SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Aberdeen's recovery from Effexor and now a Paxil taper

aberdeen

Hi everyone! I'll update my signature later but basically my long story made short for now...is that in the beginning of 2010 Effexor began to poop out after 5 years of slowly increasing dosages. I was having intense anxiety and derealization and the only explanation my Dr had was that it was the effexor and it was time to come off. He tapered me from 262.mg over 3 months while adding a small dose of Celexa a bit at a time.

A month after being done Effexor and being on 40mg of Celexa, I had a significant, sudden, awful experience. Massive anxiety, derealization and suicidal awful confused and dark thoughts. Akathesia so bad i could not sit still and had to walk fast, or keep pacing in the house. I cut my dose in half that night and immediately felt relief from the suicidal thoughts and terror. The anxiety and chills, unreality or derealization disconnect, nausea, diarrhea and shakes, lasted for another 7 months with no relief, even while we attempted Ciprolex and eventually Paxil.

I lost 30 pounds during that 7 months and truly thought my life and self as I had known it, were over. I finally began to stabilize and then decided it was time to get off all SSRI's. I was originally given meds to combat post partum depression and by now I figured that was in the past and my Dr agreed, it was time to get off everything.

I am now tapering my paxil very slowly, and am down from 20mg to 10mg. In the meantime i still get these waves of intense anxiety, akathesia, chills, shakes, diarrhea and nausea, and a sense of profound unreality that come over me. these spells last about 2 months, and then fade and I'm left feeling pretty good, with the exception of dulled emotions and no motivation. I figure that might be from the Paxil, while the stronger waves of symptoms are still from coming off effexor too fast 21 months ago.

I haven't had one of these intense waves since July, but since then have had milder versions of them, that are shorter. Considering that I'm 21 months out, maybe it's time the waves are going to get milder and easier to handle now, I'm hopeful for that! I find when I taper my paxil i do have symptoms but they aren't as strong as these other waves I get, and have had since coming off the effexor (even prior to tapering paxil). maybe this will make more sense when I create a signature,lol ...Either way, i feel SO much better now than i did even last year.

I have full faith that I will eventually recover 100% and also finish this paxil taper and get back to my life. This has been a very long and frightening 3 years, and i am so looking forward to being me again! If I could change anything I would say I should have reinstated my original medication when w/d hit, and then come off much slower. However, we had no idea what the issue was, so we tried different meds instead, and that was not the answer. But here's to a new year and a new journey, with healing every step of the way.

Edited by scallywag
fixed paragraph breaks

2 Timothy 1-7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Effexor 75mg to 262.5mg 2005-2010 for post partum depression

Started having poop out mid 2010, also switched generic brands, then crashed in Dec 2010 (anxiety/ "terror", intense DR, anhedonia, suicidal ideation, chills, insomnia, horrible intrusive thoughts, disorientation, ect)
Rapid "tapered" from 262.5mg Effexor in 3 months

Tried Celexa,Cipralex, then Paxil to deal with wd(this switching made things worse and added akathesia)

Found online support and started tapering Paxil 7 months after quitting Effexor (at this point was having small windows).

Paxil taper: dropped 10% every 4-8 weeks

Year 1 October 2011 to Nov 2012 20mg to 10mg

Year 2 March 2013 to Feb 2014 10mg to 4mg

Year 3 April 2014 to May 2015 4mg to 1.1mg

Year 4 June 2015 1.1mg , dropping by 10% until .5mg, after then dropped by 0.1mg every 5 weeks until 0.1mg.

Finished! Official last dose of 0.1mg on June 15/16

K so maybe it wasn't a short story afterall,lol, but there it is!

2 Timothy 1-7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Started having poop out mid 2010, also switched generic brands, then crashed in Dec 2010 (anxiety/ "terror", intense DR, anhedonia, suicidal ideation, chills, insomnia, horrible intrusive thoughts, disorientation, ect)

Tried Celexa,Cipralex, then Paxil to deal with wd(this switching made things worse and added akathesia)

Found online support and started tapering Paxil 7 months after quitting Effexor (at this point was having small windows).

