Plasma: Bupropion Blood Plasma Levels

Plasma

Having a little debate with mom. I'm not asking for medical advice or an objective answer in this post, however I wouldn't be apposed to it.

Would it be safe to say that 150mg SR is going to give higher blood plasma levels in a shorter amount of time when compared to 150mg XL, which would seem to be lower plasma levels for longer duration?

This just seems logical to me anyone have 2 cents on this one?'

THANK YOU! BTW HERE is the best link I could find on the topic.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1163271/figure/i1523-5998-7-3-106-f01/

PLEASE NOTE: For those of you who are as confused as I was when I read this, Buproprion = Wellbutrin. -Jemima

• Administrator

I guess theoretically that's how it's supposed to work.

There have been quality control problems with some generic buproprion XR, which (as I recall) turned out not to be XR after all.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I don't know the answer but just wanted to say that I debate plasma bupropion levels with family as well and that, in itself, is finally starting to get me disinvited from family functions.

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

• Administrator

LOL! My guess is there's a lot of individual variation, so plasma level discussions are stupefyingly academic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy