SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Brassmonkey: Talking about myself

brassmonkey

Hope your mini wave ends soon!

Ive only ever played Blitz, but the unending time frame sounds fun. I will get back into it when I have something good to  play it on, the laptop isnt easy.

2 Timothy 1-7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Effexor 75mg to 262.5mg 2005-2010 for post partum depression

Started having poop out mid 2010, also switched generic brands, then crashed in Dec 2010 (anxiety/ "terror", intense DR, anhedonia, suicidal ideation, chills, insomnia, horrible intrusive thoughts, disorientation, ect)
Rapid "tapered" from 262.5mg Effexor in 3 months

Tried Celexa,Cipralex, then Paxil to deal with wd(this switching made things worse and added akathesia)

Found online support and started tapering Paxil 7 months after quitting Effexor (at this point was having small windows).

Paxil taper: dropped 10% every 4-8 weeks

Year 1 October 2011 to Nov 2012 20mg to 10mg

Year 2 March 2013 to Feb 2014 10mg to 4mg

Year 3 April 2014 to May 2015 4mg to 1.1mg

Year 4 June 2015 1.1mg , dropping by 10% until .5mg, after then dropped by 0.1mg every 5 weeks until 0.1mg.

Finished! Official last dose of 0.1mg on June 15/16

Brass, so sorry for the pains and aches! I know it so well and can feel for you as it has been with me for years, going through it at this moment too.

Sending hugs to you!

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

Hi brassmonkey

How are you feeling today? I hope that you are feeling better and no brain zaps lately. All this WD is awful. Keep strong

Hardy

Currently suffer extreme CFS, Lyme, adrenal fatigue, bad gut issues, reaction bad to mold basically etc home a lot. Can hardly walk all I get crash easily. 
I’m currently on mirtizapine 1.7mg and Reboxetine 0.4mg. I did a cut on reboxetine on the 19/4/20 around 11%. 
Also taking Ativan since January 2mg. 

Morning Brass.

hey checkout SBs equiv strengths spreadsheet ...its a beauty alright.

You might have a good idea where to put it.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/7571-☼-nz11-climbs-onboard/?p=205198

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

NZ11-- you keep leaving your self wide open for zingers. lol  First thinking about figures at night and now this.  I'll have a good look when I get home. (that wide enough open?) 

I was hoping someone would come up with something like this.  I wanted to give it a try but couldn't even figure out where to start.  Thanks to the bunch of you for jumping in and doing this, it will be really helpful.  I think putting along side SBs dose calculator spreadsheet would be a good place to start.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

lol

Yeah well the editing window is still live so .....mind you i dont really know how else to say it.

How about .....'You know where to stick it' ! lol

Anyway yeah i think it should be in a prominent place like a spreadsheet sticky or something.

lol you just reminded me of a police officer joke.

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Well? Don't leave us hanging------

I'm into the second week at the new dose.  Been having a lot do dizziness and brain fog.  It comes and goes, but when it's here I'm really noticing it.  Also there have been a lot more twitches lately.  Primarily my left eye, as usual, which is a real nuisance. 

I also seem to be getting a bunch of breakouts and mouth sores, but I think they have more to do with the stress of events from the past weekend.  That makes number 15 for me since I started tapering/got sober about four and a half years ago and I'm finding it pretty tough to work through.  But it hasn't even been a week yet, so like everything else it needs more time.  It really does point up just how serious, scary, painful and dangerous this WD business is, and having it thrust upon us through no fault of our own takes some doing to reconcile.  It was made very clear to me a couple of months after I joined Prior Place when one of the more popular members, who had been one of the early ones to greet me, decided she had had enough.  It was a hard lesson I will never forget and each subsequent one has been no easier. As you can see I'm not able to come right out and talk about it directly but still have to shroud the topic in generalities.  Well, back to thinking about other things.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Well on a more light hearted figures note...

This mornings latest news : 'its been reported there is a hole in the side of the womans changing shed, however the police said they will be looking into it immediately!

[Two Ronnies news report joke from years back...im showing my age.]

As i type this i have nerve twitchings in my leg, haven't had the eyes one for awhile.

One has to be very strong to survive wdl thats for sure....or  very angry!

Its so upsetting to hear that people were unable to hold on just a little bit more, prior to my experience with this i would have been asking why on earth did someone do that ..now i totally understand. People including doctors just have no idea. I guess thats why Healy says the ssri era will be one of the most shameful in the history of medicine.

Hey you are doing so very well Brass, not far to go now.

Recovering paxil addict

I really like the Two Ronnies. First saw them when I was at University in London.  I won't say how long ago that was, but my friend God had just come up with this stuff he called dirt.

I've gone the angry route on other things and just don't want to spend the energy on this one.  Get it over and done with, then get on with come heavy catching up.

