alex

It's probably disappointing for you to keep going through this but You've gone through this before and you will get thru this again like you've done so before.

Started Effexor August 2012 Sept'12-150mg=extreme anxiety Oct'12 cut half-75mg severe wds

Feb 2013 68.5mg. Mar'13- 65mg. Apr'13-59mg. May'13-57mg. June '13-52mg Aug'13 49.75mg.

Sep'13-48.75. Nov'13-47mg Dec'13-45..5mg

May 2014 42mg. Jun'14 40mg (depressive mood started). Aug'14 -40mg/ started brintellix 2.5mg

Oct '14 -39 Nov'14 36.89 Dec'14 34.45

Jan 2015- 31 Feb'15 29mg. Mar'15 26.72. Apr'15 24.48. May'15 22.31mg. Jun'15 20.30mg

Aug'15-18.89. Oct'15 16.96. Nov/16- 16.10. Dec/15- 15mg

Jan 2016-14.22. May'16 11.45. Aug'16-9.60. Sep/16- 8.88mg. Oct/16- 8.39mg. Nov/16- 8.13. Dec/16- 7.89

I am in a horrible wave of anxiety,suicidal DP, despair, hopelessness...

Please help!! How much longer??

4 years aprox. on 150mgs.Effexor for situational major depression.No AD before.
Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months.

Tapered Quetiapine,Xanax in the last 18 months.NO med of any kind anymore.
First 3 months off acute w/d
Protracted w/d ever since.
Symptoms:Anxiety,anhedonia,insomnia,tinnitus,PSSD

04/13/2014 Awful Relapse.Recovered fairly fast.

3 years and 4 months off.

waves and windows.Very much recovered.

November 2015,health issue.Setback.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hang in there Alex, you will get through this one, you have been having good long windows. This wave will pass soon and you will be be feeling better again.

I'm also struggling again, back in survival mode, but wanted you to know I'm thinking about you.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Thank you Lexy and dear Petu for your encouraging words.

I am so sorry you are going through this hell too.

When the wave hits, I start to wonder if I'll be strong enough to endure this torture...

3+ years and counting.

This forum has gotten so big that it is hard for us the veterans to comunicate.

Please keep in touch.

(((HUGS))

• 2 weeks later...

Negative update I'm afraid.

This has been one bad month.

Awful waves of depression, anxiety,obsessive thoughts of shame and guilt, suicidal.

I am in the middle of a bad wave right now.Very exhausted.

I know I always come up with the same thing bur,how much longer can I endure this torment?

Thinking about ending it all has become scary.

I am sorry.

• Moderator Emeritus

Alex,

I know its difficult at the time but you have to invest less in your experience.   You have had windows and will do again.  Your have periods of greater functioning and will do again.  These will increase over time, particularly if you don't add stress to your system.   

I read back through your thread and you seem very fixated on time - coming up to 3 years off, 3 years + etc.   I think we have all done that at one point but our nervous systems don't have a calendar and building a significant expectation or intense focus on a timeframe can be detrimental to your wellbeing.

I know its difficult, you have been strong and continue to be.   Focus on bringing all your amazing strength and capacity to being as gentle on your mind and body as you possibly can be.   Let go of any walls that you beat your head against, explore the 100 little things you can do to soothe yourself/encourage relief and joy.

You can do this

D

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Alex,

up ---> down..............the next will be up, it is sure, be patient

for anxiety 

12 years paxil - cold turkey 1,5 month - switch celexa 1 year taper; total 13 years on brain meds 

67 years old - 9 years  med free

in protracted withdrawal

rigidity standing and walking, dryness gougerot-szoegren, sleep deteriorate,

function as have a lack of nerves, improving have been very little 

Thank you Dalsaan for your encouraging words.

Stan, merci mon ami.

• Administrator

alex, you absolutely must look at your habit of catastrophizing when you hit a bad patch, and learn to manage it.

I want you to write down the phone number of your local suicide line and phone them instead of posting about feeling suicidal here. There's very little we can do -- members might not even be online then -- and it makes us feel very bad when we see such posts.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

alex, you absolutely must look at your habit of catastrophizing when you hit a bad patch, and learn to manage it.

