flower switched to liquid celexa

flower

Oh boy what a terrible day.. The Celexa is not enough in the morning to buffer these withdrawals.. I am beside myself. Still thinking of the updose of .5mgs. I can't help it. It did have some benefit when I updosed two weeks ago to 7mgs. For about 2 weeks it helped. I get weepy for a few days but oh well. It took 4 days to help,just like Alto said it would. I'm going to end up on something else if I don't get a grip. I go to Doc next Friday. I'd like to see if I could get this under control with 10mgs and taper in the spring from there. It would be better than another SSRI.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

• Administrator

flower, as I explained before, what you think are withdrawal symptoms may be the Celexa conflicting with trazodone's metabolite mCPP.

Read this topic about reducing trazodone http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2883-tips-for-tapering-off-trazodone-desyrel/

Few doctors understand withdrawal syndrome. You may go to the doctor seeking a cure for this but they probably won't know what to do other than try other drugs on you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you Alto..I'm sure you understand my thinking. There was a time on 10 mgs of Celexa I was sleeping and able to eat. I thought the tapering to quickly was my issue. Is there a scale that will weigh these small amounts? Do you think since I am already in such WD the reduction of Trazadone will cause the Wd to be worse? I'd find it much easier to deal with the Traz. if I could stabilize. I had 2 good weeks with the last increase in Celexa. I talked with the OBGYN Doc from Magees Hospital in Pitts yesterday. Her nurse could not take Celexa WD and ended up on twice as much Prozac. I'm scared to death.. What's your opinion on the extra .5mgs for 4 days to see if any benefit before tackling the traz.? Hope I'm not sobbing later this morning as this is usually how it goes with me. I can't be a mess when I go to the Doc Friday or I will end up on something else.

Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.

I just read about Trazadone Alto now I'm really scared.

Feeling kind of sick to my stomach. Slept 5 hours. Confused and alot of skin sensations tingling. Will post more later. See how the morning goes. My Doc told me I was on the minimum amount of drugs and doing better that he's seen me in a while...Liar?

Is there a drug to replace Trazadone that's a little safer? Imiprimine?

I feel so bad about updosing .5 mgs yesterday. I can't do this! I'm a strong woman. I've given up Tramadol, vicodin, ativan but this is awful. My BP was 150 over 110 yesterday at the Doc. If I don't have a heart attack I'll be amazed. Advice from Doc Go Slow...Yeah

As everyone knows here, I am not a doctor.

flower, I believe I told you several times if taking Celexa makes you feel worse, DO NOT INCREASE IT.

I also mentioned Celexa may be conflicting with trazodone's nasty metabolite mCPP (not gabapentin). I believe it was RebelMaven who had this problem.

Increasing Celexa will increase the problem with mCPP, which can cause many uncomfortable symptoms emerging when you take Celexa in the morning.

If I were you, I might REDUCE THE TRAZODONE slightly and see if the symptoms get better. If you're taking Vistaril to get some sleep, the trazodone isn't helping there anyway.

Thanks Alto and I won't increase it. I'll ride this out.

I'm really having a hard time.I'm sorry about the updose. If it doesn't help,it won't happen again. I have to try something and I'm afraid to cut Trazadone while like this.

48 days and still withdrawing

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm really having a hard time.I'm sorry about the updose. If it doesn't help,it won't happen again. I have to try something and I'm afraid to cut Trazadone while like this.

Flower, try it for one or two nights? I think the response Alto is looking for may be pretty immediate.. it's not a drastic action. Did Alto give you any guidance on how much trazadone to cut?

Edit 7:40 AM Why are you afraid to cut trazadone, and what is the reason you are looking for another AD to take it's place?

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Flower, try it for one or two nights? I think the response Alto is looking for may be pretty immediate.. it's not a drastic action. Did Alto give you any guidance on how much trazadone to cut?

Edit 7:40 AM Why are you afraid to cut trazadone, and what is the reason you are looking for another AD to take it's place?

I guess the only reason I'm afraid is because of the WDs I'm having now. IWD from Trazadone one other time and it was rough but I made a 25mg cut. I will try to cut the trazadone a little.I have a 25mg piece. I'll try to do 1/4 of it. I'm afraid of no sleep also. I'm tired of being afraid. I know this is WDs also but right now I can't get a grip. I'm going to try to cut that pill down. I hope you're right. I don't want to double up on WDs.

okay 10% of the 75 mgs tonight...Need to get a scale.

