brassmonkey

☼ Brassmonkey: Talking about myself

doxxigirl
On 2/6/2015 at 1:24 PM, brassmonkey said:

Wrote this on another thread and wanted to share it here also:

Major life lessons have taught me that attitude and humor are two of the biggest keys to making it through the tough times.  Attitude is a choice that can make a tough time worse or tolerable, and a positive attitude really does make healing quicker.  I've been through enough to know that every situation is temporary, so why make things worse for my self.  As for humor, ya gota be able to laugh at your self before you can make fun of others, and a lot of natural occurring events are just plain silly so why not laugh at them instead of being embarrassed or upset.

You are so right Brasmonkey!

Dabhob33
On 6/29/2016 at 5:44 AM, geminigirl said:

I also love your Stephen Hawking quote!

What a hero that man is.

RIP Mr Hawking

doxxigirl
31 minutes ago, Dabhob33 said:

RIP Mr Hawking

Yes, RIP Mr. Hawking. I also thought of Brassmonkey when I heard the news.

Dabhob33

Is brass monkey still with us?

doxxigirl
2 minutes ago, Dabhob33 said:

Is brass monkey still with us?

Yes he is and has been a great help and encouragement to me.

Dabhob33

Outstanding.   Would love to connect with him.  But I’m sure he’s busy.  Was he on benzos?

brassmonkey

I just posted above 22 hours ago so I don;t even count as a missing person yet. LOL :o  I've been busy posting on other  members threads and neglecting my own.  Probably because there isn't a whole lot to post here. I pass the eleven month mark since I jumped to "0" tomorrow and have to say things are going quite well.  It's not to the point where my ups and downs are all attributed to the fluctuations of normal life, but the symptoms I am getting are generally pretty mild and only last a short time. I don't have any plans to abandon SA, and in fact have several projects in the works for here.  Finding the time to sit and do some dedicated writing is a trick though as I have even more projects around the house and things that I have been putting off for years that I am finally getting a chance to make.

Losing Steven is quite a shock.  One of the most brilliant minds of all times. Monica worked with him from time to time over at JPL. He will be quite missed.  Funny though, one of my first thoughts when I read the news was "how will this play out on Big Bang Theory"?

I did a short course of Xanax about 20 year ago and it didn't do a thing for me so I haven't tried any thing like it since.

Dabhob33

Pleasure to meet you!   I look forward to reading more of your insights.   That’s true regarding Big Bang.   They, especially Sheldon, will be devastated! 

Frogie

Hi Brass:

I wanted to apologize for taking up your time.

I freaked out and panicked. I didn't want to wait for an answer. I unfortunately wanted an answer now.

I loved the purple paint. That made me laugh, even for a minute.

I hope you will accept my apology.

Take care,

Frogie xx

SkyBlue

Hello my friend, I saw the news about Seven Hawking earlier this week and thought of you. I think you have a lot in common with him. 

brassmonkey

Looks like it's been a while.  Not a whole lot to report, just going right along.  Planted a bit of garden two weeks ago. Not doing tomatoes this year, but rather decorative corn, 150 plants.  So far they are about a foot tall and I'm having the devil of a time keeping the skunks from digging up all around them.  Once they are a bit bigger it won't matter, but right now the skunks keep knocking them over.  Spring has brought a new family of bunnies to the back yard and I'm having a wonderful time trying to make friends.  It's a very slow process, but they tolerate having me around for a few minutes, as long as I don;t get too close.

Songbird

Sounds like fun.  We have pukekos in our back garden!

brassmonkey

Those are so pretty.  Most of our birds are pretty much a dull brown.  We do have a pair of Blue Jays hanging about and in a few weeks we should have some lovely yellow ones passing through on their way to summer pastures.  The huge Red Tail Hawks have returned to their nest yet again I really love watching them soar in the afternoon sky.  All in all for living in a huge city we have a lot of wildlife hanging around.

Carmie

Hi Brassmonkey, I’ve been reading some of your thread, though it’s really long n couldn’t read it all😂. 

Thats wonderful you managed to get off the meds. How did u go towards the end with the tiny doses. I’m too braindead to read through the whole post. 

nick1990

Nice Brass :) sounds like life’s pretty cool for you !

hugs

Nick ! 

Altostrata

Seems that a "here comes the sun" symbol ☼ is called for here!

Looking forward to your contribution to Recovery Success Stories eventually!

Happy2Heal

whoa just two days away from a full year off! 

:)

brassmonkey

It's been a year since my last tiny dose of Paxil.  There have been a lot of things going on, return of emotions, windows and waves, fatigue and energy. All in all I'm is so much of a better place than I was a year ago it's amazing.  The cheerful "Sun Symbol" in my thread title a tests to that. That tiny little dose 0.016mg was enough to still cause trouble while I was taking it.  Not any more.  It's been quite a journey from where I started over six years ago and I will be recounting it in a success story as soon as I can get some private time, as I know it will be emotional to write and we have guests for the weekend.

Thank you to everyone on this and other forums for your help and support the whole way.

Brass

wantrelief

Congratulations, Brassmonkey!  Your story brings so much hope to those of us in the middle of the struggle to be free from medication.  Thank you also for all you do here!  I look forward to reading your success story.

Dan998

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes :)

caperjackie

Congratulations Tom! A year 'med' free is a huge milestone! Well done!

Carmie

Well done Tom, so happy for you

bubbles

Brassmonkey, so pleased to hear you are doing well.

Dalalea
7 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

It's been a year since my last tiny dose of Paxil.

Congratulations! That is very encouraging to hear about!

It's so unbelievable that such a small dose can still cause problems but it does and I believe it! I wish it was easier to convince people of that. There are so many that seek help and then think they are invincible. 

Again, so happy for you!

Dalalea

Frogie

Glad you made it! Congratulations 🌞🌞🌞

Frogie xx

mia
1 hour ago, Frogie said:

Frogie xx

Co

1 hour ago, Frogie said:

Frogie xx

Congratulations Brassmonkey!Im very happy for you.

jolena

Congratulations!

apace41
On 4/15/2018 at 2:20 PM, brassmonkey said:

It's been quite a journey from where I started over six years ago and I will be recounting it in a success story as soon as I can get some private time, as I know it will be emotional to write and we have guests for the weekend.

What a great achievement, Tom!  Very happy for you.  Hard to see the finish line from where I am so it's good to know people are crossing it!

Looking forward to the success story.

Best,

Andy

Rosetta

Truly amazing!  Thank you for sharing your journey here and for your support to everyone else.  I hope you have a wonderful Paxil free life!! -- Rosetta

LexAnger

Congratulations Tom  for reaching another milestone! 

You have been a true hero and aspiration to everyone in the community. We all appreciate your great help you provided to many of us!

Wish you continuous healing and best of luck in all aspects moving forward!

Lex

Songbird

What I love about your story is that you were on Paxil for 20 years and have managed to get free.  This is a testament to neuroplasticity.  There is hope for long term SSRI users.

brassmonkey

Hi All-- I am very pleased to say that I have posted my success story.  I am also starting a new journal thread to continue our discussions concentrating on the post "0" experience and to "life, the universe and everything".

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/17646-brassmonkey-a-success-story/

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/17647-tao-of-the-brassmonkey/

Alto, will you please do the honors.

Altostrata

Delighted, Tom.

As is our custom, I'm closing this topic now as brassmonkey closes one chapter and opens another.

Please congratulate brassmonkey in his excellent success story topic, Tao of the Brassmonkey, where he will continue to dispense his inimitable wisdom.

(His 2 most recent topics have been combined into the one success story topic.)