I want you to write down the phone number of your local suicide line and phone them instead of posting about feeling suicidal here. There's very little we can do -- members might not even be online then -- and it makes us feel very bad when we see such posts.

You are right Altostrata,after all this time in this forum, there is little you can do for me.I know everything about this terrible condition.

And despite the fact you don`t have the most delicate way to say things,I admire you and thank you for keeping your work in this forum.

In the other hand, I really believe that my case is a very serious one, and the awful dark suicidal DP is very real, or feels very real, and I just post here looking for some love and encouraging words.

But you are right again,it is selfish and stupid from me to do so.

As a manner of fact I think I wont be posting anymore.

Thank you.

Alex, have you tried simple mindfulness techniques? They have gotten me through many episodes of deep depression. They also help with insomnia.

Sept 12th 1992-began taking Imipramine (50mgs) for panic attacks.

Stopped Imipramine after 4 months (cold turkey).

7 months later experienced "mysterious" bad flu-like symptoms, although, without upper respiratory problems or fever. Because of this and a day of panic attacks, was put on Prozac (20mgs?) for 2 months and then, when that didn't work-was put back on  Imipramine,  plus Xanax 1 mg (4Xdaily)-October 1993.

March 1999-switched from Imipramine (50mgs) to Celexa.

2008-switched to Pristiq for 3 months, then back to Effexor XR (after bad reaction to the Pristiq).

Sept 1st 2010-Switched from Effexor XR (75mgs) to Effexor Generic (solid form) in preparation for taper.

Nov 15th 2010-Began tapering from 75mgs Effexor Generic.

January 13th 2014-.06mgs

April 17th 2014-      .03mgs

May 11th 2014-       .02mgs

Ended taper October 31st 2014

Oct 4th 2015-11 months post taper and completely back to normal!

Alex I read your post.  Trust me I know what you are going through -  did you say you are off 3+ years?  I am off almost 28 months ...

Stay strong Alex -  if you do, I will too.....This is a fantastic support group.  I don't think I would make it if it were not for this group.

This will end for us Alex - you just wait and see.....Please continue to post.  I know all you want is encouragement and hope from us....I think that is what this forum and other forums are all about.   I am sorry - please don't leave....you come here and we will encourage and help you as much as we can.....

xxxxx

Zoloft started for 8 years - 150 mg capsules

Started tapering December 3, 2011,

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

While tapering WDS were tolerable

Off Zoloft debilitating WDS the worst starting around 6 months off

even worse after 18 months off

Now 35 months off - still in a terrible wave for months now.

Thank you my dear friends for your encouraging words.

Yes, we will win this battle at the end.

(HUGS)

I must humbly accept that after all this time, and seeing alot of improvement, I have to learn to manage the waves in a better way.

My personal situation is very bad:I am old, no job,broke, and sick;it is very scary.

And as I've said here, I am a very intense person.I go easily to the extremes.

But although the waves are very bad,horrible in fact, I am in the classic pattern of waves-windows,and SLOWLY improving.

I am sorry and I apologise.

God,this is hard!!!

Alex, my dear dear friend. This rough patch is, well, ROUGH. Don't feel bad about posting doom and gloom on your thread. It gives the rest of us a chance to give you love and encouragement.

I've been going through weird, excruciating waves lately, as well. It is what it is til it isn't. Not very comforting when you're in the middle of the tsunami, but it WILL pass. You will exhale a sigh of relief when it does, and you may never get another wave again. Many of those who have fully recovered said that the worst of all the waves happened just before complete healing. Hold onto that thought. This might be the very last wave you will ever endure.

Please don't stop posting, Alex. There are so many of us who look forward to seeing you on this forum and we would wonder about what happened to you if you did not pop back in to say whatever's on your mind, the good, the bad and the ugly. You have so much time under your belt now, you are bound to be very close to 100%.

My pompoms are limp and saggy, kind of like my boobs and underarms, but I am waving them in the air for you right now. I'm 62 and that's not an easy thing to do.

Love you, Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Thank you,thank you,thank you, dear Pug.

Thank you for your support, and for making me laugh.

I love your pompoms!!! :D :D :D I'm 62 too....

We will beat this s**t!!

(HUGS)

Yes we will, sweetheart. YES WE WILL!

