alex

Bad news I'm afraid.

Hit by a nasty wave of dysphoria;insomnia,high cortisol,suicidal thoughts,fear, depression.The whole combo...

Are the waves a sign of recovery?? I hope they are...

Wondering if I will have the strenght to endure this s**t for years...but I don't want to die...

I am sorry.

4 years aprox. on 150mgs.Effexor for situational major depression.No AD before.
Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months.

Tapered Quetiapine,Xanax in the last 18 months.NO med of any kind anymore.
First 3 months off acute w/d
Protracted w/d ever since.
Symptoms:Anxiety,anhedonia,insomnia,tinnitus,PSSD

04/13/2014 Awful Relapse.Recovered fairly fast.

3 years and 4 months off.

waves and windows.Very much recovered.

November 2015,health issue.Setback.

I had an episode of complete insomnia the other night;every time this happens I just crumble, fall into pieces.

Even with the fact that this happens very sporadic,the last time was 2 months ago, it scares the s**t out of me, I don't know why.

The idea of not sleeping just terrifies me, and that ads anxiety when I'm ready to sleep.

But it always passes, I hope it does soon this time.

Riding the wave....

Oh Alex, I totally understand..it's awful..I partially relate to the dysphoria. Hang in there with us.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

• Moderator Emeritus

It is a wave Alex and will settle, ride it like a pro as you always do. It seems so cruel when they hit after you've been feeling good, it's like getting a kicking from a bully just to let you know it is still there. You will beat it Alex. I know how it feels when the total insomnia creeps back in, I am in the same boat right now and it is crippling but I know it will pass, just hanging on for dear life until it does. 

Keep us updated Alex, thinking about you and wishing you well. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Moderator Emeritus

A particularly nasty wave seems to have hit many of us over the past several days, for me the 18th had me struggling to hang on, today I seem to be coming out of it.  You have been having long windows and very short waves Alex, I'm sure this one will pass quickly for you, thinking of you.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Thank you my dear friends.I am a little better.

Hanging on.

In a very bad shape here.

Barely hanging on.

The most brutal wave in the last months.

Severe DP DR.I feel like an allien in my own body...

Please, I don't want to die..

• Moderator Emeritus

Keep hanging on Alex, this must feel more like a tsunami than a wave but hang in there it has to pass. I'm really sorry to see that you are suffering so badly after doing so well. Thinking of you, and sending a hug from UK to Costa Rica with your name on it. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thank you Joannad,Petu and dear mamma;I'm doing better.

Back to the low symptoms plateau again.

Learning A LOT from this terrible challenge.Obsessive thoughts=neuro emotions=FEAR.

FEAR; I've learned that is one of the major demons to tackle in this process.

I am going to be away from the forum for awhile.

Lets keep on walking towards the goal of living a good decent life drug free.DRUG FREE!!!!

Hugs.

I know you've heard this before, but I am struggling with a deadly wave of dysphoria,terror,off the charts anxiety, and the worst for me, a scary setback in insomnia.

I am in a very bad shape here.Death thoughts plaguing my mind.Paralyzed with anxiety and DP.

Please, how this could be after having such clear windows.

I don't want to loose this battle, please help.

Hang in there Alex. Just hang on. It will pass.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

I really wonder why Altostrata seems to avoid to comment or give me some words of support.

She seems to have a word for everybody but NEVER for me....strange and sad for me...

I thank her for this lifesaving forum anyway.

Hanging on in one of my recurrent awful waves...

Alex, don't give up. Many of us are in the grips of despair lately. It's fear telling us the lie we're never going to heal beyond where we are now. It's not true. We are impatient and feel we've suffered enough. And we have suffered enough. Your healing may be right around the corner.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

I really wonder why Altostrata seems to avoid to comment or give me some words of support.

She seems to have a word for everybody but NEVER for me....strange and sad for me...

I really think she is very busy, and she is trying to help a lot of people here. There are a ton of people who are in a tight spot in a taper. Some of them are in dangerous positions if they make a bad move. So, I think that takes a lot out of her. I'm sure she does the very very best she can.

But, we are here for you. :)

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

I really think she is very busy, and she is trying to help a lot of people here. There are a ton of people who are in a tight spot in a taper. Some of them are in dangerous positions if they make a bad move. So, I think that takes a lot out of her. I'm sure she does the very very best she can.

Yes, I know.I'm sorry.

It's just that I feel so bad and desperate.

Thank you for your kind words JDM

Yes, I know.I'm sorry.

It's just that I feel so bad and desperate.

Thank you for your kind words JDM

You are welcome friend. Hang in there!

