropic medication, so it's not a surprise celexa is giving you a tough to.

Given you had to taper off Ativan in the past it is best you avoid reinstating, or even taking random doses for now.

We generally advise tapering no more than 10% a month off each successive dose, and even going slower for some. You have been on 6.5 mgs of liquid for 3 days and think that is close to the same dose you were taking on the pills... before that you were on 10 mgs for 5 weeks? Do you feel different since switching to the liquid, did the symptoms you had improve at all during the 5 weeks on 10 mgs? What was your dose of Celexa before you started to taper and when did you start tapering off the original dose?

Someone will be along to move your post to the Intro section where you will get more traffic. Posted Image

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Flower,

welcome to the forum.

You'll find lots of great advice here.

I wish you all the best:)

July 2001 prescribed 20mg citalopram for depression;
On and off meds from 2003-2006.
February 2006 back on 20mg citalopram and stayed on it until my last attempt at tapering in September 2011.
By far the worst withdrawal symptoms ever. Reinstated to 20mg citalopram
October 2012 - found this forum!
Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 did 10% taper, got doen to 11mg - was going great until stressful situation. Cortisol levels hit the roof, hideous insomnia forced me to updose to 20mg.
March 2016 - close to 100% back to normal!

****** I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience or reading and is only my perspective ******

• Administrator

Hello, flower, welcome. I moved your topic here as your Intro topic. You can put updates of your progress here, like a journal, and document your progress.

I suggest you stabilize at this dosage for a few weeks at least. If you've been having a rocky time of it, your nervous system needs the rest.

A "bung" is the little cap that fits over the hole in the cap. Usually, you fit your oral syringe into this cap, turn the bottle upside down, and carefully draw from the bottle by pulling back your oral syringe. (If you didn't get this kind of cap, ask your pharmacist for one that fits your bottle, or a empty plastic bottle with this kind of cap you can fill from the larger bottle.)

You can get the bubbles out by pumping the syringe a few times. This pushes the bubbles back up in the bottle, where they float up and away from where you're drawing the liquid.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

HI Flower... and welcome to the forum.

You have done a lot of work to detox off ativan tramadol and vidodin. How long ago did you taper off ativan? Did you have withdrawal symptoms at the time, were you still having the symptoms when you began to taper celexa. Our systems get progressively sensitized as we come off psychotropic medication, so it's not a surprise celexa is giving you a tough to.

Given you had to taper off Ativan in the past it is best you avoid reinstating, or even taking random doses for now.

We generally advise tapering no more than 10% a month off each successive dose, and even going slower for some. You have been on 6.5 mgs of liquid for 3 days and think that is close to the same dose you were taking on the pills... before that you were on 10 mgs for 5 weeks? Do you feel different since switching to the liquid, did the symptoms you had improve at all during the 5 weeks on 10 mgs? What was your dose of Celexa before you started to taper and when did you start tapering off the original dose?

Someone will be along to move your post to the Intro section where you will get more traffic. Posted Image

Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.

I'm not sure how to reply but here goes.I've been in contact with the folks who put out the book The road back.

They told me I would have a rough go of tapering the celexa because gabapentin would withdraw during the taper?

I take 300mgs of gabapentin 2xs a day.I detoxed from ativan in 10 days at a hospital here in Pa.

That was a year ago and I will never go back.The vicodin was at the same time. I got so sick I guess I didn't notice.

I see magnesiun soaks are a good thing but I don't know if the gabapentin would agree with that...

Yesterday I had those brain zaps! That's a first so the fish oil does help that.

I'm so pleased to be here where someone understands how hard this is.I damaged my feet doing some kick boxing about 2 years ago. I've been on gabapentin since. I don't know if it helps or not, I am still uncomfortable.

I also take trazadone to sleep.I've gotten that to 75 mgs. Looking back I've come along way. I hope my brain will adjust to this pain. Am beginning some yoga in the AM.

And by the way I noticed a difference right away taking the liquid celexa. I felt much better. Either I got the dose right or maybe the fillers in the pill had an effect on me?