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

• Moderator Emeritus

You are right Altostrata,after all this time in this forum, there is little you can do for me.I know everything about this terrible condition.

And despite the fact you don`t have the most delicate way to say things,I admire you and thank you for keeping your work in this forum.

In the other hand, I really believe that my case is a very serious one, ........  and I just post here looking for some love and encouraging words.

But you are right again,it is selfish and stupid from me to do so.

As a manner of fact I think I wont be posting anymore.

Thank you.

Alex, my dear dear friend. This rough patch is, well, ROUGH. Don't feel bad about posting doom and gloom on your thread. It gives the rest of us a chance to give you love and encouragement.

Please don't stop posting, Alex. There are so many of us who look forward to seeing you on this forum and we would wonder about what happened to you if you did not pop back in to say whatever's on your mind, the good, the bad and the ugly.

One thing I have learnt through withdrawal is that investing in drama – any situation that is shot through with heavy emotional investments – has physiological implications.  Drama sits in my body and triggers responses by my nervous system and thus exacerbates or sets off withdrawal symptoms.  Drama is not good for people like us.

The drama can be my own, for example when I am catastrophising about something.   Alternatively, it can be someone else’s drama that we buy into. 

We have the capacity to manage our investment in drama – we choose what we focus on, invest in, give great significance to etc.  

I see people inviting others into drama on this website.   It becomes visible when it becomes a pattern.   The pattern usually looks like this – catastrophic declarations followed by disengagement -a stepping back or silence on the part of the original poster.   The disengagement is the invitation for others to participate in the drama of it all by expressing concern, asking the poster to make contact, questioning what’s happening, sharing their own despair etc.

When this happens over and again the original poster is getting something out of it and other members have become complicit in the drama.  This is a form of codependency that is not healthy for the individual participants or the community as a whole.   Healthy support is encouraged, investing in drama and developing codependent relationships is not.

Take responsibility for your wellbeing and the wellbeing of this community and think about whether you are investing in drama.  I'm not asking people to deny their suffering but you can acknowledge something without ramping up the intensity by being melodramatic.

Dalsaan

Posts edited to display some text in red.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

"Drama" and "Melodrama" are loaded words.

Alex's suffering is real.

7 months later experienced "mysterious" bad flu-like symptoms, although, without upper respiratory problems or fever. Because of this and a day of panic attacks, was put on Prozac (20mgs?) for 2 months and then, when that didn't work-was put back on  Imipramine,  plus Xanax 1 mg (4Xdaily)-October 1993.

2008-switched to Pristiq for 3 months, then back to Effexor XR (after bad reaction to the Pristiq).

Sept 1st 2010-Switched from Effexor XR (75mgs) to Effexor Generic (solid form) in preparation for taper.

January 13th 2014-.06mgs

• Administrator

I do not discount that people, including alex, are suffering.

However, hitting the panic button over and over -- this doesn't help the person's healing and it's bad for the community. It will wear people out.

Finding a different way to cope with distress is much more constructive for everyone.

If the situation is a real emergency, hot lines or face-to-face counseling should be sought rather than posting alarming messages here. All that does is make everyone feel bad.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I get what you are saying. But it's not "drama" or "melodrama", it's real suffering. That kind of language is cold and unsympathetic.

January 13th 2014-.06mgs

The definition of melodrama:

a sensational dramatic piece with exaggerated characters and exciting events intended to appeal to the emotions.

I don't feel that Alex, or anyone else on this site, intentionally incites any of the forum members for their own pleasure in getting a rise out of stirring up emotions by describing their current situation. I will continue to support everyone who reaches out to me for comfort in their time of need. I certainly get it back from them tenfold.

I contacted a suicide hotline in the worst time of my withdrawal. A 20 year old girl told me to go look at some trees. She then told me to walk around my house, pick up an object and look at it.

I had a smoke in my backyard and looked at my trees, then I went inside picked up an object, i.e. folded some laundry. Didn't do squat to ease my suicidal ideation, but I got some fresh undies to wear.

Some times it helps us , Alto.

Pug,  I got put on "hold" !!  LOL !!