I am so sorry but right now I realy think I'm loosing this battle.

After 2 and a half yrs struggling, now I'm loosing my capacity to sleep.

I have been able to cope with broken sleep all this time, but getting at least some sleep.

Now, I can't sleep at all.

I am tired, frustrated and thinking about ending this **** once and for all.

If I can`t sleep, I can`t live.Period.

Altostrata seems to be the expert on this matter, but that's of no use for me.She absolutely ignores me.

I am loosing my will to live really.

It is sad, but I don't want more pain.I thought I was getting better, and now this...****!!!

No you will make it, totally. Nearly there :)

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

I am sorry for the last post.

I'm just desperate.

Pray for me.

I am so sorry but right now I realy think I'm loosing this battle.

After 2 and a half yrs struggling, now I'm loosing my capacity to sleep.

I have been able to cope with broken sleep all this time, but getting at least some sleep.

Now, I can't sleep at all.

I am tired, frustrated and thinking about ending this **** once and for all.

If I can`t sleep, I can`t live.Period.

Altostrata seems to be the expert on this matter, but that's of no use for me.She absolutely ignores me.

I am loosing my will to live really.

It is sad, but I don't want more pain.I thought I was getting better, and now this...****!!!

I don't think Alto would have any new info for you. Once people get into protracted WD, there isn't much for anyone to do, but to encourage you. She hasn't commented on my thread for many many months. I don't think she is ignoring me. She gave me the best info she had, and she has to use her time trying to help the people tapering. Please don't feel ignored. :(

You have recovered sleep before and you will again. Praying for you.

((((Alex)))) praying for you. Please don't rely on a personal response to you directly from Alto to give you hope. Alto created this site to be a comfort and an educational resource for fellow sufferers. You can search insomnia in the symptoms section for lots of things you can take and do for yourself to help you sleep. Magnesium works like a sleeping pill for me. There are other supplements that may help, but start slowly, one thing at a time, in case you have the opposite effect. Just leave your body alone and try to stay as calm as possible to give your CNS time to heal.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Thank you my good friends.

It's just that I don't understand why my sleep is so bad (worse than ever) after 30 months off and a lot of improvement in this and other symptoms.

This is cruel stuff...

And now I'm getting traumatyzed of not sleeping, and it makes things worse...

I feel like a 5 yr child seeking mama's help.

This is so awful...

If you'd seen me yesterday Alex, I probably did seem like a five yr old...withdrawal seems to have the feeling of being regressed back to childhood and being helpless.

It IS awful. I think insomnia plagues 99% of us. Usually insomnia and akathisia are the last symptoms to go before full recovery, so look at the bright side.

Excruciating levels of anxiety.

I have to make a real effort not to loose control and go out to the streets screaming...

Pray for me.

Alex, have you looked any into gut issues and/or food intolerances? It seems for most of us who have complicated recoveries that some type of dietary intervention has to happen. Regardless, I do hope you get some rest soon!

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

• Moderator Emeritus

Alex I am so sorry, you do not deserve this, no-one does, except the shrinks and drug pushing pharma. 

It is a wave alex, a horrendous wave and it will pass just like the others did. Hang on for dear life Alex, if you give up now it could be tomorrow that you would have recovered again. Have you done anything different? Different food, alcohol, coffee, anything?  Supplements or drugs for colds, flu etc? 

This wave WILL pass Alex. When the insomnia gets bad for me I don't even think about going to sleep, just go to bed to rest my body and relax. The last few weeks have been hard with it and I have had very little or no sleep for a few days now and really starting to feel it. If I worry about it I don't get any benefit from resting because all I can think about is sleep and it doesn't come. Not worrying about it means I do rest and relax, and one day I will sleep again, just for a little while but it will be sleep and I will feel better then. 

This is Cymbaltawithdrawal and me surfing our waves, join us and hang on to that board for dear life.

surfing_zps6cc2e382.jpg

2002  effexor. 

• Administrator

alex, think of all the times you've been here before -- despairing -- and found it was a wave that eventually ended.

I am sorry I cannot instantly give you good sleep all the time. If I could, I would do that for everyone.

At this point, I think you know everything I do about healing sleep.

Please review this topic when you feel at a low point. There's not much I can add.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you,thank you.

It is just that before this wave my nights of no sleep were sporadic,and separated from each other.And now I've had 5 in 7 days...!!

And before this I was coping well with broken sleep with just some linden tea.

This is the worst sleep crisis in this process,31 months off!!!!

This ordeal is just incredible...!!

Thank you Joanad,Pug,meimei and mamma; I love the photo..