Year 4 June 2015 1.1mg , dropping by 10% until .5mg, after then dropped by 0.1mg every 5 weeks until 0.1mg.

• Administrator

Welcome, Aberdeen.

Yes, you can still have withdrawal symptoms from one antidepressant even though you're taking another, and it sounds like that's what you're dealing with now.

The Effexor withdrawal symptoms, however, are not separate from the Paxil withdrawal symptoms. They all take place in the same nervous system, which was initially sensitized by the Effexor withdrawal.

It's best to decrease the Paxil carefully so as not to make the nervous system instability worse. We suggest 10% per month decreases, calculated on the last dosage.

How have you been decreasing Paxil?

You may be interested in this topic about tapering Paxil http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/405-tips-for-tapering-off-paxil-paroxetine/

PS Please use paragraph breaks, they make long posts easier to read.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thanks for the welcome! I have tried to do the paxil thing quite slowly...I did 1.25mg drops from 20mg up to now. I did it maybe once a month, once time I did a 3 week break and several times waiting up to 8 weeks, and during a bad 2 month wave i didn't taper at all. I've heard that 10percent is a good way to start, but to do that now I'm going to have to get technical, a splitter isn't doing so well now. I've heard that a scale can be used, and I'll have to buy one as I don't have it yet. I have been having mild forms of symptoms lately, and so I'm not going to taper again until the new year. My last drop from 11.25mg to get to 10mg was on Nov 6.

• Administrator

That sounds like a reasonable rate of taper. Yet, you still did suffer some nervous system upset, that shows how sensitive it is to even small reductions.

Please read the link up above. Paxil comes in a liquid. All you need is a prescription for it. This makes tapering a LOT easier.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I'm not able to get liquid here, I have asked around. But crushing and weighing might work no? I have no idea what to expect as I get lower in dose....I think the farther from my first w/d scenario I get, the less complicated my taper will be and I'll be able to listen to my body better. THis whole thing can be so frustrating!!

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forums Aberdeen (waves) I thought perhaps you were a Scot when I saw your name but see you're from Canada.

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

Hi Aberdeen!! United we stand!!!

damaged by citalopram - severe suffering for 3 years now...no improvement

akathsiia, pgad, dp/dr, terror, and so SO many more daily

severly disabled and lost everything

Hi Aberdeen, glad you found this place! :)

2003-2011: Paroxetine,Citalopram,Effexor; Aug/Sept 2011: Effexor to Mirtazapine; Oct 2011: C/T Mirtazapine back to Effexor; Nov/Dec 2011: Fast Tapered Effexor - w/d hell; Feb 2012: Reinstated Effexor 37.5mg; June 2012: Dropped to 35.6mg; Jan 2016: Propranolol 2.5mg per day for general anxiety; Feb 2016: Finasteride 0.25mg per week to slow hair loss; 18th May - 8th June 2019: Started Vyvanse 7.5mg and increased by 7.5mg weekly to 30mg (lowest “therapeutic” dose for adults).; 21st June 2019 - 12th July: Cross tapered from venlafaxine brand Rodomel to Efexor (1/4 > 1/2 > 3/4 weekly before ditching Rodomel); 13th July 2019: Cut Vyvanse dose to 15mg; 15th July 2019: Akathisia returned after years of being free; 16th July 2019: Went back up to Vyvanse 30mg

Supplements: Omega-3, Vitamin D, Zinc, Phosphatidylserine 

• Administrator

Paxil liquid is available by prescription in Canada. The pharmacy may need to order it.

It is available here/ My Dr and pharmacist both said it wasn't. I'll have to check. I wonder if switching would complicate things though....from pills to liquid. Hi jr and iggy, and no I'm not a scot,lol. My hubby and his family are though! I actually use 'aberdeen" as my username because it is part of my email address and it's part of my email address because when I opened my email account I lived on aberdeen st...lol...not very glamorous is it...but I thought the street had a nice name so i go with that. I'll dig further about the liquid paxil in teh meantime. Either that or get a scale. I can't get smaller anymore without doing something!

• Administrator

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome, aberdeen! You have such a great attitude toward recovery that I'm sure you're going to be an asset to this forum and an eventual recovery success story. I look forward to your posts. :)

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

Thank you Jemima, I don't always have agreat attitude that's for sure. Sometimes I'm so scared. When a wave hits, anxiety will wake me up at 5am and horror goes through my mind, it just runs and runs and I get chills, diarrhea and nausea, dizziness and this awful sense that I'm not in my own familiar surroundings, have to force myself to do normal things to remember that I'm still in my usual environment (I guess thats the derealization), I feel light years away from my old life and home when I get that way. I used to get it for about 2 months straight and then in would level off. It seems to occur every few months, ever since quitting effexor. The last one started in July. In between them I have totally numb emotions, irritability and total loss of joy or pleasure for my passions. But I still prefer that to how I feel in a wave. I have done so much reading of others experiences, and it seems to really imrove after that first or second year...and i'm almost 2 years off so i hope the worst of that stage of recovery is soon behind me and i can focus on my paxil taper!

• Moderator Emeritus

it just runs and runs

Literally! :lol:

I can definitely relate to the waves of anxiety and the dead periods in between, although I think I myself prefer the anxiety if I had to pick between the two. Hang in there!

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

2 month taper down to zero

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

6 or so months back to regular dose of 150 - was able to restabilize fine.

3 month taper back to zero

1 HORRENDOUS week at zero

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

One week at 150 - unable to stabilize.

Back down to 75 mgs

At 75 mgs (half original dose) and suffering withdrawal symptoms since October 2012.

"It is a radical cure for all pessimism to become ill, to remain ill for a good while, and then grow well for a still longer period." - Nietzsche

Oh you are brave pg....I hate the anxiety so much. However, I am so tired of feeling flat too. i have two children ages 6 and 8 and i miss laughter from teh heart and FEELING with them. I'm sure they don't even realize that they have a better Mommy in there somewhere. This whole ordeal has gone on so long i really have missed out on so much of their growing bigger, and I have to struggle not to let anger consume me because that is just so unfair. But i know things and situations in life are never perfect and things could be a LOT worse....and in light of what happened at the school in the US I look at my little ones the same age as those babies that were killed and know life could be so much worse and then I get back up and keep going. But I am tired out sometimes. I do believe the worst is over for me now that I have so much knowledge, and the worst is hopefully behind me. Onwards and upwards!

• Administrator

Suggest you stabilize a bit -- hold on the reductions -- and let your nervous system adjust to the changes you've made so far in your Paxil dosage.

I don't plan on anymore reductions until after Christmas. That will be about 8 weeks or more since my last taper. I wonder though, the anhedonia came along when i started Paxil over a year ago.As you can see in my signature there were a few other meds prior, including the years I was on effexor, and yet I never experienced anhedonia, not even in early withdrawal...that is what makes me impatient to be finished with the paxil.

• Administrator

Understood! Yet it could be a relic of the Effexor withdrawal syndrome.

Go easy and best for the holidays to you.

Thanks, you too! i appreciate the word of caution.I don;t want to rush it...

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh you are brave pg....I hate the anxiety so much. However, I am so tired of feeling flat too. i have two children ages 6 and 8 and i miss laughter from teh heart and FEELING with them. I'm sure they don't even realize that they have a better Mommy in there somewhere. This whole ordeal has gone on so long i really have missed out on so much of their growing bigger, and I have to struggle not to let anger consume me because that is just so unfair. But i know things and situations in life are never perfect and things could be a LOT worse....and in light of what happened at the school in the US I look at my little ones the same age as those babies that were killed and know life could be so much worse and then I get back up and keep going. But I am tired out sometimes. I do believe the worst is over for me now that I have so much knowledge, and the worst is hopefully behind me. Onwards and upwards!

Yes, it could always be worse. I hope the holidays go well for you.

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

2 month taper down to zero

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

6 or so months back to regular dose of 150 - was able to restabilize fine.

3 month taper back to zero

1 HORRENDOUS week at zero

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

One week at 150 - unable to stabilize.

Back down to 75 mgs

At 75 mgs (half original dose) and suffering withdrawal symptoms since October 2012.

"It is a radical cure for all pessimism to become ill, to remain ill for a good while, and then grow well for a still longer period." - Nietzsche

Yes, it could always be worse. I hope the holidays go well for you.

What a great reminder and something I wish I properly internalized at the outset.

I think of my own legs. If I lost a leg, that'd make life considerably worse. And still then I could lose the other.

Until I die, I will always be capable of change; nothing stays the same. I forget that change can go either direction.

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

It's so true,lol, we assume nothing will change if it's bad...but that everything could change for the worse when it's good. Change can go any direction, and the worse things are the better thae chance that change will be in the good direction.

• Administrator

If things can go either way, might as well expect the positive -- no need to add anticipation of disaster to your troubles.

• 7 months later...

Just a little update. I have reached 6.6mg in my paxil taper, and aside from a bit of a rought patch for the last few weeks, it's been good! I hit a patch of morning anxiety, derealization and generally just a blah mood. However, around the same time, i noticed that some of the continuous anhedonia i have had for 2 years, has started lifting! I have had moments of sorrow and joy and peace, and they are like coming home after a long journey. I can't put a finger on it, but it's a subtle yet no so subtle shift in how things appear, like adding colour to a black and white photo. So I just wanted to pop in and say that even though things have been rough, the healing continues. I hope you are all doing well also!

Aberdeen, I'm glad your anhedonia has started lifting! I am happy to hear that.

I am off of all meds as of May 20th, 2013, after 5 weeks on Zoloft and a 4 week taper. Still experiencing: moderate anhedonia & PSSD, I am otherwise mostly healed. 

2.1 years off of medication. 

"If I walk away, don't hate me. I've got to see where the pain will take me.

I found no angels...I found myself."

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for dropping in with the update! Glad to hear you're getting yourself back.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

• Moderator Emeritus

Speaking as someone who is still experiencing anhedonia after nineteen months off a too-fast taper off Lexapro, this is encouraging indeed.  Thanks for checking in and getting us up to speed.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone, I'm another former PP member. I joined here quite a while back when the PP forum got wobbly and I thought I started a journal here, but I can't find it now. 

I will post more and update my signature soon, but in a nutshell, I came off Effexor too fast after a hideous poopout reaction, switched meds a few more times, then settled into a 10%/4-5 week taper regime to get off paxil (the last drug I finally switched to).Its now been almost 4 years since ditching Effexor and starting this journey with the other meds and the taper. I am doing so much better. I still get waves but they are mild and manageable and (hopefully) have more to do with my tapering Paxil, than and residual effects from the first assualt..though sadly I realize that is a very real possibility also. I am currently taking 1.7mg Paxil and due to drop to 1.5mg soon. 

I notice in these lower dosages, that the effects from my drop seem to take long to hit me, and do so more at the 2-3 week point rather than in the first week. My main ongoing problem is anhedonia and irritability. The irritability takes on new levels for 2 weeks a months prior to my periods. My wave symptoms are anxiety esp in the morning, heavier version of the typical anhedonia, DR and confusion and slow cognition, and sometimes depression. I will post my original story when I have time, because its so helpful to see how much I have improved. It happens. VERY slowly, but it happens. We get better. I plan to taper to 1.5, then 1.3 to 1.2, to 1.1, to 1.0...and from there Im just not sure at all. I might go to .5mg, or even throw in a .8mg I have no idea yet. I just know that by this time next year, I should be med free, and i pray every day that this brings more healing from the anhedonia, which has stolen so much of me. I will write more later, and add some old posts I have kept.

Merry christmas! Looking forward to new beginnings here on SA and so grateful to the nice mods here. Glad to be around!