Only been 3 days so the future will tell.Am holding at 6.5 mgs for a while. Through Christmas I hope. And thanks again for the responses..Noone understands unless you've been through it...

Edited by Altostrata
added line breaks for readibility

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm not sure how to reply but here goes. I've been in contact with the folks who put out the book The road back. The ytold me I would have a rough go of tapering the celexa because gabapentin would withdraw during the taper? I take 300mgs of gabapentin 2xs a day. I detoxed from ativan in 10 days at a hospital here in Pa. That was a year ago and I will never go back.

Yesterday I had those brain zaps! That's a firstso the fish oil does help that. I'm so pleased to be here where someone understands how hard this is.I damaged my feet doing some kick boxing about 2years ago.I've been on gabapentin since. I don't know if it helps or not,I am still uncomfortable. I also take trazadone to sleep. I've gotten that to 75mgs. Looking back I've come along way. I hope my brain will adjust to this pain. Am beginning some yoga in the AM. And by the way I noticed a difference right away taking the liquid celexa. I felt much better. Either I got the dose right or maybe the fillers in the pill had an effect on me? Only been 3 days so the future will tell. Am holding at 6.5 mgs for a while. Through Christmas I hope

The folks from The Road Back are there to sell expensive supplements, etc., which do little to help withdrawal symptoms. Gabapentin should not complicate your Celexa taper as long as you do not taper that drug at the same time. As you don't know if it's helping, you would be best to evaluate whether you want to remain on gabapentin, but not until you have finished tapering other drugs. Fish oil is very good.

The brutal Ativan detox has sensitized yoursystem and you will need to taper off Celexa very cautiously. Holding through Christmas is an excellent plan. What dose of Celexa were you on before you started to taper, and how long ago did you begin?

Would you use spacing between sentences and paragraph breaks.. they make posts easier to read. And when you get a chance, put your withdrawal history (including the gabapentin and ativan) in your sig line so the info is readily available when we respond. You can find directions here. This will help us helpyou! Thanks.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Administrator

They told me I would have a rough go of tapering the celexa because gabapentin would withdraw during the taper?

flower, what did they mean by that?

You may want to read this topic http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2207-taking-multiple-psych-drugs-taper-the-antidepressant-first/

Good to hear you're feeling better since you're taking 6.5mg liquid Celexa. If I were you, I'd hold at that dosage for at least a month and give your nervous system a chance to settle down from all the changes.

Has your sleep been affected by the reduction in trazodone? (See this topic about tapering trazodone http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2883-tips-for-tapering-off-trazodone-desyrel/ )

You're not supposed to take an antacid with gabapentin http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/mag-ox-with-neurontin-1516-921-1147-677.html , I think because they coat your stomach and prevent absorption of the drug. Epsom salts (magnesium) baths shouldn't cause this interference. Plus, they may make your feet feel better.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Moderator Emeritus

I agree with Shuyler, Flower.

The road back are only interested in selling you supplements. I tried to get some advice from them a while back when I was really struggling. I sent them a long email and I got two lines in return:

'We can't tell you what to do. Follow your bliss.'

Whatever that means. I suspect it meant 'buy our supplements and get lost.'

July 2001 prescribed 20mg citalopram for depression;
On and off meds from 2003-2006.
February 2006 back on 20mg citalopram and stayed on it until my last attempt at tapering in September 2011.
By far the worst withdrawal symptoms ever. Reinstated to 20mg citalopram
October 2012 - found this forum!
Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 did 10% taper, got doen to 11mg - was going great until stressful situation. Cortisol levels hit the roof, hideous insomnia forced me to updose to 20mg.
March 2016 - close to 100% back to normal!