I can totally understand, but I have a real hard time accepting.  Once you've made it this far in life you really have learned that every thing is temporary.  Having to wait something out for a couple of years is nothing.  But you've had to have survived this long to learn the lesson.

The thing I'm really worried about is the announcement a couple of days ago by the CDC and I think the WHO that all doctors should give every patient a depression screening every time they see someone for a "booboo".  There was no corresponding statement about what they should do about it if they find it.  So I for see a huge jump in AD prescriptions coming.

• Moderator Emeritus

The thing I'm really worried about is the announcement a couple of days ago by the CDC and I think the WHO that all doctors should give every patient a depression screening every time they see someone for a "booboo".  There was no corresponding statement about what they should do about it if they find it.  So I for see a huge jump in AD prescriptions coming.

I"d already been on ADs before this happened, but that is how I got put on Effexor!  Went to the doctor for a protracted flu, and he declared that I was generally depressed and needed to see a psychiatrist!  12 years of Effexor later, here I am :-(  Feels like such a hopeless situation, all those trusting, unaware souls adding $$$ to Big Pharma's bottom line.  Disgusting!

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Moderator Emeritus

Its so upsetting to hear that people were unable to hold on just a little bit more, prior to my experience with this i would have been asking why on earth did someone do that ..now i totally understand.

I do too, nz11.  I feel upset too, and also I feel fortunate to still be here.  The hell I experienced when I crashed was intolerable - if I tried to describe it to someone who had never been there, I don't think they could imagine it.  At the time I even considered that way out, just to get relief from the unbearable torture.  It's horrible to think of that now.  I was very lucky my updose worked and I could restabilise.

That's really creepy.  It's so insidious, all this drug-pushing under the guise of health "care".

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

Isn't it interesting we never had so much "depression" until these drugs came on the scene;it's not about helping people,it's about making money,and we all suffer the consequences.

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

• Moderator Emeritus

There is this big push to make sure every case of depression is identified and treated, when research has shown that most cases of depression resolve on their own.  Research has also shown that those who are not treated with ADs have better long-term outcomes, than those who are treated with ADs, who tend to "relapse".

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

Hi, brass, wanted to drop in and say hi!  Good comments above, I don't think we will ever be totally over it and the damage done to us and others.

I think I know the person you referred to at Prior Place - I like the analogy to PP!  She was one of the first people to greet and help me too, and I was rocked by what happened, but it certainly was a wake up call to all of us as I'm sure we have all contemplated a quick way out.  We are all very fortunate to still be here, all these years later, when things (for me, anyway) got worse and worse, but I've never forgotten her.

It is totally maddening - about Big Pharma and the $'s. I've been struggling along since New Year when my son o/d.  He has survived but not good.  Those of you from the Prior Place may recall how angry and frustrated I was 2 years ago when he was put on a drug for epilepsy and shortly thereafter put on Citropalam.  When I looked the a/d up, it said not to be given to people on epilepsy drugs!  I tried desperately to warn him and his new wife about a/d's and as a result, they cut me off and never spoke to me again!  His wife said if he didn't go on them she would leave him.  2 years down the track (last Nov.) she left anyway!   So he o/d ...

Nuff said.

1995-2007      20mg Aropax/Paxil for pain.  Years of up and down doses

2008                Endep, Lexapro and then Esipram (hell!) CT (oh dear!)

2009                20mg Aropax.  Tried skipping doses for a year (more hell!)

2010                10mg.  10% taper.  Lasted 4 months. Crashed again

2011                5% taper. 9mg-7mg (hell got even worse!)

2012                2.5% taper.  6.6mg – 5.6mg (worser still & unbearable)

2013                5% taper.  Big mistake.  5.5mg – 4.6mg  (even worserer)

2014                2.5% taper.  4.9mg – 4.5mg;    2015 2.5% taper 4.4 - 4.0mg

2016                2.5% taper.  3.9mg  Feb 3.8   Mar 3.7  May 3.6   Jul 3.5

2017                2.5% taper.  Jan 3.4;   Mar 3.35;  Apr 3.3; Oct 3; Dec 2.9;

2018                2.5% taper. Jan 2.8; Mar 2.7; Mar: 2.75; Jun 2.7; Aug 2.6; Oct 2.5; Nov 2.4; Dec 2.3

2019                Jan 2.2; Feb 2.1;

I remember you talking about him years ago, I'm so sorry it ended up coming to this.  I have real trouble reading the threads about personal lives that have been shattered by all of this.  It really leaves me at a loss for words.

Hey Brass. How you doing ? Have been following your thread since I started here and love seeing your progress.

Started Citalopram in 2005 (aged 15) for apparent "OCD" - 60mg 

July 2015 attempted 2 x 10% + cuts 4 weeks apart. WD symptoms intense at times. Need to slow down.