I guess the only reason I'm afraid is because of the WDs I'm having now. IWD from Trazadone one other time and it was rough but I made a 25mg cut. I will try to cut the trazadone a little.I have a 25mg piece. I'll try to do 1/4 of it. I'm afraid of no sleep also. I'm tired of being afraid. I know this is WDs also but right now I can't get a grip. I'm going to try to cut that pill down. I hope you're right. I don't want to double up on WDs.

trying to quarter 25mgs doesn't work to well. I mashed it... Good grief! I can get the 12.5 close. I need to cut that again hmmmmm...

• Moderator Emeritus

trying to quarter 25mgs doesn't work to well. I mashed it... Good grief! I can get the 12.5 close. I need to cut that again hmmmmm...

Have you made any liquid suspensions thus far? I use one every day for Lyrica and it's a snap once you get the hang of it.

flower, can you keep this line of discussion in your intro... This is specific to your taper and trying to follow this in two different places is confusing. I find using a water suspension to be easier than a scale. Rhi has expressed similar sentiments.

I'm going to repost this in your intro thread for continuity.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Moderator Emeritus

flower, can you keep this discussion in your intro. This is specific to your taper and trying to follow this in two different places is confusing. I find using a water suspension to be easier than a scale. Rhi has expressed similar sentiments.

Flower are you WDing from both Trazadone and Celexa at the same time?

If so, why not just do Celexa, leave the Trazadone for another time, so you can maybe get some sleep and possibly alleviate WD symptoms...

Nikki

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Moderator Emeritus

Flower are you WDing from both Trazadone and Celexa at the same time?

If so, why not just do Celexa, leave the Trazadone for another time, so you can maybe get some sleep and possibly alleviate WD symptoms...Nikki

Nikki, Alto has been trying to get Flower to cut Trazadone because she is concerned the combination of Celexa and Trazadone are causing an adverse reaction. Read a few of Alto's back posts?

Have you made any liquid suspensions thus far? I use one every day for Lyrica and it's a snap once you get the hang of it.

flower, can you keep this line of discussion in your intro... This is specific to your taper and trying to follow this in two different places is confusing. I find using a water suspension to be easier than a scale. Rhi has expressed similar sentiments.

Sorry I'm confused today..I appreciate everything.

Sorry I'm confused today..I appreciate everything.I've never used water. I would like to learn I have 1 ml syringes

I actually feel like shopping this morning. Off to the Mall I go. Hope I don't freak out in front of people.

Has enough time elapsed I should not be WDing like this? Is that why Alto wants me to cut Traz? I'll take any advice on the water taper of Trazadone,maybe I could do less than 10% until I feel it out?

• Moderator Emeritus

Has enough time elapsed I should not be WDing like this? Is that why Alto wants me to cut Traz? I'll take any advice on the water taper of Trazadone,maybe I could do less than 10% until I feel it out?

Flower, I reposted Alto below. Do you understand what she means by a conflict?

As everyone knows here, I am not a doctor.

flower, I believe I told you several times if taking Celexa makes you feel worse, DO NOT INCREASE IT.

I also mentioned Celexa may be conflicting with trazodone's nasty metabolite mCPP (not gabapentin). I believe it was RebelMaven who had this problem.

Increasing Celexa will increase the problem with mCPP, which can cause many uncomfortable symptoms emerging when you take Celexa in the morning.

If I were you, I might REDUCE THE TRAZODONE slightly and see if the symptoms get better. If you're taking Vistaril to get some sleep, the trazodone isn't helping there anyway.

edit... I was posting this at the same time you did your last response above so did not see it in time. S'aright to be confused. Maybe you can get some of the unaddressed questions out and clarfied.

I have only taken Vistiril twice to get extra sleep. I don't do that often. I normally sleep 5-6 hours taking the Trazadone. And have done so over the years I've taken it. I do believe I'll get myself in a tizzy if I reduce Trazadone at this point. I spoke to the pharm. at the drug store today he is friend. They are keeping an eye on things. I spoke of this site. He was interested and mentioned having a look.I've updosed now 2 days. If this doesn't pan out I'll have to do something else. Should I have seen improvement so soon after tapering 10 mgs since Sept ? Thanks again guys. Alto, I'm trying my best to stay safe. I'm frightened of doing this at home. This WD is killing me. I know and understand what you want me to do about the Trazadone but like I said I have had WD from hell when tapering Traz. I don't know if I can take much more right now.

I am losing this battle. I'm weak right now.