****** I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience or reading and is only my perspective ******

This is the 5th day of the liquid celxa at 6.5 mgs.Last night my hand began to hurt similar to carpal tunnel?This has happened before.Could this be just more withdrawal or side effects?I know I haven't given this dose time so I hope that's all it is.I didn't sleep well but I haven't taken vistiril in @3 or 4 days.Maybe will take some this day to help this pain and anxiety as I won't take a benzo.Seems I'm on the edge of being anxious which is better than having a panic attack..That in itself is an improvement.I hope the updose is enough to cover the large decrease I had made in the celexa.I'm assuming it will take a week or 2 to see?I got a korc for the celexa bottle yesterday.Maybe it'll make using the syringe easier as the liquid gets low or else I'll have to pour it into something else.The 1 ml syringe is great for small doses and being accurate.I have a large parrot and he asks me if I'm alright....Seems he's heard that alot.10 minutes of yoga helps and I really believe the fish oil helped also.I'd quit taking it as all the head stuff cleared.I noticed a difference in a day.Has anyone else noticed it helping?I hope I posted correctly..Is it possible for this tapering to bring on pain?Could someone tell me how to switch to prozac so I could mention it to my Doc.She's not heard of this.

• Administrator

Hi, flower. In the Intro forum, please add to your existing topic. There's only one Intro topic to a customer.

I don't know about the hand pain. It could be withdrawal hypersensitivity.

Give the reinstatement of the Celexa a chance. If you can stabilize and taper off Celexa, this is better than switching to Prozac, which may not work any better and might be worse.

It's a good sign your symptoms have lessened. You may find you need to take a bit more Celexa.

Yes, fish oil has helped many of us. Keep taking it, 4-6 capsules a day.

So many sensations after taking the liquid celexa. In my head mostly. Some anxiety and confusion. The pain in my hand is alot less. I'm hoping to not have to take more celexa to calm down.It's been 6 days since I started the liquid. Wouldn't I know by now? Did I post correctly?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Flower,

Your parrot sounds nice. I have an Amazon Blue Front parrot. He can be naughty or nice, depends on his mood, I suppose.

You really have come a long way. I hope you do very well with the remaining tapers.

Tezza

• Moderator Emeritus

Did I post correctly?

Yes you did. This is YOUR very own "thread" . I use mine as a journal OF SORTS... read it if you want to see what I mean.

At first I wasn't thrilled about the way the forum was set up like this but now I understand it is actually very smart and helpful. YOU and anyone else who wants/ feels they might be able to give you constructive advice ( or are new and think their situation is similar to yours ) can read through your history of experiences/ advice that was given, it's results etc etc. and that may help someone else.

For example, let's say someone stumbled across SurvivingAntidepressants with a google search and need help. If they need help with celexa they will likely look through your thread. If they are struggling with Lexapro... they could look through mine. That way people can find some sort of help/ information rather quickly... slick.

I'm sorry that you are struggling right now. I am working through my own taper of xanax and have been blown away with how difficult it can be. You are not alone!

I like reading through the self help topic and am personally drawn to the very simple & more natural strategies to relieve the symptoms. Things like epsom salt baths, quieting music, breathing techniques.

For me these things work best when I am NOT in a panic and then they become a habit and when things get tough, my bag of tricks is already well honed and I can count on them to get me through..... not panic free, not pain free, not EASILY , but at least it makes me feel a little more in control of the symptoms rather than the symptoms controlling me.

Does that make sense?

I hope you are feeling better soon. Just don't change anything too quickly , try to relax ( maybe use some of the strategies above) and see if they help.

Fall 1995 xanax, zoloft. switched to Serzone

1996- spring 2003serzone/ xanax/ lightbox.

b]Fall 2003- Fall 2004? Lexapro 10 mg. Light box /4 mg. xanax.[/b]

2004 - Fall of 2009 10 mg Lex, 150 mg Wellbutrin XL % 4 mg xanax

November 2009- Sept. 2011 10 mg lex., 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax [/b

Sept.2012- July 2012 20 mg Lex 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax

My mantra " go slow & with the flow "

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

• Administrator

Excellent explanation, areyouthere. Glad it finally made sense to you.

I've spent a lot of time on other forums and seen how people's stories get spread all over the site and because of the inconsistencies, they get confusing advice from other members.

Yes, this site is set up for searching and reference, too.

flower, give the Celexa more time. It's a very good sign it's helping you at this level. It takes about 4 days to get into "steady state"; you've only just passed this mark.