Aberdeen!  Good to see you here.  I feel like the family is all back together now :)

Personal history of GAD and 4 melancholic depressive episodes - two treated with Amityptline

Family history of Bipolar Disorder - goes back at least 3 generations

Adult son with autism, ADHD, intellectual disability and Bipolar II

Put on Aropax / Paxil in July 1997 for anther episode.  Decision to stay on it - worst decision of my life.

Began to poop out in late 2008. Switched to Lexapro March 2009.  Made me suicidal.  Tried Cymbalta for 19 days. Horrible w/d.

Found PP and RI'd Aropax at about the same time - August 2009.  Began slow taper in 2010. Crashed in 13-11mg range in mid 2013.  Switched to Citalopram 21 Oct 2013 in an attempt to stabilise.

There are things that are known, and things that are unknown; in between are doors - Anonymous

https://itunes.apple.com/au/book/longing-for-life/id958423649  My book about my unsuccessful journey through IVF

• Moderator Emeritus

Merry Christmas, Aberdeen!  And wishing you lots of healing in the New Year.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome back Aberdeen, I found your original post and merged the 2  threads. It's good to see that your paxil taper is

going well after such a rocky start with the effexor taper. I'm tapering effexor and the last 1mg has been a bit of a pain 

but I am getting there and will be free when my brain tells me it's time  :)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thanks!!! I knew I had a thread somewhere!! I sure wish Id tapered my Effexor right, and it must be technically (not mentally Im sure) easy because its little balls! Do you just take one ball out? How does that work? 

Update on how Ive been doing....last Friday I had a strange thing happen, I was driving to work and I suddenly got bombarded with half formed thoughts, scraps of dreams, memories, or deja vue snippets all rolled into one, each one just far enough below the surface to avoid being identified, yet strong enough to make me stop and try to pull it up...I was driving fine, yet totally NOT in the moment...and these "thoughts" (not really thoughts in the normal sense) were coming at me fast, one after another, just as I almost pulled it up it would stop and the next new one would come on. I was actually getting scared. It was a new experience so far. I got to work and felt very off. Had to purposefully make myself talk as I typically do, about subjects I typically do because the unreality was so big. After a while i noticed a migraine setting in. Im going to assume it was a variant of normal migraine "aura"? i know weird stuff can happen before migraines. But the yucky part is the DR that followed has hung on for a week now. I just have to hold tight and let it pass, every other weird thing has passed. That was odd. Im also waiting on this weeks drop from 1.7mg to 1.5mg because I dont want to rock the boat. 

I'm sorry that happened to you, it does sound scary! You know I seem to recall a few people on PP having similar experiences. I can't remember exactly who it was but I think Jopro might have been one of the people. From what I remember it usually happened to them while they were trying to sleep, all of a sudden snippets of memories, images, etc. would come rushing at them at once. So it could definitely be another WD symptom but, like you said, it could also be atrributed to a migraine aura. Maybe it's a bit of both? I hope you start to feel more "WD normal" soon.

a.k.a JMarie

Paxil since Mar.1998

2006-2007:40-20mg
2009: 20mg to 14mg 2010: 14mg to 10.5mg 2011: 10.5 to 7.6mg  2012: 7.5 to 6.8mg

2013: 6.7-6.3mg 2014: 6.2mg-5.8mg 2015: 5.7 to 5.15mg 2016: 5.1-4.6mg

1/19/17: 4.5mg 3/17/17: 4.4mg

6/15/17: 4.35mg 8/10/17: 4.3mg

1/29/18: 4.1mg 5/07/18: 4.0mg

7/31/18: 3.9mg

Thank lady bug...omg change ur name nack and bring back the black and white critter, whaaaaaaa....lol. I hate change. LOL.

i think it was a combo too....migraine and what a wd brain did with it. I've had racy thoughts before but these werent "thoughts". It was like deja ue, a feeling of "oh! where was that and what was that and what am I recalling"...and its on the tip of your mind...and then...gone. Like recalling a dream and its evaporating before you can form words for it. That too is normal...but the flipping of one after another, and for almost half an hour straight while driving, not even as if i were lying in bed half awake......it freaked me out. Thought I was past new and weird wd stuff,lol.