• Administrator

flower, please re-read my posts in this topic. I suggest not increasing the Celexa and you increase the Celexa.

Did you read the topic about tapering trazodone? You might reduce it by 10% and see if that helps.

There's nothing else I can say.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Sorry Alto since the last updose worked like you said, I figured this updose will work for a few weeks also. Then I'll be able to reduce Trazadone a little. I see Doc this week and we will talk about the trazadone. I feel better this morning so far. What's the worse that could happen? It took 3 or 4 days the last updose to make me feel better. Trazadone will be hard for me to taper on top of everything else....I never read Ashtons book..Is the theory to taper on a schedule regardless of symptoms? Please, just wish me luck today. I don't want to go back to the hospital. Alto you never did answer my question...Do you think I should be better after a 10mg reduction in 2 months? If that didn't kill me then another 5 won't or does it more difficult the lower you go?

I did read about the taper of Trazadone and dissolved a pill in water to see how this will work. Went to drug store, got more syringes. I'm getting ready for the Trazadone. Should I pour the Traz in milk to drink it? It looks nasty. I assume I take out the part to taper and drink the rest. I have 1 ml syringes. Any suggestions? 50mg pills. I'm also thinking the liquid Celexa doesn't like me. My tongue will hurt,my neck at the base of my head aches and muscles burn on my shoulders. Others have said "I felt better taking the pill." Pharm. said they suggest tapering over 8 weeks?

Skyler help..water titrating

I read here that stabilizing can take months after a fast taper..

flower, please re-read my posts in this topic. I suggest not increasing the Celexa and you increase the Celexa.

Did you read the topic about tapering trazodone? You might reduce it by 10% and see if that helps.

There's nothing else I can say.

I reread everything Alto...Your time is important to me. I look for you everyday..You keep me sane...

• Administrator

flower, help me with this. I have a personal failing in that I find answering the same questions over and over very discouraging.

For the sake of our relationship, do you think you can limit your habit of asking the same question over and over in your topic, in other topics, and in personal messages?

All I can do is give you information so you can make your own decisions. You don't have to do what I suggest, just don't ask the same question over and over.

It seems to me you really want an expert to tell you exactly what to do, and to promise you it will work perfectly. You are looking for medications to treat your withdrawal problems. We don't have that kind of expertise here.

As far as I know, there is no fool-proof treatment for withdrawal difficulties. This is a problem for every single person on this site. If what you want is a doctor to cure you, you will have to find one. Please let us know if you do.

PS Are you keeping notes about your dosages and symptom patterns?

• Moderator Emeritus

Skyler help..water titrating

Mix trazadone with water so you can reduce with 10% cuts or less a month.

edit: 3:45 Alto just posted this in another thread. http://survivinganti...ts-or-capsules/

feeling a little better today..Sorry Alto,just ignore me if I'm ranting..Will try Trazadone taper..

flower, help me with this. I have a personal failing in that I find answering the same questions over and over very discouraging.

For the sake of our relationship, do you think you can limit your habit of asking the same question over and over in your topic, in other topics, and in personal messages?

All I can do is give you information so you can make your own decisions. You don't have to do what I suggest, just don't ask the same question over and over.

It seems to me you really want an expert to tell you exactly what to do, and to promise you it will work perfectly. You are looking for medications to treat your withdrawal problems. We don't have that kind of expertise here.

As far as I know, there is no fool-proof treatment for withdrawal difficulties. This is a problem for every single person on this site. If what you want is a doctor to cure you, you will have to find one. Please let us know if you do.

PS Are you keeping notes about your dosages and symptom patterns?

I read about the alert response being triggered by sleep. I sure identify with this. With this last .5mg updose my daytime anxiety is better. I'm getting sleepy earlier than usual. I've made a few people here crazy with my chatter. Forgive me. I find it hard to make sense to anyone right now. The parathesia is worse at this dose than before. Burning in my neck and feet. I had thought the fish oil was helping but I now think it was the reduction to 7mgs,which I will do again in a few weeks. The mother in law took her Celexa finally. Now to find her another Doctor before she runs out.

• Moderator Emeritus

<br>I read about the alert response being triggered by sleep.

<br>Flower... how does the alert response respond when you take cuts, how when you hold, when you updosed. Is there a change or does it remain relatively constant regardless.  Did you have a problem with this before you started tapering (how long have you had these jerks). The alert response can be a side effect from ADs as opposed to a withdrawal symptom. Look in your journal if you cannot recall?