I still haven't leveled out on the 6.5 mg of Celexa.It has been 9 days. I can handle most of it but the anxiety is terrible. Could the trazadone at night be a problem or is this Celexa WD that wicked. I see that the lower the dose gets new problems arise? This is a long way from 20mgs. I really messed up dropping from 15mgs to 5 in less than 2 months. I hope the little extra is going to work. This sucks.

• Administrator

flower, what is your daily symptom pattern? This is very important.

At what time do you take your medications? The trazodone might be adding to your problems.

Yes, you may want to increase the Celexa dosage. I would try 1mg more and see if it helps.

I take Celexa in the morning. Usually my problems escalate after that. The gabapentin in the evening relaxes me so I doubt the one in the morning is a problem. This Celexa is so activating any more. I will take into consideration the 1mg. I've worked so hard to get where I'm at. Trazadone seems to do the job. It puts me right to sleep. I have started to take the gabapentin a little earlier in the evening @9:00. I then take trazadone @ 10:00. I use to take them together. Do you think separating the two would pose a problem? I seem to have been withdrawing from Celexa since I started taking it. The dose was changed several times though as I tried to taper. Is this usual for the AD to be so activating in a smaller dose? I want to thank you again for the advice.

I decided to try just a half mg extra of the Celexa last afternoon to see if it would help. I had that bizzare pain in my hands again and I've been up most all night. Getting itchy also. I seem to get hives alot. When I take vistiril they'll go away for a few days. Guess I'll go sit in the dark and rock. That's one thing that calms me. Now I'm leary to take 1 mg extra. Am I suppose to shake liquid Celexa before using it?

WDs are wicked this morning. I have a stinging sensation on my face. I'm thinking switching to a liquid is not going to be so easy? Maybe going back a whole mg is the answer? I'd like to drop this pill altogether.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'd like to drop this pill altogether.

I TOTALLY understand this flower. I feel this way because my taper is going relatively well but it is so damn slow and so damn convenient and so damn unfair not to mention the cost of this crap over my lifetime I just want to chuck it all down the toilet .

But PLEASE don't do it. I think that you know down deep this is the right thing to do. Give your body time to adjust.... you just strted the liquid, right? When I switched to liquid I had terrible symptoms AT FIRST then it got better. Listen to your intuition that is NOT telling you to "drop this pill all together". ...

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

Thank you so much for the advice.I decided not to take the extra.5 mg that I took yesterday.I've cried all morning,I haven't done that in a while...I'll wait this out a little longer.It's been 10 days since I started the liquid.Did you have the same issues..The anxiety becoming a little worse after a week?The insomnia..Tingling and burning sensations?

• Moderator Emeritus

I decided not to take the extra.5 mg that I took yesterday.

I decided to try just a half mg extra of the Celexa last afternoon to see if it would help.

I can't advise you on what dosage to take. But I can tell you that yes, I have noticeable symptoms with a small change in dosage and/ or even a small change in the time of dosage and this has been true for both tapering a benzo and an AD and I ( unfortunately) am on a high dosage of each!

For me ( so far) it has taken up to two weeks of taking exactly the same dose at exactly the same time before WD symptoms completely disappear. But that is just me.

I am in week two of the above and it is not fun for sure.

I wish I could tell you what to do but I can't because I am very, very new at this myself. All that I can do is share my experiences and encourage you to 1) Especially listen to any of the moderators on this forum ( I believe they have "staff" next to their name) & 2) Try not to experiment with your doses on your own.

It is the long Holiday weekend, Flower. Responses have been a bit slower than usual .... just hang on and try not to get too discouraged.

Can you go out for a walk or take a nice bath and run an errand or something? I'm going uptown for a bit.... sometimes for me just a break in routine can help elevate my mood.

Yes I struggle with insomnia after a cut. I have given up using the computer in bed, I drink only one cup of coffee early in the morning/ decaf tea the rest of the day, I do everything I can to keep myself awake from 5 pm to 9pm ( I get drowsy then) , if I nap on the weekends it is only in the morning and for no more than an hour.