November 2016 - Resumed taper. 1.25 - 1.5% decrease weekly approx.

44.5mg November 2016. Jan 2017 42.5 mg. March 2017 40 mg. June 2017 37mg. September 2018 22mg. Nov 2018 Holding at 22mg to stabilise from moderate wave. January 2020 - Holding, mostly feeling fine, but still having some waves at times. 

February 2020 - Resumed taper , 1.5% reduction weekly/every two weeks. 

Hi Nick-- thanks for dropping in. I've been really busy the past few weeks so haven't taken the time to update.  Just finished up week three at this dose and for the most part things are going pretty good.  I had intermittent bouts with the WD symptoms all week, mainly dizziness and cog fog.  The cold (for So Cal) has reall been bothering me lately especially while working in the shop.  My hands just don't want to cooperate and do what they're told and my hands and back ache constantly.  My anxiety level seems to be up too, been getting palpitations and the beginning surges of panic which I have to squash quickly so it doesn't gain control.  If all goes according to pattern things should be settling in the next couple of day.

Got some situationl stuff going on too.  Monica goes in for her first operation on Thursday.  Everything is under control and she's really calm about it which is great.  So the worrying then falls to the support people, me, and I'm doing my job well.  Outside things look fine, but I think it has more than a little to do with the current anxiety.

Today's been really pleasant out so I've been having a good time cleaning up the flower beds in preparation for spring.

Hi brassmonkey

Hope u have settled down now and are feeling better. Nothing worst than suffering like we do not fair. You sound busy which is a good thing I guess to keep the mind on something else. Well hope you have more good days.

Take care hardy

Currently suffer extreme CFS, Lyme, adrenal fatigue, bad gut issues, reaction bad to mold basically etc home a lot. Can hardly walk all I get crash easily. 
I’m currently on mirtizapine 1.7mg and Reboxetine 0.4mg. I did a cut on reboxetine on the 19/4/20 around 11%. 
Also taking Ativan since January 2mg. 

I posted this on another thread and want to keep a record of it here:

There is so much new, technical and at times conflicting information to try and absorb while your brain isn't working the way you'd like, it can be very frustrating, confusing and scary.  You'll start to make sense of it all pretty soon.

When a you takes a dose of these meds it takes about three to four hours for it to fully enter the blood and start working.  Once that happens the body start using it up and getting rid of it.  The time it takes for the body has removed half of the dose is referred to the meds "half life" and is different for each drug. So you take a dose today the amount in the blood peaks and starts to taper down, but there is still some there when you take a dose tomorrow and again the next day etc.  It takes four days for the peeks and valleys to even out to a fairly level amount.  During those four days any symptoms that come up are usually due to those fluctuations so you can't know how the dose is really affecting you.  Once the drug is steady state then the body can react to it in a steady manner and you can tell how you're tolerating it.  So most symptoms/improvements that come up during the first four days after a "dose change event" are considered invalid when assessing how well you're tolerating the change.

On top of that symptoms/improvements caused by the dose change event can take from a week to several months to happen.  Symptoms from a decrease frequently show up fairly quickly, unlike improvements from an updose or reinstatement which often take in the four week to several month range, sometimes longer.  It's something people don't want to hear, because they want relief now.  But there really is no way around it.  

It's been one of those on again off again weeks. Monday was pretty miserable with the anxiety and agitation, not to mention everything possible going wrong at work.  Tuesday was great, and now today I've slipped back toward Mondays status with the anxiety and agitation. The work situation hasn't improved either, just had a project blow up, literally, several pounds of sticky goo all over my work area.  It's going to a lot of fun cleaning that stuff up. 

Monica goes in for her surgery tomorrow so that's not helping my nerves any either.

• Moderator Emeritus

Brass, I'm sorry you've got these stressors going on that bring the WD to the surface, it seems.  What is it about this week?  I've got the nervy anxious feeling just under the surface, too.  Spring coming too early!

I hope you get settled.  My thoughts are with you and your wife with the surgery tomorrow. One moment at a time :-)

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

Well the surgery has been canceled.  The coordinator dropped the ball and the approvals that we were told were ready weren't.  So now we get to wait on approvals again and then reschedule.  Monica's being philosophical about, I'm POed.

Hang in there Brass. I hope it is rescheduled sooner than later, how annoying.

I started back on Bejewelled, and had to get my son to collect all my gifts, lmao. I had a fine time buying special gems, and got some great scored because of them. Living high and fancy, if not in real life, then at least virtually,lol.

2 Timothy 1-7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Started having poop out mid 2010, also switched generic brands, then crashed in Dec 2010 (anxiety/ "terror", intense DR, anhedonia, suicidal ideation, chills, insomnia, horrible intrusive thoughts, disorientation, ect)

Tried Celexa,Cipralex, then Paxil to deal with wd(this switching made things worse and added akathesia)

Found online support and started tapering Paxil 7 months after quitting Effexor (at this point was having small windows).

Year 4 June 2015 1.1mg , dropping by 10% until .5mg, after then dropped by 0.1mg every 5 weeks until 0.1mg.

Yea, I got your present thanks.  I've been having a great time with it and rather look forward to "blowing things up" in the evening.

The week is continuing in the same vain, just a different tune.  Today's symptom of choice is depression.  Starts with a nice basic nerodepression and then the spiral takes hold and of we go.  It's not helping with the having to reschedule Monica's stuff either.  But changing the channel has been working pretty well most of the day, so at least it's controllable. I don't think I'll be doing my planned drop on Monday, better to let this one ride for a while longer.

Of all wd symptoms, thats my least favorite. Sorry to hear you have it, it seems to have a life of its own sometimes. We're so close now. Good idea to wait.

• Moderator Emeritus

I've never been able to decide whether depression or anxiety was worse.  They're both awful.  Hope it lifts for you soon.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2016  Aug off paroxetine

Hope your feeling better soon. (())

Been taking paroxatine for approx 15 years.Tried a few times yo stop but failed. Am currently on 3.5mg liquid

Jan 2016 been slow tapering paroxatine and i am currently at 2.9 mg and last drop was 5 weeks ago.

Started to feel awful about 3 weeks ago with brain ???? , shakes, blurred vision and dizzyness. ..

Many hugs! Depression is so hard. But it will lift. It's chemical. Sorry about M:s operation. I hope it is rescheduled soon.

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

Thank you for the support ladies, it really helps. Luckily the depression has been in manageable waves of a few hours each.  It's been a while so it catches me off guard and it takes a little while to figure out what is going on.

They called and said everything has been figured out and the operation has been rescheduled for this coming Thursday.

Monica's surgery went well.  She is back at home lying on the couch getting ready to take a nap. Now I can start to let my stomach unwind.

Excellent news.

Recovering paxil addict

Glad to hear that Brass! I hope everything with her recovery is smooth and quick. Nothing like life to get trying when we're dealing with frayed emotions already, ugh. Hang in there!

That was good to hear! I Take care, both of you. Hugs!

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

• Moderator Emeritus

That's good news.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2016  Aug off paroxetine

Thank you all for the well wishes, I have passed them along and she said to be sure and thank them.

It's been such an up and down week, I'm glad I extended hold.  I may go another week just to let life settle out a bit more before I try another taper.  Life is planning to throw a lot at me over the next several months so I will really have to pay attention to things and really practice rolling with it.

Well? Don't leave us hanging------

I'm into the second week at the new dose.  Been having a lot do dizziness and brain fog.  It comes and goes, but when it's here I'm really noticing it.  Also there have been a lot more twitches lately.  Primarily my left eye, as usual, which is a real nuisance. 

I also seem to be getting a bunch of breakouts and mouth sores, but I think they have more to do with the stress of events from the past weekend.  That makes number 15 for me since I started tapering/got sober about four and a half years ago and I'm finding it pretty tough to work through.  But it hasn't even been a week yet, so like everything else it needs more time.  It really does point up just how serious, scary, painful and dangerous this WD business is, and having it thrust upon us through no fault of our own takes some doing to reconcile.  It was made very clear to me a couple of months after I joined Prior Place when one of the more popular members, who had been one of the early ones to greet me, decided she had had enough.  It was a hard lesson I will never forget and each subsequent one has been no easier. As you can see I'm not able to come right out and talk about it directly but still have to shroud the topic in generalities.  Well, back to thinking about other things.

crazy how you write about the eye twitch. I have been having this lately and wondered why. Is it from withdrawal???

2007-2012started Effexor xr 225mg -150mg- Varied2months of Taper,(March 22/2012 Off Med/in W/D)Currently No medicationMarch 22/2012- August 16/2012 - Totally Off Effexor( Rough Rough time) Reinstatement for a week(didn't work)****** New Doctor******* Very nice/helpful and in touch.Tried Zoloft- No successAUGUST 17/2012- STARTED 37.5 EFFEXOR FOR ONE WEEK - NOT GOOD < STOPPED.Started Buspar Oct 11th 2012----10 mg for the first 7 days and then 15mg a day---- Taking a new route----Racing thoughts - Gone.Oct 9th ( Done Zoloft,wellbutrin week project trial to feel better) - OFFICIALLY OFF ANTI DEPRESSANT !Oct 26 - Raised Buspar to 20mg a day- Tolerating wellJan 2nd 2013-

Reduce Buspar until full off march 20th 2015 Off all medication !

Tried natural supplements to no avail

Gluten/sugar free since december 2013