Hang in there, Alex.  You will be fine.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Lol pug haha

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

When I've posted in crisis here..people have been so great..I feel like it's the equivalent of having the most caring understanding people around you all squashed in amongst beanbags or something lol

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Alex, you know how this works .  Just keep "hanging on " !!!!!   :) 

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

8th day of awful wave of off the charts anxiety, fear,DP.

I hope all this suffering brings me something better.

I wasn`t ok when I had to take Effexor.And I hope I'll be a better human being when this nightmare ends....

I wish it were a melodrama...

Alex, you will come out of this with a higher baseline to handle everyday stressors. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Hang on, buddy. You'll be doing fine in the next few days.

Love, Pug

• 3 weeks later...

After 12 days of clear window, I am into another nasty wave of despair,anxiety,exhaustion...

The same pattern I have seen in the last months.

It's like 40% bad days, and 60% good or not so bad days.

But let me tell you, when is bad, is really bad...like right now...

I really need to find meaning and acceptance to go through this terrible moment in my life..

Hi Alex,

Thanks for updating!

So sorry to hear you are still getting the waves after long time off the poison! It's simply heartbreaking!

It's so incredibly taugh with various disabiling symptoms every day with new ones added for me even I'm still on rather high dose with super slow tapering. These drugs messes up our system on such a level and scale so hard to believe.

Reading successful stories is one of my strategy to ride out the bad waves. You are definitely very close to the end of this hell and I believe it's the final tune of your system to a completely new and beautiful one.

Hang in, you have been a great inspiration to me and thanks for that!

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

Now I know that my case is a hard one.

Steping off from 150mg of Effexor in 3 months was a HUGE mistake.

But, what is done is done.

Still struggling with brutal waves at 38 months off, my REM sleep absolutely destroyed, and my whole life in general severely damaged.

I'm going away from the forum because it isn't of any help for me anymore, and I've seen that my posts create a negative "enviroment" in the site.

I am very grateful with everybody who gave me support and love during this horrible time of my life.

I am gratefull with you too Altostrata,for your important work helping people in this site.I know you are a good compassionate person, the problem is that sometimes you have a very "strange" way to show it.

Maybe, in the future, if I survive, and you let me, I will come back hopefully with a positive beautyful update.

Take care and NEVER GIVE UP.

Yes it is hard to read how bad others are doing while we are midst of wds. I don't update often because it's the same thing day in day out. I do feel we can learn to avoid other people's mistakes and in that you should have some confort. Keep updating please!!

You say you have 40% bad days and 60%goods days. Think positive you have more than half good days!

I wish you the best.

Started Effexor August 2012 Sept'12-150mg=extreme anxiety Oct'12 cut half-75mg severe wds

Feb 2013 68.5mg. Mar'13- 65mg. Apr'13-59mg. May'13-57mg. June '13-52mg Aug'13 49.75mg.

Sep'13-48.75. Nov'13-47mg Dec'13-45..5mg

May 2014 42mg. Jun'14 40mg (depressive mood started). Aug'14 -40mg/ started brintellix 2.5mg

Oct '14 -39 Nov'14 36.89 Dec'14 34.45

Jan 2015- 31 Feb'15 29mg. Mar'15 26.72. Apr'15 24.48. May'15 22.31mg. Jun'15 20.30mg

Aug'15-18.89. Oct'15 16.96. Nov/16- 16.10. Dec/15- 15mg

Jan 2016-14.22. May'16 11.45. Aug'16-9.60. Sep/16- 8.88mg. Oct/16- 8.39mg. Nov/16- 8.13. Dec/16- 7.89

• Moderator Emeritus

I've just happened upon your thread now and found it very helpful.  It builds a picture for someone like me who is at the start of tapering Effexor.  It is so important for me to see how people hit the hard times and then get through.  So, I really hope you keep writing here - your story makes a difference to many. 

Hugs,
Karen

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 Now on 7 micro-beads of Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

• 1 month later...

Hello here I am again,after 2 months w/o posting.

Bad news I'm afraid.

An unespected health issue has set me back badly.

I am in a very bad spot here.

I am thinking about giving St. John`s Wort a try.

Any thoughts?

Hi Alex,

Sorry I ,issued seeing your post earlier.

I'm so sorry you got this setback. I hope you didn't take the SJ wort. You have fought so hard for so long for the freedom, no returns to any of those stuff in my opinion.

How are you feeling now?

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,