I have tremors in my hands at the beginning of each cut, that goes away quickly now but if I dose even a half an hour off my dosing schedule ( like on the weekend I still have to set the alarm to wake up grrrr) they will come back and it takes days to get rid of them again.

I hope that at least some of this helps you through another day. Someone will be by to answer your questions about the liquid and the symptoms you are starting to experience.. :) Hang in there Flower!!! You can do this!!! Many, many have!

WE WILL TOO!!!!! :D

• Administrator

flower, definitely do not increase Celexa! Keep that steady.

My suspicion is your morning symptoms are from a Celexa-trazodone interaction.

How much trazodone are you taking now? How did you reduce it before?

I reduced trazadone a year ago 25 mgs. It was a nightmare. I know I've hurt myself reducing Celexa 10mgs in 2 months. I can deal with the sweating,nightmares,confusion and all the other head stuff but the anxiety cripples me. I took the .5mgs of Celexa yesterday. I didn't get your message until late. I also took 75mgs of vistiril and slept for 10 hours. The anxiety is a little less but when I take that Celexa I'll be off to the moon. Should I stop the extra Celexa after 2 doses? I reduced 2.5mgs twice and didn't have this much trouble. I get itchy and get hives, I had shingles with this last reduction also. I notice different pain with different doses. My legs ached at 12.5 mgs.then stopped at 10 mgs. Now my hands and wrists ache. I have had bizzare sensations in my feet the last 2 days with the increase of just .5mgs. I'm wondering if my feet will get better as I lower the dose? Could ADs cause nerve issues with feet? Having to adjust to pain is a process for me. My Doc said she's not met anyone like me in 18 years of practice. I'm very sensitive to this stuff. I never took a pill until 2010. Prozac was the first, then gabapentin then ativan. The nightmare began. How would I know if my feet have done any healing with all this stuff? Again should I stop the .5mgs of Celexa after 2 doses?

Sorry I posted twice. I thought I lost it. I'm confused...I couldn't delete.

vistiril can be a lifesaver if WDs aren't to bad. For sleep relax pain dizzy and nausea.. For me anyhow.

vistiril can be a lifesaver if WDs aren't to bad. For sleep relax pain dizzy and nausea.. For me anyhow.

I'm beginning to realize I've been in WD for a long time. I need to stay put on a fixed dose for a few months. But what dose?

I don't mean to butt in but I've changed to liquid Celexa and am having a whole new host of symtoms. I'm dizzy cannot sleep and have increased anxiety. I'm wondering if switching to liquid will take a while to get use to.

Took liquid Celexa 6.5 mgs. Not feeling well again. Could someone tell me more about adjusting to liquid ADs. The pill did not mess with me like this. I just couldn't judge the pieces or find a scale to weigh the small amounts. Do I need to stick with it. 11 days on liquid...WD sucks.

I'm sitting here sobbing.I can hardly send this.Why does this stuff do this to me? It's been an hour and a half since taking the Celexa.This is why I'm afraid to take more.Is this WD from the taper 27 days ago? Or switching to the liquid..Please help. I've driven myself to the hospital for help more than once when I get like this.I know that's not the answer. they'll keep me and give me more meds.I'll take a shower and maybe get some vistiril.This is the only place I have for advice.

I reached for the .5mg of Celexa instead of the vistiril.Seems to help a little.Is it possible I need to back up a little more? Alto I know you said not to take it but I don't know if I can tolerate this anxiety. NO more benzos for me...No matter what.

I'm sorry for the ranting again.The .5 mgs made a big difference for right now. No more sobbing feeling a little warm and relaxing a .Alto if you see this would you suggest going to 7.5mgs and holding there.Maybe the pieces of the pill I was cutting up were larger that I thought.My Doc suggested 7.5mgs but I thought I could do 6.5. 3 days at 7mgs today.

Feeling a little better after the .5 mgs extra this morning.

• Moderator Emeritus

Feeling a little better after the .5 mgs extra this morning.

Excellent flower.. that is VERY good to hear. ~S

• Administrator

That is good to hear, flower. It takes a few days for a dosage increase to get to a steady blood level.

Let's see how you do at this level of Celexa for a week.

Please keep track of your symptom pattern.