And Alto,thank you,I know you are a busy woman.Sorry to bother but sometimes it is just overwhelming.

Suicidal ideation plagues me...

I gues is because I am a VERY intense person; an artist.

I am hanging on and back to the sleeping strategies I used at the begining...

Thank you, thank you.

I still express my art in stick figures and marshmallow men! Even THAT'S challenging in WD.

Alex, have you tried magnesium just before bedtime? It works like a sleeping pill to get me to sleep, but I still get my 3am cortisol surges and am up for the day. I just have to go to bed earlier to get enough decent hours of sleep.

Melatonin works for some people too, but it makes me groggy the next day and I have enough brain fog to sift through already without that dreaded druggy feeling.

I've heard magnesium salt baths works. I was taking a Benadryl, that usually makes me very groggy enough to fall asleep. I now take half of a Benadryl as I'm back in school and don't like feeling the grogginess in the mornings. Also when I'm having a bad day I'll take a quarter of a medical marihuana cookie. That puts me out all night. Hope this helps.

I'd much rather sleep through an extra bad day than being awake with the depressive thoughts coming my way.

My doctor is ok with the marijuana as long as I'm not experiencing any side effects from that, which I don't.

Started Effexor August 2012 Sept'12-150mg=extreme anxiety Oct'12 cut half-75mg severe wds

Feb 2013 68.5mg. Mar'13- 65mg. Apr'13-59mg. May'13-57mg. June '13-52mg Aug'13 49.75mg.

Sep'13-48.75. Nov'13-47mg Dec'13-45..5mg

May 2014 42mg. Jun'14 40mg (depressive mood started). Aug'14 -40mg/ started brintellix 2.5mg

Oct '14 -39 Nov'14 36.89 Dec'14 34.45

Jan 2015- 31 Feb'15 29mg. Mar'15 26.72. Apr'15 24.48. May'15 22.31mg. Jun'15 20.30mg

Aug'15-18.89. Oct'15 16.96. Nov/16- 16.10. Dec/15- 15mg

Jan 2016-14.22. May'16 11.45. Aug'16-9.60. Sep/16- 8.88mg. Oct/16- 8.39mg. Nov/16- 8.13. Dec/16- 7.89

Thank you Lexy.

I am a fan of Marihuana, but I'm scared it will trigger the darn anxiety.

The bad wave continues.Last night it was a hellish trip into the depths of madness...

This has been by far the longest and worst wave, after a long period of clear windows...isn't this a lovely beast...

I wonder who will I be when (if) I make it to the other side???

Hanging on.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you've been hit by a wave. They are so discouraging after a long window. So dissapointing. But You've ridden out these waves before and even if you don't feel like it, you're probably stronger after each one. You'll conquer this one too. Waves have a way of making us forget our strength and what it's like to feel okay so it feels like they're both out of reach. But they're not. They're still there. You'll see. :-)

1988-2012: Prozac @ 60mg (with a few stops and starts)

Fall 2012: Returned to 40mg after discontinuing and horrid withdrawal 

Fall 2013: 40mg Fluoxetine, added 150mg Wellbutrin to treat fatigue 

Winter 2014: Attempting to taper both (too fast)

April 2014: 9mg Fluoxetine + 37.5 Wellbutrin 

Summer 2014: 8 mg Fluoxetine + 0 Wellbutrin (way too fast a drop)

Late summer/Early Fall 2014: Debilitating Withdrawal symptoms 

Fall 2014 - Wellbutrin successfully kicked to the curb but…

Oct- Dec 2014: Panicked reinstatement of Fluoxetine ->30mg - held for 5yrs

Jan 2021: taper to 20mg Fluoxetine  then tapering by 1mg every 2-3 months

Fall 2022 - held at 10mg->December 2022: 9mg->Feb 2023: 8mg ->March 2023: brassmonkey slide begins: 7.8mg -> 7.6 -> 7.4->2 week hold (April)->7.2->7mg->6.8->2 week hold->6.6-> 1-month hold ->(June)-6.5->4-week hold-> (July)-6.4 (discontinued brassmonkey slide and slowed taper)-> (Aug)-6.2->(Sept)-6.0->(Oct)-5.9->(Nov)-5.8->(Dec)-5.7->wave!->(Jan)-5.8->(Feb)-6mg and holding.

My 2014 withdrawal experience: https://rxisk.org/antidepressant-withdrawal-a-prozac-story/

Hi Alex, you have been so strong and what you achieved is very inspiring and encouraging to everyone here! What I think and believe is, more more wave makes you closer to theclear final end!!!

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,