SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Drug Company Money Undermines Science

Jemima

• Moderator Emeritus

"When it comes to making health care decisions, which can deeply impact your life, you need access to truthful, unbiased information and science, or at least access to a physician who does.

Yet true, independent research -- the foundation upon which the modern medical system is supposed to be based -- is becoming an increasingly rare commodity … if it's not already extinct.

In a scathing expose in Scientific American,1 journalism professor Charles Seife shows very clearly how the pharmaceutical industry is funneling money to prominent research scientists conducting studies on their products, and no one – not the researchers, not their funding sources, not scientific institutions and not even the government – appears able (or willing) to stop it."

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/12/06/drug-company-money.aspx?e_cid=20121206_DNL_art_2

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

Unentangleable.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, pitiful. I've just given up on them.. the multicorps are so all over us (and both parties in our kleptocracy) there is no way we will win. We can stave them off by fighting, and we should do so, but in the end, they will prevail. It's why we are in so much !@#$% trouble. They have been a factor ever since Eisenhower introduced the military industrial complex, but in the last couple of decades it's really taken off. Pharma is only a piece of the pie.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, pitiful. I've just given up on them.. the multicorps are so all over us (and both parties in our kleptocracy) there is no way we will win. We can stave them off by fighting, and we should do so, but in the end, they will prevail. It's why we are in so much !@#$% trouble. They have been a factor ever since Eisenhower introduced the military industrial complex, but in the last couple of decades it's really taken off. Pharma is only a piece of the pie.

That's pretty much the way I see things too, Schuyler. It's depressing as all get-out so I try not to think about it much. The subject is filed under the "Accept the things I cannot change" line of the Serenity Prayer.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

It's depressing as all get-out so I try not to think about it much.

Me, too. It's disturbing to me on a deep level. After my eyes were opened to this entanglement, I began to see corruption everywhere. Or at least "influence of an unhealthy kind". And *some people* are too wraped up in it and under the influence to see it and I just have to leave the room. :(

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Moderator Emeritus

Me, too. It's disturbing to me on a deep level. After my eyes were opened to this entanglement, I began to see corruption everywhere. Or at least "influence of an unhealthy kind". And *some people* are too wraped up in it and under the influence to see it and I just have to leave the room. :(

Barb, your husband is not going to be able to see it... he's too top down, authority knows best. Go easy on yourself and stop expecting he will be able to see? Maybe when, Heaven help us all, things are considerably worse, he might, but even then he will tie up with some external authority. He has a need to be controlled by someone in charge, to be protected from himself and his world view is a natural outflow of that need.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Hi all,

After becoming aware of some of this I decided to look at the multi vitamin I've been taking, Centrum silver and came across an interesting article I'd like to shareCentrum silver Even before I found this article I had decided to stop taking centrum silver.

Source: drrandy's Holistic Health

Date of article: November 11, 2012 by drrandy18

Author: Randy Baker MD

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy